PDA

View Full Version : Run,Run, Pass....Run,Run,Pass

PsychoWard
11-29-2009, 11:54 PM
I mean come on I don't care if Dennis, Ben or Kordell is in there if you run the same play call every single time my local middle school football team can figure that out!!!!

Keep you head up Dixon i think you played a good game and Bruce Arians needs to die!

BlitzburghRockCity
11-29-2009, 11:59 PM
Watching Arians go long on first down time and time again, just makes me want to scream! How in God's name can you continually do that because you know the chances of it working are slim to none and you put your offense in a bad position when you don't make it.

Then to make things worse you pull that same stunt in OT and if it weren't for the defense stepping up and a good punt by Sep we could have blown it right there. For the love of God how much more evidence do you need; stop taking big risks with a young QB, let alone with Ben.

HUNT4SEVEN
11-30-2009, 12:06 AM
It was a horrible game plan, but this has been our story all year we continue to shoot ourselves in the foot week in an week out, I did like what i saw outta of Dennis tonight, an i thought we was gonna be screwed with him back there but our Defense an So called special teams screwed us again!

LatrobePA
11-30-2009, 12:06 AM
Should of ran Dixon on his INT down!

Big T
11-30-2009, 12:08 AM
Movin up he draft boards...this makes me sick.

Forged in Steel
11-30-2009, 12:10 AM
Movin up he draft boards...this makes me sick.

Maybe we can get some good offensive line people...

Zachintosh66
11-30-2009, 12:11 AM
Thats what Madden suggested during last nights "pre-game" version on Playstation...

PsychoWard
11-30-2009, 12:14 AM
Thats what Madden suggested during last nights "pre-game" version on Playstation...

Yea our play call reminded me of BR7's Sig!!!!

BlitzburghRockCity
11-30-2009, 12:15 AM
I get the whole thing of not putting too much on Dixon early, let him get his feet wet, see how it goes :blah: I really get that, but then you cut him lose and let him start throwing all over the place when you know the game needs to stay close. Then to make it worse you have the chance to run out the clock and go into OT but you decide to throw it 3 times and we nearly blow it right there. Clearly they had no clue that letting Dixon get outside more was a good thing; instead they'd rather limit his designed roll outs but wonder of all wonders we scored when they actually used it!

SteelCurtainYinzer
11-30-2009, 12:17 AM
hey guess what everybody...charlie weis is going to be available next this week, perhaps we can pick him up and dump bruce.....if that doesn't happen, well perhaps we can play a game next sunday online......predict the play....RB run or QB run or how about....long pass down field on 2nd freaking down......or air it out after successful conversion of three runs and a first down with over 2 minutes left to go in the game......he did this in Cincinnati, Chicago earlier this year......our stretch of injuries wouldn't be so hard to swallow if it wasn't for the poor special teams last week and against cincinnati and the game management against chicago and cincy....hell we might be 10 and 1 or worse 9 and 2....butthat is not the case.....oh well hello 2010...I am getting excited!

PsychoWard
11-30-2009, 12:21 AM
I get the whole thing of not putting too much on Dixon early, let him get his feet wet, see how it goes :blah: I really get that, but then you cut him lose and let him start throwing all over the place when you know the game needs to stay close. Then to make it worse you have the chance to run out the clock and go into OT but you decide to throw it 3 times and we nearly blow it right there. Clearly they had no clue that letting Dixon get outside more was a good thing; instead they'd rather limit his designed roll outs but wonder of all wonders we scored when they actually used it!

I agree here i am screaming at my TV "let him throw the ball" There comes a time that not only do you as a coach have to have confidence in your back up you also have to let him know that you believe in him! Because lets face it know one really knows how long Ben will be out and if he does come back soon and goes down again Dixon is the man now!

