PDA

View Full Version : Playoffs still within reach after win today...(LONG POST)

Troyisabeast_43
11-19-2006, 07:24 PM
Now I know many people are probably thinking what are you talking about after both Baltimore and Cincy won. But as Ive been saying on here the last few weeks we needed to get to that Baltimore game to have a shot and now that we have despite being 4 games back of the Ravens we sure do. The key now is for the Steelers to beat the Ravens next week and hope the Ravens lose at Cincy and at KC the two weeks following our game with them next week. Keep in mind the Cincy game for the Ravens is on a Thursday night and its on the road on a short week after playing the Steelers next Sunday. And Kansas City is at Arrowhead in December in a game the Chiefs are going to have to win to stay in wildcard contention. And dont forget those same weeks the Ravens play the Bengals and Chiefs on the road the Steelers play Tampa Bay and the Browns here back to back weeks at home at Heinz Field two games you would think very much that the Steelers should be able to win.

So its not totally impossible or insane to think that the Ravens cant lose the next 3 games with their schedule and the Steelers cant win their next 3 games with their schedule. If that indeed does happen the Steelers would be 7-6 at that point and the Ravens would be 8-5 and only a game behind them plus they would have the game remaining here still with Baltimore on Christmas Eve and the head to head tiebraker with them by beating them next week if they do. Im still not concerned with Cincy because if the Steelers do win out here they will finish 10-6 and a better record then the Bengals. Cincy has a brutal schedule in December having to finish off with the Broncos and Colts on the road before playing the Steelers in Cincy the last week of the year. So you can bank on it that the Bengals will lose a few more games which makes them at this point really a non-factor being only one game behind them if the Steelers do indeed keep winning.

Also,dont forget the Steelers are still only 2 games or so out of the wildcard spot. They got help today with the Jets losing to the Bears. It puts them at 5-5 and only one game behind them now at 4-6. And even though Kansas City won today barely over Oakland they are 6-4 but the Steelers are still only 2 back of them and have the head to head tiebraker with them because they did beat them. Kansas City also has a lot of tough games left on their schedule which they could very easily lose including a game this coming week on Thanksgiving to Denver. Jacksonville tomorrow has a tough game at home with the Giants and if they lose would go to 5-5 and the Steelers would be only one game behind them. Plus the Jags keep in mind have QB problems with Leftwich now out the rest of the year and Garrard struggling and not being a sure thing. Keep in mind the Jags still have games left with the Giants,Colts,Pats,and Chiefs the rest of the year very very tough compared to the Steelers schedule the last 6 games.

So Im telling you guys if you break down that scenario very very closely that I just wrote and you will clearly see that the Steelers are still very very much alive in the playoff picture, and if they win next week they are right in the thick of the AFC North race based on the upcoming schedule for both the Ravens and the Steelers. Let's just stay tuned and see what happens here.

AZ_Steeler
11-19-2006, 09:21 PM
I'm still keeping :crossfingers: The Steelers need to worry about themselves and keep on winning :tt02:

House of Steel
11-19-2006, 09:33 PM
Keep on Winning, Beat Baltimore twice and Cincinnati. We got ourselves back in the race.

Koopa
11-19-2006, 09:39 PM
smh.........

House of Steel
11-19-2006, 09:42 PM
SMH??? Clear that up for me, Koopa. I am lost on that one.

Koopa
11-19-2006, 10:56 PM
smh= shaking my head

and i'm shaking my head cause he keeps making these post after every game, there is no way we can get it, espically when the ravens keep winning and the bengals won, and the chiefs won, and the chargers are still gonna have a way better record then us....there is no chance in hell at making the playoffs

Steelersfan
11-19-2006, 11:08 PM
I'm not worried about the others teams right now. We just need to win our games like we did the end of last year and let the pieces fall where they may. We do still have a shot with the schedule the other teams have. But that won't matter if we don't win our games.

SteelersfaninPhilly
11-19-2006, 11:39 PM
smh= shaking my head

and i'm shaking my head cause he keeps making these post after every game, there is no way we can get it, espically when the ravens keep winning and the bengals won, and the chiefs won, and the chargers are still gonna have a way better record then us....there is no chance in hell at making the playoffs

Dam Koopa always being so dam negative.

BBG7
11-19-2006, 11:48 PM
I think he brings up great points, and I love the confidence. Now, I really hope you're right. The biggest thing is we have to pick up our game to keep
winning, because we are still not playing that great

House of Steel
11-19-2006, 11:51 PM
Koopa is making a lot of sense in many ways. I know we still have a shot, but we got a ways to go.

SteelersfaninPhilly
11-19-2006, 11:54 PM
Koopa is making a lot of sense in many ways. I know we still have a shot, but we got a ways to go.

So we run the table. Plain and simple.

House of Steel
11-19-2006, 11:56 PM
Right on. Exactly. Our schedule is getting easier and the Bengals harder. I can't believe Cincy won despite a 500 yards passing game from Brees, that is so messed up.

Koopa
11-20-2006, 12:28 AM
Dam Koopa always being so dam negative.

no, it's being truthful, the wild cards are going to whoever doesn't win the broncos and chargers division, and the other will go to the chiefs or jags

we don't have any tie breakers over anyone, the bengals are still in front of us record wise and have the tie breaker.....

the ravens keep winning, and they are not the browns, they will beat us if we play like we played today... yeah we showed poise and came back but it was against the browns

realistically we have no chance in hell at the playoffs, but if y'all want to keep thinking it then go right on ahead, no ones stopping you

SteelerFan87
11-20-2006, 12:47 AM
no, it's being truthful, the wild cards are going to whoever doesn't win the broncos and chargers division, and the other will go to the chiefs or jags

we don't have any tie breakers over anyone, the bengals are still in front of us record wise and have the tie breaker.....

the ravens keep winning, and they are not the browns, they will beat us if we play like we played today... yeah we showed poise and came back but it was against the browns

realistically we have no chance in hell at the playoffs, but if y'all want to keep thinking it then go right on ahead, no ones stopping you

Well, we do have a tiebreaker over the Chiefs, and the Jaguars have the Giants and Miami (who knows what can happen in those games?) and the Colts, Pats, and Chiefs, which will all be tough games. If they lose 3 of those games, we'd be ahead of them. (If we run the table) If the Chiefs lose 2 more games, and finish 10-6, we beat them with the tiebreaker. They have to play Denver, SD, Baltimore, and the Jags. We'd need the Jets to lose 2 games. So then, if the loser of the AFC West race gets 1 wildcard, then the Steelers would be the other wildcard. EXTREMELY unlikely, but possible.

BlitzburghRockCity
11-20-2006, 01:35 AM
It all hinges on us winning every single divisional game from here on out atleast. If we do that we have a shot because the rabirds will lose atleast 2 more games but we have to beat them both times we play them.

Cincy will do nothing because their defense is pathetic and their OL is banged up. We play them again and I know we can beat them. We're gonna need help but its not out of the realm of possibility.

Troyisabeast_43
11-20-2006, 03:11 PM
Cincy is a non factor now for us guys and here is why because as long as we stay one game behind them the rest of the way and run the table at 10-6 we will get the tiebraker over them because we would have the better division record at 5-1 to their 4-2 assuming of course we run the table and win out. And you can bank on it that the Bengals will lose another game here so dont really worry about them at all. The teams the Steelers need to worry about and focus on are the Ravens,Chiefs,Jags,and Jets. If the Jags lose to the Giants tonight they are 5-5 and were back to a game behind them, and if the Chiefs lose to Denver on Thanksgiving night which is very possible now seeing Denver just lost last night and needs to win now then were a game behind both them and the Jets. This team is very much still in it and if they beat the Ravens this Sunday they will make the playoffs Im prediciting somehow someway. If we keep winning enough things based on the schedueling and the way things set up for the other teams that we need to lose things will fall our way and you can bet at 10-6 the Steelers will be in the playoffs. Its still very very possible and its not a longshot by any stretch at all.

Black@Gold Forever32
11-20-2006, 03:27 PM
Hey I love the positive attitude. But I still say the Steelers are a long shot. Now if the Steelers can come out and play strong against the Ravens and win the game. I might start to buy into the Steelers running the table. The Steelers must play better then they did against the Browns.