PDA

View Full Version : So MUCH Blame?

J.OTSTOTT
11-30-2009, 10:39 AM
Just a thought but I been thinking has anybody looked back and seen one thing stand out? Nobody blames the D for these L's? We can blame Tomlin but we also should look at Dick as well! :yellowthumb:

I am just saying :stirpot:

franchise3
11-30-2009, 11:29 AM
I think a lot of people are blaming D. Our pass coverage is below average and that is unacceptable for this team. That is a problem. However, it is more frustrating that our offense should be top 5 but it is not anywhere close because of BA. And our special teams suck. Those two problems are bigger but I do agree that parts of our defense are woeful. And when are we going to see Mike Wallace return few? Yesterday was the perfect game since we weren't going to pass a whole lot.

Goodfrom55
11-30-2009, 08:07 PM
Schematically, the defense was fine. problem was they couldn't tackle for sh*t! And of course, William Gay and his 47 yard cushion. Defense didn't execute at the end of the game there was a fundamental breakdown. . .This loss is in no way shape or form on Dixon.

It was the defense and hum drum kick/punt return game.

Ibleedblk&gld
11-30-2009, 08:21 PM
first and foremost, our secondary needs a boot in their asses...i don't know how many times i have to say it, gay gives too much of a cusion..ike gets burned almost every time he's thrown at, and our D needs to learn how to wrap ppl up...simply hitting them isn't getting the job done

BA...not sure i need to beat a dead horse, but he needs to be fired

our ST has got to be the worst in the league...seriously, i don't know how to fix it, but it's sad when your kicker has more tackles in a game, than the rest of your ST unit

whatever this **** is that's going on in the locker room between hines and the rest of the team, needs to be brought out in the open during practice so it can be dealt with, and forgotten about

here are my wishes for the offseason:

Fire BA and get a decent OC

release: ike, gay, batch, starks, colon

pick up: 2 CB's, FS, QB, and a few OL

these are just my WISHES

Goodfrom55
11-30-2009, 08:34 PM
I think the O-Line is doing a pretty good job this year, particularly Starks and KEMO.
Gay isn't ready to assume FT starter status and the secondary needs to spend extra time each practice catching passes. . .It's not a greased pig, it's a football.

Troy does the torpedo thing very well, but they are not Troy.

Ibleedblk&gld
11-30-2009, 09:36 PM
Carter needs to esp. learn how to wrap ppl up...he's not Troy and he sure as he'll can't tackle like Troy...sure our o-line is doing ok this year, but I've wanted starks and colon gone for a while now

steel-tex
11-30-2009, 09:48 PM
yes the d has been subpar of late but hell the offence has been liven off them forever. Our d still ain't bad - we could have the browns d ---- our o needs to step up and help the cause - score more - score more often !!! we are to spoiled - we are used to the d being a piller of concrete - they are not - and they give up some tds - we need to score 3 a game and 1 field goal - we would have won most of our games if they step up. Anyway im not down with the d - im fed up with o - no tds.

Zachintosh66
11-30-2009, 11:36 PM
Kemo is the real deal on the OL... really glad we kept him. Hopefully we can resign Colon. Other than them the rest are living on borrowed time IMO

NCSteeler
12-01-2009, 03:04 AM
first and foremost, our secondary needs a boot in their asses...i don't know how many times i have to say it, gay gives too much of a cusion..ike gets burned almost every time he's thrown at, and our D needs to learn how to wrap ppl up...simply hitting them isn't getting the job done

BA...not sure i need to beat a dead horse, but he needs to be fired

our ST has got to be the worst in the league...seriously, i don't know how to fix it, but it's sad when your kicker has more tackles in a game, than the rest of your ST unit

whatever this **** is that's going on in the locker room between hines and the rest of the team, needs to be brought out in the open during practice so it can be dealt with, and forgotten about

here are my wishes for the offseason:

Fire BA and get a decent OC

release: ike, gay, batch, starks, colon

pick up: 2 CB's, FS, QB, and a few OL

these are just my WISHES

Gay is still learning, he is ONLY a first year starter and maybe no better than a nickel CB. We need to groom some young CBs, but are you stoned. We will not release Ike. He is one of the best CBs in the league.

Ibleedblk&gld
12-01-2009, 06:09 AM
One of the best huh? He showboat w/ that stupid hand to face **** when he has nothing to do w/ the play...and he gets burned a lot...not as mch as gay, but he gets burned a good amount of the time

DanRooney
12-01-2009, 06:13 AM
Ike played a bad game but is usually solid. Gay has always sucked like I've said repeatedly.

JensK
12-01-2009, 06:24 AM
Whoever said he wanted to get rid of Colon must have been smoking a lot of good stuff before he made that statement. Colon is by far our best o-line man atm. Did you see one of our first run plays against ravens? He basically just took two man and pushed them 3-4y back.