$teelersRule
11-30-2009, 12:35 AM
i really think it is time that Arians is fired, i mean the playcalling really cant be any worse than it has been since he has been around. He has a QB who can run like a 4.4 and he rolls him out ONCE and the outcome is a 30 yard TD run but we cant try that again b/c they would expect that (is he ****ing crazy?). Instead we run Mendenhall into 9 man fronts not to mention Ngata the best DT in the league on first and second down every single series of the game! He SUCKS at calling plays!!! the last drive he didnt even have his clip board with him he just said run it no matter what they are doing. Dont even get me started on last week how he continuously had Ben taking 7 step drops when the defense was completely selling out on the pass. i mean have you ever heard of a screen pass or a draw? Or how as soon as Batch comes in he empties the backfield with a QB that hasnt played a down in a year and a half. I have seen high school games that were coached better! If he is still around at the end of the year I think its time to consider firing Tomlin, he is obviously too much of a Pussy to fire anyone, it is a joke that the special teams coach is still allowed in the building so dont expect this to get fixed any time soon

SteelCityKid5
11-30-2009, 12:36 AM
Biggest CONSERVATIVE play calling I have seen in my life. You bring up that game plan with a 6-4 football team? Dixon played awesome for a 3rd string QB. So did the defense. The play calling was absurd. Seriously, write it down that I HATE ARIANS.

Zachintosh66
11-30-2009, 12:36 AM
Yea our play call reminded me of BR7's Sig!!!!

I dont remember... BR7 where are you?

PsychoWard
11-30-2009, 12:40 AM
I dont remember... BR7 where are you?

http://i162.photobucket.com/albums/t279/BR-7/BA_2b.png

Moondog
11-30-2009, 12:50 AM
I think the defense lost this game. Third and 22, they surrender 17, and then the fourth and 5. The Steelers had their chance to seal the deal there but they didn't. The first half had some bad secondary breakdowns too. Dennis Dixon did all that could be expected. I would have liked to seen some more roll outs and designed runs for DD, but oh well. They took the Ravens to OT with their 3rd string QB in, without Kemo, A.Smith, and Troy Polamalu...what the hell....they can't win them all.

Zachintosh66
11-30-2009, 12:55 AM
YES! :lol:

BR7
11-30-2009, 01:07 AM
Dixon performed about what I expected, minus the pick late to decide the game. I thought he'd have one early. I agree.. run run pass punt doesn't get it done nor does pass deep, run run punt. I was expecting more roll out with run/pass option. But if it works twice, true to BA's planning, you won't see it again.

Scorp
11-30-2009, 01:21 AM
I mean come on I don't care if Dennis, Ben or Kordell is in there if you run the same play call every single time my local middle school football team can figure that out!!!!

Keep you head up Dixon i think you played a good game and Bruce Arians needs to die!

We all need to get together and kick this guy in the nuts until he falls into a coma. :cope:

LarryNJ
11-30-2009, 06:39 AM
I think the defense lost this game. Third and 22, they surrender 17, and then the fourth and 5. The Steelers had their chance to seal the deal there but they didn't. The first half had some bad secondary breakdowns too. Dennis Dixon did all that could be expected.

I agree... everyone loves to bash BA..but if your 3rd string QB led offense scores 17 points...and doesn't give up any points on to's you should win the game. Especially against a sorry O like the Ravens.

That being said, BA sucks and needs to go.

steel-tex
11-30-2009, 07:54 AM
B.A. showed his **** today - he should realize what is working during the game and keep after it -what was he waiten for ?? let D.D. run the thing keep the d off balance some. he sucks no imagination - repetative - well i feel like a tape recorder - i have said this over and over and over - not steeler material

franchise3
11-30-2009, 08:00 AM
Still Mill on BA

OC: Arians will get a pass from the entire free world due to Dixon pressed into service. I won’t be so kind or foolish.

The running game was working well in the 1Q, especially on 1D. But there was never a PAP to follow up that success, UNTIL the 2Q. The 1st PAP ?? 18 yards to Ward.

There were 2 wasted timeouts in the same 2Q drive due to foolish confusion and excessive time to get the play in.

