PDA

View Full Version : Who can we get as a new O.C. next year?!!

playboy pryor
12-01-2009, 10:14 AM
Steelers fans seem to think Weis is a good fit for us!!!!

Blazedby92
12-01-2009, 10:19 AM
Arians will be there next year, as much as I hate 2 believe it.

LatrobePA
12-01-2009, 10:21 AM
Arians will be there next year, as much as I hate 2 believe it.

Ditto! Another year of this rack up the stats crap!

UKSTEELER
12-01-2009, 11:05 AM
I just watched the highlights of last nights game. . . .

There was more great offensive play calling in the highlights of one game than we've seen from Bruce all year!!

The saints continually have an outlet back in the flat, we just don't bother, incredible!!

Big T
12-01-2009, 11:07 AM
Bruce Arians will be here....and even if he wasn't, if we got Charlie Weis, I might kill myself

jpele
12-01-2009, 11:17 AM
I'll take Bruce Arians, hmmm looks like I got my wish.:greengrin:

If I could pick an OC I think I'd hire Brian Billick,he's available he knows offense.

LatrobePA
12-01-2009, 11:18 AM
I'll take Bruce Arians, hmmm looks like I got my wish.:greengrin:

If I could pick an OC I think I'd hire Brian Billick,he's available he knows offense.

I'd take him....He's a run first kinda guy!

coldrolled
12-01-2009, 11:28 AM
I just watched the highlights of last nights game. . . .

There was more great offensive play calling in the highlights of one game than we've seen from Bruce all year!!

The saints continually have an outlet back in the flat, we just don't bother, incredible!!

When Ben watches a show like that NO game, does he think to himself. I wish i could be like Brees or does he think maybe our OC is an idiot...

I wonder what the steelers RB's and WR's see....

The washed up re-tread corners looked good for NO also. Our corners would be playing with reckless abonded too if they knew we could score at will. we would rule many games.

but.. our defense has to be perfect and walk on glass and contain constantly because they know our offense could go on a 2 qtr non scoring dry spell easier than a scoring spree...

our whole problem is the play calling. did you hear the announcers all night saying how the play calling and game planning by the NO team was just perfect...

fire arians now.

HUNT4SEVEN
12-01-2009, 11:53 AM
I was thinking about the same thing this morning, at this point i would take almost anyone, but we have to get rid of Bull Sh&^ BA, i believe if we don't make the Playoffs we clean house this off season:yesnod: if we make the playoffs we keep everbody in tact:evilshake: i don't agree with this but it is what it is................

Zachintosh66
12-01-2009, 12:35 PM
No charlie...

Tomlin isnt going to fire BA regardless

SteelCityKid5
12-01-2009, 01:57 PM
One of the Steelers biggest investments... Ben Roethlisberger. Ben Roethlisbeger is a passy happy QB who is in love with Arians. If Arains is fired it wouldnt sit, well with our franchise QB.

JensK
12-01-2009, 02:03 PM
He should not care. He is getting 12 mil a year to play - He should play his heart out every single snap, no matter who he is playing under..

coldrolled
12-01-2009, 02:45 PM
No charlie...

Tomlin isnt going to fire BA regardless

maybe in february

igor0190
12-01-2009, 02:45 PM
1. How brutal was the call on 3rd and 6 in O/T. Dixon's first start, ask him to read the D, and send the receivers on a 6 yard out. Of course that route is going to get jumped by the DB. Should have called a QB draw.

2. How do you call only 1 running play for Dixon all game? Especially after the first one goes for a 30 yard TD. Bruce Arians, you are brutal. Does he not know what Dennis Dixon can do? Sickening.

coldrolled
12-01-2009, 03:40 PM
1. How brutal was the call on 3rd and 6 in O/T. Dixon's first start, ask him to read the D, and send the receivers on a 6 yard out. Of course that route is going to get jumped by the DB. Should have called a QB draw.

2. How do you call only 1 running play for Dixon all game? Especially after the first one goes for a 30 yard TD. Bruce Arians, you are brutal. Does he not know what Dennis Dixon can do? Sickening.

Well just a note: Brady thru the same interception last night at a crucial point in the game when they were behind by 7. it looked like the same play actually...

the rollout td w/ dixon to holmes, the dixon TD run plays should have happend way more that whole night. even a nice reverse with wallace and dixon. wow, we would be moving at top speed on that and get a nice block from ward. ah.. say td.. who knows what we can accomplish if we just would try .... some imagination....

TampaSteelGirl
12-01-2009, 03:56 PM
:deadhorse:

BlitzburghRockCity
12-01-2009, 04:01 PM
Bruce Arians will be here....and even if he wasn't, if we got Charlie Weis, I might kill myself

Be sure to pass the bottle of pills before you fall over cuz I'll be right with ya! There's no way we are getting Wiess as our OC; Tomlin isn't going to dump Arians so he'll be back and we'll have another year of bad calls at critical times mixed in with enough good calls for Tomlin to keep his black n gold blinders on.

Honestly Arians does a lot of good things in this offense, he plays to Ben's strengths most of the time and allows him to be himself without handcuffing him in the pocket. However when he does screw up, he REALLY screws up and it costs us games...so it's really pick your poison at this point with him. Last year we were able to overcome the bad calls because the team was that focused and playing really well. This year though, his bad calls are magnified even more by the breakdowns all over the field from the players.