PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs' Bowe suspended.....

DIESELMAN
11-17-2009, 03:07 PM
ESPN reports Kansas City Chiefs WR Dwayne Bowe has been suspended four games by the NFL for violating its policy against using performance-enhancing substances. Bowe's suspension will begin immediately, the team said Tuesday, adding it would not comment further.

ESPN’s Adam Shefter reports (http://twitter.com/Adam_Schefter)Bowe was taking a diuretic to lose weight in training camp and knew the suspension was coming. Knowing he was unlikely to win in appeal, Bowe decided not to fight the decision.

Bowe will miss games against the Steelers, Chargers, Broncos, and Bills. He’ll then return for the final three games of the year, against the Browns, Bengals, and Broncos.

Players can face suspension for performance enhancing substances for testing positive for anabolic steroids, or certain diuretics that are considered masking agents. Players can also be suspended for failing to show up for testing. There’s no word (http://www.bobgretz.com/chiefs-football/nfl-suspends-dwayne-bowe.html)on what Bowe’s situation might be.

The last Chiefs player suspended for performance enhancing substances was OL John Welbourn. He missed the first six games of the 2006 season, after serving a four-game suspension in 2005.

Link (http://www.kcchiefsblog.com/dwayne-bowe/dwayne-bowe-suspended-4-games?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+kcchiefsblog+%28The+Red+%26+G old+Report+--+kcchiefsblog.com%29)

It was bound to happen sooner or later. I'm surprised it took this long. :greengrin:

K Train
11-17-2009, 03:25 PM
damnit i needed him this week in fantasy

Troyisabeast_43
11-17-2009, 03:29 PM
Even more of a reason the Steelers should destroy the Chiefs on Sunday. They have one of the worst offenses in football and one of if not the worst offensive line in football as well. They have given up a ton of sacks. Harrison and Woodley should have a field day with pressuring Cassel this week...

jpele
11-17-2009, 03:33 PM
EHarrison and Woodley should have a field day with pressuring Cassel this week...

It's getting a little old waiting for Woodley to do something.

Troyisabeast_43
11-17-2009, 03:41 PM

Well it should happen this week. This is going to be an excellent week for the Steelers to right the ship and put up solid numbers in all phases of the game because the Chiefs are a horrific football team...

75Steeler
11-17-2009, 05:00 PM
We need to deliver someone a world class *** kicking to take the sting out of Sunday's performace.

Big T
11-17-2009, 05:38 PM

He's been getting monster pressure lately...you can't just look at sacks.

LatrobePA
11-17-2009, 05:59 PM
I hate to be a Debbie Downer, but don't be suprised if a nobody or rookie steps up for them this weekend....Just say'n!!

SteelerSteve
11-18-2009, 02:38 AM
The Steelers SHOULD destroy the chiefs, but as we all know they have been known to play down to lousy teams and I am still nervous lol

LatrobePA
11-18-2009, 09:42 AM
If this game is anything less than 38-10 then it's a loss in my book!!

Remember last year what happened to Cassel behind a much better line???

Troyisabeast_43
11-18-2009, 04:29 PM
If this game is anything less than 38-10 then it's a loss in my book!!

Remember last year what happened to Cassel behind a much better line???

Yea he got destroyed just like he will this Sunday in Kansas City. Im telling you the Chiefs o line might be one of the worst o-lines in the history of the National Football League it's that bad. Unlike the Lions and Browns games earlier this season I really dont expect this game to be close or in doubt at all come Sunday...