With a QB who is enormously fast AND quick, with tremendous athleticism, it took Arians, the dumfuk “genius” that he is, over 53 minutes to call a DESIGNED running play for Dixon (aside from a QB sneak, of course). All that play gained was a 24-yard TOUCHDOWN. The ONLY rollout in the game? A TOUCHDOWN strike to Holmes. Armed with a super-athletic QB, Arians managed to make the guy more immobile than Curt Warner. Unbelievable, but certainly not surprising. Only Bruce Arians could take a young QB whose best strength right now, at the NFL level, is getting out of the pocket and on the MOVE, and instead having him play a pocket-QB like Dan Fouts. Remember, the Ravens defense had no experience this year dealing with a quarterback who could also run, having faced Croyle, Rivers, Derek Anderson, Brady, Palmer, Favre, Orton and Quinn. Nearly every one of these QBs couldn’t run the forty in less than 5.1 seconds. At Oregon, Dixon set a school record with 1,208 rushing yards, with 199 rushing attempts the two years he started at Oregon and nine rushing touchdowns in his senior season. Yet again, the idiot OC called ONE rollout the entire evening and ONE designed run, with each play scoring a TD. Otherwise, Dixon never once waggled, booted, rolled, or ran a designed QB draw or keeper. That’s called being a stubborn, stupid, ignoramus of the highest proportions, and the culprit was none other than Bruce Arians.

The Ravens sold out and run blitzed to stuff the run. Pop passes to the TE?? None. End arounds? None. Reverses? None. Reverse bootlegs? None. Rollouts? One, as noted, which resulted in a TD. It was a typical brainless, vanilla, dumfuk game plan by 1 of the very worst OCs in the entire NFL. D-

DIESELMAN
11-30-2009, 09:27 AM
I am really hoping and praying that Tomlin has already had a talk with BA and put his dumbass on notice. There is no way Tomlin can stand on the sideline and watch our offense and not be getting pissed off by what he sees. If we as fans (without any "professional experience") can see the potential of our offense even with a 3rd string QB, and can see that BA is turning our offense and team into a cluster ****, why can't Tomlin? I'm tired of watching our guys play while chewing on glass. :evilshake: :banging:

playboy pryor
11-30-2009, 01:15 PM
It made nosense to have Dixon sitting in the pocket last nite. they should had him rolling out the pocket to make some pass plays and used the wildcat formation too. B.A needs have more plays for Big Ben to rollout too! Big Ben and Dixon are to mobile to sit in the pocket. it's making my head hurt!!!!:rant2:

coldrolled
11-30-2009, 02:00 PM
It made nosense to have Dixon sitting in the pocket last nite. they should had him rolling out the pocket to make some pass plays and used the wildcat formation too. B.A needs have more plays for Big Ben to rollout too! Big Ben and Dixon are to mobile to sit in the pocket. it's making my head hurt!!!!:rant2:

it is bizarre......

what are the odds he is the OC next year?

90%
80%

i bet hes back to bring us more fun next year too.

Can BA beat oakland this week?

i say let dixon play the game and get some more time in as we will need a good backup next year, he needs the reps. Ben is still fuzzy...

its almost like ben had a concussion for three weeks already the way he play cinci and the chiefs missing lots of easy passes. maybe he got hit in practice a few weeks back and was already fuzzy....

Zachintosh66
11-30-2009, 02:07 PM
For the last time... BA will not run the wildcat! He has even stated this before.

JensK
11-30-2009, 02:30 PM
For the last time... BA will not run the wildcat! He has even stated this before.

You have to adapt in this league, and when you have a guy like Dixon running the show, you have to use his strenghs, not Bens

BlitzburghRockCity
11-30-2009, 03:59 PM
Merged http://www.steeleraddicts.com/forum/showthread.php?t=22969

in with this thread since they are both about playcalling in the game.

SteelerRush
11-30-2009, 08:05 PM
Dixon is known for running out of the shotgun formation so why not give him a chance with a tired defense in OT and if he doesn't make it, we pin Baltimore back inside the ten yard line. Instead BA risks another pass and we lose. Because our defense will not stop anyone if they start a drive inside our 50yd line. We are a Bend but Don't break defense our offense puts them in bad situations to defend in the fourth quarter or overtime.

NCSteeler
12-01-2009, 03:14 AM
I hate to parrot John Gruden, but the more I watched NO tonight, the more mundane, pedestrian, average, unthinking, unimaginative, just down right stupid I thought BAs offense is. My son knows what play BA will dial up and it seems very few teams have any idea what PAyton will call. Their WRs are not better than ours, their RBs are not better than ours, their QB is not better than ours, yet they look all world, when the D can't diagnose the play till it happens.