PDA

View Full Version : Ben Didn't Show Up

BlackGold4vr
11-15-2009, 05:34 PM
- His passes were off.
- He made poor decisions with the ball.
- When they showed him on the sidelines today there was no rallying the troops, instead he had the thousand yard stare like his mind was elsewhere.
- The defense did their job today.
- Offense laid an egg. :evilshake:

Looks like we're playing for a wild card spot now. Bengals have the tiebreaker and the better record. It will be very tough to finish a game better than them. They still have teams like Oakland, Cleveland, Detroit, and K.C. left on their schedule. :2cents:

HUNT4SEVEN
11-15-2009, 05:45 PM
The whole team didn't show up today we were out coached out played by the Bungals.....the defense couldn't get off the field on 3rd down early in the game, today we just sucked in all phases of the game IMO.

BlitzburghRockCity
11-15-2009, 05:49 PM
The entire team was flat, out of sync, still feeling jet lag, call it what you want, they were not on que today which is uncharacteristic of a Tomlin coached team. They were lethargic to say the least. It was ugly, and even with all that they still didn't allow Cincy to score on offense TD, which speaks for us and them. Cincy's offense wasn't that great today here people, let's not get crazy. They made more plays than we did, they made just enough when it counted and we didn't. The real story was our defense not showing up in crunch time.

Sir Blitzelot
11-15-2009, 05:53 PM
This loss should not just be on Ben. While he did miss some throws, the entire offense was ineffective today... Especially in the second half.

Troyisabeast_43
11-15-2009, 06:14 PM
- His passes were off.
- He made poor decisions with the ball.
- When they showed him on the sidelines today there was no rallying the troops, instead he had the thousand yard stare like his mind was elsewhere.
- The defense did their job today.
- Offense laid an egg. :evilshake:

Looks like we're playing for a wild card spot now. Bengals have the tiebreaker and the better record. It will be very tough to finish a game better than them. They still have teams like Oakland, Cleveland, Detroit, and K.C. left on their schedule. :2cents:

The only games the Bengals could possibly lose the rest of the way are at San Diego and at Minnesota back to back weeks in December. So that would mean the Steelers would have to win out the rest of the way the last 7 games at KC,at Balt,OAK,at Cleveland,GB and Balt at home and then at Miami. Definitely possible but it will be tough. Im not ready to give up and throw the towel in yet. This Steelers team is still pretty damn good and they will bounce back and keep the pressure on the Bengals the rest of the way to win games to force then to win this division...

lloydfan4life
11-15-2009, 06:27 PM
Division games are always the toughest ones to win. The Bungles had a good game plan defensively and were able to grind the clock when it mattered in the fourth. I agree with BG4vr, Ben even looked like his head wasn't in the game. This was a big game for us and we laid down and let the Bungles come into Heinz and whoop up on us. It's definitely going to make the rest of the road that much harder.... although it's not like they haven't been in these spots before.

jpele
11-15-2009, 06:28 PM
Ben was off today, the line was off today,Bruce Ariens was his usual pathetic self. Our running game is at its best goint to the right,the only run to the right was on a broken play mendy only had 13 carries.

The Bungals were getting pressure and keeping Ben in the pocket, why didn't they call a few roll outs ?

The Bungals do have a good defense, why didn't we use the no huddle ?

Zachintosh66
11-15-2009, 06:29 PM
Yes Ben was off (as the entire team), but he doenst get the majority of the finger pointing in my book. I dont blame him for being a little off... he had people in his face all day.

coldrolled
11-15-2009, 06:44 PM
Ben was off today, the line was off today,Bruce Ariens was his usual pathetic self. Our running game is at its best goint to the right,the only run to the right was on a broken play mendy only had 13 carries.

The Bungals were getting pressure and keeping Ben in the pocket, why didn't they call a few roll outs ?

The Bungals do have a good defense, why didn't we use the no huddle ?

We have a $100 million dollar QB and a great offense and a 2 cent play caller..\

For god sake he is from Cleveland... They dumped his butt.

This up and down offense will never end till Bruce is released.

dunfbe
11-15-2009, 06:44 PM
I was more worried about Ben's general disposition. Last few weeks he didn't look fazed even if he threw and INT. Today he just looked like he didn't want to be there. Then again the other OFF players didn't look much better. Santonio looked liked a soccer player screaming all day for calls against the opposition..and then he missed a possible TD catch

jpele
11-15-2009, 06:47 PM
I was more worried about Ben's general disposition. Last few weeks he didn't look fazed even if he threw and INT. Today he just looked like he didn't want to be there. Then again the other OFF players didn't look much better. Santonio looked liked a soccer player screaming all day for calls against the opposition..and then he missed a possible TD catch

Yea, I noticed that Ben seem to be in another world did you also notice Ward wasn't smiling on the sidelines.

JensK
11-15-2009, 06:50 PM
Yea, I noticed that Ben seem to be in another world did you also notice Ward wasn't smiling on the sidelines.

Ward played a terrible game imo. I noticed twice on a third down, where Ben looked Wards way, but Ward did not once look at Ben which ended with an incompletion.

dunfbe
11-15-2009, 07:00 PM
Ward played a terrible game imo. I noticed twice on a third down, where Ben looked Wards way, but Ward did not once look at Ben which ended with an incompletion.

This is really un-Steeler-like. Even when Hines jawed with the CB on the sideline it didn't fire him up for long. I hope its a once off...

BlitzburghRockCity
11-15-2009, 07:11 PM
The Steelers just didn't come to play today, it's a simple as that. Listening to Tunch, Wolf, and Bill and watching the game you could just see them flat and not with it today. Nothing went right today for this team,but in the end we still had a chance to drive down and score. The difference today was that we weren't up to the challenge.

dunfbe
11-15-2009, 07:31 PM
The KC game can't come soon enough...and if Brady Quinn could somehow beat the crows between now and then, the week would start well !!

SteelCityKid5
11-15-2009, 07:38 PM
Steelers played flat. Offense never got in rhythm. Defense did pretty well. Special Teams coverage was horrible, while Reed kicked well. This should bring everyone down to earth. Rebound with KC and the Baltimore game will be a good measuring stick. I hope Troy will be okay because our defense looks or plays like a different defense without him. I'm sure we'll see these turds in the playoffs and thats where it matters. Hats off to them though for beating us twice.

LarryNJ
11-15-2009, 07:42 PM
I agree that Ben simply wasn't his self. It's a shame that the team decides to lay an egg against the Bengals. But you have to hand it to their D they stepped up and played a very good game. It was a huge loss but I believe we'll bounce back.

Troyisabeast_43
11-15-2009, 08:47 PM
Ill never use this as an excuse and Im sure Mike Tomlin wont either but you have to wonder if the short week and playing in Denver Monday night with one less day to prepare had anything to do with today's lackluster performance. People need to give the Bengals a little bit more credit as well then they have been giving them so far today. They outplayed and the Steelers and were the better overall football team.

Ambridge
11-15-2009, 08:50 PM
Ben sucked "Monkey Balls" today along with the O-line and a BS game called by "Master-mind" Arians.
They wasted at least 3 possesions in the 2nd Half with Ben trying to throw Deep passes on 1st down and coming up Incomplete.

Too much Monday Night "Hangover" for the Steelers.

Troyisabeast_43
11-15-2009, 08:56 PM
The KC game can't come soon enough...and if Brady Quinn could somehow beat the crows between now and then, the week would start well !!

Very true a Ravens win tomorrow night puts them at 5-4 one game behind us in the wildcard playoff race with that huge Sunday night game coming up in Baltimore in 2 weeks. I think that game right there in Baltimore seeing that the Steelers have KC,Oakland,and Cleveland 3 out of the next 4 weeks that game in Baltimore pretty much determines if the Steelers still have a legit shot to catch the Bengals in the division. If the Steelers win that game in Baltimore in 2 weeks they will pretty much guarantee themselves to still be a game back of the Bengals come December 13th when the Bengals go on the road to Minnesota and then play the Chargers the following week. At that point the Steelers need to hope the Bengals lose both of those games and they win their last 3 games at home with Green Bay and Baltimore and on the road the final week in Miami...

North Steel
11-15-2009, 09:16 PM
The reason why they lost again was due to the play calling.they beat themselves again,get this guy out of here.how can you not have a running game,the times they did run the ball they were able to get some yards,so why did the abandon the run?e.g. 3rd and 2 shotgun,3rd and 3 shotgun wtf put some kind of guessing in the defense.Bruce get the fu_k outta here:banging:

Zachintosh66
11-15-2009, 09:39 PM
Its hard to complete passes when you got Stripes up your ***...

DanRooney
11-15-2009, 10:16 PM
Love Ben but this was the worst game he played all season.

beaver688
11-15-2009, 10:21 PM
Don't you know its the bengals turn to win this year.

steel-tex
11-15-2009, 10:33 PM
JUST WATCHED BRADY TO MOSS FOR A TD BRADY THREW IT FROM HIS 30 AND IT FELL INTO MOSSES HANDS AT THE 8 - BEN DOSN'T DO THAT - HE UNDERTHROWS HIS REC. ALOT - HIS ARM CAN'T THROW THAT DEEP BALL LIKE BRADY CAN. HIS SCRAMBLING AROUND MAKES UP FOR SOME OF THIS - BUT I NEVER SEEN HIM HIT WALLACE IN STRIDE - WALLACE OUT RUNS HIM.

DanRooney
11-15-2009, 10:57 PM
Ben has a cannon arm but his timing is just off in the game. Combine that w/ throwing into double coverage...Wallace wasn't exactly open like Moss on any play.

Iron City South
11-15-2009, 10:57 PM
Ben's overall lack of leadership both on the field and on the sideline was ....INEXCUSABLE!

His 1000 yd stare resembled Kordell's "deer in headlights" look of the 90's ...

BlacknGold Bleeder
11-15-2009, 11:10 PM
Ben has a cannon arm but his timing is just off in the game. Combine that w/ throwing into double coverage...Wallace wasn't exactly open like Moss on any play.

Wallace was open on the deep ball in the third quarter,I believe, Wallace had to slow down to try and catch it. Granted he threw it off his back foot but Wallace had his man beat.

The offense just didn't seem to have any kind of rhythm at all. Still waiting for the no huddle ,which they had success with against Denver, but it never came.... The defense was back to playing that vanilla stuff after Troy went out but was still adequate,I mean there were no offensive TD's. Take away the ST TD they had and it's a different game...
We used to dread seeing who would be able to catch a punt ,now we are holding our breath every time we kick off...

STEELER 4 LIFE
11-15-2009, 11:17 PM
How can you put any of that loss on the defense? I think they played very well today considering troy only played one series. The defense did bend but didn't brake allowing the offense chance after chance to take control of this game. If you ask me the offense is over rated right now. Too many weapons to sputter most of the game week after week, while the defense keeps them in the game!

PsychoWard
11-15-2009, 11:23 PM
I agree ben had a bad game but to compare him to kordell is just stupid!!! Ben has been putting up huge numbers all year and to come down him on just him because of one game means you really haven't been watching him all year! It is unbelievable that half of the fans blame one guy who in fact has been the leader of this team all year and should be the mvp of the league!

steel-tex
11-15-2009, 11:34 PM
BRUCE HAS TO CALL THE RIGHT PLAY - MOST OF THE TIME HE IS PREDICTABLE AS HELL NEVER SEEMS TO LET THE O GET IN A RYTHM - CLUSTER F---

Prosdo
11-16-2009, 12:50 AM
The whole offense didn't show up. Hopefully they refocus next week and get that offense firing on all cylinders.

BlackGold4vr
11-16-2009, 01:25 AM
Maybe Ben was sick, maybe there is something going on in his personal life. I don't know. What I do know is that normally Ben is much more animated and involved on the sidelines. Every time they showed him on the sidelines he had the 1000 yd stare like his mind was in another place. I saw no passion like one would expect playing your division nemesis from your franchise quarterback. Disconnected. Hope he gets his head screwed on right before the next game. There are no gimme's in the NFL. Can't mail it in. When Ben is on he is sharp and his passes are as accurate as anybodies. When his head is in the game and he is playing with passion he is a tough competitor and this offense can score on anybody! I was telling my wife throughout this whole game, Ben needs to wake the hell up and get his head out of his ***. He never did. Never saw that competitive fire light off.

:imho:

Captcoolhand
11-16-2009, 09:13 AM
Maybe Ben was sick, maybe there is something going on in his personal life. I don't know. What I do know is that normally Ben is much more animated and involved on the sidelines. Every time they showed him on the sidelines he had the 1000 yd stare like his mind was in another place. I saw no passion like one would expect playing your division nemesis from your franchise quarterback. Disconnected. Hope he gets his head screwed on right before the next game. There are no gimme's in the NFL. Can't mail it in. When Ben is on he is sharp and his passes are as accurate as anybodies. When his head is in the game and he is playing with passion he is a tough competitor and this offense can score on anybody! I was telling my wife throughout this whole game, Ben needs to wake the hell up and get his head out of his ***. He never did. Never saw that competitive fire light off.

:imho: I was telling my wife the same thing yesterday...

I picked up on it early in the game that something just wasn't right with Ben and was wondering, "Who's that playing for Ben" :thinking:
Everytime they zoomed in on him he looked as though he was thinking, "My mother just passed this morning but I'm still going to be here for my team"...... It was just plain awful. and you could feel it. Like mentioned already, I noticed that even Ward never got up smiling like his usual self. :scratch:
If you didn't know better you would have thought that they had a hex put on them before the game. Ben looking depressed, Ward aggravated, Reed missing tackles, Troy getting hurt(again) and even Miller dropping a sure pass right in his hands(which is like, unheard of!)
Man, I just hope that they bounce back next week and get a handle on whatever they didn't do yesterday. :crossfingers:

UKSTEELER
11-16-2009, 09:48 AM
It's the Arians factor, . . .

if someone was telling you what to do and how to do it,a nd you knew he was wrong but couldn't do a fat lot about it, you will generally get fed up, lose interest and feel it's just not worth bothering.

Arians needs to go, if he's still here next season, I'll be losing interest myself, and believe me I never thought i'd say that!!

75Steeler
11-16-2009, 12:12 PM
Yep it was like Ben was a shell of his normal self yesterday. Wonder what the deal is there? Our D looked good and out of those Ryan Clark and a few others were the only real standouts. Maybe the team was just over confident? everyone and their mother picked us to win yesterday and we fell quite short. I hope they correct what ever the problem(s) are before Baltimore.

Scorp
11-16-2009, 12:26 PM
He probably spotted that bitch that's suing him in the stands. C'mon man.

coldrolled
11-16-2009, 01:08 PM
It's the Arians factor, . . .

if someone was telling you what to do and how to do it,a nd you knew he was wrong but couldn't do a fat lot about it, you will generally get fed up, lose interest and feel it's just not worth bothering.

Arians needs to go, if he's still here next season, I'll be losing interest myself, and believe me I never thought i'd say that!!

it is also possible that ben wants to go no-huddle and BA stops him. Since the no-huddle makes BA look even more like the main problem on the offense.

how can this team go from Cold to Hot with the no-huddle almost every time they use it. why is it so noticable...

is no-huddle really just no arians...

maybe thats why ben and ward looked so pissed.

Scorp
11-16-2009, 01:22 PM
it is also possible that ben wants to go no-huddle and BA stops him. Since the no-huddle makes BA look even more like the main problem on the offense.

how can this team go from Cold to Hot with the no-huddle almost every time they use it. why is it so noticable...

is no-huddle really just no arians...

maybe thats why ben and ward looked so pissed.

BA needs to realize they have to play as a team and not cater to one's needs. Stick to what works.

Troyisabeast_43
11-16-2009, 08:36 PM

:imho:

His postgame comments were even weird with him saying that something yesterday just wasnt right. He said the crowd even didnt seem the same before and during the game and that the weather was weird too for November. I dont want to use this as an excuse but I really believe that the offense and Ben didnot have a good week of practice this week having a short week coming back from Denver and they were just completely flat for whatever reason the entire game especially in the red zone. I think they will use that as motivation for the rest of the season and not let that happen again where they come out that flat again. Thank goodness there are no more Monday night football games the rest of the season and the one game where we do have a short week is between the Raiders and the Thursday night game with the Browns...

DBR96A
11-18-2009, 05:59 PM
Ben Roethlisberger reverted to his 2008 self on Sunday, always looking for the big yards and not checking down enough. He's done a much better job of taking what the defense gives him this year than he did last year, but for one game I began to have flashbacks to last year.

This game was an aberration, as far as I'm concerned. Prior to, he hadn't had a passer rating under 80.0 all season.

A+M=O
11-19-2009, 01:36 PM
:nono:
The only games the Bengals could possibly lose the rest of the way are at San Diego and at Minnesota back to back weeks in December. So that would mean the Steelers would have to win out the rest of the way the last 7 games at KC,at Balt,OAK,at Cleveland,GB and Balt at home and then at Miami. Definitely possible but it will be tough. Im not ready to give up and throw the towel in yet. This Steelers team is still pretty damn good and they will bounce back and keep the pressure on the Bengals the rest of the way to win games to force then to win this division...

......on any given Sunday....!

--- Added 11/19/2009 at 11:36 AM ---

Ben has NEVER thrown the deep ball well,he holds on to the ball too long.By the time the ball gets there the receiver is covered.You would think that practice would in some way eliminate this.