PDA

View Full Version : "We're going to unleash hell in December"

LatrobePA
12-01-2009, 08:21 AM
Are the words from Coach T's mouth, what do you all think?

1) Starting this Sunday the team will have a new get the f out of my way look.

2) No real changes seen come Sunday.

BlitzburghRockCity
12-01-2009, 08:38 AM
Yeah I saw that clip on NFLN last night, and from the looks of him I almost thought he was going to cry...or kill someone! LOL.

To listen to him talk, one would think he's going to pull out all the stops, take off all the handcuffs, blitz every down, and see what happens. He is a motivator, there's no doubt, but will the team respond...we'll have to wait and see.

jpele
12-01-2009, 08:55 AM
After Cincinnati: "The special teams WILL be fixed". Didn't happen

After K.C. : "This is not us,and it won't be us". More of the same

After Baltimore: "We're going to unleash hell in December" I don't see any changes coming.If we beat the Raiders and we should,Tomlin can say "I told you so ".

LatrobePA
12-01-2009, 09:04 AM
Raiders will not go down easy....BUT the last time we played Tampa and Bruce G. our blitzes destroyed him!

playboy pryor
12-01-2009, 09:10 AM
Does this mean Hell Boy will be our O.C. very soon?!!!! LOL

floodcitygirl
12-01-2009, 09:41 AM
Are the words from Coach T's mouth, what do you all think?

1) Starting this Sunday the team will have a new get the f out of my way look.

2) No real changes seen come Sunday.Is there a link for his comments? If so, I'd appreciate it.

LatrobePA
12-01-2009, 09:49 AM
Is there a link for his comments? If so, I'd appreciate it.

Sorry, I saw it on the NFLC last night. I'll sniff around there for ya!

Try this: http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=09000d5d8149df42&template=with-video-with-comments&confirm=true

UKSTEELER
12-01-2009, 10:01 AM
We might well see a more attacking defense, get in their faces!

Doubt there will be much change offensively!

jpele
12-01-2009, 10:20 AM
Is there a link for his comments? If so, I'd appreciate it.

http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/09335/1017486-66.stm

HUNT4SEVEN
12-01-2009, 10:57 AM
I'm tired of all the talk! i wanna see sum action with those words, i respect MT but he needs to get in BA @$$ for calling such Bull sh^% plays game in an game out, an he needs to get into Dicks @$$ as well, an the so called special teams coach @$$ as well:cursin:

LatrobePA
12-01-2009, 11:06 AM
I'm with you, f the stats on O, who cares if Ben is having a career year passing, lets win some f'n football games man! Coach make it happen!

75Steeler
12-01-2009, 11:10 AM
December is not the time to unleash hell. We should have had hell unleashed from the start of this season. Everyone guns for the defending champs and they did. We also did not have that tough of a schedule this season. How is it that we beat teams who looked really good going into our games with them and teams we were supposed to beat and be much better than beat us? I see some of the issues with this team but I think there is something deeper happening here. Tomlin looked like he wanted to kill someone in his post game press conference and he is usually the cool one in the room.

Scorp
12-01-2009, 11:31 AM
So much for having a easy schedule. Teams are going to play harder than us to eliminate us from playoff contention so they can have a chance. The raiders will help us beat them, that's for sure. I don't expect any changes sunday....just a win.

Zachintosh66
12-01-2009, 11:34 AM
Since day one Mike Tolin had always said the right things...

Im tired of hearing him talk... I want action!

Scorp
12-01-2009, 11:38 AM
C'mon Steelers, eye of the tiger!!

LarryNJ
12-01-2009, 11:43 AM
December is not the time to unleash hell...

I see some of the issues with this team but I think there is something deeper happening here. Tomlin looked like he wanted to kill someone in his post game press conference and he is usually the cool one in the room.

I agree about something deeper happening...this team has seldom played with the confidence and emotion necessary to win. Most games there's a very fine line between winning and losing that a good coach can push them over the line. They should have unleashed hell all year...but I'll take it for the next 2 1/2 months! :)

franchise3
12-01-2009, 11:44 AM
1. What the heck has he been waiting for? December? Really dude

2. When I see him show some darn emotions on the field then, and only then will I take his words seriously. Guy looks like Pete Sampras out there. Has he ever watched how Cowher does it? Heck, I remember when Titans stomped the towel last season. Cowher was in the studio furious, saying that the Steelers will destroy Titans in the playoffs because of that. Tomlin at the beggining of the season: "stomping the towel? That's long behind us, we are not thinking about that, we don't need that kind of motivation." Go coach diving with that attitude.

P.S. I am just pissed off, maybe I should cool down.

BlackGold4vr
12-01-2009, 11:55 AM
The hell that has been unleashed has been on the fans who have been watching this team under-achieve all season long! So they are gonna hit the reset button and this time.......they're gonna play to win! Oooooohhhhh! Really? I really wish the players who haven't really been trying to win would just step forward and identify themselves so it would be easy to determine who to cut next spring.

:lol:

floodcitygirl
12-01-2009, 12:06 PM
Sorry, I saw it on the NFLC last night. I'll sniff around there for ya!

Try this: http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=09000d5d8149df42&template=with-video-with-comments&confirm=trueThank you!

--- Added 12/1/2009 at 11:06 AM ---

http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/09335/1017486-66.stmThanks!

jpele
12-01-2009, 12:18 PM
The hell that has been unleashed has been on the fans who have been watching this team under-achieve all season long!

:plus1:

lloydfan4life
12-01-2009, 12:26 PM
I'm taking a wait and see approach.
Let's see how those 'words' translate into 'actions'.

RIVERS OF STEEL
12-01-2009, 01:39 PM
Yeah right, uh hum, OK. wtf. So,we haven't unleashed hell already? I'm right there with ya coach. man.... This man is very profound. Anybody worried how this is gonna turn out? I am. Sometimes it's better to just keep your mouth shut and do your job. That time is now. Man, we are in deep ****.:duh:

coldrolled
12-01-2009, 01:47 PM
Yeah right, uh hum, OK. wtf. So,we haven't unleashed hell already? I'm right there with ya coach. man.... This man is very profound. Anybody worried how this is gonna turn out? I am. Sometimes it's better to just keep your mouth shut and do your job. That time is now. Man, we are in deep ****.:duh:

Bruce Helluva Arians

i think he may have used his middle name.

TampaSteelGirl
12-01-2009, 02:22 PM
They all should be embarrassed and pissed off enough to be getting out there now and ripping some heads off!! I want to see that determination we saw when we were the #6 seed fighting our way to Superbowl XL on the road!! NOW THATS DETERMINATION!!! :yellowthumb:

coldrolled
12-01-2009, 02:33 PM
They all should be embarrassed and pissed off enough to be getting out there now and ripping some heads off!! I want to see that determination we saw when we were the #6 seed fighting our way to Superbowl XL on the road!! NOW THATS DETERMINATION!!! :yellowthumb:

We will probably end up like the ravens last year with the 6th seed and have to unleash hell to get to the Championship Game like the ravens did last year.

We can do it. We need to open up the other half of the play book to get there.

TampaSteelGirl
12-01-2009, 02:41 PM
We will probably end up like the ravens last year with the 6th seed and have to unleash hell to get to the Championship Game like the ravens did last year.

We can do it. We need to open up the other half of the play book to get there.

Whatever it takes.....:yellowthumb:

BlitzburghRockCity
12-01-2009, 02:57 PM
Kiesel was talking about realizing they have to find a way to win out the rest of the way in order to have a chance; and they realize their margin for error is gone now. It's unfortunate that it's come to this and we have to fight for our post season lives when we could have taken ahold of the division weeks ago and been right there for the lead and a chance for a bye.

floodcitygirl
12-01-2009, 03:06 PM
I don't believe that Tomlin would be able to satisfy many Steeler fans with anything he said at this point. I tell people all the time that there is no need for anyone else to come down on our team. We tend to do a great job of that all on our own. :lol: We'll see what happens come Sunday.

SteelCityKid5
12-01-2009, 09:39 PM
People in here take words a little too literally.

BR7
12-01-2009, 09:48 PM
Raiders and Browns aren't exactly two teams who need hell unleashed on for a win. So if he's unleasing, we better win by a combined 100 - 0 those two games. As one poster above said.. should have started months ago, not in December when we are on life support. Talk is cheap, show me...

SteelCityKid5
12-02-2009, 09:46 AM
Anytime someone comes out, player or coach, and trash talks before a game the media addresses Tomlin. What does Tomlin say? "Talk is just that. It's talk." I'm sure he knows actions speak louder than words. Plus, it was after an emotional game. Coaches and players always become emotional during post-game interviews. For example, Hines Ward. He even came out and said that doing interviews right after the games is difficult to handle because of the emotion of the game. Some players dont even get ample time to digest the sixty minutes of football they just played before a microphone is in front of them. Point being, Tomlin knows what he needs to do for this season to be a success. He knows the task at hand is going to be difficult. He's a 37 year old young head coach. He isn't a vet and mistakes or things will be said. That comes with longevity in a coach. Personally I loved what he said. They don't need to unleash hell, they just need to win.

UKSTEELER
12-02-2009, 10:59 AM
Unlesh HELL this December?

I've been unleashing HELL all season . . .

Effin HELL why are we in shotgun on first down?

Bloody HELL where was the draw play?

Frikin HELL why throw deep there?

Why the HELL is Bruce OC for the mighty Steelers?

ejsteeler
12-02-2009, 11:12 AM
As much as I hate to say, I think this year is lost even though we have talent. The fire is just not there. That's something you can't fabricate or game plan for.
At least it will give us reason to make some changes.......I know BA is on a lot of folks hit list, just like mine, and although we have been winning with him (or inspite of him), I hope he is the first change. :yellowthumb:

TampaSteelGirl
12-02-2009, 11:57 AM
As much as I hate to say, I think this year is lost even though we have talent. The fire is just not there. That's something you can't fabricate or game plan for.
At least it will give us reason to make some changes.......I know BA is on a lot of folks hit list, just like mine, and although we have been winning with him (or inspite of him), I hope he is the first change. :yellowthumb:

Ya know I just have to agree here...I was thinking the same thinking myself...Ok i'm sure i'll here the sh*t of how I've given up on the Steelers :blah::blah::blah: but I do NOT see the fire in this team this year...we have even more talent than we did last year and we should be blowing most teams out of the water with this schedule, not that we need to but I'm just not seeing what we've seen in past years...no fight, lots of talk but I don't see it this year...I"m not giving up but I just don't see us getting past our first playoff game and I certainly dont see us beating a team like the Saints...we have ALL the talent, more talent but there is just no passion this year.....Any thoughts???

franchise3
12-02-2009, 12:05 PM
Ya know I just have to agree here...I was thinking the same thinking myself...Ok i'm sure i'll here the sh*t of how I've given up on the Steelers :blah::blah::blah: but I do NOT see the fire in this team this year...we have even more talent than we did last year and we should be blowing most teams out of the water with this schedule, not that we need to but I'm just not seeing what we've seen in past years...no fight, lots of talk but I don't see it this year...I"m not giving up but I just don't see us getting past our first playoff game and I certainly dont see us beating a team like the Saints...we have ALL the talent, more talent but there is just no passion this year.....Any thoughts???

I don't think we have more talent. Well maybe more talent (Mike Wallace is more talented than Nate Washington but is he better at this moment) but we are not a better team. The only area we are better in is punt and RB (Berger was so bad and Mendy is clearly better than FWP was last season). But, Smith is injured and Troy has been injured. That is huge. McFadden was playing way better than Gay is currently. Some players are getting old and it's noticeable (Farrior). I think that we are not as good but I do agree that we are also underachieving as well.

TampaSteelGirl
12-02-2009, 12:14 PM
I don't think we have more talent. Well maybe more talent (Mike Wallace is more talented than Nate Washington but is he better at this moment) but we are not a better team. The only area we are better in is punt and RB (Berger was so bad and Mendy is clearly better than FWP was last season). But, Smith is injured and Troy has been injured. That is huge. McFadden was playing way better than Gay is currently. Some players are getting old and it's noticeable (Farrior). I think that we are not as good but I do agree that we are also underachieving as well.

Oh I'm sorry I meant as a healthy team being a better team but I guess with all our injuries and guys out we are not more talented...Dreamin outloud I guess. :grin1:

STEELER 4 LIFE
12-02-2009, 10:20 PM
Does this mean Hell Boy will be our O.C. very soon?!!!! LOL

HAHAHAHA!

Phenomenal TJ
12-03-2009, 01:39 AM
Why didn't we unleash hell from week one on?

LarryNJ
12-03-2009, 05:00 AM
"I think Troy would be upset to be in the same sentence as "unleashing hell." If you know him, there is nothing hellish about him. He doesn't even want you to call him the Tasmanian Devil. It would be more possible to unleash hell without him than it would be with him," — Steelers safety Ryan Clark.