PDA

View Full Version : Holmes is becoming what we hoped he would

BlitzburghRockCity
11-19-2006, 05:16 PM
Santonio had a monster game today. 5 receps for 75 yards and 1 TD. They make not seem like huge numbers but everyone of his catches was a monster play that kept drives going. He's cemented his place opposite Hines Ward, IMO. He's getting better and better every week, and just has a knack for getting open. This kid,for all his faults in being a punt returner is turning into 1 helluva WR for us.

Cedric just doesnt make the clutch plays, and his lack of awareness on the field, especially on the sidelines could have cost us big time.

Black@Gold Forever32
11-19-2006, 05:18 PM
Santonio had a monster game today. 5 receps for 75 yards and 1 TD. They make not seem like huge numbers but everyone of his catches was a monster play that kept drives going. He's cemented his place opposite Hines Ward, IMO. He's getting better and better every week, and just has a knack for getting open. This kid,for all his faults in being a punt returner is turning into 1 helluva WR for us.

Cedric just doesnt make the clutch plays, and his lack of awareness on the field, especially on the sidelines could have cost us big time.

All of Holme's 5 catches were huge today. I wanted the Steelers to draft Holmes. On Steelers Fever before the draft I was preaching why the Steelers should draft him. As a WR he is fine. But I hope when Reid comes back that he takes over the punt returns. But hey Santonio didn't fumble today on punt returns.

BlitzburghRockCity
11-19-2006, 05:19 PM
My heart was racing on those returns, I was praying he wouldnt fumble !!!

Koopa
11-19-2006, 05:20 PM
hell yeah, i knew he was gonna be good, that's why i backed him up even though he kept fumbling on punt returns

and in the draft i was happy as hell we got him, but i never once mentioned us getting him cause i thought he'd be long gone lol

Black@Gold Forever32
11-19-2006, 05:20 PM
My heart was racing on those returns, I was praying he wouldnt fumble !!!

Dude I grabbed my bottle of Vodka and took a shot everytime Santonio fielded a punt today.

BlitzburghRockCity
11-19-2006, 05:22 PM
OH God, dont mention alcohol, not after I drank out the entire bar last night :lol:

SteelerFan87
11-19-2006, 05:22 PM
Great game by Holmes. First career touchdown, and lots of clutch catches. That's the kind of recieving threat I wanted to replace Randle El. This kid's going to be good.

Black@Gold Forever32
11-19-2006, 05:27 PM
OH God, dont mention alcohol, not after I drank out the entire bar last night :lol:

Damn brother it must have been rough watching the game today then. Man the Steelers have caused me to drink more this season.

BlitzburghRockCity
11-19-2006, 05:31 PM
Dude, let me tell yeah, I was hurtin all game long. The room was spinning last night big time and Im still not sure it really isnt still going...

Prosdo
11-19-2006, 06:41 PM
I like him in the receiving game, but please not in the returns. Good game by Holmes.

Koopa
11-19-2006, 07:05 PM
at least he did alright returning the punts today lol, even though the defense only made them punt what?? twice??

House of Steel
11-19-2006, 07:11 PM
Holmes came through on some huge plays, I love this guy, not only playing for us, but as a former Buckeye. Morey did a hell of a job on returning some punts and so did Najeh until a penalty called that one back. ST is finally woken up.

Hburg
11-19-2006, 07:16 PM
Finally, after all the times I did beat down on Holmes not getting it together he has, did, and did damn good! He looked great today! He made big plays, he admitted when he made a mistake (making that connection with the rest of the team) and showed his abilities to get open when Ben got flushed out of the pocket. He's gonna only get better!

BuFu

AZ_Steeler
11-19-2006, 08:30 PM
Holmes is looking better and better each week! It's amazing though how he can be such a good receiver but as a returner he just sucks!!! He is definitely cementing himself opposite of Hines!

Koopa
12-08-2006, 03:57 PM
i didn't feel like starting a new thread and so i just brought this one back to life.......and i'm not sure if it's been mentioned but holmes has already gotten more yards receiving then ARE did last year, holmes right now has 585, el had 558......he has also got the same amount of receiving tds 1 lol.........holmes is still getting better each game, the sky is the limit for this dude and i'm so glad he's on our side cause his future is gonna be great

BlitzburghRockCity
12-08-2006, 04:02 PM
I know, everyone he catches the ball you can see his confidence grow as he gets more comfortable. This guy is going to be a beast for us if he keeps improving at this pace. He and Hines will be a formidable duo next year.

Hburg
12-08-2006, 07:30 PM
He's learning the system and making some monster grabs! I was upset with him earlier this season but now I'm very happy to see how much he has improved! He and Hines will prolly become a good deep threat!

BuFu

House of Steel
12-08-2006, 07:41 PM
Holmes is getting too good. I say, he will be a monster of a receiver next season with Ward. The NFL is going to be in some deep ****. I wish Washington would pick his game up like he did last night. Those trio would be deadly.

BlitzburghRockCity
12-08-2006, 08:26 PM
Nate has stepped up his game in the last couple weeks, if he can keep it going we can definately have that formidable trio of WR's with speed that can kill.

Koopa
12-08-2006, 08:38 PM
nate is still basically a rookie so i forgive his retardedness lol

House of Steel
12-08-2006, 08:39 PM
retardedness? What the hell you talking about? You speak gibberish sometimes.

Koopa
12-08-2006, 08:47 PM
i'm calling him a retard for dropping the ball so much......so i said i'd forgive his retardedness i never said it was a real word........how about just keep going if you don't understand, i don't like explaining everything i write

Hburg
12-08-2006, 10:55 PM
I thought he would have done better this year he has struggled with dropping key passes but hopefully by next year he will combine with Holmes and Ward for a trio of scary receivers.

BuFu

K Train
12-09-2006, 01:02 AM
Nate is really fast, he beat out everyone in training camp with the sprints....everyone like Parker, Taylor, Hampton. Starks....all those speedsters. If him and Holmes are gonna be fast and ward is gonna still be great in general and holmes ,makes catches like he did last night....look out NFL!

Oh and ben needs to stay healthy to get the ball to em

BlitzburghRockCity
12-09-2006, 07:56 AM
I thought he would have done better this year he has struggled with dropping key passes but hopefully by next year he will combine with Holmes and Ward for a trio of scary receivers.

BuFu

I think we were all surprised at how many key passes he dropped..I know I was looking forward to him challenging Cedric for the other starting job this year but Holmes is progressing very quickly so next camp should be a great battle to watch.

Captcoolhand
12-09-2006, 09:29 AM
I guess when you don't have Charges hanging over your head, you seem to feel more free to concentrate on other things. Way to go Holmes, Good game:bigthumb:

Prosdo
12-09-2006, 04:05 PM
With Holmes and Washington showing so well and having more time the upcoming offseason I think Ced might be out of a job.

Black@Gold Forever32
12-09-2006, 04:14 PM
I'm very happy with the progress Holmes has made as a WR. He has put up better stats then Plax did in his rookie year. Plus as a punt returners he hasn't fumbled lately. I hope I just didn't jinx him. lol

Prosdo
12-09-2006, 04:17 PM
We know who to blame if it did :p

Black@Gold Forever32
12-09-2006, 04:20 PM
We know who to blame if it did :p

lol if Holmes fumbles against the Panthers. You guys/gals here at SA can smack me then.lol

Koopa
12-09-2006, 04:20 PM
he made up for one of his 2 lost fumbles on thursday when he recovered dookies

Black@Gold Forever32
12-09-2006, 04:21 PM
he made up for one of his 2 lost fumbles on thursday when he recovered dookies

Very true and I noticed that to.