PDA

View Full Version : Ben Roethlisberger, Kemoeatu injuries

jpele
11-22-2009, 06:25 PM
KANSAS CITY, Mo. -- Quarterback Ben Roethlisberger, who left today's game in overtime after taking a blow to the head, appeared to be lucid in the Steelers locker room after their 27-24 loss to the Kansas City Chiefs.

"Needless to say, it was a concussion-oriented thing, so I doubt he was going to come back into the football game,'' coach Mike Tomlin said.

However, Roethlisberger told the Post-Gazette as he pulled on his dress suit in the locker room that while he did not know if he received a concussion or not, he felt okay.

Roethlisberger left the game with 12:21 remaining in overtime after he scrambled and was sacked near midfield. Linebacker Derrick Johnson's knee inadvertently hit Roethlisberger in the head as the quarterback hit the ground.

Charlie Batch entered the game at that point, the first time the veteran backup has taken a snap since the 2007 season.

Starting left guard Chris Kemoeatu also left the game with a sprained MCL in his right knee. A similar injury kept safety Troy Polamalu sidelined for four games but offensive lineman normally can return more quickly because of the nature of the position. However, Kemoeatu is still likely to miss a couple of games with the injury.

Read more: http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/09326/1015593-100.stm#ixzz0XdM7CuJS

None of this looks good for next week .

DanRooney
11-22-2009, 06:52 PM
Thanks for giving us useless info Tomlin. Have you fired Arians or Ligshit yet?

LatrobePA
11-22-2009, 06:54 PM
BEN LOOKED OUT OF IT ALL GAME!

Black@Gold Forever32
11-22-2009, 06:56 PM
I don't know how Ben looked out of it all game.....He only missed 10 passes and only 1 of the INT's was his fault........Ben wasn't to blame today......

LatrobePA
11-22-2009, 07:02 PM
Yea a pick in the endzone was money wasn't it!!

SteelCityKid5
11-22-2009, 07:07 PM
Latrobe, so his 3 TDs werent money but yet it was his fault for the defense giving up a 91 yard drive? Today wasnt all Bens fault. If we would you would have praised his ***.

LatrobePA
11-22-2009, 07:48 PM
Latrobe, so his 3 TDs werent money but yet it was his fault for the defense giving up a 91 yard drive? Today wasnt all Bens fault. If we would you would have praised his ***.

Alright I was wrong, he wasn't lame all game, actually pretty damn good, beg my ignorance I'm PO'd, sorry!! Yes if he won the game for them I would of all but "fixed his TV"!!

Here's my problem: Tomlin on Willie Parker "we're gonna run him until the wheels fall off" they did and he's pretty much **** now.

Ben: we're a pass first offence now, so my question is, has his wheels fallen off today with this hit to the head? That was a second down play that should of been a running play, not passing! The f'n coaches have to see this ****!

Count on multi pics from him each game and tons of hits. Throwing 42 time (and he wasn't finished) is bullshit!

PsychoWard
11-22-2009, 07:53 PM
Alright I was wrong, he wasn't lame all game, actually pretty damn good, beg my ignorance I'm PO'd, sorry!! Yes if he won the game for them I would of all but "fixed his TV"!!

Here's my problem: Tomlin on Willie Parker "we're gonna run him until the wheels fall off" they did and he's pretty much **** now.

Ben: we're a pass first offence now, so my question is, has his wheels fallen off today with this hit to the head? That was a second down play that should of been a running play, not passing! The f'n coaches have to see this ****!

Count on multi pics from him each game and tons of hits. Throwing 42 time (and he wasn't finished) is bullshit!

I am not so much mad at the play call as i am the fact that ben needs to learn to slide!!! I think he played very well today!! And just because he is a big guy doesn't mean he won't get hurt! There is no reason to take it head on there!

LatrobePA
11-22-2009, 07:56 PM
I am not so much mad at the play call as i am the fact that ben needs to learn to slide!!! I think he played very well today!! And just because he is a big guy doesn't mean he won't get hurt! There is no reason to take it head on there!

I think a QB is tought to go head first when your close to the 1st down marker, slide other wise. When head first the spot of the ball is where you stop sliding not when the knee hits like a normal slide...

PsychoWard
11-22-2009, 07:58 PM
I think a QB is tought to go head first when your close to the 1st down marker, slide other wise. When head first the spot of the ball is where you stop sliding not when the knee hits like a normal slide...
Who cares what there taught that was 2nd down no need for a 1st there and why risk injury if it is not necessary!!!

LatrobePA
11-22-2009, 08:01 PM
Who cares what there taught that was 2nd down no need for a 1st there and why risk injury if it is not necessary!!!

I agree 100% like I said it should of been a running play, Mendy was picking up some tough yards....

BlitzburghRockCity
11-23-2009, 12:01 AM
Ben was trying to be the hero and make the play to help us win the game, and in the process he didn't think and took the way wrong approach on that. We all love Ben for what he does but my God man, just friggin slide now and then please, you'll still get the damn first down!

Ibleedblk&gld
11-23-2009, 12:24 PM
398 pass yds and 3 TD's is NOT "looking out of it"

1 INT was tipped, and the other was just a bad decision...i think he did decent until going head first...

Goodfrom55
11-23-2009, 09:13 PM
BEN LOOKED OUT OF IT ALL GAME!

How so? he completed almost 75% of his passes, threw 3 TD's and almost 400 yards.
2 picks were not his fault.

--- Added 11/23/2009 at 08:13 PM ---

398 pass yds and 3 TD's is NOT "looking out of it"

1 INT was tipped, and the other was just a bad decision...i think he did decent until going head first...

There was the Heath tipped ball and the 2nd one, Ben was drilled as he was throwing it. Hines was open in the back of the endzone, but the ball never made it there because of the hit.