PDA

View Full Version : Couple Steelers Questions About This Year

OC Steel Curtain
11-22-2009, 07:04 AM
I have a couple questions about this year:
1. What's the deal with Hood? He's been real quiet.
2. Where is "Redzone" Redman? Not on the PS is he?

We miss a good Fullback. :banging:

Thank You.

coldrolled
11-22-2009, 08:14 AM

Thank You.

Bruce cant use a FB. He doesnt need one.

Watch Cinci if they have another injury, they will have to move Fui Vakapuna FB 260lb
down to there PS, they have him on the roster now and are protecting him because they like him, he could be a pick for us if BA gave up and ruined Summers for us already.

JensK
11-22-2009, 09:07 AM

Thank You.

1. Hood is a rookie on the defense, which mean you'll hardly ever hear about him the first year. Hes been getting snaps because of injuries to Smith and Kirschke, but he have not done anything while playing really. Problem is, he is not build for a 3-4 defense, so it'll take a while before you'll hear anything about him, because he has to make the transition from 4-3 end to a 3-4 lineman.

2. Redzone Redman, as you name him, is on PS yes. He was activated for one game but did not touch the ball one time. He is a typical Training Camp wonder who plays well against 3 stringers, but won't really do much. He did not seem to have the kind of talent that everybody thinks he had, since he was not signed by any other of the 31 teams before he was put on PS.

3. We drafted Frank Summers who was supposed to be a fullback, but he have been put on IR after some VERY lackluster performances. He is another one of these Youtube wonders, who plays good against bad players. Carey Davis has been injured, although when he was signed again (after being released) i actually think he has done a decent job. The Coaches, however, is really high on this TE Johnson, who was drafted 7th overall this year. He has been getting some snaps as Fullback, and has done an OK job.

SteelCityKid5
11-22-2009, 09:07 AM
1. He's on the D-line so you wont hear much about him. He been in there doing a solid job for a rookie.

2. He IS on the PS. BA and co. like David Johnson as their fullback.

75Steeler
11-22-2009, 12:10 PM
I think we will be hearing and seeing a bunch of both next season. I really like what I saw in Redman and Ziggy at camp and preseason. Ziggy was like a big kid with a new toy. He is also really into us fans he was throwing his gloves into the crowd and talking to kids.