PDA

View Full Version : Last SB Championship for a loooooong time

NYCsteelersfan
11-22-2009, 05:37 PM
I'm so happy we won last year, I really am. Because I know that us winning last year was the culmination of a near perfect defense and Roethlisberger making the clutch play nearly every single time he was called upon to do so. Only problem is that it won't happen again for a loooooong time.

I'm sure the Bruce Arian's Kool-Aid started tasting great for some but those of us who watched with an objective eye knew that this offense absolutely sucked last year and not a single issue was addressed in the offseason except for the acquistion of Mike Wallace, which really doesn't fix anything, but is just more of a bonus.

The offfensive line was dispicable last year and nothing was done. Tomlin continues to use Parker and remains clueless offensively. Bruce Arians has run this offense as if he's auditioning for a head coaching job by stat patting the **** out of the offensive pass numbers, getting him on ESPN more often, all at the cost of a balanced offensive attack. And as we've witnessed his chickens have finally come home to roost.

If we hadn't won it all last season, I wonder if Arians would even be here this season. And I wonder how many seasons of sloppy football Tomlin and Arians have bought with that Championship win. All I know is that it's a damn good thing I got to see them win again last year cause I have a feeling they won't be winning it again for a loooooong:tt02::tt02::tt02: time.

OC Steel Curtain
11-22-2009, 05:41 PM
We ALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL know Steelers never go out like punks. We will see what happens.

RIVERS OF STEEL
11-22-2009, 05:45 PM
Pittsburgh Pennsylvania will be short on tolerance of this disgusting display of incompetence. Hey, isn't the Boss overseas kissing foreign butts. In other words, who is running the ship here? problems, problems, problems that know one seems to be addressing. no sir. have to agree. not this year.

J.OTSTOTT
11-22-2009, 05:54 PM
Not this year and not next year if they do not FIX THE O LINE! I AM SORRY! I would butcher all of them and get some REAL players out there.

V_83
11-22-2009, 06:04 PM
You might be over exaggerating just a little bit.

OC Steel Curtain
11-22-2009, 06:08 PM

yea i think a tad bit

NYCsteelersfan
11-22-2009, 06:39 PM

yea i think a tad bit

2008-17th in passing
2008-23rd in rushing
2008-20th overall

2009-8th in passing
2009-17th in rushing
2009-15th overall

My appologies, we have improved since last year.

Regardless, the stars were aligned for us to have won with that offensive play-calling, scheme, and line. The defense was ridiculously good, Roethlisberger was ridiculously clutch, and the Ward, Holmes, and Miller were great as always. But unless the stars align again, there's no way we're winning with this offenseive line and offensive coordinator ever again.

V_83
11-22-2009, 06:44 PM
2008-17th in passing
2008-23rd in rushing
2008-20th overall

2009-8th in passing
2009-17th in rushing
2009-15th overall

My appologies, we have improved since last year.

Regardless, the stars were aligned for us to have won with that offensive play-calling, scheme, and line. The defense was ridiculously good, Roethlisberger was ridiculously clutch, and the Ward, Holmes, and Miller were great as always. But unless the stars align again, there's no way we're winning with this offenseive line and offensive coordinator ever again.

Just because we don't look like a superbowl contender right now does not mean that we won't next year, or the year after that, or the year after that, etc...

Who knows, maybe Tomlin starts making some decisions and acting on them and come playoff time we start playing like we actually know what were doing and how to do it.

Of course if we continue to play like we did today, then all we can look forward to is the draft. We're definitely better than that, we just need to get our act together and on the same page.

Scorp
11-22-2009, 10:29 PM
The season is not over yet. Let's see what happens in the next 3-4 games.

NYCsteelersfan
12-11-2009, 02:37 AM
A looooooooooong long time

scott0326
12-11-2009, 03:08 AM
A looooooooooong long time

Yeah, because nothing will change from now and next season, how does 1 bad season mean a super bowl wont be won again for a "long time"?

Steel Trap86
12-11-2009, 03:21 AM
This just isn't there year, they suck. It's relatively the same roster that won the Superbowl last season, but things change. Just like it should change next season...we could very easily make it back to a Superbowl any year once we get our swagger back.

No way am I defending the bullshit play by this team tonight, they should be ****ing ashamed of themselves.

Clevelandsux
12-11-2009, 04:00 AM
I don't believe we will be down for a longtime. Yes this is dissapointing. Us Steelers fans might take winning for granted. Well times like these should make you appreciate it more.
We were 8-8 in 06 after winning the SB.

I think we will make the necessary changes.

KSSteelerfan
12-11-2009, 04:05 AM
I hope that changes are made very soon......:duh:

K Train
12-11-2009, 04:27 AM
shut up...the team is struggling, its not permanent

steelersgal86
12-11-2009, 07:31 AM

:iagree: :wtf: you can win the super bowl every year.....just because we are stuggling this season does not mean we will next

Phenomenal TJ
12-11-2009, 08:03 AM
Already giving up on next season?

A Steelers fan in Lion's clothing?

And so what if we don't win it next year? It's not like our favorite team is a perennial loser. Sh!t. I used to wonder why us Steelers fans are hated less than only the Cowboys fans, but this kind of makes it a little more clear.

How would you feel if your team consistently had a pick in the top five? How would you feel if your team never won a game? How would you feel if your team's coaching staff was a revolving door due to lack of success?

So, we're more than likely shut down for the year, it sucks, trust me I feel it too. But I got over it because there's no sense in whining. You just have to look ahead. Granted, I don't know your age, but I'll rest assured that you've seen your team win at least two Super Bowls and win the AFC North countless times.

Sorry, but I'm just about out of patience with the Pittsburgh Pity Parties happening after every loss.

Blazedby92
12-11-2009, 08:19 AM

Thank you I glad someone said it

--- Added 12/11/2009 at 06:19 AM ---

Already giving up on next season?

A Steelers fan in Lion's clothing?

Sorry, but I'm just about out of patience with the Pittsburgh Pity Parties happening after every loss.

:plus1::plus1::plus1::plus1:

andyg1984
12-11-2009, 08:29 AM
some of the problems are more serious than others .. the defense is looking OLD and the secondary in particular just sucks ..

Prosdo
12-11-2009, 09:03 AM

I agree K. This is why I get so frustrated with some Steeler fans sometimes.

zulater
12-11-2009, 09:55 AM
We ALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL know Steelers never go out like punks. We will see what happens.

So much for that theory.

--- Added 12/11/2009 at 07:55 AM ---

:iagree: :wtf: you can win the super bowl every year.....just because we are stuggling this season does not mean we will next

What you have to ask yourself is will the people they have in place be up to the job of fixing this franchise?

I'll put it another way. I think much of the problem this year stems from "Camp cupcake". The inmates are running the asylum so to speak. The veterans have Tomlin wrapped around their collective pinkies. As a result there's no accountability on this team. Mental and physical errors by the core veterans are met with indifference by the coaching staff. Maybe kick Limas Sweed to the curb or cut another special teams scrub. But Santonio, you can miss your hot route and cost your offense a sack, incompletion or possibly a turnover and nothing will be said. Drop a couple td's in the end zone? No problem, we'll cut Donavan Woods. Ben come to camp 15 pounds overweight and never do much to improve it. No biggie, you're above being called out. Throw red zone interception's on a weekly basis, going to call you out. Hell no, you the man Ben. Hines Ward air your teams dirty laundry on national tv. ( think that happens on a Bellichick or Parcel's team) no biggie, the guys will handle it in the locker room.

Long story short, I don't want a coach that wants to be buds with his stars. We need Tomlin to chew these guys a new one and hold them accountable when they show an obvious lack of focus, when they stray from fundamental techniques, when they show a lack of disipline on the field by taking pre and post snap penalties.

I hope I'm wrong, but usually once you become buddies with the guys it's hard to go back to being a badass and having them take you seriously.

NYCsteelersfan
12-11-2009, 12:54 PM
For those on the mods sack, I said long time, not permanent. And yes I'm going into next year with very negative expectations cause even if Arians is fired before next season starts, which I have a feeling he won't be, fact of the matter is that Tomlin himself will still be there. And we're never winning another one until the beneficiary of the Rooney rule is gone.

You all want to keep fanatasizing that he won the SB for anything that had to do with his coaching ability, that's fine. I know Roethlisberger had one of the most clutch seasons I've ever seen a QB have and the defense was absolutely insane. We won in spite of the head coach and offensive coordinator, not because of them. The chances of the stars alligning without having a competent head coach are slim.

coldrolled
12-11-2009, 01:08 PM
For those on the mods sack, I said long time, not permanent. And yes I'm going into next year with very negative expectations cause even if Arians is fired before next season starts, which I have a feeling he won't be, fact of the matter is that Tomlin himself will still be there. And we're never winning another one until the beneficiary of the Rooney rule is gone.

You all want to keep fanatasizing that he won the SB for anything that had to do with his coaching ability, that's fine. I know Roethlisberger had one of the most clutch seasons I've ever seen a QB have and the defense was absolutely insane. We won in spite of the head coach and offensive coordinator, not because of them. The chances of the stars alligning without having a competent head coach are slim.

Tomlin will stay... Arians needs to go.

If we score 5-10 points more a game or actually score in each quarter of each game,
even 3 points in each of our blankless qtrs this year. we are 11-2..

Play Calling is awful...

Goodfrom55
12-11-2009, 03:43 PM
For all the Chicken Little's out there, Steelers can't win the Super Bowl every year. In the past 43 years, our Steelers, the winningest team has 6 championships. That is a success rate of 13%.

Disappoiting year? Absolutely. Are the doomed for the next 15 years? No.

steel-tex
12-11-2009, 03:50 PM
I AGREE WITH ZULATER - MANY GOOD POINTS - IT ALL STARTS WITH THE COACHES - AND WE HAVE ONE GOOD ONE ON THE DEFENCIVE SIDE. OUR SPECIAL TEAMS ARE THE WORST EVER !!! WE SCRAP A COUPLE PLAYERS - NOT THE COACH - HE COACHED EM -GUESS NONE OF THEM WERE LISTENING - BAD COACHING -

TEEMONT
12-11-2009, 09:07 PM
I for one am excitedd for next year...(and the next 3 games) with the lack of production thi syear, there should be some interesting off-season moves.

Our D is a little old, and its time to re-load in certain positions. Farrior is more than liekly gone maybe retiring next year. mcfadden hurt a lot more than I would have thought at the beginning of the year. Aaron Smith may need someone to compete with him in camp as well. He just seems injury prone to me, either way he is getting old. Its obvious they need to build up at other positions, they cant rely on Troy being there all the time.

Stlrs4Life
12-11-2009, 09:23 PM
I agree, we can't win it every year. What pisses me off to no end is the way we are losing, not the fact that we are losing.

BlacknGold Bleeder
12-11-2009, 10:44 PM
this is the first year in a LOOOOONG time that we won't be competing in the playoffs or will end up with a .500 record. That hardly dooms this team to the depths of the league for years to come. Bottom line is we expect more from our beloved STEELERS , we are spoiled and take winning for granted. It is something we as STEELER fans expect!!