PDA

View Full Version : Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Arians

lloydfan4life
11-17-2009, 07:38 AM
by Joseph Sirimarco
Contributor Written on November 15, 2009

What are we to make of the Steelers' schizophrenic offense this season?

Good one game, bad the next. Bad in the first half, good in the second. This offense does not look like it is being run by an offensive coordinator. It looks like it is being run by TWO offensive coordinators. Namely, Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Arians.

Just a couple of examples should suffice, one against a bad team and one against a good team.

Against Detroit: The Steelers lead had just been cut to 14-13 after an interception returned for a touchdown. Ben asks Mike Tomlin to go to the no-huddle. Quicker than the blink of a gnat's eyelash, the Steelers are leading 28-13.

Against Denver: Same thing. Terrible first half offense. In the second half, an interception returned for a touchdown to give Denver a 10-7 lead. Immediately afterward, two drives using the no-huddle, two touchdowns.

And speaking of the no-huddle, last season the Steelers played eight games (including the Super Bowl) in which they had to drive for the winning score in the last three minutes or so of the game. They won six of those games. In all six they used the no-huddle with Ben calling the plays. In the other two they did not use the no-huddle, Mr. Arians called the plays, and they lost.

The Steelers did not win because of Mr. Arians last year. They won in spite of him. Mr. Arians' offense did not win the Super Bowl last year. Ben's offense did.

The offensive play calling and performance in the most recent loss to Cincinnati is just the latest evidence of this.....

...Link to the rest of the article (http://bleacherreport.com/articles/291107-the-strange-case-of-dr-jekyll-and-mr-arians)

franchise3
11-17-2009, 08:15 AM
Look, I agree completely but it is starting to be like beating the dead horse. I don't think that Arians' family and friends think he is doing a good job anymore. I have to admit that early on in the season I was saying that the Steelers are more of a passing team now but that was back when Parker couldn't get more than 2 yards per carry. Now that we see how good Mendy is, Steelers need to have a healthy balance, not 18-40 but more like 28-30.

LatrobePA
11-17-2009, 08:41 AM
I enjoy beating a dead horse! F BA and his lousy crap, he couldn't hold a job in Cleveland, freaking Cleveland fired him....He and Ben are to damn close, which isn't GOOD! Ben needs some control, Tomlin is also on Bens nuts, thus BA still has a job!

lloydfan4life
11-17-2009, 08:47 AM
yeah... but the dead horse is still alive and kicking on the Steelers sidlines. I think it IS time to beat the dead horse.

DIESELMAN
11-17-2009, 09:04 AM
I'm all for beating the dead horse....**** the dumb ****. Now is the perfect time to kick the offense into high gear and get on a roll for the playoffs. BA (Bitch ***) needs to seriously un**** himself and hand the reins over to Tomlin and Ben.

LatrobePA
11-17-2009, 09:32 AM
I'm all for beating the dead horse....**** the dumb ****. Now is the perfect time to kick the offense into high gear and get on a roll for the playoffs. BA (Bitch ***) needs to seriously un**** himself and hand the reins over to Tomlin and Ben.

I'll take it!

franchise3
11-17-2009, 10:03 AM
I guess I am just frustrated with the fact that he won't be fired this year. Every week we are talking about the same thing. It is a huge issue but nothing will be done about it. It sucks!

LatrobePA
11-17-2009, 10:25 AM
I guess I am just frustrated with the fact that he won't be fired this year. Every week we are talking about the same thing. It is a huge issue but nothing will be done about it. It sucks!

It does suck, and us fans just have to deal with it....

igor0190
11-17-2009, 10:33 AM
In all seriousness I think that the fans and people on here overreact about a lot of things. For example the O-line.
But... the one thing I think is painfully obvious is that Bruce Arians does not have a feel for calling plays and allowing us to have successful drives. I think the fans are dead on with this one. BA needs to get his head out of his #ss.

LatrobePA
11-17-2009, 10:41 AM
Our offense has NO balance at all! It's a complete mess at times, how can't the head coach see this? How can BA keep calling bad games??? Imagine if this O had the proper balance, Mendy would be right up there and Ben would have a clean jersey!

Our O at times looks like my dog shitting, ALL OVER THE PLACE!

75Steeler
11-17-2009, 10:44 AM
Something needs to change and it starts with BA. I don't care who he is or where we get him from but the Steelers need to thank BA for his service and send him packing.

LatrobePA
11-17-2009, 10:51 AM
Charlie Weis (SP) will be looking for work soon!

Big T
11-17-2009, 11:15 AM
Charlie Weis (SP) will be looking for work soon!

F*ck Charlie Weis.

LatrobePA
11-17-2009, 11:17 AM
**** Charlie Weis.

lol I was sturring the pot knowing the history!!

Big T
11-17-2009, 11:27 AM
lol I was sturring the pot knowing the history!!

Oh I know...but still, you can't joke around like that.

franchise3
11-17-2009, 11:37 AM
Our offense has NO balance at all! It's a complete mess at times, how can't the head coach see this? How can BA keep calling bad games???

Because Tomlin knows very little if any about offense. There is not a single person on Steelers staff who knows enough about offense to be on this level team.

LatrobePA
11-17-2009, 11:46 AM
Oh I know...but still, you can't joke around like that.

Sorry!:lol:

Big T
11-17-2009, 11:57 AM
Sorry!:lol:

Oh it's cool...It's just everytime I see that name or that fat *** face I...I...:eek1:

LatrobePA
11-17-2009, 11:58 AM
Oh it's cool...everytime I see that name or that fat *** face I...I...:eek1:

LOL, he's got a rather large front ***!

coldrolled
11-17-2009, 12:11 PM
Our offense has NO balance at all! It's a complete mess at times, how can't the head coach see this? How can BA keep calling bad games??? Imagine if this O had the proper balance, Mendy would be right up there and Ben would have a clean jersey!

Our O at times looks like my dog shitting, ALL OVER THE PLACE!

Is it possible the FO likes Arians, he keeps the players stats down, keeps bonuses down and still wins a high percentage of games? Its like he is a great accounting OC..

Other than that... They have to fire him. Hes an idiot.

LatrobePA
11-17-2009, 12:17 PM
Is it possible the FO likes Arians, he keeps the players stats down, keeps bonuses down and still wins a high percentage of games? Its like he is a great accounting OC..

Other than that... They have to fire him. Hes an idiot.

Now you've opened a can of worms! lol

UKSTEELER
11-17-2009, 02:39 PM
Last season I recall Airhead coming out after a few games and taking the blame for when he screwed up now and again.

This season he's getting worse, but there is not one scrap of an apology at all !

The SB win has obviously gone to his head!

He's above it all. And losing the plot!

He better not be around next season, Rooney the other owners and Mike need to act asap!!

Bloody crap he is!!:banging:

LatrobePA
11-17-2009, 02:42 PM
"Bloody crap he is", I love the hate for BA from accross the pond!

UKSTEELER
11-17-2009, 03:05 PM
"Bloody crap he is", I love the hate for BA from accross the pond!

About 3000 miles, on a dull, overcast day and I can still smell the bullshit plays from the wanker Arians!!:rant2:

coldrolled
11-17-2009, 03:10 PM
About 3000 miles, on a dull, overcast day and I can still smell the bullshit plays from the wanker Arians!!:rant2:

that's brilliant...

DIESELMAN
11-17-2009, 03:12 PM
It doesn't take an offensive minded HC to see that BA isn't getting the job done. For all we know, Tomlin has already put BA on notice to get his **** together or else.

LatrobePA
11-17-2009, 03:17 PM

LOL, good stuff right there!

--- Added 11/17/2009 at 02:17 PM ---

It doesn't take an offensive minded HC to see that BA isn't getting the job done. For all we know, Tomlin has already put BA on notice to get his **** together or else.

Doubt it, Tomlin needs to cut the cord from BA to BB.....

steel-tex
11-17-2009, 09:31 PM
they call me bruce --- just like the movie --- an idiot