PDA

View Full Version : 5 losses by a total of 18 points...

Troyisabeast_43
11-30-2009, 03:50 PM
This season for the Steelers that's all it has been. If you do the math that means they have lost all their games this season by an average margin of 3.5 points. They have lost all 4 of their road games in Chicago,Cincy,KC,and Baltimore by 3 points in either OT or the final minutes. And lost to the Bengals at home by 6 points in a battle of FGS.

So you have to ask yourself is what are the Steelers doing in these close games to find ways to lose?? I really believe the difference has been and it might sound like a broken record but the loss of Polamalu in each one of these games stands out like a sore thumb. Each game and each loss especially the road games the Steelers had the lead or were tied late and the secondary mainly guys such as Gay and Carter Troy's replacement continue to give up big play after big play and miss tackles and blow coverages. Im sorry but you will not convince me otherwise that if Troy played in all of these games or even a few of them that he doesnt step up and make a big time play to seal the game or make a big play on defense that ends up being the difference.

Let's face it guys and I made a thread about this last week asking if you wish the Steelers would have kept McFadden and Im starting to look more right with this one. William Gay has been a disaster as a starter this season. He is not the answer for the Steelers longterm in this secondary period. Tomlin and the coaching staff really need to look at giving guys like Lewis and Burnett a chance to play more because they cannot play any worse or anymore ****** then William Gay has thus far this season. The guy cant tackle, he cant cover, he misses assignments a lot, he bites way too much on the deep ball. The bottom line is he stinks and I believe the loss of Troy and the replacement of Carter for Troy and just the mediocre play of the secondary especially Gay is the main reason the Steelers have lost 4 games on the road that have all been decided by 3 points...

LatrobePA
11-30-2009, 03:52 PM
Willie Gay is not good, but who else do they have?

Dean Denton
11-30-2009, 03:58 PM
Last year this team was winning those close games. I think this team is good enough to be 11-0, but not without Troy and Aaron. We still have a shot, but not a good one. If Ben sits out again the Raiders will beat the Steelers bad...

BlitzburghRockCity
11-30-2009, 04:01 PM
Willie Gay is not good, but who else do they have?

Right now Townsend would be the obvious choice for me; he's not perfect but he's a solid vet who know's how to play.

I've never seen a Steelers team blow a lead like we have; under Cowher ( and Im not saying I want Cowher back at all), when we had a lead we kept it. Here we get a lead and then go into reverse.

Troyisabeast_43
11-30-2009, 04:07 PM
Last year this team was winning those close games. I think this team is good enough to be 11-0, but not without Troy and Aaron. We still have a shot, but not a good one. If Ben sits out again the Raiders will beat the Steelers bad...

That's a bit of a stretch to say the Raiders will beat the Steelers "bad" if Ben doesnt play. The way Dixon played last night against the Ravens on the road on National TV in his first career NFL start with a ton of pressure on him against a pretty good defense in the Ravens I feel pretty confident that if Dixon gets the call this Sunday to play against the Raiders at Heinz Field he can and will get the job done. Even if Dixon does play it shouldnt matter. The only way the Raiders will beat the Steelers this Sunday will be much like the Chiefs did is if the Steelers continue to shoot themselves in the foot and give the Raiders opportunities to win the game. On paper this game shouldnt be close and it wont be close unless the Steelers allow it to be...

steelersbabex25
11-30-2009, 04:13 PM
Yep. Last year we were winning all the close games, and this year we're losing them. Playing the way they do had to catch up with them at some point.

Goodfrom55
11-30-2009, 04:17 PM
3 OT losses is a hard pill to swallow, by a total of 9 pts. I fault the defense yesterday, mostly the secondary tof forgetting the fundamentals of tackling - hit, wrap, take down.

Defense was Schematically good, fundamentally horrible.

Sidebar: It's time for Mr. Gay to take a seat. Deshea is older, but IMO, can't do worse than Gay.