PDA

View Full Version : We need a change!

jtretz
11-22-2009, 05:11 PM
We are f''n terrible!!! Our coaching staff is absolutely brutal!

Our special teams suck, so what do we do? Release Arnold Harrison! Not the f'n coach. Our Offensive co-ordinator sucks! Our head coach sucks period! We can't beat the f'n Chiefs!!!! I"M glad we lost at the end because if we won in overtime it wouldn't of showed that our coaching staff sucks!!!!!! We are not worthy to be called the Super Bowl Champs!!! I hate the Patriots and Belicheck more than anyone but they would of beat the Chiefs 31-0!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!:cursin::cursin::cursin:

LatrobePA
11-22-2009, 05:12 PM
EZ bud, I agree with most of your post but your pissed as we all are (but I seen this coming). Tomlin is OK, but does need to shake things up ASAP...

OC Steel Curtain
11-22-2009, 05:19 PM
Special Teams... I have 2 words for that.. Anthony Madison.

pdawg86
11-22-2009, 05:26 PM
Maybe they should kick the damn ball out of bounds and let their oponent start at their own forty!!!

jpele
11-22-2009, 05:49 PM
4th Quarter K.C. 3rd and 9 at their own 10 three man rush,where was the coverage.? William Gay sucks.

Ward has a big day but he also dropes a critical first down pass that killed a drive

Holmes runs a bad route and misses blocks,the great catch and Super Bowl are long past.Yea I know he had a good second half

Tomlin fires Arnold Harrison and retains Bob Ligashesky ,hope this dynamic move helps. OOPS

This isn't on the coaches I can't explain it,but the Steelers have a bad habit of playing down to their competition. It happened under Cowher it happened in the last years of Noll and continues under Tomlin. There's no way the Chiefs should have been in this game,yet here we are with a loss to them.

Our offensive line that was looking so good, well they took 10 steps backwards in the past two weeks. K.C. was next to last in sacks yet Ben was running for his life all game. They couldn't open any holes for the running game. What happened ?

Can Mendenhall block or what , what was Parker doing in the game ?

Bruce Arians, please Mr. Rooney just pay the ransom for the pictures and let him walk away.

Big T
11-22-2009, 05:55 PM
After a Superbowl win, Mike Tomlin = Best coach in the league.

After regular season loss, Mike Tomlin needs to be fired.

Calm down people...this loss kills me too but we are still in it

Bruce Arians MUST be fired.

jpele
11-22-2009, 05:56 PM

If I hear Anthony Madison one more time I think I'll drink myself stupid. Madison plays for the Colts, its his third team this year for a reason.. When the Colts cut him, no I don't want the Steelers to pick him up. His best years are behind him.

DanRooney
11-22-2009, 06:02 PM
After a Superbowl win, Mike Tomlin = Best coach in the league.

After regular season loss, Mike Tomlin needs to be fired.

Calm down people...this loss kills me too but we are still in it

Bruce Arians MUST be fired.

No one ever thought Tomlin was the best coach in the league except homers. We all agreed that LeBeau was the best coordinator in the league after creating one of the best defenses of all time in 2008. All Mike did last year was improved the special teams. Look where it's at now...

per nfl.com
"The Steelers allowed the opening kickoff to be returned for a touchdown and have now allowed a return TD in an NFL-record eight straight games."

K Train
11-22-2009, 06:05 PM

hes not tht good....he had like 2 tackles on the browns during his stint there and they are punting alot, and he gets manhandled for the colts....the problem is jeff reed

steel-tex
11-22-2009, 06:56 PM
jeff reed is a puss he should try to tackle he don't even try - weak effort - not steeler material -- i would be ashamed if i were him - try jeff - try -thats all we ask - try to be the 11th man - **** --- how do you look in the mirror in the morning when you get up. do you not feel the need to stop a guy running for a touchdown on your kickoff ?????

LatrobePA
11-22-2009, 07:03 PM
Desep Dsucks too, where did his punts go??

DanRooney
11-22-2009, 07:35 PM
http://www.postgameheroes.com/?p=8314

By Dagger | November 22, 2009

Can’t be too upset about the loss today. Football is all about big plays and key moments. KC made them, PIT didnt.

1. Steelers give up KR TD to start the game. You almost deserve to lose the game right then and there.

2. Heath Miller drops an easy catch at the Kansas City 38 yard line. KC picks it off. 7 plays later they get a TD.

3. Big Ben throws an INT in the endzone….KC runs the ball back to the Steeler 8 yard line. Free field goal.

4. Biggest play of the game, Steelers in OT on the Chiefs 35 yard line. 3rd and two; Steelers have 2 chances to pick up the first or the can settle for a long FG. Instead, they run a sweep and lose 3 yards…..taking them out of FG range. Sepulveda punts the ball into the endzone. Horrible punt. 4 plays later the Chiefs are on the Steelers 4 yard line. Game over.
Great game statistically for a lot of guys but that doesn’t mean much. Steelers don’t look like a playoff team right now. Losing close games, horrible special teams, injury issues, cant finish opponents.

5. Ike Taylor drops an INT in overtime. 1 play later the Chiefs are on the Steelers 4 yard line.

Also, Big Ben has no business playing next week vs Baltimore after suffering a concussion. I don’t see the Steelers beating Baltimore with Charlie Batch under center. Our season is slipping away from us. We’ve somehow turned the easiest schedule in the NFL into a 6-4 start trending downwards.

Polamalu out 3-4 more weeks.

Aaron Smith out for season.

Kirschke out indefinitely.

Kemoeatu out with MCL sprain.

Big Ben out with concussion.

Tough times.

steel-tex
11-22-2009, 07:47 PM
he will at least make a tackle !!!!!

LatrobePA
11-22-2009, 08:26 PM
he will at least make a tackle !!!!!

Very true!

DanRooney
11-22-2009, 08:43 PM
Anyone have a link to the press conference?

LatrobePA
11-22-2009, 08:47 PM
Anyone have a link to the press conference?

www.bullshitcrapshitwelost.com

LOL, yes someone please post a link!

franchise3
11-22-2009, 09:23 PM
Look, Oline was hurt today due to injuries and we all know how thin our oline is so this was expected. We lost the game because of some brutal individual plays. Wallace, Miller, Ben (2nd INT), Gay, Sepulveda (last punt), Taylor. And of course kickoff return (as always). I am sure I forgot some other things. Arians was bad but we've seen him worse. IMHO, Tomlin is an average at best coach when it comes to football knowledge. What makes him a solid coach is his personality, speaking, motivation etc. Although it may seem hard to believe in that because of the recent results I think he did his part on motivating and getting players ready mentally. This loss hurts and it hurts me that we lost 4 games to average at best teams. Bears and Chiefs are horrible. Bengals are not that good IMO. That hurts. We showed up against big teams this year so let's hope we show up against rat birds next Sunday in prime time(yes, they are a big team IMO). Go Steelers!!!

franchise3
11-22-2009, 09:25 PM
Spot on! Not much to add except, I am very upset about the loss and I would add Gay's mistake on TD on that list of crucial plays. Go Steelers!!!

SteelCityKid5
11-22-2009, 10:03 PM
Those who kiss Tomlins *** last year and are now calling for him to be fired are complete idiots. Seriously, firing Tomlin? Yeah that would put us in an even better spot than we are. People in here get WAY too emotionally attached. I'm pretty damn sure this isnt what the players wanted and right now it isn't sitting well with them. If you knew how to run anteam you wouldnt be sitting on your *** in front of a computer pouring your emotions on to a message board, you'd be coaching. Yeah the loss sucked, not everything is going to go our way this season. They're 6-4 and in a rough spot. They can still turn things around. We're still one game back in the division. This season isn't over. I'm not a homer, I know things need fixed. What I think, is what's already been said on here. The special teams guy... isnt going too well, I doubt they would fire this guy this far in the season. Plus, its not just his fault. The players make the tackles not him. To be honest, I dont know his game plan or strategy when it comes to special teams. Arians, I could spend all day on here talking about him but, for now those are the cards were dealt with as fans. Players on this team need to step up but to say Tomlin should be fired is just absurd.

