PDA

View Full Version : The Steelers can still win the division and get the bye week as long as they win out

Troyisabeast_43
11-16-2009, 02:28 PM
And the Bengals lose two more games this season. That's it it's as simple as that. It doesnt matter what any other team does in the AFC the Patriots,Colts,Chargers,Broncos,or Ravens. I really believe that if the Steelers do win out the rest of the regular season and finish 13-3 it will be good enough to win the division and get a first round bye in the playoffs. And Im about to explain why so stay with me here and follow and you will have a lot more hope about this thing after youre done reading this thread. The Steelers already have tiebrakers over both potential AFC West winners in the Broncos and Chargers so it would be impossible for both of them to catch the Steelers if they would happen to win out and finish 13-3 because both of them already have 3 losses and would automatically lose the head to head tiebraker to the Steelers seeing that they lost to them. That would put us no worse then the number 3 seed in the AFC assuming they still win the North. Same can be said for the New England Patriots as well they currently have the same record as the Steelers at 6-3 but have 1 more AFC conference loss then the Steelers right now which is the first head to head tiebraker seeing that the Steelers dont play the Patriots this year head to head. So assuming the Pats win the AFC East which they most likely will if the Steelers win out and finish 13-3 the Patriots cannot finish ahead of the Steelers either even if they do win out because the Steelers would finish with a better conference record then the Patriots.

That bring us to the big problem and that's the Cincinnati Bengals. In order for the Steelers to win the division and get the bye week and the number 2 seed I feel they pretty much need to win out the last 7 games and have the Bengals lose 2 out of their 4 remaining road games they have left this season which are at Oakland,at Minnesota,at San Diego,and at the New York Jets. If that would happen the Steelers would finish the season 13-3 to the Bengals 12-4 and would win the AFC North based on a better overall record then the Bengals which is really their only legit chance I think at this point to win the North over the Bengals. I do not see the Bengals winning out the rest of the way and finishing 14-2. They will drop definitely one of those 4 remaining road games I just mentioned and maybe 2 of them. It's not completely ridiculous to suggest that and think it cant happen because it can. Like Ive been saying in other posts and threads the key key game in this stretch to make this thing possible is the game much like last season in Baltimore 13 days from now on Sunday night. Im going to assume the Steelers are going to beat the Chiefs,Raiders,and Browns 3 out of the next 4 weeks which would get us to the weekend of December 13th. At that point the Bengals would then be in that stretch where they play those tough road games back to back weeks at the Vikings and at the Chargers.

The Steelers need to stay a game back of the Bengals up until that Vikings game on December 13th and they will honestly I believe have a legit chance to still win the AFC North because I could see the Steelers winning out against the Packers and Ravens at home,and on the road at Miami to close out the year. You would then need the Bengals to drop both of those games in Minnesota and San Diego who both will be fighting for division titles and bye weeks potentially and will definitely need to win just as much if not more then the Bengals.

That's the situation right now guys on how the Steelers can still win the North and get the number 2 seed and the week off in the playoffs. By winning out and having the Bengals lose 2 more games this season it's as simple as that...It's definitely possible fellas if you look at what I just said and break it down like I just did. So dont give up just yet Steelers fans there is still a lot of hope left...

TheButt
11-16-2009, 04:41 PM
LOL - Good post,, your thinkin to much though... let the next few weeks pan out. I mean we are talking about the freaking Bungles arent we ?? everybody in the media can crown them the AFC north winner if they want to. They are the Freaking Bungles !!!

We played horrible as we possibly could have and they beat us by 2 FG's. They are for sure not the juggernaut that everyone is making them out to be. Let them rub it in our faces for now.. let them have their glory. It will be short lived , you can bet on it. THEY ARE THE FREAKING BUNGLES. And what do bungles do best.... why they bungle of course.

Bungle in the Jungle.....and thats alright by me.

