PDA

View Full Version : Ravens to make their version of the Terrible Towel

75Steeler
11-24-2009, 08:43 PM
Ravens to distribute their version of the "Terrible Towel" -From the Baltimore Sun

In an effort to rival the “Terrible Towels” brandished by Pittsburgh Steelers fans, the Ravens have partnered with UnderArmour and the Wounded Warrior Project to distribute purple-and-white rally towels to the more than 71,000 fans attending Sunday night’s game against the Steelers.

The towels display the Ravens’ logo, UnderArmour’s logo and the company’s slogan “Protect This House” and an emblem for the Wounded Warrior Project, which raises awareness for severely injured service members.

"Our fans are committed and exceptionally passionate," said Ravens vice president of corporate sales and partnerships Mark Brudett, who also encouraged fans to wear purple. "It’s important that every Ravens fan who attends the game gets a towel and displays it proudly. We want there to be a sea of purple and white, so the national audience can witness Baltimore’s excitement and dedication to its team."

--- Added 11/24/2009 at 07:43 PM ---

There can never be another version of the Terrible Towel. Myron Cope invented it and it belongs to the hearts Steelers fans and is the property the Allegheny Valley School. Good luck trying to copy our 30+ year old tradition!!!!

:tt02: :cope: :tt02: :cope:

LatrobePA
11-24-2009, 08:58 PM
Who cares, will make nice soft toilet paper!

LarryNJ
11-24-2009, 09:10 PM
:popcorn::sleepy:...

if they were that passionate they would buy them like we do!

Troyisabeast_43
11-24-2009, 09:47 PM
This will be the Ravens downfall right there trying to mimic and copy the Terrible Towel. It will be a thing of beauty to see the Ravens fans crying with those Rat Turd towels at the end of the night...

SteelCityKid5
11-24-2009, 10:22 PM
And yet Ravens fans are the ones making fun of us for waiving around towels? Ha, buncha cop outs.

BlacknGold Bleeder
11-24-2009, 10:41 PM
Ant stadium we go to now has their version of the Terrible Towel...who was it that said "imitation is the greatest form of flattery":tt02::tt02: No matter what sporting event ya see now somebody is waving some form of the Terrible Towel.. what I say to that is "The Terrible Towel often imitated but NEVER duplicated":tt02::bigtowel::towelwave:

Goodfrom55
11-24-2009, 10:50 PM
Kind of like McDonalds vs. McDowells. . .They have the Big Mac, we have the Big Mick.

Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery.

igor0190
11-25-2009, 12:01 AM
I don't think Myron would approve of this and since he's lifted the curse on the Titans he has some extra time on his hands! :thinking:

Phenomenal TJ
11-25-2009, 03:58 AM
Cute little concept they've got there. lmao.

igor0190
11-25-2009, 09:54 AM
Cute little concept they've got there. lmao.

Lol, Thanks...

RIVERS OF STEEL
11-25-2009, 10:58 AM
Try this.
http://imgcash4.imageshack.us/img517/3972/toiletpaper6.jpg

harpo
11-25-2009, 11:41 AM
Imitation is the greatest form of flattery.

:tt02:

lloydfan4life
11-25-2009, 11:43 AM
F*** the Ratbirds. :whatever:

BlitzburghRockCity
11-25-2009, 01:55 PM
This will be the Ravens downfall right there trying to mimic and copy the Terrible Towel. It will be a thing of beauty to see the Ravens fans crying with those Rat Turd towels at the end of the night...

Haven't they tried this before, with some other ridiculous copy of our Terrible Towl...yeah that went over real well since nobody remembers it or uses it anymore.

I suppose we should be flattered to see them trying to copy such a legendary piece of professional sports; but personally I find it amusing because they will just fail miserably in their attempt.

The towel was born out of a passion from Myron, for the city and it's fans. You can't just create it with some corporate sponsor and expect it to mean the same thing. The Terrible Towel is a symbol of hope, uniting fans all over the world; not some plain old purple generic rag.

TampaSteelGirl
11-25-2009, 02:20 PM
They bore me......won't make a difference, our gold towels will GLOW much brighter than their purple and white towels anyway....:bigtowel:

steelcurtaingurl
11-28-2009, 12:19 AM
All I can say is remember what happened when Lendale from the Titans decided to stomp the Terrible Towel? They lost 7 games straight.... So let the Rat Birds try to copy our terrible towel watch it bring them bad luck!

Don't mess with Black and Gold BABY! No one can mess with us and our traditions and get away with it!:tt02:

KSSteelerfan
11-28-2009, 12:26 AM
I give the Ratbirds organization a zero for originality!! There is truly only one terrible towel!!:tt02::cope::imho:

Moondog
11-28-2009, 12:32 PM
Any self respecting Ravens fan should not use that towel. It would be like the Steelers trying to set up a dawg pound at Heinz field. Why would anybody want to outright copy another team's tradition? Especially a hated rivals? Have some class Raven fans and come up with something on your own like throwing petrified bird droppings in the air every time your team scores....think of something original...geez.

jpele
11-28-2009, 01:53 PM
They are the original Browns,why not use the towel they already have ?

http://www.imagehosting.gr/out.php/i1280900_brown-towel.jpg (http://imagehosting.gr)

Just add a little purple.