PDA

View Full Version : Once again, we can't finish the game..what else is new

BlitzburghRockCity
11-29-2009, 11:46 PM
There are no moral victories, I don't care how good some people did or didn't play, whether Ben was in or not, we had the lead with a few minutes to go and blew it AGAIN. OT or not, doesn't matter, this team just cannot ever finish off a game and now we're in some big time trouble.

If there was a game that we could not afford to lose, it was this one. We had a prime shot to get a win here, with all the other AFC teams losing, and we find a way to screw it up. Once again the Steelers underachieve and we come up short for the 3rd week in a row.

BlitzburghRockCity
11-29-2009, 11:50 PM
I'm sorry but there is no excuse for this team to have lost this game. You go up by 3 and have the Ravens dead to rights and you can't stop them because you give up a big pass interference play. I have no sympathy at all, period...they blew it. They should have stepped up and finished off the game knowing that Dixon was starting to fade out in the 2nd half.

LarryNJ
11-29-2009, 11:51 PM
So true so true...goodnight all

TheButt
11-29-2009, 11:52 PM
Our D gave up over 400 yards... Thats why we lost... they pounded us. They were stronger, faster and flat out tougher. And hurts to say it.

Pretty sure our season is over, this team will give up. They have shown nothing all year long to think otherwise. Goodnight.

Zachintosh66
11-29-2009, 11:52 PM
no more killer instinct... Hines face said it all before it even went to OT.

I feel for Dixon, had a decent first game until the end.

Black@Gold Forever32
11-29-2009, 11:55 PM
I don't blame this loss on Dixon at all....I thought the kid played despite his defense failing him for the most part when he needed the defense to hold....Plus BA put him into to many 3rd and long situations....Not smart when you have an inexperienced QB starting.......BA and the defense are the goats for this loss......

Forged in Steel
11-29-2009, 11:55 PM
I'm getting tired of this f***ing bulls*** every week! The special teams suck, Arians sucks, they even got lucky at times but nope...

HUNT4SEVEN
11-29-2009, 11:57 PM
@$$ hole Arians has to go, i wish Tomlin would fire his *** tonight,DD looked good for his first start.......if we had better play calling we could've won this game.........

Black@Gold Forever32
11-30-2009, 12:00 AM
Yea I forgot to mention the special teams sucked yet again as somebody already touched on......When you have a young QB making his first career the rest of the team has to step up and pick up the slack.....Well that didn't happen with the defense and the special teams.....I know the defense made some huge plays all night but they had some break downs at the wrong time.....Ray Rice catch and huge gain on 4th down was the play of the game.....

BlitzburghRockCity
11-30-2009, 12:00 AM
I don't blame this loss on Dixon at all....I thought the kid played despite his defense failing him for the most part when he needed the defense to hold....Plus BA put him into to many 3rd and long situations....Not smart when you have an inexperienced QB starting.......BA and the defense are the goats for this loss......

You got that right man, first he starts out with run run pass for the first quarter and half and then he starts throwing it everywhere and we go 3 and out the rest of the game till the 4th quarter. Can somebody tell me where this teams head is????

LatrobePA
11-30-2009, 12:01 AM
Tonights game makes SICK AS HELL!! This one is on the D, should of never went to OT!

Is it possible to lose just one game, NO! It's a 09 thing, drop 3 in a row, what a JOKE!

floodcitygirl
11-30-2009, 12:03 AM
They beat our third string QB and without our star defensive player. It's my story and living where I do, I'm sticking to it. :evilshake:

Forged in Steel
11-30-2009, 12:07 AM
Can somebody tell me where this teams head is????

Up Arians' *******...

franchise3
11-30-2009, 07:41 AM
no more killer instinct... Hines face said it all before it even went to OT.

I feel for Dixon, had a decent first game until the end.

Why should Hines have a game face when BA doesn't believe in using him in the offense.

jpele
11-30-2009, 08:22 AM
Again everyone blames Arians. Mike Tomlin is the one that needs firing.

Our special teams suck not because of talent because of coaching,(Check Ligashesky history) What does Tomlin do to correct the problems,he fires players and replaces them with has beens that no one else wanted.

Arians can be brilliant for several plays, when he finds something that works (last nights scoring drives) he puts them on the shelf and moves on to try other less useful plays. Tomlin hired Bruce,what does he do to fix the offensive problems ? He doesn't see a problem .

Dick LeBeau,sorry Dick hopefully you get to the HOF,but your defense sucks.Your game plan is fantastic you just don't have the players to run it. Does Tomlin do anything to fix the d, well hell no Dick is a legend and we're ranked # 1. Forget the fact that we gave up 4th and 5 or 3rd and 22 or that this is the 4th or 5th game we've blown 4th quarter leads.

