PDA

View Full Version : Soooooooo if you play a team that is 27th in the league in stopping the run.......

TampaSteelGirl
11-23-2009, 11:14 AM
THEN WHY WOULD YOU NOT RUN THE BALL DOWN THEIR THROATS WITH OUR SUCCESSFUL RUNNING GAME????????? :OA02:

:evilshake::evilshake::evilshake::evilshake:

Chasing Seven
11-23-2009, 11:25 AM
Because Bruce Arians is too incompetent to realize what a running game is.

Scorp
11-23-2009, 11:37 AM
I don't know what the hell is going on with Pittsburgh. They should have won that game, no excuses. That loss is unacceptable.

SteelCurtainYinzer
11-23-2009, 11:40 AM
FIRE BRUCE ARIANS----

SteelCityKid5
11-23-2009, 11:41 AM
I'm not the type of person to hate someone. I've tried to understand Arians as a play caller but I cant. I feel Arians is trying to make Ben into Manning and that isnt happening. The Steelers are a successful organization when they can run the ball. Last year we got away with it because our defense was incredible. But, I get using the passing game to get a lead. That works. When you're up 10 in the second half, I wouldnt have a problem if he became a conservative coordinator. Just run the ball. My biggest problem is they get away from traps with Kemo and Mendenhall. That play should be our bread an butter. This whole play action stuff wont cut it because Im sure by now defenses are defending the pass first. This guy just makes me scratch my head. It is very frusterating.

BlitzburghRockCity
11-23-2009, 12:00 PM
The problem is not that his play calling is always wrong, it's that it's wrong at the worse possible times. We moved the ball like crazy yesterday, Ben had almost 400 yds passing and Mendy was running & catching all over the place. The problem was in the red zone we continually shot ourselves in the foot, and we continued to force the ball down field all the time instead of working it.

It's easy to heave it down field for 40 yds when you have that much real estate to work with, but when you get down there with only 10 yds to go and they bunch up, then we can't overcome it. Either that or Ben just makes bone head throws in traffic because he gets ansy and we end up with a pic in the endzone from our own 40.

BR7
11-23-2009, 12:04 PM
The problem is not that his play calling is always wrong, it's that it's wrong at the worse possible times. We moved the ball like crazy yesterday, Ben had almost 400 yds passing and Mendy was running & catching all over the place. The problem was in the red zone we continually shot ourselves in the foot, and we continued to force the ball down field all the time instead of working it.

It's easy to heave it down field for 40 yds when you have that much real estate to work with, but when you get down there with only 10 yds to go and they bunch up, then we can't overcome it. Either that or Ben just makes bone head throws in traffic because he gets ansy and we end up with a pic in the endzone from our own 40.

I wouldn't call his notorious under-throws 'heaves'

Play calling in the RZ is atrocious at best.

TampaSteelGirl
11-23-2009, 12:06 PM
I have to say how impressed I was with the Bengals last week in the 4th quarter and using the last 7minutes of the game and how they ran, ran, ran the ball..they made sure we didn't have one minute with that ball in the 4th quarter and made sure we didn't get a chance for a pick 6...see now that's great time management (which we use to do) and great stratedgy!!! I just can't understand again how against the Broncos we were brilliant...no huddle, running game etc....now the last 2 games play like a high school team, why are we not sticking with what works and how can Tomlin sit back and watch this?????? It's doesn't take a rocket scientist to see what works and what doesn't....:banging:

BR7
11-23-2009, 12:10 PM
Myabe that's BA's way of adjusting to other teams watching film on us and 'what worked' then.. so in his great mind.. he throws them a curve and does the opposite of what teams expect us to do. I have to break out my TecmoBowl Arians sig now..

Captcoolhand
11-23-2009, 12:28 PM
Myabe that's BA's way of adjusting to other teams watching film on us and 'what worked' then.. so in his great mind.. he throws them a curve and does the opposite of what teams expect us to do. I have to break out my TecmoBowl Arians sig now..
Funny, i was just thinking the same thing. Someone needs to send BA a copy of Madden 2010 and tell him to learn plays to call/make plays that actually work. Both game and Redzone.

Moondog
11-23-2009, 01:37 PM
Yes I agree, Arians makes some questionable decisions at key points in the game, but his offense racked up over 500 yards yesterday against KC. It wasn't BA who fumbled the ball after a big gain, that was Wallace...it wasn't BA who let a catchable ball bounce off his shoulder pads for an interception, that was Miller....and it wasn't BA who threw into quadruple coverage and got picked....that was Ben. Plenty of blame to go around including the D and special teams. Coaching and the player's execution have not been up to par across the board.

75Steeler
11-23-2009, 02:32 PM
What the hell is with this team and BA? We beat the Vikings and Denver who are pretty good teams. Then we loose to KC, the Bears and the Bungals. This is the most inconsistant football I have ever seen the Steelers play. We don't only need to fire BA we need to fire the special teams coach

**** we may need to worry about playing the Browns now!!!!!! :cursin:

coldrolled
11-23-2009, 03:24 PM
FIRE BRUCE ARIANS----

If they dont and Dixon is QB. He will be broken before the game ends.

Ben can take the punsihment of BA's play calling, Dixon is not as Spartan like as Ben, he will go down quick.

Ben also makes BA look good. Dixon will have to scramble a lot to stay alive out there.

Goodfrom55
11-23-2009, 10:07 PM
How do you slow down run and pass blitzing? Screen passes. How many were called yesterday, 1 ? I believe Haley and Pendergast went back to the Superbowl game film on how they stopped the run vs the Steelers and implemented those strategies yesterday. Running game was effective, but not dominant.