PDA

View Full Version : Game 11 thoughts!!

jtretz
11-30-2009, 01:15 AM
We blew yet another game with absolutely horrible coaching!

There are some people saying that Tomlin is not the problem but they are wrong!!! Our Offensive play calling is f***ing brutal. Our special teams is f***ing brutal. Toimlin never holds the coaches accountable for thier f*** ups!!!

We should of rolled Dixon out of the pocket alot. If there was nothing there have him take off. We did it once and it worked so we don't f***ing try it again the whole game plus overtime. Are you kidding me!!

Thank god for penalties on the returns for the Ravens because we can't seem to stop any return. Period!!! This has been our special teams so far this year. Given up many returns, can't make clutch field goals and Sepulveda is brutal!

Bottom line Arians is the worst offensive play caller I have ever seen since I've been watching football,(1965) and we need a new special teams coach. If Tomlin doesn't have the balls to hold his coaches accountable then we need a new head coach too.

We are 6 and 5 and really should not of lost once!!!!

Some people out there are saying calm down we did a great job with a 3rd string quarterback vs. the Ravens but we should of won!!!!!!!!!!!!!:cursin::cursin::cursin:

Scorp
11-30-2009, 01:25 AM
Something needs to seriously take place with the coaching staff. This sh-it is absolutely unacceptable.

scott0326
11-30-2009, 01:41 AM
Not that it mattered THAT much in this game, but William Gay needs to learn how to cover.

KSSteelerfan
11-30-2009, 01:45 AM
William Gay needs to learn how to tackle.....good grief!!:banging:

scott0326
11-30-2009, 01:49 AM
William Gay needs to learn how to tackle.....good grief!!:banging:

Needs to learn how to do a lot of things, he's absolutely HORRIBLE. Letting McFadden go has really hurt...

KSSteelerfan
11-30-2009, 01:51 AM
Needs to learn how to do a lot of things, he's absolutely HORRIBLE. Letting McFadden go has really hurt...

Totally agree with you on this.....William Gay needs to be benched.

scott0326
11-30-2009, 01:52 AM
Totally agree with you on this.....William Gay needs to be benched.

100% Agree, I don't care who starts instead of him, I don't think they can possibly be as bad as Gay.

steelersbabex25
11-30-2009, 06:33 AM
I agree with every post saying that Gay should be benched..he blew coverage 90% of the time..never really saw him covering a reciever. Or covering a reciever well at least.

That being said, I think that if we had Ben we would have won this game with almost no problems. Dixon was getting antsy in the pocket and missing a lot of open recievers that Ben would have hit for sure. He did okay for meeting Ray Lewis and Ed Reed etc in his first NFL start ever, but he's definitely no Ben Roethlisberger.

darnik44
11-30-2009, 08:58 AM
Last night the poorly coached Pittsburgh Steelers moved to 6-5 on the season in a 20-17 overtime defeat to the Baltimore Ravens. The Steelers were without the services of franchise quarterback Ben Roethlisberger. In Roethlisbergers place was second year quarterback Dennis Dixon whom was making his first career NFL start. In an attempt to "trick" the Ravens, the Steelers only called one designed run play with Dixon despite his reputation for being a guy who can get the job done with his legs. Only one run with Dixon? That must mean the Steelers relied heavily in second year running back Rashard Mendenhall. Wrong, he carried the ball a total of 22 times. So what was the game plan? That plan was to run as few offensive plays as possible and somehow out-score the Ravens even though the defense has been struggling. You do have to give Mike Tomlin credit, he does love a good nail-biter. In an attemp to give the opponent a fair chance, (because you know the Steelers are the defending Super Bowl Champs) he chooses to start an undersized back-up caliber cornerback in Willie Gay. This ensures the opponent will have ample opportunity to move the ball and gives them plenty of chances to score. Offensive coordinator Bruce Arians like Tomlin also does a nice job of giving the opponent a fair chance. Despite have a second year quarterback in the game, Arians made sure to mix in some empty backfield sets, just incase the defense thought there was a chance the Steelers might run. Arians also must have decided it wouldn't be fair to continue running the ball on first down because for the most part it worked all game long and set the Steelers up with a completely unfair 2nd and 5.

coldrolled
11-30-2009, 09:03 AM
We blew yet another game with absolutely horrible coaching!

