PDA

View Full Version : With Dixon Starting.. Whats going on in your head?

OC Steel Curtain
11-28-2009, 09:07 PM
So with Dixon staring what are we all pondering....

I know im hoping that he can step in and maintain the offense and hopefully Mendy and Parker can make some plays.. I wonder what BA's gunna pull out of his bag of tricks with Dixon.. :thinking:

HUNT4SEVEN
11-28-2009, 11:02 PM
Dude we are F&^%ED:cursin:

pdawg86
11-28-2009, 11:50 PM
I am kinda surprised Steelers did not sign a veteran QB like Jeff Garcia?

SteelCityKid5
11-29-2009, 12:06 AM
What the hell you know? Its been one of those strange strange seasons.

pdawg86
11-29-2009, 12:13 AM
I know plenty and agree it has been a strange season they needs this game real bad!!!

OC Steel Curtain
11-29-2009, 12:14 AM
What the hell you know? Its been one of those strange strange seasons.

i agree 100%.. very very different in Pitt..

Big T
11-29-2009, 12:24 AM
The O Line better play out of it's mind.

Zachintosh66
11-29-2009, 01:34 AM
THIS IS WHAT I POSTEED IN THE OTHER THEAD...

Did Ben practice at all this week?

Tomlin made it sound like Ben was fine ad even had people questioning if it were a concussion in the first pace. Now he's out?

2 things come to mind...
#1 I hope Dixon got enuff reps this week. I feel he's got the tools to compete, just no experience.

#2 This whole Ben playing thing sounds fishy to me... either it be a smoke screen (which they normally dont do) or what if the NFL "forced their hand" at sitting Ben b/c of all the concussion coverage.

I feel comfortable with Dixons talents... Only thing is if he isnt getting the pocket time needed to get the ball to Hines and Heath, he wont dilly dally and he will take off running and we have all seen his feet could be dangerous. I expect a heavy dose of Mendy. Please BA, keep a back in to give Dixon an extra half of a second. Dixon wont need 5 WR sets, b/c he prolly cant read that much of the field anyways.

SteelerSteve
11-29-2009, 03:59 AM
Damn, I think its possible that we can still find a way to win but its on the defense and running game. I dont think anyone can realistically expect Dixon to come in and be a big playmaker. I hope he surprises us but I think the best we can hope for is him to just take care of the damn ball

JensK
11-29-2009, 06:03 AM
Whats going on in my head? I think i have gotten swine flu, and i loved those waffles i just ate.

No really, as i've said before, i think Dixon can be great, even against Ravens. I do think the defense as to play out of their mind if we are to win tho.

Woodson_DownUnder
11-29-2009, 07:18 AM
Damn, I think its possible that we can still find a way to win but its on the defense and running game. I dont think anyone can realistically expect Dixon to come in and be a big playmaker. I hope he surprises us but I think the best we can hope for is him to just take care of the damn ball

I'm not concerned because DD has overcome a far worse personal experiences and the players around him will only want him to BELONG as he 'seems to project a mature mindset' from reading some articles about him. I expect some jitters as you'd probably anticipate for a first start player but hey, he has two great WR's, a quality TE to pass too along with a trio of running men who can take the pressure off him. Just a matter of getting that quick pass out when the Ratbirds have 8 in the box... burn baby burn... Santonio to streak the post pattern for a BIG PLAY on the first DRIVE!! :crossfingers:
:yesnod:

LarryNJ
11-29-2009, 08:13 AM
I feel a great sense of anticipation and excitement. I'm thinking that this could be exactly what the Steelers need to pull themselves together and get on a roll the last month of the season. Every player and coach knows that they must step it up and do a little extra to help him out. On the flip side the Ravens D will be salivating at playing Dixon and will be a little over confident.

The team will pull together and get a big win in Balt.

LatrobePA
11-29-2009, 09:18 AM
My head - 6-5 here we come!

My gut - We blow them out with a back-up QB!

weidnerr
11-29-2009, 09:44 AM
Keep it simple and move the chains. 4 yards here, 3 there, 4 again. Ball control, No turnovers and get after Flacco.

jpele
11-29-2009, 09:44 AM
Whats going on in my head ? it sucks having to wait til 8:30 to watch the game.

The Ravens are in for a shock if they think this game will be a cake walk.

Can someone explain what that means, "cake walk" ?

LatrobePA
11-29-2009, 09:49 AM
Keep it simple and move the chains. 4 yards here, 3 there, 4 again. Ball control, No turnovers and get after Flacco.

See what Vince Young did on 3rd and 6, pocket breaks down run your skinny *** for the first, but avoid major contact!!

RIVERS OF STEEL
11-29-2009, 11:06 AM
Dennis Dixon that's what.:scratch:

STEELER 4 LIFE
11-29-2009, 11:14 AM
Its weird but i'm kind of excited to see what the offense does tonight, don't know what to expect. With ben in and the talent we have on offense , we are great at moments but average overall. Maybe something new can some how bring some excitement into this offense for a "full" game. Dixon has a big arm & fast legs, but not much game time. Very intrested to see what he can do tonight.