scott0326
11-22-2009, 11:54 PM
Firing Tomlin is pretty crazy... While this loss is a huge disappointment, especially considering every other team in North lost today, the season is not over..

Woodson_DownUnder
11-22-2009, 11:58 PM
I'm just as stunned as much the next Steeler fan upon this careless loss.

When the Steelers are leading by 10, why not play high percentage passing (screen in the flat) instead of giving it up for an open field INT which happened... hasn't Big Ben learned from previous experience?? Grrrrr.. :banging:

Any game vs a poor performing team can be a danger game if you play low percentage and why have the Steelers given up on running the ball ??? It's a team strength... but on the flipside... the O-line isn't, so I suppose the rest of the season will be more about the Steelers D making most of the chances given to disrupt the opposition to SAVE the team AGAIN.

NO such thing as a gimme WIN if you play low percentage football. Time for the brainstrust to pull their heads out of where the sun don't shine and PLAY SMASHMOUTH Football FFS!! :crossfingers:

UKSTEELER
11-23-2009, 04:06 AM
Mendy had looked hot in OT, gains of 7,7 and 8 I think.

So then needing just 3 yards to effectively seal the game we put our slowest running back in there instead and run a sweep for minus 3, unbelievable!!!

NCSteeler
11-23-2009, 05:57 AM
I go tno problem with Moore being in on that play. I think if you switch to Mendy you telegraph the play, but a sweep is a terrible play for MM. A run up the middle would have been much better.

DanRooney
11-23-2009, 06:19 AM
Here's some thoughts

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zX4ox7aX_wc

JensK
11-23-2009, 07:12 AM
I really really think that this loss has to be addressed on both players and coaches, especially Mike Tomlin. I know, its B.A. who calls the plays, but we can't keep calling for his head, becaues it won't happen untill Tomlin has the balls to fire him, which is why Tomlin should be the one to be blamed here. B.A. is what he is, we have known that for a while now. Tomlin needs to step up and prepare this team, that means both players and coaches.

ST is horrid, probably the worst in 15 years or so - Tomlin has not done a freaking thing to fix it - To fire one player and then hope that changes rest of the 10 men is not going to fix a thing. We constantly miss 4-5 tackles.

B.A. calls the most weird calls i have ever seen - Tomlin goes out and protect the guy.

And the worst damn part is, the players are noticing too. There is a few interviews already, where Ward seems pretty displeased with the coaching staff. Hes said that the coaches should take a deep look in the mirror, and if he was on ST he would do something to change it. He also said that its B.A. who calls the plays, so they'll just have to go with those. When a player like Ward goes out and question the coachingstaff, its normally a sign that something has to be done. I know that Ward havnt said straight out that he is not satisfied with the coaches, but reading between the lines, i think its pretty clear.

Steelers forgot about Mendenhall late
Monday, November 23, 2009
By Gene Collier, Pittsburgh Post-Gazette
Peter Diana/Post-Gazette

Steelers running back Rashard Mendenhall accounted for 116 yards combined rushing and receiving yesterday.

KANSAS CITY, Mo. -- Remember when it was fashionable to trash Rashard Mendenhall, to snark on his fumbling, riff on his evident indecision, bewail his questionable status as a force for good on an offense laced with All-Pros and Super Bowl MVPs?

Well there's good news: Rashard Mendenhall's progression might have made him the best player on the field yesterday. Too bad the rest of the organization blew past him in the opposite direction.

