PDA

View Full Version : Do the coaches finally have confidence in Mendenhall?

BlitzburghRockCity
11-30-2009, 12:23 AM
Don't look now but Mendy was in the game in overtime, that's right it wasn't just Moore this time, they actually let Mendenhall run the ball. Now granted they pulled him out just before half time, just they always do because they don't think he can finish off a half, but then something clicked and he was in there at the end. He made some nice plays today, and maybe if they actually stick with him we'll have a balanced offense.

PsychoWard
11-30-2009, 12:35 AM
right! and he had some nice catches with some yac!!! I love Ben but I don't understand why it takes for him to get hurt for us to start throwing out of the back field!! remember when leftwitch came in he threw it to Moore all the time!!! To be more balanced we need to throw more to our backs!

Zachintosh66
11-30-2009, 12:35 AM
I hope so... I tell you what tho, Im tired of seeing Mendy on the sideline and Parker in the game at any point... unless Mendy needs a breather!

HUNT4SEVEN
11-30-2009, 12:58 AM
Hey Dennis didn't get sacked either an he threw the ball away.............he is definetly our QB of the future:yesnod: Zach i don't know why they waste there time putting Willie in either Moore should sub when Mendy needs an breather imo.

scott0326
11-30-2009, 01:50 AM
Hey Dennis didn't get sacked either an he threw the ball away.............he is definetly our QB of the future:yesnod:

Seriously? Um, no.

BlitzburghRockCity
11-30-2009, 08:55 AM
Nobody is going to crown Dixon our QB of the future; Ben's future is here and he'll be the guy. Dixon had a decent game, better than probably most fans thought he would but lets stay grounded here people..LOL.

As far as Mendenhall goes, Parker usually comes in on the 3rd series of each half to spell Mendy, atleast that's how it's going recently but with the game on the line it's time to start trusting your 1st round pick to bring it home.

JensK
11-30-2009, 12:39 PM
No they do not trust him. They ran him like 23 times in 4 quaters with a "rookie" QB, and with Mendenhall running all over them.

Goodfrom55
11-30-2009, 09:44 PM
Ben is the QB of the future, or for at least the next 6-8 seasons. Dixon will have moved on by then. This guy displayed what he is capable of without many reps. he could be a very dangerous QB and by no means is a backup for life. He will play somewhere.

BlacknGold Bleeder
11-30-2009, 09:50 PM
THey showed a little more faith in him yesterday but I don't think they think of him as a number one back. If they did he would have been carrying it more yesterday. We dam near pulled off a big win with our 3rd string QB.

ShellShock
11-30-2009, 11:10 PM
I say more that Willie, he looks slow.

Goodfrom55
11-30-2009, 11:26 PM
Don't look now but Mendy was in the game in overtime, that's right it wasn't just Moore this time, they actually let Mendenhall run the ball. Now granted they pulled him out just before half time, just they always do because they don't think he can finish off a half, but then something clicked and he was in there at the end. He made some nice plays today, and maybe if they actually stick with him we'll have a balanced offense.

He's certainly a better blocker than Willie and does well as a check down. Mendy makes people miss and with him in the game, there is always a threat of a run or a pass. Moore is very good, but defenses don't fear him. I suppose they don't fear Mendy either, but with each passing game, he is earning respect of his teammates and opponents alike.

As long as he holds on to the football, he is a threat to be a game changer.

Phenomenal TJ
12-01-2009, 03:04 AM
Maybe they just had more faith in him than the glass man Willie Parker and a first time starting QB?