PDA

View Full Version : League pressure forced Coach to sit Ben?

weidnerr
11-30-2009, 07:18 PM
I believe all the concussion discussions recently forced the Coach to sit Ben. He should have never dressed if he couldn't play. If it truely was a concussion he should have been set down early in the week...He did a great job coaching Dixon Sunday night. Weak use of Dixon was hard to watch. He could have rolled out at least 15 times. If you want to be conservative why not throw to one of the best tightends in the game? Or better yet anyone Ray Lewis is dropping to cover.
Secondary needs to learn to find and Catch the ball...

Troyisabeast_43
11-30-2009, 07:28 PM
I agree they only rolled Dixon out I believe 3 times on bootlegs and all 3 times he was successful in making big pass completions and the one ended up being a TD pass to Holmes. I would have rolled Dixon out especially in overtime when they got the ball near midfield before the interception. Had they done that and try to use Dixon's legs somehow to make some more plays the Steelers probably end up winning the game last night. It's just so damn frustrating because the Steelers were that close last night to winning a game in Baltimore with their best players out on both offense and defense that I really believe would have turned their season completely around moving forward here going into December and the playoffs...

LatrobePA
11-30-2009, 07:45 PM
Right call IMO. Our QB last night didn't lose this one for us, our D did....Healthy Ben will be a must if we are to make a run...