PDA

View Full Version : The Steelers effort's in overtime yesterday...

Troyisabeast_43
11-23-2009, 07:03 PM
In my opinion were absolutely atrocious. The tackling on the final drive of the game by Tyrone Carter on Jamal Charles and Ryan Clark on Chris Chambers was completely inexcusable and just horrific. The effort as well by players such as Carter and Ike Taylor to try and catch Chambers and run him out of bounds on the 61 yard catch was just down right lethargic and pathetic. Can somebody in this secondary for the love of god pleaseeee catch a ****ing interception as well when it's thrown in your direction. I mean you are seeing this now week in and week out. Ryan Clark has dropped two interceptions thrown pretty much directly at him the last 2 weeks against the Bengals and Chiefs. And Ike Taylor has got to hang onto that interception before the Chris Chambers back breaking reception. William Gay's play as I mentioned in another thread has been like a yo-yo all season long at best and yesterday might have been his worst game as a Steeler.

Another thing to mention here as well is Daniel Sepulveda doesnt get a free pass either yesterday especially in overtime. His decision to punt the ball straight in the air into the end zone without even attempting to angle the kick out of bounds or just pooch it was flat out ridiculous. The Steelers for what it was worth might as well have tried to win the game with a 54-55 yard FG with Jeff Reed on 4th down seeing that they only gave up about 17-18 yards of field position there with that ridiculous punt by Sepulveda. Just looking back at the whole entire overtime you really have to question the whole thing and wonder where every single players head was when it was going on because the play of the Steelers team as a whole in overtime was flat out hideous...

Ibleedblk&gld
11-23-2009, 07:15 PM
carter never wraps anyone up...he thinks he's troy, and hitting them will do the trick...it's annoying as ****

he's also the type that will tackle someone, then stand over them and gloat like a jackass

nothing pisses me off more than someone who's willing to draw a taunting penalty to act bigger than the other guy

Big T
11-23-2009, 08:01 PM
On that last play, they said the D didn't even get the play call...

Goodfrom55
11-23-2009, 08:59 PM
It's all moot if cement hands Taylor made the INT on the previous play. Agreed though, if Clark is going to launch himnself at someone, he'd better do it at their legs.

LarryNJ
11-23-2009, 09:02 PM
The punt was terrible, you seldom see them punt it out of bounds anymore but that wasn't anywhere near being pooched. I figured they would have 2 plays to try and get the first down, it was too far away to punt.

After Hines went out for the coin toss and won it, the entire bench seemed lifeless.I took it as an overconfidence, almost like we are the Steeelrs and this game is over.

Goodfrom55
11-23-2009, 09:08 PM
The punt was terrible, you seldom see them punt it out of bounds anymore but that wasn't anywhere near being pooched. I figured they would have 2 plays to try and get the first down, it was too far away to punt.

After Hines went out for the coin toss and won it, the entire bench seemed lifeless.I took it as an overconfidence, almost like we are the Steeelrs and this game is over.

Steelers should have taken a delay penalty to give Sepulveda more room to work with.

franchise3
11-24-2009, 09:41 AM
I wonder if Harrison unwrapped the tape around his wrists this time when we won a toss (he did that against the Titans because he was "sure Ben would win it").

Carter and Taylor looked like they were pissed they didn't get a call from the bench. You still have to try guys, come on now.

It's easy to say now we should have tried with Reed but how many would truly decide that at that point? With the way our defense was playing before that to hope that we can keep them at under 20 yards is pretty confident, may I say too confident. It was the right call to punt it, I am not sure if anyone told Daniel how to punt or is that understood as common sense but that was a woeful punt.

--- Added 11/24/2009 at 08:41 AM ---

Steelers should have taken a delay penalty to give Sepulveda more room to work with.

Very good point, I didn't think about that.

Goodfrom55
11-24-2009, 03:58 PM
[QUOTE=franchise3;319205]
Carter and Taylor looked like they were pissed they didn't get a call from the bench. You still have to try guys, come on now.
--- Added 11/24/2009 at 08:41 AM ---

If they didn't get the call from the bench, why not call time out?

RIVERS OF STEEL
11-24-2009, 04:12 PM

Couldn't agree more jersey. After denver something has blown the lights out for this team. There is a real deep problem here. Not sure what it is but, fire in the pit it ain't. The obvious stuff has already been Id.