:moon:

K Train
11-16-2009, 04:45 PM
**** it, as long as they make the playoffs im happy. bye week is overrated. i would love to see the bengals in the playoffs, they would be trying to avenge 05, we would be tryin to do what we do. thats just how i feel. season sweep doesnt matter if you lose in the playoffs. imo this team doesnt have a chance to win out in the regular season, but come playoff time if they are in it they are team that no one will want to play

BlackGold4vr
11-16-2009, 04:59 PM
**** it, as long as they make the playoffs im happy. bye week is overrated. i would love to see the bengals in the playoffs, they would be trying to avenge 05, we would be tryin to do what we do. thats just how i feel. season sweep doesnt matter if you lose in the playoffs. imo this team doesnt have a chance to win out in the regular season, but come playoff time if they are in it they are team that no one will want to play

:plus1:

No way this team wins out without duplicating yesterdays performance at least one or two more times. I do not rule out that the Bungels could have a late season collapse but us winning out just aint happening. The Bungels very well may win the division this year but that won't buy them a thing in the playoffs. Like K Train says we may be the wildcard team that nobody wants to play this year. That role served us well in '05'. If the Steelers get hot towards the end of the year I still like their chances to play spoiler in the playoffs (shitting all over the media's favorites Colts, Patriots).

:hilarious:

K Train
11-16-2009, 05:03 PM
whether the world likes it or not the AFC is gonna come down to the colts, the patriots and the steelers. thats not me being a homer, thats just reality. however, the steelers shitting the bed a few times has made it harder on themselves.....but the pats are in the same boat. colts can have the #1 seed all they want....they were handed that game last night and i dont think anyone can disagree with that. peyton showed last night that under pressure he is still pathetic

Steel Trap86
11-16-2009, 06:43 PM
Ya I hate it, but I think the Bungles take this division. They swept the Steelers, swept the Ravens and will sweep the Browns plus their remaining games are all winnable the way they're playing right now. I don't think the Steelers win out the remainder of the schedule, but I think we go 6-1 and get the 5th seed. The only really good team that we have beaten so far is the Vikings, the Broncos are crashing hard, bunch of ****in bums don't stand a chance in the playoffs if they even make it, they lost to Washington yesterday so they showed they really are not that good a football team.

6-1 we finish with a 12-4 record and the 5th seed

Troyisabeast_43
11-16-2009, 07:27 PM
:plus1:

No way this team wins out without duplicating yesterdays performance at least one or two more times. I do not rule out that the Bungels could have a late season collapse but us winning out just aint happening. The Bungels very well may win the division this year but that won't buy them a thing in the playoffs. Like K Train says we may be the wildcard team that nobody wants to play this year. That role served us well in '05'. If the Steelers get hot towards the end of the year I still like their chances to play spoiler in the playoffs (shitting all over the media's favorites Colts, Patriots).

:hilarious:

If the Steelers beat the Ravens in Baltimore in 2 weeks their chances of winning out really increase with games left against the Raiders,Browns,then Green Bay and Baltimore back to back at home and then on the road with Miami. That Ravens game on the road if the Steelers win that game then their odds of winning out the last 5 weeks looking at that schedule really really increase...

K Train
11-16-2009, 07:35 PM
yeah well the odds of beating the bengals and bears looked good too, this team plays down to its competition, it will be a close game whether its the lions or the browns, or is its the saints or the colts. i completely expect them to blow another game or 2 or 3

LatrobePA
11-16-2009, 08:11 PM
Steelers will lose 3 more, finish 10-6 and be playing for a wildcard.

Bungles will lose this weekend to the Raiders and will make it interesting down the stretch!

75Steeler
11-17-2009, 11:04 AM
We will just have to wait and see. No one was more shocked than me about this second loss to the Bungles. Hell I was running my mouth (keyboard) here last week predicting a Pittsburgh win 34 to 20. Wishful thinking!! Now all I can do is sit back and hope and pray for success the remainder of the season and a run at the playoffs. Maybe just maybe we can go to Miami stranger things have happened.

BlacknGold Bleeder
11-17-2009, 11:33 AM

Bungles will lose this weekend to the Raiders and will make it interesting down the stretch!

We will lose 3 more ...ya gotta be kidding me??

coldrolled
11-17-2009, 12:01 PM

Bengals lose a few more if Benson is out.....

Johnson may cause more flak between his tv time and chads.... fighting starts

and the steelers can pick off the bengals FB Fui Vakapuna 260lb, if they send him to the practice squad now, the bengals really like him.

our loss may not have been that bad if this plays out.

oh and Arians being fired would be the cream....

LatrobePA
11-17-2009, 12:08 PM

Sorry man, that's how I see it! 10-6 for the year!

I tell you what we play like we did this weekend on offense and we'll struggle to win at the Chiefs!

Troyisabeast_43
11-17-2009, 03:14 PM
Sorry man, that's how I see it! 10-6 for the year!

I tell you what we play like we did this weekend on offense and we'll struggle to win at the Chiefs!

The Steelers will bounce back in a big way this week against the Chiefs in KC. The Chiefs are probably one of the 3 or 4 worst teams in football. The Steelers will win this game against KC going away. The Chiefs are the kind of team that just doesnot have what it takes to beat the Steelers and they wont...

K Train
11-17-2009, 03:29 PM
ha.

lions hung around, bears beat us, bengals swept us.

chiefs could easily win...its a harsh reality

Troyisabeast_43
11-17-2009, 03:38 PM
ha.

Nope not a reality at all Train sorry to break it to you...The Chiefs especially with Dwayne Bowe being out now literally and Im being dead serious when I say this have no chance in hell of winning this game. Have you watched the Chiefs play this year?? Who the hell do they have on offense now with LJ gone and Bowe suspended other then maybe Chris Chambers that's going to give the Steelers problems?? Their offensive line is horrible and Cassel has been getting sacked a ton every single game. The Chiefs do not have what it takes to beat the Steelers and they wont...Everybody on this board overeacts way too much after the Steelers lose one game. Im telling you right now this division race with the Bengals is going to come down to the final 2 weeks of the regular season and Ill be back to say I told you so when it happens bank on it...

--- Added 11/17/2009 at 02:38 PM ---

Who are they going to lose too then?? They sure as hell arent going to lose to KC,Oakland,or the Browns. So that narrows it down to the 2 with the Ravens,the Packers here at Heinz Field and down in Miami to close out the year. Your telling me the Steelers are going to lose 3 out of those 4 games?? Is Baltimore going to sweep them you think then?? The Packers will not beat the Steelers in Pittsburgh. Aaron Rodgers will get sacked a ton in that game and plus the Packers are just too inconsistent of a football team to beat the Steelers at Heinz Field. The only games I see them losing are one of the Ravens games and maybe the Miami game but I highly doubt it...

K Train
11-17-2009, 03:41 PM
Nope not a reality at all Train sorry to break it to you...The Chiefs especially with Dwayne Bowe being out now literally and Im being dead serious when I say this have no chance in hell of winning this game. Have you watched the Chiefs play this year?? Who the hell do they have on offense now with LJ gone and Bowe suspended other then maybe Chris Chambers that's going to give the Steelers problems?? Their offensive line is horrible and Cassel has been getting sacked a ton every single game. The Chiefs do not have what it takes to beat the Steelers and they wont...Everybody on this board overeacts way too much after the Steelers lose one game. Im telling you right now this division race with the Bengals is going to come down to the final 2 weeks of the regular season and Ill be back to say I told you so when it happens bank on it...

im not overreacting...but you are claiming they are a lock to win out. i thought they were a lock to start 3-0. this team will give the chiefs opportunities, let them hang around and get a chance at an upset. everyone on the roster plays down to the opponent. we will see similar games whether its against the chiefs or the patriots. sleeping on the chiefs is just not a good idea, going deep on first and 10 or having every ball batted down is all it takes for brandon flowers or someone to take one to the house. if they are anywhere near as sloppy as they were last week this will be a close game....CAN they blow out KC? of course they can, but they could also lose a heartbreaker....which you saying isnt possible is you being a big time homer after watching this team play thinking they are still the best and unstoppable? lets be serious

K Train
11-17-2009, 03:43 PM

Who are they going to lose too then?? They sure as hell arent going to lose to KC,Oakland,or the Browns. So that narrows it down to the 2 with the Ravens,the Packers here at Heinz Field and down in Miami to close out the year. Your telling me the Steelers are going to lose 3 out of those 4 games?? Is Baltimore going to sweep them you think then?? The Packers will not beat the Steelers in Pittsburgh. Aaron Rodgers will get sacked a ton in that game and plus the Packers are just too inconsistent of a football team to beat the Steelers at Heinz Field. The only games I see them losing are one of the Ravens games and maybe the Miami game but I highly doubt it...
^perfect example right here....oakland has beat us before, they were a 2 win team back then too. browns, well no that would never happen. ravens, of course they can, miami, of course they can, packers of course they can.

take off the black and gold sunglasses, this team is gonna be in a struggle for a WC spot

LatrobePA
11-17-2009, 03:47 PM
Todd Haley will want this game bad seeing how we beat him last year in the SB!!!

--- Added 11/17/2009 at 02:47 PM ---

^perfect example right here....oakland has beat us before, they were a 2 win team back then too. browns, well no that would never happen. ravens, of course they can, miami, of course they can, packers of course they can.

take off the black and gold sunglasses, this team is gonna be in a struggle for a WC spot

Those are the 3 I'm seeing!!

Troyisabeast_43
11-17-2009, 03:47 PM
im not overreacting...but you are claiming they are a lock to win out. i thought they were a lock to start 3-0. this team will give the chiefs opportunities, let them hang around and get a chance at an upset. everyone on the roster plays down to the opponent. we will see similar games whether its against the chiefs or the patriots. sleeping on the chiefs is just not a good idea, going deep on first and 10 or having every ball batted down is all it takes for brandon flowers or someone to take one to the house. if they are anywhere near as sloppy as they were last week this will be a close game....CAN they blow out KC? of course they can, but they could also lose a heartbreaker....which you saying isnt possible is you being a big time homer after watching this team play thinking they are still the best and unstoppable? lets be serious

They could lose but it would take a complete implosion to do so. The odds of Ben and the offense having the same kind of problems that they did last week against a not so good Chiefs defense are not very good. This offense has shown flashes of being able to put up a ton of points and if they are anywhere near that level this week the Chiefs will get blown out. The Chiefs have lost every single home game they have played this season and even lost to the Raiders at home earlier this year. Now they did take the Cowboys to overtime and almost won that game but they didnt. The Chiefs offense is very bad and unless the Steelers turn the ball over and give the Chiefs golden opportunities in this game that's the only chance KC has. Im telling you their offense is pathetic. They wont do anything against the Steelers defense especially with no Bowe and no threat of a running game. This is as close to a gimmie game as they come...

K Train
11-17-2009, 03:51 PM
charles had a good game the other day and kolby smith is no sloutch. while i dont think they will have a day on the ground cause no one does...chambers has stepped up right away and they have some other recievers, while not great have a chance to have a day against us. and exactly....they took the cowboys to OT....that "wasnt possible" either back then

Troyisabeast_43
11-17-2009, 03:53 PM
Todd Haley will want this game bad seeing how we beat him last year in the SB!!!

--- Added 11/17/2009 at 02:47 PM ---

Those are the 3 I'm seeing!!

The Oakland game is here though and they have been pathetic while playing on the East Coast. They have no QB. Have you seen what Jamarcus Russell has done so far this season?? You actually think he has a chance of coming into Pittsburgh and doing anything against the Steelers defense. Todd Haley might want this game bad but unfortunately for him he cant play. The Chiefs are a bad football team and even if the Steelers let them hang around in this game for awhile which they could do they still wont have enough to beat the Steelers.

LatrobePA
11-17-2009, 03:57 PM
Easy thinking, but each team has 1st round picks, multi millionare players, meaning any giving weekend any team can win.

Oakland beat Philly this season, Redskins beat the Broncos etc etc....

Troyisabeast_43
11-17-2009, 03:59 PM
charles had a good game the other day and kolby smith is no sloutch. while i dont think they will have a day on the ground cause no one does...chambers has stepped up right away and they have some other recievers, while not great have a chance to have a day against us. and exactly....they took the cowboys to OT....that "wasnt possible" either back then

If the Steelers lose to the Chiefs this week then the whole coaching staff should be ****ing fired and tar and feathered and run out of town. There will be absolutely no excuse what so ever for the Steelers to go into Kansas City and lose. If by some miracle it does happen this season is over,and it will by far be the worst loss of the Tomlin coaching era since he took over in 2007. But one more time ITS NOT GONNA HAPPEN!!! The Chiefs are not going to beat the Steelers!!!

--- Added 11/17/2009 at 02:59 PM ---

Easy thinking, but each team has 1st round picks, multi millionare players, meaning any giving weekend any team can win.

Oakland beat Philly this season, Redskins beat the Broncos etc etc....

Yea they beat Philly in Oakland where the Raiders play better. The Raiders will not win at Heinz Field. Im calling it right now though the Raiders will upset the Bengals in Oakland this Sunday...

LatrobePA
11-17-2009, 04:01 PM
If the Steelers lose to the Chiefs this week then the whole coaching staff should be ****ing fired and tar and feathered and run out of town. There will be absolutely no excuse what so ever for the Steelers to go into Kansas City and lose. If by some miracle it does happen this season is over,and it will by far be the worst loss of the Tomlin coaching era since he took over in 2007. But one more time ITS NOT GONNA HAPPEN!!! The Chiefs are not going to beat the Steelers!!!

Yea they beat Philly in Oakland where the Raiders play better. The Raiders will not win at Heinz Field. Im calling it right now though the Raiders will upset the Bengals in Oakland this Sunday...

I called Cinci will drop this game....

All I'm saying is never under estimate an oppt.!

K Train
11-17-2009, 04:04 PM

chiefs just won their 7th straight in oakland.....you know those awful chiefs and those raiders who play better at home.

im just sayin

LatrobePA
11-17-2009, 04:05 PM
chiefs just won their 7th straight in oakland.....you know those awful chiefs and those raiders who play better at home.

im just sayin

LMAO!

Troyisabeast_43
11-17-2009, 04:17 PM

im just sayin

Ill stand by my predicition that I think the Steelers are going to win out. If Im wrong as seen before on here Ill come back and fully admit it. One thing about myself is I dont change my tune about this Steelers team after they lose one game. Alot of people on here did the same thing last year when the Steelers lost to the Colts in November and fell to 6-3 and said they were in trouble and what did they do they came back and won 5 games in a row after that against teams like the Chargers,Patriots,Cowboys,and Ravens. Did anybody think they were going to win all of those games?? NO.

Two weeks ago when the Steelers beat the Vikings and Broncos back to back games everybody on here was saying they ready to dominate and are going to the Super Bowl and all that fun stuff. And now all of a sudden after one loss the Steelers are barely going to make the playoffs and have no chance to catch the Bengals at all just because they had one bad game. The Steelers are going to be in the playoffs come January whether it be by division winner or by wildcard and are going to be one of the 4 teams remaining in the AFC I still believe when all is said and done. They have too much talent on defense,and have a championship caliber QB in Ben Roethlisberger who knows how to win and get it done when it matters most.

LatrobePA
11-17-2009, 04:22 PM
Ill stand by my predicition that I think the Steelers are going to win out. If Im wrong as seen before on here Ill come back and fully admit it. One thing about myself is I dont change my tune about this Steelers team after they lose one game. Alot of people on here did the same thing last year when the Steelers lost to the Colts in November and fell to 6-3 and said they were in trouble and what did they do they came back and won 5 games in a row after that against teams like the Chargers,Patriots,Cowboys,and Ravens. Did anybody think they were going to win all of those games?? NO.

Two weeks ago when the Steelers beat the Vikings and Broncos back to back games everybody on here was saying they ready to dominate and are going to the Super Bowl and all that fun stuff. And now all of a sudden after one loss the Steelers are barely going to make the playoffs and have no chance to catch the Bengals at all just because they had one bad game. The Steelers are going to be in the playoffs come January whether it be by division winner or by wildcard and are going to be one of the 4 teams remaining in the AFC I still believe when all is said and done. They have too much talent on defense,and have a championship caliber QB in Ben Roethlisberger who knows how to win and get it done when it matters most.

I knew they would have a few bad games along the way even after beating a couple good teams. I hope you're right and we win out, but it'll be tough....

K Train
11-17-2009, 05:24 PM

im not down on them after one bad game...this team is exactly what i thought they were gonna be

a big win against the vikings doesnt matter when you lose an easier out of conference game (bears) and get swept in your division. being 2 games behind the bengals is gonna hurt later in the year. i guarantee this team doesnt win out, they arent built for that

floodcitygirl
11-17-2009, 06:13 PM

Yea they beat Philly in Oakland where the Raiders play better. The Raiders will not win at Heinz Field. Im calling it right now though the Raiders will upset the Bengals in Oakland this Sunday...Once again...from your lips to God's ear. A Steeler victory and a Bungal loss this week would really be helpful around here.

lloydfan4life
11-17-2009, 07:37 PM
:markit:
If the Raiders beat the Bungles this week I'm buyin' everyone here a beer.... or two. :drunk:

LatrobePA
11-17-2009, 07:40 PM
If the Raiders beat the Bungles this week I'm buyin' everyone here a beer.... or two. :drunk:

Better get your fridge stocked up....J Russell will have a career day against the "best" D in the league!!

floodcitygirl
11-18-2009, 03:08 PM
If the Raiders beat the Bungles this week I'm buyin' everyone here a beer.... or two. :drunk:I am so taking you up on that! Just plan on grabbing the wife and brew and heading for Cincy on Sunday. Call me for directions. You do deliver, right??? :grin1:

Troyisabeast_43
11-18-2009, 04:20 PM
im not down on them after one bad game...this team is exactly what i thought they were gonna be

a big win against the vikings doesnt matter when you lose an easier out of conference game (bears) and get swept in your division. being 2 games behind the bengals is gonna hurt later in the year. i guarantee this team doesnt win out, they arent built for that

That's your opinion and that's fine. I still believe the Steelers odds to win this AFC North Division are right at or a little bit better then 50/50. It's not a complete and total pipe dream to sit there and say the Bengals will lose 2 more games the rest of the season and the Steelers with their only tough game left against the Ravens in Baltimore on the road dont have a chance of winning out. One way or another I will remember this thread and I will definitely come back to toot my own horn if I end up being right...

lloydfan4life
11-18-2009, 04:21 PM
I am so taking you up on that! Just plan on grabbing the wife and brew and heading for Cincy on Sunday. Call me for directions. You do deliver, right??? :grin1:

:yesnod: but I have a feeling you're going to go thirsty. No way Oakland wins this weekend. :rant2:

K Train
11-22-2009, 04:22 PM
yeah well the odds of beating the bengals and bears looked good too, this team plays down to its competition, it will be a close game whether its the lions or the browns, or is its the saints or the colts. i completely expect them to blow another game or 2 or 3

The Steelers will bounce back in a big way this week against the Chiefs in KC. The Chiefs are probably one of the 3 or 4 worst teams in football. The Steelers will win this game against KC going away. The Chiefs are the kind of team that just doesnot have what it takes to beat the Steelers and they wont...

ha.

They could lose but it would take a complete implosion to do so. The odds of Ben and the offense having the same kind of problems that they did last week against a not so good Chiefs defense are not very good. This offense has shown flashes of being able to put up a ton of points and if they are anywhere near that level this week the Chiefs will get blown out. The Chiefs have lost every single home game they have played this season and even lost to the Raiders at home earlier this year. Now they did take the Cowboys to overtime and almost won that game but they didnt. The Chiefs offense is very bad and unless the Steelers turn the ball over and give the Chiefs golden opportunities in this game that's the only chance KC has. Im telling you their offense is pathetic. They wont do anything against the Steelers defense especially with no Bowe and no threat of a running game. This is as close to a gimmie game as they come...

The Oakland game is here though and they have been pathetic while playing on the East Coast. They have no QB. Have you seen what Jamarcus Russell has done so far this season?? You actually think he has a chance of coming into Pittsburgh and doing anything against the Steelers defense. Todd Haley might want this game bad but unfortunately for him he cant play. The Chiefs are a bad football team and even if the Steelers let them hang around in this game for awhile which they could do they still wont have enough to beat the Steelers.

im just sayin

That's your opinion and that's fine. I still believe the Steelers odds to win this AFC North Division are right at or a little bit better then 50/50. It's not a complete and total pipe dream to sit there and say the Bengals will lose 2 more games the rest of the season and the Steelers with their only tough game left against the Ravens in Baltimore on the road dont have a chance of winning out. One way or another I will remember this thread and I will definitely come back to toot my own horn if I end up being right...

bump bump bump bump....please just admit you a one of the biggest homers here....please just read through the garbage you typed

BlitzburghRockCity
11-22-2009, 04:29 PM
Going into this game he was saying what everybody else was, all the media had us pegged to win big in this game. The simple fact is, 43 is usually pretty much right on with his predictions and breakdowns but everyone misses now and then. Credit the Chiefs for stepping up and credit us for steppling DOWN.

