PDA

View Full Version : There is no quit in Roethlisberger

Steelersfan
11-22-2006, 01:02 AM
Watching the first half it looked like Ben Roethlisberger was going to have a disastrous day. He had completed just four passes for 36 yards and three interceptions, one which was returned for a touchdown, for an unheard of quarterback rating of 6.4.

"In the first half, our offense couldn't get going. It was my fault," said Roethlisberger. "The ball was just bouncing all over the place."

But, if there is one thing that many have learned about Roethlisberger, it's never to count him out. While some fans might have been calling for him to be benched at halftime, those who know what Roethlisberger can do had faith and stuck with him and it paid off.

Roethlisberger had an incredible fourth quarter, leading the Steelers on three scoring drives while running the no-huddle offense for much of the time, including two touchdown passes en route to a thrilling come-from-behind win over the Browns.

"The second half we came out and there was no quitting on offense or defense," said Roethlisberger. "I was really proud of how our offensive and defensive lines played today."

Roethlisberger finished the day completing 25 passes for 272 yards, while spreading the ball around to seven different receivers.

"I've got to give these receivers a lot of credit," he said. "They were getting tired running all over the field, and when I'm scrambling, they really don't know what's going on. They've got to be careful not to block in the back, there's a lot to remember in that situation. They're the ones making plays in that situation. I'm just running around throwing it."

One play that epitomized Roethlisberger's performance came on the Steelers last offensive play of the game. Roethlisberger was looking for Hines Ward on second down from the four-yard line, but when pressure came, he had to scramble and that's when he found Willie Parker.

"I was pretty much looking at Hines all the way as the go-to guy," said Roethlisberger. "I started to my left. I was going to run it. When I saw Willie, I thought I'd try it."

Roethlisberger tossed the shovel pass to him and Parker took it in for the score and the comeback was complete.
"He was a very determined young man," said Cowher of his quarterback, "We had some tipped balls that went the other way. I liked the way he kept playing."

http://news.steelers.com/article/71890/

I sure do like the way our offense played in that 4th quarter. I just hope we don't have to continue coming back to win games.

BlacknGold Bleeder
11-22-2006, 01:13 AM
It was only the clowns ,we only needed to play one quarter !!:lol:

Steelersfan
11-22-2006, 01:18 AM
That is true but it was nice to see us actually win a game at the end when we had the chance. There's been a few games we could have won this year at the end but didn't do what we needed.

BlitzburghRockCity
11-22-2006, 06:29 AM
I love how we responded in that game and the previous one as well. The team pulled together and stopped shooting itself in the foot and Viola` we win the game, Imagine that !!

Captcoolhand
11-22-2006, 07:44 AM
That game Sunday,IMO was more intense than the SB last year. Kept you on the edge of your seat( if you were able too sit down!):bigthumb: :lol:

House of Steel
11-22-2006, 09:30 AM
I really wish Cowher and Whisenhunt would stick to a No Huddle Offensive Plan to keep the defense on the edge. It seems to work the best for us and to run the score up. Why can't they just stick with what works and go with the flow?

AZ_Steeler
11-22-2006, 11:04 AM
If only the offense could play like they did in the fourth quarter for an entire game! That was an awesome performance and I'm sure a lot of it had to do with the no huddle. This is something the entire team talked about during training camp (working on executing the no huddle) but we haven't seen it a whole lot this year. However, when they have ran the no huddle it's been nothing but positive results every single time! Someone needs to let the coaches know because they obviously aren't seeing what we are! :dunno:

Black@Gold Forever32
11-22-2006, 12:02 PM
Its a nice article but should we really praise an pro athlete for not quiting during a game. Just a thought.

As for the no-huddle offense. I agree and think the Steelers should run it more often.

Prosdo
11-22-2006, 12:18 PM
I love Ben's attitude. He is not one of those QB's who place blame elsewhere.

SteelCityMan786
11-22-2006, 03:54 PM

Same here. The attitude Ben has is like none other.

K Train
11-22-2006, 05:01 PM

You mean like these brilliant words by peyton manning after the AFC divisional playoff loss.

"Lets just say we had some protection problems"

Ben would die before he'd call out the offensive line like that

BlitzburghRockCity
11-22-2006, 07:09 PM
Its a nice article but should we really praise an pro athlete for not quiting during a game. Just a thought.

As for the no-huddle offense. I agree and think the Steelers should run it more often.

When you look at all the TO's and everybody else who follows suit in some form or fashion I think it's good to see athletes taking pride in their craft and carrying the never say die attitude. An ordinary person could have packed this season in a long time ago but to Ben's credit, through all this struggles, he's kept a positive attitude and here recently he's responded just alittle bit better every week.