PDA

View Full Version : Predict Tomlins Comments...

Zachintosh66
11-22-2009, 05:07 PM
Lets all take turns predicting the same things Tomlin says every week...

Ill take the easiest one:
"Troy is questionable this week."

DanRooney
11-22-2009, 05:09 PM
Question: Coach, the Steelers are on pace to break the record for the most kickoff returns in a season. Obviously, your move to cut Arnold and bring in Woods didn't have much of an impact. Are you thinking about making similar coaching personnel moves? (Hint: Ligashesky)

"It is what it is."

Coach, what about Ligashesky?

"We don't hold too much water into our coaching of special teams. When it comes down to your special teams coach making a tackle, then that means your coverage needs work."

What?

"We'll take Troy's injury day to day. Umm...we'll hold him and the rest of the vets out of practice on Tuesday"

...ok. Well, whats wrong with the offensive line who seemed to be playing great up until 2 weeks ago?

"It's a double-edged sword. Ben likes to hold th..."

Coach, the pocket absolutely collapsed several times today. Surely your not going to give the same around-the-bush excuse again.

"It is what it is."

steelersbabex25
11-22-2009, 05:12 PM
"It is what it is"

hahaha. thats great.

BlitzburghRockCity
11-22-2009, 05:20 PM
"We've got some thingd to iron out with the coverage units, we acknowledge that and we take responsibility for that"

"We're not going to hit the panic button, there's still a lot of football to be played. "

"Troy will be week to week, we'll see how he does in practice later in the week and make an evaluation then on his status for Baltimore"

:blah:

SteelCityKid5
11-22-2009, 07:11 PM
I love Tomlin I'm not knocking on him but, "We have to back into the lab and analyze where we are as a football group."

Ambridge
11-22-2009, 07:42 PM
"Let me start this Press Conference by saying that I just Fired Bruce Arians"!!

Captcoolhand
11-22-2009, 07:54 PM
"Let me start this Press Conference by saying that I just Fired Bruce Arians"!!I wish that was true but I don't think he has big enough balls to fire his mentor, :cursin:
I don't think he's confident enough to make that call and bring in another person. :2cents:
And as long as they aren't losing like the Browns, no one else will say nothing neither.

LatrobePA
11-22-2009, 07:54 PM
bla bla bla bla and more bla bla bla!

bla bla Bruce and I are best friends, bla bla bla I love him bla bla bla!

SteelCityKid5
11-22-2009, 10:10 PM
Tomlin wont fire Arians because Ben loves Arians. I don't like him either but, the move definitely won't happen until after the season is over. I'd be useless now. Even if they did, who would take over?

LatrobePA
11-22-2009, 10:35 PM
Tomlin wont fire Arians because Ben loves Arians. I don't like him either but, the move definitely won't happen until after the season is over. I'd be useless now. Even if they did, who would take over?

My daughters 2nd grade art teacher could put together a better game plan, should I get her an app.?lol

STEELER 4 LIFE
11-22-2009, 11:35 PM
PRESS CONFERENCE STEELERS-CHIEFS

Let me start this by saying our kick coverage once again was below the line. So you might as well prepare for the worst and hope
for the best each week in this regard-thats the reality of it!
Next would be the suspect play calling. Well the grim reality of it is that we will never win style points with bruce. His play calling exposes ourself to potentially losing every week, which ultimately
was what happened. He has a nice resume in that regard. So we will put this L with the rest of them, head back to the lab and prepare for the next challenge. Maybe by then bruce will have his head out of his *** and return our offense to championship calibur.
Troy will not play next week, carter will. We accept that and will not use that as an excuse. The standard does not change in that regard, it is what it is. Such is life in the nfl.
In closing i would like to say that with an idiot calling our plays it is unlikely we will consistantly play winning football. One day i will have to acknowledge that and have to take full responsibility for it. Please don't hit the panic button just yet. With each terrible play called our players will not blink, they will show their mettle.