PDA

View Full Version : The current wildcard standings going into the first week of December...

Troyisabeast_43
11-30-2009, 07:06 PM
As things stand right now the teams the Steelers are most likely going to have to fight off to get one of these 2 wildcard spots are the Broncos,Jaguars,and Ravens. So here are the current standings and conference records of each team along with the 5 games each team has remaining on their schedule. After you look at this you will clearly see that the Steelers have a slight edge over everyone of these teams when it comes to the teams they have left on the schedule in order to still get a wildcard. With that being said here goes. Games in all Caps are home games each team has left...

DENVER : 7-4 Conference 5-3 games left at Kc,at Indy,OAK,at Philly,KC

JACKSONVILLE : 6-5 Conference 5-2 games left HOUSTON,MIAMI,INDY,at Pats,at Cleve

BALTIMORE : 6-5 Conference 6-4 games left at Green Bay,DET,CHICAGO,at Pitt,at Oak

STEELERS : 6-5 Conference 4-4 games left OAK,at Cleve,GB,BALT,at Miami

So there you have it. And if you look at it closely the Broncos and Jags I believe have much much tougher schedules then the Steelers do. The Broncos still have games at Indy and at Philly which I believe they will both lose. Plus,even if the Broncos do finish with the same record as the Steelers the Steelers still win the head to head tiebraker over them seeing that they did beat them on that Monday night in Denver. The Jaguars have been up and down all year long and just got killed yesterday on the road by a mediocre 49ers team. And they still have games left with both the Colts and the Patriots on back to back weeks. No way I see them winning both of those games and in fact they will probably end up losing both. The Ravens have a very tough game at Green Bay next Monday night then 2 games they will probably win at home with the Lions and the Bears. That will then bring us to the rematch here with Balt on December 27th. As long as the Steelers win the next 3 with Oak,Cleveland,and the Packers and go into that game with the Ravens here in Pittsburgh with the same record as them they will make that game they lost in Baltimore last night a complete wash.

So there you have it and Im telling you as long as the Steelers win these games they are suppose too like the next 2 weeks the Broncos and Jags and even the Ravens will do their parts in losing as well and helping the Steelers chances. I still believe looking at all 3 of these other teams schedules that the Steelers are still in control of their own destiny to get a wildcard playoff spot. So while the division title and catching the Bengals is for the most part not likely the Steelers chances of a wildcard spot remain very strong if you look at the breakdown I just gave you and the schedules the other teams the Steelers are chasing have left. The schedule clearly sets up I believe in the Steelers favor compared to the other 3 teams...

OC Steel Curtain
11-30-2009, 07:44 PM
:crossfingers:

Dean Denton
11-30-2009, 07:46 PM
I think Denver and Baltimore have a much better shot based on the games left to play. We lost to the Bears, and the Chiefs, then to the Ravens. We just need to win all of the games left, and then we will see. I think the Ravens will lose to us and the Raiders, Denver will win out. the Jags I give no shot, but ya never know.....lol

franchise3
11-30-2009, 07:50 PM
I am going on the limb and saying that Denver loses to KC this weekend. Outside of their stadium, Denver is an average at best team. I know, KC sucks, but I think they can pull it off.

Troyisabeast_43
11-30-2009, 08:12 PM
I think Denver and Baltimore have a much better shot based on the games left to play. We lost to the Bears, and the Chiefs, then to the Ravens. We just need to win all of the games left, and then we will see. I think the Ravens will lose to us and the Raiders, Denver will win out. the Jags I give no shot, but ya never know.....lol

There is no way that the Broncos are going to win out. I will bet my mortgage on that deal I am that sure about that. There is no way the Broncos will win in both Indy and Philadelphia they will for sure lose at least one of those games...If I had to make a predicition on what all 4 teams will do I still say the Steelers can and will win out, the Broncos will lose to the Colts and Eagles and beat the Chiefs twice and the Raiders. The Jags will lose to Houston this Sunday,and against Indy and New England and they will beat the Dolphins and the Browns. And the Ravens will lose at Green Bay next Monday and to the Steelers in the rematch and beat the Lions and Bears at home and the Raiders on the road...If that happens the Steelers finish 11-5 the Broncos finish 10-6 and get the two wildcard spots and the Ravens and Jags finish at 9-7 and 8-8 and are on the outside looking in. I still believe that 10 wins will still be enough for the Steelers to get into the playoffs...

Goodfrom55
11-30-2009, 08:52 PM
Bottom line, folks, it's a 5 game schedule between Baltimore and the Steelers. Steelers must beat Baltimore when they play again in Pittsburgh, they're in. Honestly, With Ben and Troy, I don't see a problem beating them. Christ, a 3rd string QB took the Ravens to OT in Baltimore.

Win and we're in - that simple. . .

