PDA

View Full Version : Harrisson fined for late 4th quarter hit

Steel Trap86
11-20-2009, 12:13 AM
The NFL has fined outside linebacker James Harrison $5,000 for hitting Bengals tackle Andrew Whitworth in the Steelers '18-12 loss to Cincinnati last Sunday.

Harrison shoved Whitworth in the face after a play in the fourth quarter.

He drew an unnecessary roughness penalty, costing the Steelers' 15 yards.

www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsburghtrib/sports/steelers/s_654020.html

I remember this late in the game, Whitworth was talking smack and hit him, Harrisson hit him back, but they always get the second guy. I just hope this doesn't trigger a bunch of bullshit fines like what we went through last season.

Stlrs4Life
11-20-2009, 07:08 AM
Was a dumb penalty to take. He deserves the fine.

jpele
11-20-2009, 07:14 AM

Whats even dumber is hitting a man in the helmet, thats gotta hurt.

franchise3
11-20-2009, 07:28 AM
What's even dumber is his take on it:
Whitworth pushed Harrison in the back after a 2-yard gain by RB Bernard Scott, prompting Harrison to retaliate with a punch. "He pushed me in the back so I turned around and hit him in his head," Harrison said. Asked if he knew that would result in a 15-yard penalty, Harrison said, "I didn't care nothing about that at the time."

BlitzburghRockCity
11-20-2009, 08:36 AM
That's what James is all about; he's tough, takes no **** from anyone, he's not afraid to get in someone's face. I seem to remember another Steeler linebacker that was like that and seemed to have a pretty nice career in spite of the occasional personal foul *coughcough Greg Lloyd coughcough* . It's part of the Steeler linebacker tradition, to have a mean, pissed off, generally get in your face, type of linebacker on the field.

Nobody is going to get upset about it, or go crazy over it. I'll take the occasional personal foul anytime, because his play 99.9% of the time overshadows anything like this.

75Steeler
11-20-2009, 10:50 AM
I think the NFL needs to take another look at this. #1 Harrison was hit first and it was obvious so where is that player's fine and penalty?

#2 this is a contact sport those guys are jacked up during the game. It didn't lead to an all out fight. Let them have a few smacks and shoves. It will only bring more fans to the game.

If Lambert were playing the game today he wouldnt have a paycheck left at the end of the season because of all of the fines. But that was a different NFL and a different era.

Blazedby92
11-20-2009, 11:03 AM
That's what James is all about; he's tough, takes no **** from anyone, he's not afraid to get in someone's face. I seem to remember another Steeler linebacker that was like that and seemed to have a pretty nice career in spite of the occasional personal foul *coughcough Greg Lloyd coughcough* . It's part of the Steeler linebacker tradition, to have a mean, pissed off, generally get in your face, type of linebacker on the field.

Nobody is going to get upset about it, or go crazy over it. I'll take the occasional personal foul anytime, because his play 99.9% of the time overshadows anything like this.

:cope::plus1:

I hope he hits him again when they meet, adrenaline is pumping and someone hits me, most likely I would hit em too.

LatrobePA
11-20-2009, 11:07 AM

What he said!

J.OTSTOTT
11-20-2009, 11:57 AM
Yeah from what I remember it was the other guy who started it. Anybody who thinks they will hit Silverback and get away with it has no brain!

Blazedby92
11-20-2009, 12:12 PM
Yeah from what I remember it was the other guy who started it. Anybody who thinks they will hit Silverback and get away with it has no brain!

:cope: Hope he does it again, if I had $5000 I would pay it for him.

By the way nice SIG

Stillerz Bar
11-20-2009, 05:50 PM
:cope: Hope he does it again, if I had $5000 I would pay it for him.
The $$ isn't the issue, he can certainly afford $5K .... the 15 yeards at a key time of the game and losing time on the clock, those are a big deal and no matter how much he wants to clock the guy he needs to refrain from it. Its feasbile (though we'll never know) that this fine could mean the difference between a bye / at least 1 home game and the long road in the playoffs.

J.OTSTOTT
11-20-2009, 08:51 PM
The $$ isn't the issue, he can certainly afford $5K .... the 15 yeards at a key time of the game and losing time on the clock, those are a big deal and no matter how much he wants to clock the guy he needs to refrain from it. Its feasbile (though we'll never know) that this fine could mean the difference between a bye / at least 1 home game and the long road in the playoffs.

I can agree with that, you make a great point. But we are talking about James here the guy is crazy lol!!! And Blazedby92 thanks for the feedback on the sig.

Zachintosh66
11-20-2009, 11:34 PM
He's lucky he didnt get tossed.

Troyisabeast_43
11-21-2009, 12:17 AM
I said the samething when I saw him pop the guy too. Harrison really needs to start controlling his emotions a lot better. His thug like mentality of knocking guys in the head and punching people is getting a little old now for my liking...

Dean Denton
11-21-2009, 02:03 PM
Didn't he learn anything from SB XLIII? You cant do that. He deserves the fine. You dont hit. Hitting is bad. He needs to learn to act. He should have fallen down after he was pushed. He needs to take notes from kickers....lol

Zachintosh66
11-21-2009, 03:24 PM
Didn't he learn anything from SB XLIII? You cant do that. He deserves the fine. You dont hit. Hitting is bad. He needs to learn to act. He should have fallen down after he was pushed. He needs to take notes from kickers....lol

Just not Jeff Reed...

Blazedby92
11-21-2009, 05:08 PM
Steeler linebacker mentality, Hit em again James, We don't get push around. If 15 yards and the clock lost the game for us we don't have a chance at the SB.:tt02: