PDA

View Full Version : Arians Fired

coldrolled
11-24-2009, 07:05 AM
up some brats in celebration of another week in the nfl.

JensK
11-24-2009, 07:11 AM
I hate you...

Ibleedblk&gld
11-24-2009, 07:21 AM
that was cruel

franchise3
11-24-2009, 08:03 AM
I am really trying hard not to curse you out right now. My heart started pumping like crazy...

LatrobePA
11-24-2009, 09:02 AM
BA BA BA BA BA BA BA BA BA BA BA BA BA BA BA BA BA BA BA BA BA BA BA BA BA BA BA BA BA BA BA BA BA BA BA BA BA BA BA BA BA BA!!

Stairwayto7
11-24-2009, 09:12 AM
I knew it was fake, but couldn`t resist, had too look

floodcitygirl
11-24-2009, 09:22 AM
Somebody take this down. :rant2:

Please.

TampaSteelGirl
11-24-2009, 11:16 AM
Somebody take this down. :rant2:

Please.

Yea I agree here FCG....this post is crap! BA isn't going anywhere and he's not 100% to blame here, as I've seen in alot of threads it is alot about execution by the players as well.....give him a break, he's not going anywhere, anytime soon..relax!

:deadhorse:

coldrolled
11-24-2009, 11:27 AM
Yea I agree here FCG....this post is crap! BA isn't going anywhere and he's not 100% to blame here, as I've seen in alot of threads it is alot about execution by the players as well.....give him a break, he's not going anywhere, anytime soon..relax!

:deadhorse:

lighten up.. we know hes staying...

execution.. thats another issue.. if you have plays called that need to be executed to the strength of the defense it will not execute very well will it???

the idea is to call plays to blow out the other teams weaknesses then execute with a higher percentage of success?? right...

like run more against a team ranked 27th against the run?

maybe use the RB that had 589 yards in 5 games.. not shut him down for 2 weeks and lose.

sorry no good feeleings here for bruce...

LatrobePA
11-24-2009, 11:50 AM
lighten up.. we know hes staying...

execution.. thats another issue.. if you have plays called that need to be executed to the strength of the defense it will not execute very well will it???

the idea is to call plays to blow out the other teams weaknesses then execute with a higher percentage of success?? right...

like run more against a team ranked 27th against the run?

maybe use the RB that had 589 yards in 5 games.. not shut him down for 2 weeks and lose.

sorry no good feeleings here for bruce...

Right with ya dude!:yellowthumb:

(sorry TSG still love ya) lol

J.OTSTOTT
11-24-2009, 12:51 PM
lmao at this thread!!!

coldrolled
11-24-2009, 03:47 PM
Right with ya dude!:yellowthumb:

(sorry TSG still love ya) lol

Ravens weakness this week... Lets get after it.... The Pats did..

Ravens have signed cornerback Cary Williams off the Tennessee Titans practice squad, Williams' agent Marc Lillibridge announced on Twitter.

A seventh-round pick (229th overall) by the Titans in 2008, Williams replaces cornerback Fabian Washington, who tore his ACL during Sunday's loss to the Indianapolis Colts.

Williams (6-1, 185) has appeared in five games for the Titans, including four games earlier this season when injuries had ravaged the team's secondary. Williams set a career-high with 9 tackles and defended his first NFL pass during the Titans' 59-0 loss to the New England Patriots on October 18.

Goodfrom55
11-24-2009, 03:55 PM
Even if it were true, it would be one of the dumber things the Steelers would have done. No good can come from firing a coach mid-season. . .If the Steelers were 0-10 with nothing to lose, maybe, but they;re right in the thick of it.

Regarding the play call balance, if the Steelers do 2 things well and they are stopping the run, I am calling pass plays until they commit to stopping the pass - then I run the ball.

Dee Mca
11-24-2009, 04:51 PM
:+1: dont know what else to saY

OC Steel Curtain
11-24-2009, 04:55 PM
Ima Laugh whens he pulls something out his *** this year and stays the OC

coldrolled
11-24-2009, 04:59 PM
Even if it were true, it would be one of the dumber things the Steelers would have done. No good can come from firing a coach mid-season. . .If the Steelers were 0-10 with nothing to lose, maybe, but they;re right in the thick of it.

Regarding the play call balance, if the Steelers do 2 things well and they are stopping the run, I am calling pass plays until they commit to stopping the pass - then I run the ball.

your right they wont make a move like that.... ba is here to stay. but the frustration is still here.

i am just a frustrated fan, seeing too many goose eggs posted in 2 qtrs each game and in any given qtr order. we score 0 in the first then 0 in the the third or maybe 0 in the 2nd then the 0 int the 4th qtr. look over all the games and you will see lots of goose eggs in our games and usually theres 2 qtrs of goose eggs per game all year....

not to mention all the field goals... and dead red zone attempts. we should be 10-0

thats the frustrating part....

i blame strategy...

SouthCentral
11-24-2009, 05:04 PM
but the frustration is still here.

couldnt agree more. its terrible to watch the steelers -with so much talent- lose to a team like the cheifs.
the offense has the capability to put up gaudy numbers every week but as people have posted in other threads, we've been playing to the other teams level... we play a bad team- we play worse.
:banging:

Goodfrom55
11-24-2009, 06:15 PM
Goes to show you, Steelers had twice as many yards from scrimmage, twice as many 1st downs and 3 times as many turnovers. . .that's the deal breaker.

Black@Gold Forever32
11-24-2009, 06:48 PM
For real don't get the hate Arians crowd going by no means please....He isn't the problem folks...the execution by the players is more to blame then Arians...Plus the fact the Steelers OL still run blocks like a bunch of p$ssies is more to blame as well......they let an inferior Chiefs front seven dominate them.....

coldrolled
11-24-2009, 07:22 PM
For real don't get the hate Arians crowd going by no means please....He isn't the problem folks...the execution by the players is more to blame then Arians...Plus the fact the Steelers OL still run blocks like a bunch of p$ssies is more to blame as well......they let an inferior Chiefs front seven dominate them.....

could be, i just dont think we confuse the defenses enough to keep the pressure off our line or ben. its wierd to have a SB team and great players and say they dont execute.

i just think they dont execute the plays toward the other teams defensive weakness.

but im just a fan, not a coach... i just cant get it in my head to blame the players on a lot of the plays we execute.

LatrobePA
11-24-2009, 07:32 PM
I've cooled down from Sunday. But throwing the ball 42 + times against the 27th ranked rushing D isn't a brainy move either fellas!!

Goodfrom55
11-24-2009, 07:55 PM
I've cooled down from Sunday. But throwing the ball 42 + times against the 27th ranked rushing D isn't a brainy move either fellas!!

Whole heartedly agree, but if they can't run for more than 3.1 yards per carry, then you have to pass to loosen up the run "D".

I don't know about you guys, but I sit in my LR watching the game and I literally call about 80% of the plays correctly before they happen. What this says is once tendencies are established, it's real easy to defend this offense.

Black@Gold Forever32
11-24-2009, 08:41 PM
could be, i just dont think we confuse the defenses enough to keep the pressure off our line or ben. its wierd to have a SB team and great players and say they dont execute.

i just think they dont execute the plays toward the other teams defensive weakness.

but im just a fan, not a coach... i just cant get it in my head to blame the players on a lot of the plays we execute.

Arians isn't out there letting balls go through their hands which lead to INTs like Miller....Arians isn't out there throwing picks in the red zone....Arians isn't out there committing penalties which lead to stalled drives....Arians isn't out there doing a **** poor job in run blocking against an terrible front 7 like the Chiefs....BA is far from the next Bill Walsh but he isn't as bad as the haters make him out to be......He has far been the problem this year....Better execution by the entire offense will go a long way in correcting the inconsistency of this offense......

JensK
11-25-2009, 03:39 AM
Arians isn't out there letting balls go through their hands which lead to INTs like Miller....Arians isn't out there throwing picks in the red zone....Arians isn't out there committing penalties which lead to stalled drives....Arians isn't out there doing a **** poor job in run blocking against an terrible front 7 like the Chiefs....BA is far from the next Bill Walsh but he isn't as bad as the haters make him out to be......He has far been the problem this year....Better execution by the entire offense will go a long way in correcting the inconsistency of this offense......

Although Arians can't be blamed for lack of execution, he is god aweful predictable with his playcalling. Out of 10 plays, i normally guess around 6 of them, and im sure you would pick even more. If we can, their defensive coordinator sure can too. Problem is, when you wan't to throw the ball this much, its way too easy to make your LB's drop back, and put in the nickel DB, and voila, you are out numbered. Especially since BA will call plays which are designed for 15y+ 50% of the time he goes through the air. So while i agree that we need to get better with our execution, and Ben does miss his security check-down (or w/e you call that), i still think the playclling is way to easy to defend against (especially in redzone)

LatrobePA
11-25-2009, 08:23 AM
Whole heartedly agree, but if they can't run for more than 3.1 yards per carry, then you have to pass to loosen up the run "D".

I don't know about you guys, but I sit in my LR watching the game and I literally call about 80% of the plays correctly before they happen. What this says is once tendencies are established, it's real easy to defend this offense.

The key is to stay with it, take the good with the bad, the holes will open...To often I think they give up on it way to early in the game!