K Train
11-22-2009, 04:43 PM
he has good breakdowns, but he predictions are far from spot on. im very interested to see what he has to say for the first time ever

BlitzburghRockCity
11-22-2009, 05:06 PM
Im quite certain he'll be more than happy to defend his posts, he always does. While some of us didn't think this would be a cake walk, and others did, the fact is we should have won this game and we didn't. I picked us to win this week too, just based on the fact that we usually respond well after a loss, but we came up short today. :evilshake:

Troyisabeast_43
11-23-2009, 12:27 PM
bump bump bump bump....please just admit you a one of the biggest homers here....please just read through the garbage you typed

Well I was completely wrong and I guess I underestimated just how mediocre of a team the Steelers are and how capable the Chiefs were of taking this game if the Steelers handed to them with numerous chances which they continually did. You cannot turn the ball over like the Steelers did in key situations with chances to put the game away twice like they did and expect to even beat a team the Chiefs. The interception in the red zone by Ben was just an inexcusable play, and the play calling in overtime with the pitch to Moore on 3rd and 2 was beyond atrocious. Im not going to give Sepulveda a pass either seeing that he punted the ball in the end zone after the failed 3rd down play by Moore instead of trying to put the Chiefs inside their own 10 and really make them work to get out of that hole. Ill admit the whole winning out thing was a bit over the top but I did say it would take a total and complete implosion by the Steelers to lose this game and that's exactly what happened. Nobody in their right mind thought the Steelers were going to lose that game yesterday on this board.

But unlike you Im a glass half full guy most of the time and Im going to continue to look at the positive side of things. And yes despite the loss yesterday to the pathetic Chiefs Ill still tell you the Steelers have a chance to win this division because I was right on saying the Bengals would lose a few more games seeing that they imploded to Oakland yesterday, and they might lose 2 more if they in Minnesota and San Diego next month. So if you want to keep coming on here and preaching doom and gloom that's fine but the bottom line is there is still 6 games left and every single one of them are winnable if the Steelers start ****ing playing like they are capable of. The loss yesterday to the Chiefs was without question the single worst loss of the Mike Tomlin era.

Steel Trap86
11-23-2009, 12:34 PM
I was right on saying the Bengals would lose a few more games seeing that they imploded to Oakland yesterday, and they might lose 2 more if they in Minnesota and San Diego next month. So if you want to keep coming on here and preaching doom and gloom that's fine but the bottom line is there is still 6 games left and every single one of them are winnable if the Steelers start ****ing playing like they are capable of. The loss yesterday to the Chiefs was without question the single worst loss of the Mike Tomlin era.

Ya I think the Bengals lose a couple more games too. Vikings & Chargers should beat them, but its a wasted opportunity for the Steelers as they could have gone up one game on the AFCN with a win over the ****ing Chiefs and they couldn't even pull it off. So if they can win out the schedule they could still win the division, but with the way they played today I have a feeling they could drop one or two more, so being realistic I think we're going for the 5th seed.

K Train
11-23-2009, 12:42 PM
Well I was completely wrong and I guess I underestimated just how mediocre of a team the Steelers are and how capable the Chiefs were of taking this game if the Steelers handed to them with numerous chances which they continually did. You cannot turn the ball over like the Steelers did in key situations with chances to put the game away twice like they did and expect to even beat a team the Chiefs. The interception in the red zone by Ben was just an inexcusable play, and the play calling in overtime with the pitch to Moore on 3rd and 2 was beyond atrocious. Im not going to give Sepulveda a pass either seeing that he punted the ball in the end zone after the failed 3rd down play by Moore instead of trying to put the Chiefs inside their own 10 and really make them work to get out of that hole. Ill admit the whole winning out thing was a bit over the top but I did say it would take a total and complete implosion by the Steelers to lose this game and that's exactly what happened. Nobody in their right mind thought the Steelers were going to lose that game yesterday on this board.

