PDA

View Full Version : Big Ben to play, no new QB's to be added

SteelCityKid5
11-23-2009, 04:43 PM
"Ben Roethlisbeger “seems to be fine” a source told the Post-Gazette today after he left yesterday’s game in Kansas City following a blow to the head in overtime of the Steelers’ 27-24 loss. Roethlisberger took various tests today to determine if he sustained any type of concussion and while those tests results were not available, the source close to the situation said the quarterback appears to be well enough to play Sunday night in Baltimore.
After Sunday’s game, Roethlisberger told the Post-Gazette he felt OK.
Team officials appeared confident enough that their starting quarterback would be ready for next Sunday that they are not pursuing a veteran to replace Charlie Batch on the roster. Batch left Sunday’s game in Kansas City with a broken left wrist that was not determined until later. He will have surgery today or tomorrow, which could end his season.
The Steelers instead were looking to sign a young quarterback to add to their practice squad. Dennis Dixon, who has been their third-team quarterback the past two seasons, would move up to No. 2."

- Ed Bouchette

Steel Trap86
11-23-2009, 04:47 PM
He should play, but he'll be getting checked out every day this week and if he isn't cleared to, then he won't. This game on Sunday is going to say a lot about which direction this team is going in, so I ****in hope Ben is ready!

Troyisabeast_43
11-23-2009, 04:52 PM
This still is not confirmed just yet and doesnt tell us anything. I never believe anything when it states a source says this and that close to the team. Until I hear confirmation from Tomlin tomorrow at his News Conference or someone within the organization it's still up in the air...

Goodfrom55
11-23-2009, 09:01 PM
That's great. . .anyone hear about Kemo?

75Steeler
11-23-2009, 10:12 PM
I hope Ben is back to 100% for Sunday and we win cause I don't want to see postings from Joeflaccosayshi braging about the friggin Ratbirds.

Zachintosh66
11-23-2009, 10:49 PM
ditto on Kemo? news?

Steel Trap86
11-24-2009, 12:06 AM
Just saw on NFL network that Ben will practice all week and is expected to play

JensK
11-24-2009, 02:30 AM
Kemo has a MCL sprain, which will keep him out for a couple of games. Normally, a MCL sprain takes less time for an oline man to recover from than other players, so depending on the degree, he shouldnt be out for more than a few games.

Mike Tomlin
11-24-2009, 08:26 AM
I think Dixon would do well if he had to fill in. Also Baltimore just loss Fabian Washington for the season. Their pretty much depleted in the secondary. We have to blow them out just to bring the team morale up. Like I said earlier the D leaves the game for the offense to take it and lately they won't. Forget the Madden curse we got the Maddox curse lol, he would go down the field with ease and then throw a pick.

BlitzburghRockCity
11-24-2009, 08:29 AM
Baltimore is a rough game to be coming back from any injury; it's always a bloodbath when these teams play and I fully expect asshats like Lewis, Suggs, to come after Ben with every cheap shot they have in their arsenal.

DanRooney
11-24-2009, 09:37 AM
Baltimore is a rough game to be coming back from any injury; it's always a bloodbath when these teams play and I fully expect asshats like Lewis, Suggs, to come after Ben with every cheap shot they have in their arsenal.

Suggs is playing?

JensK
11-24-2009, 10:16 AM
Suggs is playing?

Nope.

Mike Tomlin
11-24-2009, 10:16 AM
Well he won't have to worry about Suggs

BlacknGold Bleeder
11-24-2009, 10:21 AM
I hear all over local radio that the STEELERS are goingto be signing Tyler Palko to the practice squad. He supposed to clear CFL waivers sometime Wed.

Blazedby92
11-24-2009, 10:26 AM
Tyler Palko,:hilarious:

BlitzburghRockCity
11-24-2009, 02:36 PM
Got the text from KDKA that Tomlin said Ben will be able to play as long as he continues to pass the ongoing tests this week.

Suggs was just an example, meaning pretty much anyone on the Ratbird defense will be out for blood because they love cheap shotting Ben whenever they get the chance.

Big T
11-24-2009, 02:40 PM
I was going to start a new thread but to be honest I don't really want to....yes the steelers will sign Tyler palko to the practice squad and possibly to the 53 man roster if they put Charlie batch on IR.