LatrobePA
11-29-2009, 11:26 AM
Rats can be ran on! Mendy wants revenge, who has more to prove??

K Train
11-29-2009, 11:29 AM
im all about it, cant wait to see what he can do.

Bonnie Hite
11-29-2009, 11:43 AM
I am very apprehensive about tonites game...if we lose to Baltimore it will be devastating.....what will happen to our playoff chances??? :cope:

JensK
11-29-2009, 11:52 AM
I am very apprehensive about tonites game...if we lose to Baltimore it will be devastating.....what will happen to our playoff chances??? :cope:

It will a hit, but its not lost. If we loose, we are still 6-5. I am pretty sure 10-6 or ofc 11-5 would be enough to secure a wc spot. The best thing that could happen to us right now is, if Texans and Jax loose tonight :)

spyboots
11-29-2009, 11:53 AM
Most of us have wanted to see what Dixon can do. Here's his chance.

If special teams doesn't screw up this week, we should be fine. We have the #1 overall defense even without Troy.

Dixon doesn't hold onto the ball "too long," and they've come up with some packages for him.

As long as we don't turn over the ball, we'll be fine.

75Steeler
11-29-2009, 12:48 PM
I'm hoping Dixon will have a breakout game and turn into an overnight NFL, Gunslinger, QB sensation. I was also thinking maybe we need to shake some **** up and have Hines play QB and FWP returning punts. I'm actually really scared to turn my TV on tonight but F**K it I'm a Steelers fan I have to support this team good or bad. I have enough beer to get really really drunk should we come out looking like **** from the start then it won't hurt as bad. Till I wake up tomorrow morning.

Captcoolhand
11-29-2009, 01:45 PM
:thinking: How much do I want to bet on Baltimore tonight.....

Seriously, I'm sure alot of people thought the same about Ben when he had to start.... look where that went.
I just hope Dixon can do half of well as Ben. If so, we can be alright. IMO.

steel-tex
11-29-2009, 03:52 PM
all will be fine if B.A. will call a good game, lets hope he helps dixon with some dump offs delayed handoffs a screen or two maybe a play action pass called at the right time ?? he has not done anything like it all year but maybe our head coach will help lead him in the right direction for this game ????? i hope he dont set the kid back there to take a beating like ben does.

OC Steel Curtain
11-29-2009, 04:01 PM
Im very curious and excited about tonight :cope:

LarryNJ
11-29-2009, 04:05 PM
I'm thinking that BA has DD rollout instead of just dropping back. This will help avoid the rush. It also gives him less field to wor with but less reads to make and less decisions to make.

jpele
11-29-2009, 06:54 PM
My only concern in this game is the O'line. Dixon has the arm, accuracy and a set of wheels to make things happen. Mendenhall will hopefully get a boatload of carries. As much as we all hate Arians,his play calling does move us up and down the field his troubles start when we need a play to score.

Having said that, if the O'line plays like last week none of the above matters.

kgreen
11-29-2009, 07:49 PM
I don't know what to expect from Dennis Dixon tonight. If he plays like crap then I won't be terribly upset, but if he plays well I will be ecstatic.

SteelerSteve
11-30-2009, 12:01 AM
Defense got after flacco to some extent but as much as I hate to say it this team NEEDS Polamalu and thats not good. How the defense plays the rest of the season will determine how we finish and if they play like tonight then you might as well kiss playoffs/superbowl goodbye

LatrobePA
11-30-2009, 12:03 AM
If we can't find ways to win games with out Troy then we're doomed!

$teelersRule
11-30-2009, 12:52 AM
My hat is off to Dixon its not his fault he couldnt overcome the **** POOR playcalling all night long, when he was given his chance he responded well. The garbage OC we have has no idea how to use a players strength. To ask him to sit in the pocket and survey the defense is absurd he should have been on the perimeter the whole time where he could have run or pass

--- Added 11/29/2009 at 11:52 PM ---

Ariens should be fired, if i was Tomlin he wouldnt be allowed back in the building

scott0326
11-30-2009, 01:55 AM
Dixon played pretty well I though, the play calling was terrible but he kept us in the game and made some great plays. Arians is an idiot and has to be fired...

K Train
11-30-2009, 02:05 AM
cant believe they didnt run more option plays, they kicked ***

BlitzburghRockCity
11-30-2009, 08:31 AM
Dixon played pretty decent for a guy starting his first game in a hostile environment but you could tell late in the game he was starting to stare down his WR's and the ratbirds were jumping all over the routes. BA should have done way more rollouts, more designed scrambles, the option, hell anything to get him mobile and keep the defense guessing.

If we can't find ways to win games with out Troy then we're doomed!

The win/loss record doesn't lie; obviously he's not the only factor in the losses but when he's in there you definitely game plan differently than when he's not, if you're the opposing offense.