There are some people saying that Tomlin is not the problem but they are wrong!!! Our Offensive play calling is f***ing brutal. Our special teams is f***ing brutal. Toimlin never holds the coaches accountable for thier f*** ups!!!

We should of rolled Dixon out of the pocket alot. If there was nothing there have him take off. We did it once and it worked so we don't f***ing try it again the whole game plus overtime. Are you kidding me!!

Thank god for penalties on the returns for the Ravens because we can't seem to stop any return. Period!!! This has been our special teams so far this year. Given up many returns, can't make clutch field goals and Sepulveda is brutal!

Bottom line Arians is the worst offensive play caller I have ever seen since I've been watching football,(1965) and we need a new special teams coach. If Tomlin doesn't have the balls to hold his coaches accountable then we need a new head coach too.

We are 6 and 5 and really should not of lost once!!!!

Some people out there are saying calm down we did a great job with a 3rd string quarterback vs. the Ravens but we should of won!!!!!!!!!!!!!:cursin::cursin::cursin:

Maybe the Gazette, Trib or Beaver County news papers should hammer arians a bit. they are as quite as everyone else in steel town about this Arians crap. Its like some kind of Area 51 deal with this silence about our crappy coaching.

Fire Arians Now! One more drive or three more first downs in the 4th and we win the game and the defense isnt out of breath. we keep blaming the defense but they need a break too. three and outs will kill us all the time. our defense isnt that young anymore.

LatrobePA
11-30-2009, 09:11 AM
Play calling was decent early but once OT hit it went down the pipe. Take a chance let Dixon run with the ball for a first down on his INT down. Their D was begging to be burnt again by rushing up the gut with 8.

Our D is going downhill quickly, it's got a soft spot and we all know where that is (not LBR's)...

coldrolled
11-30-2009, 09:14 AM
Play calling was decent early but once OT hit it went down the pipe. Take a chance let Dixon run with the ball for a first down on his INT down. Their D was begging to be burnt again by rushing up the gut with 8.

Our D is going downhill quickly, it's got a soft spot and we all know where that is (not LBR's)...

3 and outs kill our older guys...

we need an offense.

darnik44
11-30-2009, 09:16 AM
The Bengals have trouble stopping the run. The Steelers historically run the ball well against the Bengals...let's abandon the run and throw it. Hell, let's come out in empty back sets and just tell the defense there's no threat of the run. This will trick them.

Dennis Dixon is making his first start. He's know as a running QB. Let's trick the Ravens and only run Dixon once, that will work. Wrong. 2nd and 5 in O.T., driving for the win. Let's go deep because sooner or later Dixon will connect. Wrong.

Times running out, the other team is in position for the game winning field goal. Let's end the game with no time on the clock and two timeouts left. I forget which game this was, Bears?

Let's punt when we should go for it, go for it when we should punt. Let's run when we should pass, and then pass when we should run. That will trick the defense.

Let's not try another option at CB, Willie Gay's play is so consistant. There's no way any CB on the roster could give up as many big plays. Consistancy is something Tomlin likes.

Special teams is a problem, let's cut Arnold Harrison (a quality back-up OLB) because that will fix the problem. We wouldn't want to hold the coach accountable.

Fire Tomlin.

jpele
11-30-2009, 09:35 AM
Fire Arians Now! One more drive or three more first downs in the 4th and we win the game and the defense isnt out of breath. we keep blaming the defense but they need a break too. three and outs will kill us all the time. our defense isnt that young anymore.

I have no idea why you keep defending the defense i agree with everyone that Arians must go,but our D sucks, we held the ball for 35:56 how is our D out of breath ? Did Bruce giveup 4th and 5 did he give them 3rd ans 22. Sorry that was the #1 defense that gave up those plays.

Last week they gave up TWO long scoring drives to the # 28 offense in the league after our offense held the ball for 44:07

LatrobePA
11-30-2009, 09:39 AM
I agree our D sucks except our LBR's....Woodley, Harrison, Timmons looked good, the other 8 SUCK!

Could this be the last year for DL? Will Tomlin clean house and start fresh for 2010??

coldrolled
11-30-2009, 10:31 AM
I have no idea why you keep defending the defense i agree with everyone that Arians must go,but our D sucks, we held the ball for 35:56 how is our D out of breath ? Did Bruce giveup 4th and 5 did he give them 3rd ans 22. Sorry that was the #1 defense that gave up those plays.

Last week they gave up TWO long scoring drives to the # 28 offense in the league after our offense held the ball for 44:07

in my brain which may not be a power house. i just feel if you cant score 24+ points a game your not going to win many games no matter what the D does. this is the NFL. All teams can score even the Browns stayed with us.

Look at Indy, Pats, NO they score enough to let there crappy defenses stay in the game.

i look at things from that avenue. Our offense should score at will. i believe they are held down by an idiot.

yes. the defense is softer than last year. they had to be we were #1
and now looks confused without Troy in there.. amazing the one man can make such a difference.

JensK
11-30-2009, 12:43 PM
Actually they called two running play with him, one of them just got called back. Also, i don't know what game you were watching, but Ike Taylor had a worse game than Gay had. He got burned by Mason on pretty much all plays, and there should have been at least 2 more PI on Taylor... Not saying that Gay had a great game, but all of our Secondary sucked *** today

playboy pryor
11-30-2009, 02:47 PM
the play calling really hurt us last night and i really do believe a change is coming in the offseaon. why are the fans calling for Charlie Weis? i don't think he's the answer. our O.C. needs include the run more.( like we don't that!) and use more quick passes tight ends & running backs. we're loaded with too much talent on offense to lose to Bears, the Bungles, and Chiefs. We have to win all 5 for sure now!! starting with the Raiders, we need to start seeing this potent no huddle offense ASAP!!

jpele
11-30-2009, 03:01 PM
My game thoughts:

Despite having Arians as OC , Kemo out, Ben out and Dixon starting his first game. Our offense put up 17 points on the # 5 defense. The Ravens pretty much threw everything they had at Dixon and he held his own and looked good doing it.

I give props to our O'line ,yea they had a couple flags against them ,but overall they did a good job.

We all know that no matter what happens the rest of the way, Ariens isn't leaving,he has the injury crutch to prop himself up with.

Goodfrom55
11-30-2009, 08:37 PM
Call me crazy, but Ben will never "Allow" BA to be fired.

steel-tex
11-30-2009, 09:05 PM
B.A. wont be let go - he is Tomlins boy - Tomlin wont be let go - he is the Roonies boy so we all sit here and bitch about the direction the team is going - and there aint a dam thing we can do about it. but bitch. what is funny most of us see and agree on what is going on with the steelers - the coaches dont - or they would do something different. so until someone in the organization steps up - we will be 8 and 8 just like 06.

jcloss23
11-30-2009, 09:28 PM
run run pass punt; run run pass punt; run run pass punt; sound a little like out forth quarter?!?!?!?

Phenomenal TJ
12-01-2009, 03:02 AM
This is going to be long and I'll give explanations on them if anyone wants them, until you ask though, I'm going to give some bullet points.

-Dixon impressed me.
-Dixon's release is low. Too low.
-Arians needs to roll his QB out more.
-Arians needs to take advantage of the fact that the Ravens were respecting Mendenhall like no other and toss some more play action in there.
-Hines Ward needs to not call out his QB; The locker room is the single most important intangible this team has.
-If Mendenhall spins one more time, I'm driving to Pittsburgh and showing him how to juke/stiff arm.
-Clark, Taylor, Townsend need to catch the ball when it hits their hands.
-Secondary needs to tackle better.
-LeBeau can't man Farrior up on another running back.
-Timmons is a monster and extremely fast for the MLB position.

Zachintosh66
12-01-2009, 11:38 AM
I think this board has set a record regarding seperate threads for one game... :lol: