PDA

View Full Version : What's up with Farrior?

weidnerr
11-30-2009, 01:04 PM
What is up with our past leading tackler? He is constantly getting beat on pass coverage and he use to always be all around the ball carrier. On the opening TD drive on the 3rd down run he got pushed over like he was S Logan. Granted he got one or part of a sack but come on man. I want the ole Potsie back.

:tt02:

Big T
11-30-2009, 01:20 PM
He's getting old haha. He is still very good but he's lost a step. He had a big part in getting that game into OT though with that sack and FF on third down...though the refs spotted the ball wrong.

SteelCityKid5
11-30-2009, 02:26 PM
Solid player but father time is always undefeated

Goodfrom55
11-30-2009, 04:10 PM
He can keep up with TE's, but not RB's (Brian Leonard and Ray Rice come to mind). On that 4th and 5 play, LT should have drawn the man coverage on Rice. Farrior is still very good, but he is showing his age this year a bit.

BlitzburghRockCity
11-30-2009, 04:15 PM
Farrior will occasionally get beat, it happens, but more often than not he's going to make the play. Last night everybody got beat in pass coverage, it was just pitiful.

Goodfrom55
11-30-2009, 04:19 PM
people are going to catch the ball (except for our secondary), but the secondary forgot how to tackle.

Phenomenal TJ
12-01-2009, 02:58 AM
Did anyone really think that we could man up with Farrior on Ray Rice and win that match up?

NCSteeler
12-01-2009, 03:10 AM
I think it is obvious Timmons needs to be drawing the coverage on their best guy out of the backfield. Love Farrior, but I really see him being a role player next year.

JensK
12-01-2009, 06:26 AM
I think it is obvious Timmons needs to be drawing the coverage on their best guy out of the backfield. Love Farrior, but I really see him being a role player next year.

^this - I'll put my head on the block, if Timmons is in that coverage instead og Farrior that play would not result in a first down

Mike Tomlin
12-01-2009, 07:43 AM
Did anyone really think that we could man up with Farrior on Ray Rice and win that match up?
That's what I was sayin at the snap lol. I mean he's there leading receiver and he's man up on Farrior. Farrior wasn't a guy that could cover when he was younger. He gets beat on an obvious mismatch and now he's lost a step. His role in our D is to hit anything in that box ,the edges and coverage duties are Timmons. I don't know why they left him stranded on that island like that lol. Yep this is about same time last year cats started jumpin ship

Goodfrom55
12-01-2009, 04:15 PM

NO! I was screaming from my couch that LT should have had that assignment.

Live and learn. . .hopefully.

Phenomenal TJ
12-01-2009, 09:58 PM
Gotta agree that Timmons should've had that coverage. Or I dunno..zone it up or something. Just maybe? What do I know though? :rolleyes: