PDA

View Full Version : Jeff Reed

JensK
11-15-2009, 07:25 PM
We can all agree that he needs to lrn2tackle! However, thats not the only thing he needs to learn:

Right now, he is ranked 29 overall amongst the leagues 32 kickoff kickers.

Right now, he is ranked 29 in kickoff avg yad with a mere 60y

Right now, he is ranked dead last in returns

Right now, he is fourth worst in avg. yards returned

Right now, he is dead last in Touchbacks.

While some of this MAY be on the return unit, but with these stats, we can pretty much say goodbye to him after this season.

To look at his FGs

Right now, he is ranked 23 overall

he is ranked 19 overall in percentage made

He is ranked 29 with longest kick made

While these stats is not as bad, its still not good by any means

Black@Gold Forever32
11-15-2009, 09:13 PM
The only thing Jeff Reed has going for him is he does make his field goals at Heinz Field which Heinz Field is one of the toughest places for kickers to kick in the NFL....But other then that with the way Reed has made no attempt to tackle the return man twice on TD's this year and his crappy kick-offs are doing him no favors on getting a new contract from the team in the off-season....Plus his agent turning down the Steelers offer this past off-season......At this point I wouldn't mind seeing Reed gone after the year......But the team better make sure they find a kicker to master Heinz Field......

Troyisabeast_43
11-15-2009, 09:20 PM
The only thing Jeff Reed has going for him is he does make his field goals at Heinz Field which Heinz Field is one of the toughest places for kickers to kick in the NFL....But other then that with the way Reed has made no attempt to tackle the return man twice on TD's this year and his crappy kick-offs are doing him no favors on getting a new contract from the team in the off-season....Plus his agent turning down the Steelers offer this past off-season......At this point I wouldn't mind seeing Reed gone after the year......But the team better make sure they find a kicker to master Heinz Field......

Reed's effort today once again on the Scott kickoff return was just flat out inexcusable. He made no effort to charge him and tackle him instead he just turned the wrong way and kept running. What really frustrates me about this loss today is that the Steelers really blew their chance to get a pretty strong grip on not only the division but the number 2 seed in the AFC especially with the weak upcoming schedule. For the time being, they cant really worry about that and the Steelers now need to just focus on winning enough games to get a wildcard spot and if they can still catch the Bengals in December for the division then that's an added bonus...

steel-tex
11-15-2009, 11:07 PM
HOW CAN HE LOOK HIMSELF IN THE MIRROR IN THE MORNIN??? THIS IS THE SECOND TIME HE COULD HAVE PREVENTED A TD AND HE JUST LET THE GUY RUN BY ??? HE IS A FOOTBALL PLAYER - RIGHT ?? WHAT GETS ME IS HE DON'T TRY - I BET IF HE STOPPED HIM OUR D HOLDS THEM TO A FIELD GOAL. I USED TO LIKE HIM - NOW I DON'T

BlacknGold Bleeder
11-15-2009, 11:20 PM
There are very few kickers that stop a returner ,if they do it's usually dumb luck. With that being said I really doubt he will be back next year, I would like to see that Czech guy we had in training camp come back , he really seemed to do alright during the preseason...

steel-tex
11-15-2009, 11:38 PM
I THINK MOST KICKERS WILL TRY -JEFF WATCHES THEM RUN BY - NO EFFORT -NO NOTHIN - VERY WEAK

Dee Mca
11-15-2009, 11:43 PM
Once again I say let D-sep do the kicking off. He can't do much worse. But he can tackle a hell of a lot better!!!

Prosdo
11-16-2009, 12:47 AM
I was at the game and the whole stadium was screaming at him when he didn't even make an attempt to tackle the returner. It was pathetic for him to not even try.

BlitzburghRockCity
11-16-2009, 01:06 AM
Im all for having DSep try the kickoffs as well, atleast we know we can tackle like Dee mentioned. I just don't get why Reed has seemed to go from epic Heinz Field kicker, team guy, give it your all, to this half hearted effort you see. Yes he's still making FG's, and that's what his main job is, he's the best at kicking at Heinz...but kicking off is just horrific. The dude has huge legs and he knows what he's doing, I just don't get why he always kicks it short and can't ever get it into the endzone.

NCSteeler
11-16-2009, 05:52 AM
All he had to do was fall in front of the guy and the pursuers would have caught him, they just needed a delay. Reed is ruining his chances in FA

LatrobePA
11-16-2009, 10:25 AM
Reed can pack his **** and leave now for all I care. He's one useless SOB!!

franchise3
11-16-2009, 11:13 AM
I just couldn't believe his lack of effort on that play. Czech and Sepulveda would have destroyed that guy. I think the whole Steelers nation was paying very close attention to what Reed was going to do based on his season (FG misses, arguing with the officer, and the other missed tackle) and for him to not even do anything about it was just RIDICILUOS. I couldn't believe it. To not even try. He is gone in my book. And I agree with said, the only thing he has going is making the FG's at Heinz Field.

75Steeler
11-16-2009, 12:24 PM
Reed needs to wake up in both his off field activities and his on field play. He is not impressing anyone by beating up papertowel dispensers and giving Pittsburgh Police a hard time. Jeff made that situation worse than it already was.

I saw Czech kicking field goals in person at training camp and he signed my daughters football. He seems to have one hell of a leg and he wants to be a Steeler. Reed better close his mouth, watch his actions, drop a shoulder and tackle, and become more than just the extra point guy. Otherwise he will be replaced by the kid who wants the job!:2cents:

Captcoolhand
11-16-2009, 12:35 PM
I don't blame Reed for missing that tackle.... anyone that reviewed the tape can clearly see that Reed was running as fast as his slow *** could go and dude quickly cut back right behind Reed causing him to miss. Reed's not fast enough to slam the brakes, turn around and still reach behind to grab that guy when he wasn't even in his reach. Also, it's going to appear that Reed just stood there, when after stopping, 3 guys comes running past him at 3x's his speed trying to catch the guy.

What happen with Reed sucks and all. wish he could had made that tackle but he didn't. I'm not ready to crucify the guy for trying to do what he could.

BlitzburghRockCity
11-16-2009, 01:16 PM
The reason issue here is something needs to be done with those kickoffs as far as I'm concerened. We'd like to see him make that saving tackle but how many times does a kicker actually make a tackle like that, they usually whiff and the returner runs right by them or through them. He was totally out of position, I'll give you that, since he's the last line of defense he can see what's coming towards him and try to force the returner to the sideline but that doesn't always work.

It pisses me off too, seeing him give what seems like not 100% effort in instances like that, but it is what it is. If Reed makes every FG and misses a tackle like that, you would not go ape **** on him, but compounding the problem this year is that he's missing FG's that he shouldn't be and getting involved in stuff that he shouldn't off the field. Put all that together and the Steeler Nation is ready to send him packing.

Zachintosh66
11-16-2009, 02:26 PM
Correct me if Im worng... but didnt Dsep kickoff before he got hurt?

RIVERS OF STEEL
11-16-2009, 03:46 PM
Reed alone didn't lose this game but, he was a major contributing factor. Twice this year. Impact is major on where we wind up in the final standings. Solution: Bye Reed.

Dee Mca
11-16-2009, 11:21 PM
My reasons for D-sep to take over kickoffs is he has done it in the past. Not sure if ever in NFL. Then again if he has the leg to boot the ball punting it can't be that much more harder off a tee. Plus would give us another gunner on special teams considering D-sep was a linebacker at Baylor b4 he became their punter. Not taking nothing from Reed. I say keep Reed for Fg's just let D-sep try to kickoff.

Also is it just me or is this a new one?
He was given the nickname, "Spatula", by fans!
I'm sorry I think I'll stick with D-sep!

TEEMONT
11-16-2009, 11:25 PM
he signed my daughters football. :

and thats why u like him....lol

Stlrs4Life
11-17-2009, 12:12 AM
Good bye Jeff.

steel-tex
11-17-2009, 12:53 AM
HE IS A PUSS - NOT STEELER MATERIAL - GO KICK FG FOR THE CHARGERS -

JensK
11-17-2009, 07:35 AM
I don't care about him not making a tackle or anything like that, i just want him to kick deeper, which he is not very capable of. It leaves a much shorter field for the returnman, and its easier to block against, because the returnman and the blockers are closer to eachother when he gets the ball.

LatrobePA
11-17-2009, 09:53 AM
Reed doesn't have the strength in him to kick the ball into the EZ. He's a wimpy little puss that is afraid of contact, he should be working in a build a bear store!