Mike Tomlin is the Head Coach everything lands on his shoulders,if you don't correct your mistakes you're not doing your job.

One more thing,after last nights interview with Ward,it's seem that Tomlin has lost the locker room also.

coldrolled
11-30-2009, 08:35 AM

Our special teams suck not because of talent because of coaching,(Check Ligashesky history) What does Tomlin do to correct the problems,he fires players and replaces them with has beens that no one else wanted.

Arians can be brilliant for several plays, when he finds something that works (last nights scoring drives) he puts them on the shelf and moves on to try other less useful plays. Tomlin hired Bruce,what does he do to fix the offensive problems ? He doesn't see a problem .

Dick LeBeau,sorry Dick hopefully you get to the HOF,but your defense sucks.Your game plan is fantastic you just don't have the players to run it. Does Tomlin do anything to fix the d, well hell no Dick is a legend and we're ranked # 1. Forget the fact that we gave up 4th and 5 or 3rd and 22 or that this is the 4th or 5th game we've blown 4th quarter leads.

Mike Tomlin is the Head Coach everything lands on his shoulders,if you don't correct your mistakes you're not doing your job.

One more thing,after last nights interview with Ward,it's seem that Tomlin has lost the locker room also.

Bruce Arians is a loser from the Browns.

We look like a Browns team now on offense.

We were like this last year too. Only Ben fixed all of the weaknesses from Bruce and won the games for bruce.

we won games by a few points around 8 times last year.

now we are losing them. its still Bruce.

LarryNJ
11-30-2009, 09:27 AM

The only part of your entire post agree with is everything lands on the HC shoulders. That is true but that certainly doesn't mean he should be fired.

Hines Ward should just STFU. The doctors reccomended on Saturday that Ben shouldn't play. They didn't say he couldn't play but that he shouldn't. I believe Tomlin made the right choice in sitting him out. It's not a knee or hip, it's his friggin brain you are playing with. So it's Saturday and he decides to not play Ben... he feels (and I agree) that the most important thing to do is get DD prepared. The furthest thing from his mind is I better tell Hines so that his feelings aren't hurt. Just because Hines is crying doesn't mean Tomlin lost the locker room.

jpele
11-30-2009, 09:43 AM
Just because Hines is crying doesn't mean Tomlin lost the locker room.

You must have missed the quotes last week from Hampton and other players complaining about the coaching.

LatrobePA
11-30-2009, 10:09 AM
You must have missed the quotes last week from Hampton and other players complaining about the coaching.

The **** will hit the fan soon, mark my words!

coldrolled
11-30-2009, 10:22 AM

sadly, it will be to late.

Miller83
11-30-2009, 10:24 AM
The defense flat out stinks without Polamalu. And I love Big Ben to death, toughest guy out there, but he should have played regardless of the doctor. If he wants to be regarded as the best, he and Tomlin need to let him play! Otherwise, don't run your mouth about being fine and able to play, and most of all, don't dress for the game! :tt02: Still a ''Die Hard'' Stillers fan!

LarryNJ
11-30-2009, 10:50 AM

Yes I did miss them. Can you link me to them?

LatrobePA
11-30-2009, 10:57 AM
sadly, it will be to late.

Maybe, but this week will be hell for some players and coaches!

papabaier
11-30-2009, 11:26 AM
The defense flat out stinks without Polamalu. And I love Big Ben to death, toughest guy out there, but he should have played regardless of the doctor. If he wants to be regarded as the best, he and Tomlin need to let him play! Otherwise, don't run your mouth about being fine and able to play, and most of all, don't dress for the game! :tt02: Still a ''Die Hard'' Stillers fan!

Ben not playing was not the problem - lack of good coaching from top to bottom, poor secondary coverage, poor special teams play. Dixon played well enough for Steelers to win. BA needs to go. Gay needs benched. Tomlin needs to get head out of his butt.

Zachintosh66
11-30-2009, 12:01 PM

Yeah in Tomlin Language that means harder practices... but my cioncern is dont we already have an injury problem.

LatrobePA
11-30-2009, 12:15 PM
Our O is sputtering, our D is slipping, our special teams is flat out horrid, pick one of the 3 and lets make a change while we still have a season left!

jpele
11-30-2009, 01:26 PM
Yes I did miss them. Can you link me to them?

http://www.steeleraddicts.com/forum/showthread.php?t=22939.

There's another one I can't locate right now.