Losing to the Kansas City Chiefs probably isn't the worst thing you can do in this league, but its degree of difficulty might suggest otherwise. Until yesterday, you should note, the Chiefs hadn't won twice in a row in more than two years.

"That is not us; it won't be us, but it was us today," Steelers coach Mike Tomlin said in a postgame, fast-distilling a 27-24 overtime loss into an audio edition of US Magazine.

The head coach forcefully accepted full responsibility for the Steelers' second loss in eight days, but it was intriguing that some of the uniformed personnel seemed to indicate general support for that assessment.

"The coaches have to put us in a better position," said Hines Ward, as tenured a Steelers player as you can find and a man who had just wasted a 10-catch, 128-yard performance. "All of us have to look in the mirror, but we're all in this together; the coaches have to evaluate themselves as much was we do."

The first thing Tomlin and his offensive staff have to ask themselves is whether they trust Mendenhall to win a game for them, because even though he nearly had done exactly that without authorization in 60 minutes of 600 Steelers mistakes, they still utilized him in the overtime like he was Plan 9 From Outer Space.

Mind you, there would have been no overtime without Mendenhall.

Without Mendenhall, the Steelers lose in regulation.

It was Mendenhall, lest anyone forget, who had the cardio and the will to gallop more than 100 yards to chase down Chiefs linebacker Andy Studebaker at the Steelers' 8 late in the third quarter. Studebaker, making his first career start, had taken off on a coast-to-coast flight with a misdirected Ben Roethlisberger pass he had collected 2 yards deep in his own end zone. Mendenhall turned a certain touchdown into a Chiefs field goal, keeping the score tied at that point, then beat the coverage on a quick post to pull in an 8-yard touchdown pass that put the Steelers back on top, 24-17, with 8:35 remaining.

The blown coverages in the Steelers' secondary, part of a systems-wide breakdown from one end of this Missouri lawn to the other, resulted in a tying touchdown less than four minutes later. But in a game when Mendenhall would account for 116 yards rushing and receiving, the Steelers ran exactly one play for him over two possessions in the final 4:54.

"I felt like we had a good balance between running and passing," Mendenhall said diplomatically.

The imbalanced balance yesterday was 42 passes, 29 runs. The Steelers haven't had a rushing touchdown since Oct. 19, but it looked suspiciously like they were capable of one in the overtime. Mendenhall got 7 yards on a first-and-10, 7 yards on the next first-and-10, then 8 on second-and-10 to the Kansas City 35.

But on third-and-2, or just one first down from a winning field goal, offensive coordinator Bruce Arians sent Mewelde Moore wide right on a toss play. A stampede of red shirts put Moore on the grass for a loss of 3, leaving Tomlin no choice but to punt.

"I guess if they go zero -- and all-out blitz, we might have been able to pop one outside on them," said Charlie Batch, suddenly in the game after Roethlisberger took a knee to the head from linebacker Derrick Johnson. "But they didn't."

"We tried to get a perimeter run there," Tomlin said. "We were at the outer edge of field-goal range."

"I guess we thought we could catch them in something," Ward said. "I cracked down on the end, but it didn't work. If you run something else and it doesn't work, maybe it's fourth-and-1 and you give us a chance. But when you lose 3 yards, you have no choice but to punt. The play call is what it is; we have to execute it."

Four plays later, Chiefs wideout Chris Chambers took a short Matt Cassel pass 61 yards through a fractured Steelers secondary to the spot of the winning field goal.

That the Steelers lost on the road for the third time this year (more than all of last year) is one thing, but that they lost to a team that is 90 percent talent-free speaks poorly of their pridefulness.

"We'll get it corrected, whatever it is," shrugged nose tackle Casey Hampton. "We can still win 12 games, so it don't matter. Twelve will get you in to the playoffs."

I don't know if playing 'em six at a time will be very productive, but being a little more trustful of No. 34 certainly ought to be.