Sir Blitzelot
11-30-2009, 09:05 PM
Bottom line, folks, it's a 5 game schedule between Baltimore and the Steelers. Steelers must beat Baltimore when they play again in Pittsburgh, they're in. Honestly, With Ben and Troy, I don't see a problem beating them. Christ, a 3rd string QB took the Ravens to OT in Baltimore.

Win and we're in - that simple. . .

:plus1: Agree with you 100%.

TheButt
11-30-2009, 09:09 PM

You think Denver will win out ?????????

Put down the pipe.. and slowly back away and nobody will get hurt.

Gettysburgh_Steel
11-30-2009, 10:31 PM
I am already way there my man . Anyone who thinks we will not be there to settle , when the dust settles , may be sadly mistaken .
By the the time the big play-off wheel starts to churn , so will every aspect of our game .
We should be good to go with respects to injury complications . Tomlin has been takin some heat as of late , but he sees the big picture , maybe a little more on the real side .
Nothin could ever be sweeter than to take out the Bengals , and then send them packin back home . We may not even get the chance to do that , cause the work will already be done for us .
I hope we have the chance to end "their" hope of a dream . This team is too battle tested , and to smart to roll over now .
I have allways been a firm believer that you never show all your cards until all the chips are down .
All of the chips are not down yet . Our offense is not incompetent , nor is it set in stone . We have so many different ways to go .
I have the faith ! Ya allways save your best ball for last .
Why show what you are capable of off the bat ? Wait until the moment is right !

JensK
12-01-2009, 07:37 AM
Ravens will loose next week in Green Bay. You can count jax out of this. They have a tough tough schedule. Denver will get their spot, which leaves it us vs. Ravens - What we thought would happen, but in a slighty different way :P We just need to beat them at home, then we should be safe.

BlitzburghRockCity
12-01-2009, 09:41 AM
IF we win out, we should make the cut without too much problem...but this team has had opportunities at their feet for the last month now and failed to do anything about it. How many more chances do we get before this team gets off their asses and gets a win.

LatrobePA
12-01-2009, 10:17 AM
Pats 11-5 last year no PO's!

JensK
12-01-2009, 11:20 AM
Pats 11-5 last year no PO's!

Trust me, that wont happen again. 10-6 will be enough this year. There is a lot of odd results this year, and there wont be too many great records

coldrolled
12-01-2009, 11:38 AM
Trust me, that wont happen again. 10-6 will be enough this year. There is a lot of odd results this year, and there wont be too many great records

do the Bengals, Ravens and Steelers all make the playoffs this year??

is this possible?

JensK
12-01-2009, 11:47 AM
do the Bengals, Ravens and Steelers all make the playoffs this year??

is this possible?

Its very possible actually, depending on a lot of things ofc. As i see it, Bengals have locked up the division. that means that Ravens and Steelers will have to fight for a WC. As i see it, the wildcards is to be given to Denver, Steelers and Ravens. While Denver is 7-4 and both Steelers and Ravens are 6-5, both ravens and steelers have the tiebreaker over Denver, so if Denver drops two, Ravens win every game but the Steelers game, and Steelers win out, its ravens and Steelers who'll take the WC spots.

coldrolled
12-01-2009, 12:08 PM
Its very possible actually, depending on a lot of things ofc. As i see it, Bengals have locked up the division. that means that Ravens and Steelers will have to fight for a WC. As i see it, the wildcards is to be given to Denver, Steelers and Ravens. While Denver is 7-4 and both Steelers and Ravens are 6-5, both ravens and steelers have the tiebreaker over Denver, so if Denver drops two, Ravens win every game but the Steelers game, and Steelers win out, its ravens and Steelers who'll take the WC spots.

denver will lose 3 maybe. there schedule is rough for them.

LarryNJ
12-01-2009, 12:29 PM

That's a lot more likely to happen than the Broncos winning out. Although do we both beat GB????

JensK
12-01-2009, 12:52 PM
I think its more likely that Ravens drop it than us, due to the fact that we have them at home, and they have them in green bay

LarryNJ
12-01-2009, 01:10 PM
I agree, I really think we'll beat them, I've watched them several times this year and I'm not sold on them. Now the Saints on the other hand....WOW! They are the real deal!

KRAZYRIDE
12-02-2009, 12:59 AM
Ok Steelers have to win out and Jacksonville needs to loose one

Steelers win 4 Jacksonville and ravens have to lose 2

IF the Steelers loose to the ravens then we dont even deserve to make the playoffs...

But we made a 5-0 run before with a really bandged up team and we won the Superbowl
So it's never to late to turn this ship around but we have to act now and no more Special teams BS and if Ben and Troy stay healthy we definetly have a chance espically with Mendenhall, Wallace, and Holmes shredding. At the end of the day i think it's going to come down to defense and we haven't looked like the Steelers Defense since the Vikings game.

Phenomenal TJ
12-02-2009, 01:36 AM
Completely agree with Harrison92.

Win & we're in.