PDA

View Full Version : What we should have done on 3rd and 2 . . .

UKSTEELER
11-25-2009, 07:46 AM
Check out the third play here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pga_isnbqm4

This is from 1988 in the UK, . . never too late to learn Bruce!

Check out the Jim McMahon headbands!! lol!:lol:

Blazedby92
11-25-2009, 07:49 AM
Check out the second play here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pga_isnbqm4

This is from 1989 in the UK, . . never too late to learn Bruce!

Check out the Jim McMahon headbands!! lol!:lol:

WTF???

UKSTEELER
11-25-2009, 08:05 AM
lol sorry the third play . . .

now changed . . . up top.

weidnerr
11-25-2009, 02:16 PM
We should have brought in a fullback and let Mendenhall run twice if needed. KC has one of the worst run defenses in the league and we throw 40 times???
The coaches have to start trusting Mendenhall. Every game we have lost has been when we brought in Willie or Moore to run the clock out in the last 8 minutes of the game after leading the whole game. Throw some slants on first downs to Holmes and Wallace to run the clock out when teams stack the line. Moore or Willie aren't going to run over anyone or push the pile.

:cope:

LarryNJ
11-25-2009, 03:05 PM
:lol::lol:
Number 41 was pissed...kicking the cone.

DanRooney
11-25-2009, 03:36 PM
We should have brought in a fullback and let Mendenhall run twice if needed. KC has one of the worst run defenses in the league and we throw 40 times???
The coaches have to start trusting Mendenhall. Every game we have lost has been when we brought in Willie or Moore to run the clock out in the last 8 minutes of the game after leading the whole game. Throw some slants on first downs to Holmes and Wallace to run the clock out when teams stack the line. Moore or Willie aren't going to run over anyone or push the pile.

Moore is one of the best pass catching, 3rd down backs in the league. He is a tough SOB too, but he's the slowest damn RB on our team. WHY WOULD YOU PITCH IT TO HIM RUNNING OUTSIDE?!?! :banging:

Speaking of pass catching, I don't think he's caught 1 pass in the last 3 weeks. Arians needs to go!

coldrolled
11-25-2009, 04:06 PM

a fullback and moore in the back.

then play action a short pass to ward or miller.

Goodfrom55
11-25-2009, 04:08 PM
I would have done 1 or 2 things. . .

shotgun 4-wide, draw to Moore
or
3-wide, (Ward, Holmes, Miller) QB under center, motion Heath into a trap block with Mendenhall behind Colon and Essex.

Sir Blitzelot
11-25-2009, 06:21 PM
3-wide, (Ward, Holmes, Miller) QB under center, motion Heath into a trap block with Mendenhall behind Colon and Essex.

That is what I would have done. :yesnod:

steel-tex
11-25-2009, 07:01 PM
hahahahahahaha right B.A. call a play action!!! he is a robot - same calls same situations same outcome - no imagination -no points - how about a full back its 2 yards - learn to make a play - 2 yards - run it down there throat.

JensK
11-26-2009, 04:17 AM
Moore is one of the best pass catching, 3rd down backs in the league. He is a tough SOB too, but he's the slowest damn RB on our team. WHY WOULD YOU PITCH IT TO HIM RUNNING OUTSIDE?!?! :banging:

Speaking of pass catching, I don't think he's caught 1 pass in the last 3 weeks. Arians needs to go!

And you know what? Mendenhall is actually proably better than moore. He has better hands at least. He was by far the RB with best hands comming out that year, and that says something compared to the draftclass.

UKSTEELER
11-26-2009, 08:44 AM
More from Tomlin
Other highlights from Tomlin's news conference yesterday:

He defended the call that pitched the ball deep and wide to Mewelde Moore on third-and-2 at Kansas City's 35 in overtime. "Mewelde's done some nice things for us. I'd do it again.''

:eek1:

weidnerr
11-28-2009, 06:34 PM
Were not going very far if we don't start playing Mendenhall at crunch time. He is our best option at running back. Without a running game you can't win in the playoffs. Indy will fall in the playoffs because of this. I hope we quit throwing 40 times a game. I prefer smash mouth, old school, Steeler football. Taking care of the ball and great defenses wins Championships.

:tt02: