PDA

View Full Version : I Was Wrong!

BlackGold4vr
11-11-2009, 07:38 PM
I thought from the beginning of the season that the division would come down to the Steelers and the Ravens. I completely discounted the Bungels and they have played some good football. What the Bungels seem to have found that they lacked in previous years is a defense. Their offense has been good for some time, but in past years their defense could never get off the field in the big games. Regardless of what happens in this Sundays game I believe it is the Ravens who will be watching the playoffs from their homes and NOT the Bungels. I do believe that the Steelers will beat the Bungels this weekend and ultimately win the division, however the Bungels are a team to be reckoned with this year. Competition is good, it makes you battle hardened. :yesnod:

75Steeler
11-11-2009, 08:00 PM
I agree 100% with you. I too thought we would be in a division dogfight with the ratbirds and that the Bungles would be 3rd. Can't wait till Sunday when our boys make them fall to #2.

:cope: :tt02:

Big T
11-11-2009, 08:09 PM
During the offseason, anytime I told people that I was nervous about the bengals this year, they laughed and thought I was crazy.

I knew they would be better but I didn't know they would be tops in the AFCN at mid-season.

Props to them but their reign atop te AFC North ends Sunday and the steelers won't look back. (especially because we play the chiefs, raiders, and browns again)

jpele
11-11-2009, 08:18 PM
You're not the only one that missed on the Bengals. I remember laughing at Bill Cowher in the pre-season when he picked them to make the playoffs.

Black@Gold Forever32
11-11-2009, 08:53 PM
I had the Bengals at 9-7 and in second place in the AFC North before the season started....I had the Ratbirds at 8-8.......

The Bengals actually had a good defense last year it was Palmers injury that killed the Bengals last year.....I thought the Bengals defense would be better this year and with a healthy Carson Palmer the Bengals would challenge for a Wild Card spot.....But they're challenging for the AFC North and could win this division......The Steelers can't afford to blow this game Sunday.........

SteelCityKid5
11-11-2009, 11:08 PM
Bengals weren't a surprise to me. It was all about them being healthy and now they are getting the results. Still, do not count out the Ravens. They always play close with the Steelers

Woodson_DownUnder
11-18-2009, 10:54 PM
Bengals weren't a surprise to me. It was all about them being healthy and now they are getting the results. Still, do not count out the Ravens. They always play close with the Steelers

Well said SCK5. Giving them kudos for the 7-2 record is what needs to be acknowledged but sheesh, ask the G-Men & Broncos how easily a super start can fall to pieces in a such a short time is something else. The Bengals have the pressure on themselves to not stumble while the Steelers slip under the radar while the Colts go undefeated.. just the way I like it. I think the Ravens need to beat the Steelers at least once to stand a hope in snatching a wildcard. Hope the Steelers D rattles their cage. :2guns: :crossfingers:

LatrobePA
11-19-2009, 09:58 AM
I knew the Ravens would fall off a bit, Flacco was fresh, now teams know how to play him.

Bengals had me worried, but I will say this, they are still the same old bungles with just a few fresh faces....