NCSteeler
12-01-2009, 09:28 AM
One of the best huh? He showboat w/ that stupid hand to face **** when he has nothing to do w/ the play...and he gets burned a lot...not as mch as gay, but he gets burned a good amount of the time

A gopod amount of the time?? Ike usually shuts down the other teams best WR. I get it the guys no fantasy stud, has hands like cement blocks, but he rarely gets Burned. Real shame is he almost never misses time, so it's hard to see how we would be without him.

jpele
12-01-2009, 10:28 AM
There's no one to blame:

I tip my hat to the other team ,they made the plays and we didn't.

This is not who we are and it's not who we'll be.

We will unleash hell in Dec.

I will right this ship.

Big week for us, weíre looking for an opportunity to rebound from a sub-par performance.

We donít want to make this a habit, but it appears to be for the second week. We are unable to make significant plays at the end of the football game to secure a victory.

They played a very good football game. They fought until the very end. They didnít blink, and they found a way to win it.

Ibleedblk&gld
12-01-2009, 10:31 AM
can't wait for sunday...

UKSTEELER
12-01-2009, 10:38 AM
lets take a look . . . . at who we have on defense!

Performances UP, LEVEL or DOWN on last season

LE Kirscke/Eason/Hood - Okay . . .ish if unspectacular in relief of Smith, a downgrade at the position, inevitable with Smity's loss. DOWN

NT Casey - Playing above last seasons level, because it's contract up time, but on the downside of his career. UP

RE Diesel - Arguably our best player on defense this season. UP

LOLB - The Wood, not at the races first 8 weeks, and since, although picking up a little, is still playing well below the standards he set himself last post-season. Biggest disappointment for me. DOWN

ROLB - DeBo, simmering below the standards of last season. DOWN

ILB - Timmo, not stout enough at the point of attack, works best in space, still feel he's a square peg round hole type of guy. Yet to reach expectation levels, injury hasn't helped, that body needs to be outside. DOWN

ILB - Farrior, weaker, older, slower, . . didn't expect much, not done much. DOWN

CB - Ike, same old Ike, one minute looks great, next looks weakassed. Playing at or below last seasons standards, needs an interception badly!! DOWN

CB - G@y, although showing promise last season, he has failed miserably in the coverage department and his play will continue to fall away, he is constantly having to make tackles, because his coverage isn't up to scratch, not panning out as one would have hoped. DOWN

SS - Carter, as expected a poor imitation of Troy. Carter LEVEL - Position DOWN

FS - Clarke, quickly becoming just a head hunter and not a lot else. DOWN

Not too rosy huh!:thinking:

LatrobePA
12-01-2009, 10:51 AM
My suck list from Sunday night:

Gay, Taylor, Clark, Townsend, Farrior, Kirshke (Eason is better imo), OC in OT, Logan (run away from would be tacklers), Parker, the whole ST's unit.

jpele
12-01-2009, 11:12 AM
My suck list from Sunday night:

Gay, Taylor, Clark, Townsend, Farrior, Kirshke (Eason is better imo), OC in OT, Logan (run away from would be tacklers), Parker, the whole ST's unit.

I'd mention Logan because I thought he was a training camp wonder and little else,but most here like the guy .:dunno:

http://www.steeleraddicts.com/forum/showthread.php?t=22638

DanRooney
12-01-2009, 12:37 PM
Harrison's play is never down. He's a monster. He's making up for the downplay of Farrior, Woodley and the secondary from last year.

JensK
12-01-2009, 12:39 PM
Harrison's play is never down. He's a monster. He's making up for the downplay of Farrior, Woodley and the secondary from last year.

Furthermore, Harrison is way on his way to have as many sacks this year as last year.

Zachintosh66
12-01-2009, 12:52 PM
Harrison and Woodley had record breaking year last season (sacks wise as a duo). So chances are that they wouldnt be able to do it again... IMO this grade is curved

When Timmons has been healthy his stock rises each and evey play on the field

Also would argue Hampton is LEVEL... we still are #1 in run D.

Aaron Smith and Troy being hurt is 2 probowlers gone out of our D. Timmons has missed sometime too. Injuries have been killer all year, we even had to start a guy on the DL who a lot of us had being cut at camp.

Ike is above ave but Gay is terrible and Townsend isnt getting any younger. Why did we draft 2 CB if neither can play CB?

pdawg86
12-01-2009, 01:27 PM
The bottom line we have no playmakers in the secondary other than Troy, Ty Carter has made some plays. Ike got beat on that pass play before halftime did not find the ball and mason touchdown. Tackling has been the issue and they gotta wrap up better I know I am not the only one saying this. Last year we had a lead in the fourth game over it is still not too late never count out the black and gold gang.