But unlike you Im a glass half full guy most of the time and Im going to continue to look at the positive side of things. And yes despite the loss yesterday to the pathetic Chiefs Ill still tell you the Steelers have a chance to win this division because I was right on saying the Bengals would lose a few more games seeing that they imploded to Oakland yesterday, and they might lose 2 more if they in Minnesota and San Diego next month. So if you want to keep coming on here and preaching doom and gloom that's fine but the bottom line is there is still 6 games left and every single one of them are winnable if the Steelers start ****ing playing like they are capable of. The loss yesterday to the Chiefs was without question the single worst loss of the Mike Tomlin era.

see i too never bought into the bengals, and wasnt that surprised by them losing yesterday. im not "doom and gloom" im realistic. i said it was a harsh reality that the chiefs could win, and they did. you absolutely said there was no ****ing chance in hell this game is anything but a win. i said the steelers would keep the game close and give the chiefs multiple opportunities for an upset. im sure you still are sure the steelers will win out which is fine, i just think you would be much less disappointed if you had more realistic expectations, you know what they are....theres no reason in believeing they are something they are not

Troyisabeast_43
11-23-2009, 12:51 PM
Ya I think the Bengals lose a couple more games too. Vikings & Chargers should beat them, but its a wasted opportunity for the Steelers as they could have gone up one game on the AFCN with a win over the ****ing Chiefs and they couldn't even pull it off. So if they can win out the schedule they could still win the division, but with the way they played today I have a feeling they could drop one or two more, so being realistic I think we're going for the 5th seed.

Ill say that's pretty accurate right there. After yesterday's debacle it's hard to say anymore games this year are gimmies even the Oakland and Cleveland games back to back weeks even though they should be and the Steelers should still win them both. But again after yesterday's loss to the Chiefs all bets are off. Plus, with the injuries to both Ben and now Batch and having the possibility of Dixon being the starting QB Sunday night in Baltimore the Steelers odds of winning in Baltimore have really shrunk in a big way...But that's why they play the game and we will see how it all unfolds guys. Maybe Ben's head injury isnt that serious and he will play Sunday night in Baltimore and the Steelers will then have a legit chance to win that game. A win Baltimore next week will go along way in keeping the Steelers in this division race with the Bengals. And Ill continue to keep saying that they are still not out of this race just yet. The Steelers gotta win this game in Baltimore then they got the Raiders and Browns up next while the Bengals schedule gets tougher having games at Minnesota and at San Diego...

--- Added 11/23/2009 at 11:51 AM ---

see i too never bought into the bengals, and wasnt that surprised by them losing yesterday. im not "doom and gloom" im realistic. i said it was a harsh reality that the chiefs could win, and they did. you absolutely said there was no ****ing chance in hell this game is anything but a win. i said the steelers would keep the game close and give the chiefs multiple opportunities for an upset. im sure you still are sure the steelers will win out which is fine, i just think you would be much less disappointed if you had more realistic expectations, you know what they are....theres no reason in believeing they are something they are not

If Ben Roethlisberger is healthy and can play the next 6 games especially in Baltimore this Sunday night then yea they have a chance to win the next 6 games. If Ben is out and they have to rely on Dennis Dixon and whoever else they bring in here to back him up then the Steelers will be lucky to make the playoffs...The Raiders beating the Bengals yesterday pretty much saved the Steelers asses and still gave them reason to believe they can win this division seeing that they are no worse off in the standings then they were a week ago today...They should send Bruce Gradkowski and Andre Caldwell early Christmas gifts for keeping the Steelers in the AFC North race.

Troyisabeast_43
11-23-2009, 07:45 PM
Im quite certain he'll be more than happy to defend his posts, he always does. While some of us didn't think this would be a cake walk, and others did, the fact is we should have won this game and we didn't. I picked us to win this week too, just based on the fact that we usually respond well after a loss, but we came up short today. :evilshake:

Thanks for the back up TG I appreciate it. Hey I have no problem admitting that this one kind of got away from me and I was wrong in a lot of things I said. With that being said, there is still a lot of football left and the Steelers can still right this ship and win this division. The Bengals as I mentioned before will slip and lose enough games down the stretch. The Steelers just need to do their part and win and they will be right there in the end with a chance to steal this division from the Bengals I believe despite being swept by the Bengals and losing to the Chiefs yesterday...