PDA

View Full Version : Win Lose or Draw

RIVERS OF STEEL
11-16-2009, 04:22 PM
Good bye band wagon fans, "I bought a hat, bought a towel, bought a jacket. They didn't win, so I was disappointed. So I'm gonna stand on the street and see if anyone will buy it", "one woman joked( as reported in a Nov 16, 2009 article from KDKA website, "Steeler Fans Not Worried About Playoff Hopes") and hello to the real steeler fans. No one could have predicted with any certainty that at week nine the steelers would be in 2nd place to the b....:cursin: This team has its work cut out for it. Reed is becoming a major problem, the defense rest on one key player and when BA does not let Ben do his thing with any regularity then the game momentum goes to the opponent. The fn maxim if it ain't broke don't fix has not been a constant. This team has been walking on the edge all season. This situation is hard to take as a fan but, we(Steeler Fans) must stick by the team no mater what. Major adjustments need to be made to overcome these shortcomings but, to date that has not happened. Not ready to go hide under the bed. There are 4 teams in first place div wise at 6 and 3, 1 at 7 and 2, 1 at 8 and 1 and 2 at 9 and 0. Two of those leaders we have beat. So, after further review maybe I should stop worrying so much. And tonite we have some real ****** teams to watch so enjoy.

Troyisabeast_43
11-16-2009, 04:35 PM
The Steelers won 5 games in a row before the loss yesterday. It was a bad game overall period you are going to have 2 or 3 of them in the course of a 16 game season. People were saying this same stuff as well after the Steelers lost in Chicago and Cincy back to back weeks in September and they dug themselves out of that hole and won 5 in a row. There is still a lot of football left guys let's please not lose sight of that. All the Steelers can do now is win every single game they have left the rest of the season which they are definitely capable of doing and stay on the Bengals asses week in and week out. Dont give them a single inch or week to relax or breathe. Like Ive been saying in these other threads all it will take to win this division is to win out the rest of the way and for the Bengals to lose 2 of their remaining 7 games left in which some of those are very tough games on the road mainly in Minnesota and San Diego. It's not impossible for that to happen especially if the Steelers win in Baltimore in 2 weeks then things will get very interesting going into December seeing that the Raiders and Browns are up next back to back weeks. The bottom line is this thing is far from over yet...

Big T
11-16-2009, 05:03 PM
I'm optimistic

jpele
11-16-2009, 05:30 PM
Everyone likes to blow off steam and voice their opinion on Monday after a loss. Now that I'm over the loss, i have questions.

1. Is Jeff Reed really a problem ? His kicks may not go into the endzone but is it his fault the players around him can't make a play. Jeff wasn't hired to tackle and Mike Tomlin says he wants Reed to kick to an area.

2. Arians yes he's a problem and he's not leaving anytime soon. When things start going south, it's up the the HC to correct the problem . Tomlin for what ever reason stays the course

3. Defense, although it appears they are getting back to form, Woodley, Timmons and Farrior are missing tackles. Gay is inconsistent and when he has a good day he has Ike Taylor hands.

The above are minor, the big problem is our kick coverage,something has to be done now to stop the bleeding.

As for me, I'll be here tomorrow and the next day no matter the outcome.

SteelCityKid5
11-16-2009, 06:24 PM
Welcome to Overreaction Monday! Every NFL team message board has them. Most people dont understand that this isnt college football where your season can basically be gone in one game. The NFL has a long grueling schedule full of surprises. Caalllmmm downnn people. 6-3 is better than 3-6. Still lots of footyball left.

Sir Blitzelot
11-16-2009, 06:49 PM
The Steelers won 5 games in a row before the loss yesterday. It was a bad game overall period you are going to have 2 or 3 of them in the course of a 16 game season. People were saying this same stuff as well after the Steelers lost in Chicago and Cincy back to back weeks in September and they dug themselves out of that hole and won 5 in a row. There is still a lot of football left guys let's please not lose sight of that.

:plus1: Could not agree with you more, the season is far from over.

75Steeler
11-17-2009, 11:53 AM
Sure loosing to the Bungles sucks and I hate it as much as the next guy but my loyalty is to this team as it always has been. I have said it before and I will say it again. I was lucky enough to have been born in western Pennsylvania and into Steeler Nation. I'm here for the long haul good or bad. This season is like a roller coaster and we are all along for the ride.

:cope: