PDA

View Full Version : Steelers unable to pull it together today

TheButt
11-15-2009, 05:13 PM
And Ben was just as bad,,, he cannot throw the long ball to save his life.

Harrison should have been ejected...

They played with no heart today...

No discipline...

Outcoached...

Outplayed.

JensK
11-15-2009, 05:15 PM
And Ben was just as bad,,, he cannot throw the long ball to save his life.

Harrison should have been ejected...

They played with no heart today...

No discipline...

Outcoached...

Outplayed.

And that pretty much sums it up. Another one to point out (which we shall because we lost!), is Ward. He cost us 2 first downs. Ben threw it at him, and not once did he look at the ball.

Troyisabeast_43
11-15-2009, 05:21 PM
Nothing you can do about it now fellas it sucks to lay an egg like this at home to the Bengals but you gotta give the Bengals and especially their defense credit they made the plays today when they needed too. You cannot continue to shoot yourself in the foot in the red zone time and time again like the Steelers did in this game. I thought the play calling was questionable as well down in the red zone. Overall,just a terrible loss and a loss that most likely unless the Bengals fall apart down the stretch is going to cost them the division title...

JensK
11-15-2009, 05:24 PM
Nothing you can do about it now fellas it sucks to lay an egg like this at home to the Bengals but you gotta give the Bengals and especially their defense credit they made the plays today when they needed too. You cannot continue to shoot yourself in the foot in the red zone time and time again like the Steelers did in this game. I thought the play calling was questionable as well down in the red zone. Overall,just a terrible loss and a loss that most likely unless the Bengals fall apart down the stretch is going to cost them the division title...

It pretty much also forces us to win the rest of our games if we want in the POs for a wildcard spot..

K Train
11-15-2009, 05:25 PM
no....special teams and throwing bombs on 1st and ten lost this game. everything else was jsut a result of those

TEEMONT
11-15-2009, 05:25 PM
yeah...I don't wanna sit here and make excuses...lets not be like bungles fans....two teams lined to play football and our team lost....both O's were sloppy as sin, and that KO return was the game winner in the end.

Its a long season...not too many fans will bitch about being 6-3, so I personally don't think we should either.

Kansas City is just what the doctor ordered I think.

Troyisabeast_43
11-15-2009, 05:27 PM
no....special teams and throwing bombs on 1st and ten lost this game. everything else was jsut a result of those

Yea they did K Train but let's give the Bengals defense a little bit of credit here too now. They played better then the Steelers and stopped them everytime when they needed too. The Bengals are for real and if the Steelers see them again in the playoffs they are going to be a very tough out...

JensK
11-15-2009, 05:27 PM
yeah...I don't wanna sit here and make excuses...lets not be like bungles fans....two teams lined to play football and our team lost....both O's were sloppy as sin, and that KO return was the game winner in the end.

Its a long season...not too many fans will bitch about being 6-3, so I personally don't think we should either.

Kansas City is just what the doctor ordered I think.

Its not so much being 6-3. Im all for 6-3, but the thing is that we are now 2 games behind Bengals, who are playing great football right now. It does not look good at all.

TEEMONT
11-15-2009, 05:29 PM
Its not so much being 6-3. Im all for 6-3, but the thing is that we are now 2 games behind Bengals, who are playing great football right now. It does not look good at all.

I wouldnt say they are playing great....both teams looked flat to me to be honest. Ill take a wildcard game in cincy for a rematch....

JensK
11-15-2009, 05:30 PM
Yea they did K Train but let's give the Bengals defense a little bit of credit here too now. They played better then the Steelers and stopped them everytime when they needed too. The Bengals are for real and if the Steelers see them again in the playoffs they are going to be a very tough out...

While Bengals Defense played good, i really don't think they made the difference as much as horrible offensive play. Ben overthrew everything but the deep bombs to Wallace all day long. Our WRs did not catch anything, and Arians decided not to let Mendenhall play ball. I did not see one counterplay at all, which is what we have excelled at all season..

--- Added 11/15/2009 at 03:30 PM ---

I wouldnt say they are playing great....both teams looked flat to me to be honest. Ill take a wildcard game in cincy for a rematch....

They didnt today, because our Defense is still playing great football as well, but Bengals have been good all season long imo. At least good enough not to throw this away.

dunfbe
11-15-2009, 05:32 PM
Its not just Ben who was off today, the entire O looked off their game...Santonio and Heath dropped passes, O-line had little push. But if that's the worst performance in 12 months, we have been spoilt until now. Those Baltimore games are going to be huge...:cursin:

HUNT4SEVEN
11-15-2009, 05:35 PM
We sucked in all 3 phases today plain an simple.....

LatrobePA
11-15-2009, 05:40 PM
Starks is a big mush of lard, has no business playing in the NFL...

K Train
11-15-2009, 05:41 PM

defense most definitley didnt suck

dunfbe
11-15-2009, 05:41 PM
Any news on Troy?

LatrobePA
11-15-2009, 05:43 PM
Any news on Troy?

No but I'm willing to bet another 4 weeks if not worse!

JensK
11-15-2009, 05:44 PM
No but I'm willing to bet another 4 weeks if not worse!

I don't think it looked so bad as last time. Hopefully he just reinjured it a little, if so he should be back in a couple of weeks. As T said, good thing we are having KC next week...

Steel Trap86
11-15-2009, 05:46 PM
The Bengals defense was more aggressive then the Steelers offense that whole game. Special Teams was terrible, playcalling was predictable, and those long bombs weren't happening in a game like that. I can't believe the Bungals swept the Steelers though, what a ****in disappointment.

JensK
11-15-2009, 05:51 PM
The Bengals defense was more aggressive then the Steelers offense that whole game. Special Teams was terrible, playcalling was predictable, and those long bombs weren't happening in a game like that. I can't believe the Bungals swept the Steelers though, what a ****in disappointment.

Oh they could have happened. Wallace beat his man over and over again, but Ben under threw him all the times

dunfbe
11-15-2009, 06:13 PM
Looking forward, it will be at least 11 wins to get a wildcard...if this is the worst performance of the year, then 5 more wins is possible no?

Troyisabeast_43
11-15-2009, 06:18 PM
Looking forward, it will be at least 11 wins to get a wildcard...if this is the worst performance of the year, then 5 more wins is possible no?

Yes they are possible especially with teams like KC,Oakland,Cleveland,Miami and Green Bay at home left on the schedule. The Steelers one way or another are going to be in the playoffs. Their division title hopes just took a big hit today is all but even that is still not a mortal lock just yet. Still a lot of football left fellas so let's forget about this one and move on and focus on getting back in the win column next Sunday in KC.

Moondog
11-15-2009, 06:24 PM

I agree, the Bengals D played very well, I have to give them credit. I'm really surprised by this game. I thought Pittsburgh would handle the Bengals quite easily...man, was I wrong. The Bengals are for real and they earned it by sweeping both the Ravens and the Steelers. It is what it is.

dunfbe
11-15-2009, 06:28 PM
I agree, the Bengals D played very well, I have to give them credit. I'm really surprised by this game. I thought Pittsburgh would handle the Bengals quite easily...man, was I wrong. The Bengals are for real and they earned it by sweeping both the Ravens and the Steelers. It is what it is.

Yeah, I really thought that the Steelers would have been up for this game. If anything I would have expected them to play bad next week vs the Chiefs thru over-confidence. At least that shouldn't happen now..watch out KC! :cope:

jpele
11-15-2009, 06:40 PM

Wrong, our defense played a good game, the other 2 I'll give you. Do not dispare we lost the AFCN to the Bungals before and I like the way that turned out.

Zachintosh66
11-15-2009, 06:43 PM
D played well... O and ST were ******

JensK
11-15-2009, 06:47 PM
Gotta give credit where credit is due - Our defense played pretty good. I did not like our LB play today - They missed plenty of tackles and made some stupid mistakes, although i loved the Woodley kick!

Keisel is proving Steelers right when they gave him a new contract. He is playing his best football of his life right now, forcing sacks, knockdowns and just a shitton of preasure.

William Gay played great! He was here, there and everywhere. Our secondary was overall pretty great actually. Clark played a good game too, and Taylor had Chad controlled most game. Carter was kinda anonymous, and while i missed troy i really don't see him making much of a difference, since we held them from anything.

Zachintosh66
11-15-2009, 06:57 PM
Keisel is playing out of his mind... damn near unblockable as of late!

jpele
11-15-2009, 06:58 PM
Chad eight five had 2 catches for 29 yards and if Tomlin would have thrown the challenge flag ,Chad winds up with one catch.

Troyisabeast_43
11-15-2009, 07:08 PM
It just seems like everytime the Steelers had momentum and a chance to score on the Bengals they would have a negative play in the red zone or a penalty or just something go wrong for them to shoot themselves in the foot. It just had that look and feel all day for whatever reason. The Steelers had plenty of chances to take control of this game and had they gotten a TD to open the 4th quarter and gone up 16-12 I do believe the defense holds Cincy down the rest of the game and finds a way to win but it just didnt turn out that way...

Big T
11-15-2009, 07:14 PM
Play calling was putrid....especially in the redzone. Offensive line played like complete ****. Gotta give credit to their D line...they played lights out, especially batting all those balls down.

dunfbe
11-15-2009, 07:17 PM
Gotta give credit where credit is due - Our defense played pretty good. I did not like our LB play today - They missed plenty of tackles and made some stupid mistakes, although i loved the Woodley kick!

Keisel is proving Steelers right when they gave him a new contract. He is playing his best football of his life right now, forcing sacks, knockdowns and just a shitton of preasure.

William Gay played great! He was here, there and everywhere. Our secondary was overall pretty great actually. Clark played a good game too, and Taylor had Chad controlled most game. Carter was kinda anonymous, and while i missed troy i really don't see him making much of a difference, since we held them from anything.

It shows what a weird game it was when, as you say, Troy's absence probably had no impact on the result

Big T
11-15-2009, 07:18 PM
D Sep needs to practice kickoffs and be our new kickoff man. His leg is stronger( I don't know how much longer I can deal with the kickoffs being caught at the 10-15) and he can actually tackle or atleast make a better attempt than Jeff.

jpele
11-15-2009, 07:25 PM
their D line...they played lights out, especially batting all those balls down.

And not one rollout was called to get Ben to the outside.

coldrolled
11-16-2009, 01:26 PM
And not one rollout was called to get Ben to the outside.

No roll outs and mendy was out most of the game... is he hurt??

No pass to mendy in the flat. did moore get one or two?

sad game planning