PDA

View Full Version : ESPN Post game

Stlrs4Life
11-10-2009, 11:32 AM
Did you guys catch the ESPN post game conversation on how Ben is still not an "elite"QB? A few years ago he was called a game manager and was a guy who got to where he was because of the running game and throwing only 20 passes a game or whatever. This season he's putting up ridiculous #'s, so now the argument changed to he's not in the Brady/Manning divine place because he doesn't "dictate" to defenses... What? This is just complete and utter bull I just can't believe the bias against Ben and don't understand the reasoning behind it if there is any. What is it that he has to do throw 10 TD passes a game? I'm starting to believe what many here have said about ex players having hatred for the Steelers from past beatings they took with just plain envy at their success mixed in there too. It has to be something like that because the analysis is just too stupid even for ex jocks.
One more thing is Steve Young plain retarded or on drugs? He babbles sometimes incoherently and his train of thought just derails completely somethings not right with that guy.

Oh there was also mention of how it's the weapons he has around him that make him look good, apparently Manning/Brady have never had good recievers.

LatrobePA
11-10-2009, 11:40 AM
Wipe your *** with the white collared elite BS, Ben is a blue collard f'n STUD! Steelers style of "elite"! I wouldn't have it any other way!

Moondog
11-10-2009, 11:46 AM
It's all good, it just keeps Ben playing with fire in his belly.

BlitzburghRockCity
11-10-2009, 11:49 AM
Wipe your *** with the white collared elite BS, Ben is a blue collard f'n STUD! Steelers style of "elite"! I wouldn't have it any other way!

Couldn't have said it any better myself; Ben will never be the NFL's poster child because it does it the old fashion way every week. He goes out there and takes the hits, makes the tough sneaks, wills his team to victory with sheer determination, gets his jersey dirty, and without a doubt is the toughest QB in the league. Take your Brady and your Manning; neither one of them would thrive in Pittsburgh the way that Ben does.

jpele
11-10-2009, 11:50 AM
Did you guys catch the ESPN post game conversation on how Ben is still not an "elite"QB?

Keep in mind the number of concussions Steve Young has endured, and the fact that he hates the Steelers with a passion.

Watch him sometime, whenever he's forced to say something positive about Pittsburgh his face muscles twitch and he starts tapping his fingers.

Zachintosh66
11-10-2009, 12:01 PM
brady and manning are media darlings...

i hope Ben never ends up like that, he is doing just fine on his own

75Steeler
11-10-2009, 12:39 PM
This pisses me off. Ben is 27 years old and already has 2 superbowl rings. He has one of the best QB ratings ever in the NFL and he is huge. He can throw the ball as good if not better than anyone in the league and he can take a hit. The sports media has never given him the respect he deserves. Did anyone see Mendenhall throw up that block to protect Ben last night? Mendenhall has really become just what we needed since Bettis retired.

:cope:

ejsteeler
11-10-2009, 12:57 PM
yeah, Young is a pitiful announcer....
Agreed though, Ben is in the class whether the haters want to admit it or not. Anyone with a brain knows it.:yesnod: :yellowthumb: :cope:

lloydfan4life
11-10-2009, 01:01 PM
keyword = ESPN :whatever:

Mach1
11-10-2009, 01:17 PM
He doesn't dictate? BS. In the post game interview with the donkos coach, he said they were only trying to run out the clock before half. If we didn't you'd put the ball back in Ben's hands with about two minuets remaining on the clock. And thats not a place you want to be.

For not being an 'elite' qb they sure are scared shitless of him and what he can do.

memphissteelergirl
11-10-2009, 01:21 PM
Ben is in the class whether the haters want to admit it or not. Anyone with a brain knows it.:yesnod: :yellowthumb: :cope:

:yellowthumb: True dat!!

Scorp
11-10-2009, 01:26 PM
All the commentators are still licking their nuts, (brady and manning). F-uck both of those ***-holes. Big Ben is greater than Manning and far greater than Ms. brady. We've all had this discussion during the offseason. It's our time once again. It's STELLERS TIME BABY!!!!! :cope: F-UCK THE NONBELIEVERS. :doublefinger: they can kiss my *** and lick my nuts as well as all the SteelerAddicts. :cope:

greg1964
11-10-2009, 01:40 PM
I don't have a problem with Big Ben not being mentioned with P. Manning or T. Brady: Hey: Manning hold many of the NFL passing records, and Brady is a three time Super Bowl MVP: (although: all before they were busted for cheating).

What I have a major problem with is for people like: Brees, Rivers, McNabb or worst yet C. Palmer being mentioned above Ben. Neither have won anything yet: Big has won more games faster than ANY OTHER QB in HISTORY. Two time Super Bowl winning QB, and if things end the way I hope for this year, He could have won 3 Super Bowl in 5 years.

I personally hope it come down to Ben vs Brady for the right to go to the Super Bowl and then Ben vs Brees with the Steelers winning the 7th Super Bowl title. Then all this who is the best QB stuff will be put to rest.

RIVERS OF STEEL
11-10-2009, 04:39 PM
It's the little weeny syndrome and, espn has the little weenies if you know what i mean. pure jealousy here, that is all. That same announcer said exactly the same **** last year after the superbowl. He and his male girlfriend have it in for ben. lol Thanks for reminding me it was that fn moron steve young. what a load. He has to be g.. And here's another thing Denver is fn done as a threat to anybody this year. Bring on those hiding under the bed rat bastards and the bungaloons from cincinasty. We are ready for you.

LarryNJ
11-10-2009, 09:03 PM
Today on ESPN radio in Philly the local afternoon hosts went on for about 30 minutes about Big Ben and the Steelers. Most of it was about what Ben has that McNabb doesn't. He throws an INT and accepts responsibility, heads to the bench talks with coaches, back up QB to see what went wrong, tells the rest of the team don't worry and goes out on the next series and drives them down the field. Basicly they are very impressed with his leadership. The point that they made which is so true was you can put someone in front of the TV who never watched a football game before and with in a minute or 2 they would pick Ben out as the leader.

They both said they don't like the Steelers but they have a man love of Ben and love to watch the Steelers play because they play the game the way it was meant to be played.

MattyVfromCT
11-10-2009, 11:41 PM
today on pti, michael wilbon, who seems to be the only espn personality with a brain, called the steelers the best and most complete team in the afc. to respond, tony kornheiser aka biggest moron on the planet, doesn't even mention indy or cincy. he says "even over new england?" WHAT!? new england won 2 big games against garbage teams. even considering them an elite team is laughable. you take away the wins against the titans, who quit on the field in the first half of that game, and the buc, who are flat out pathetic, and they aren't that great. this anti-pittsburgh pro-new england biases in the media are absolutely ridiculous. this isn't 2007. the pats aren't that great and the steelers are pretty damn good but the media as always has to spin it to make it look the other way around. please. let's get real, espn

--- Added 11/10/2009 at 09:41 PM ---

today on pti, michael wilbon, who seems to be the only espn personality with a brain, called the steelers the best and most complete team in the afc. to respond, tony kornheiser aka biggest moron on the planet, doesn't even mention indy or cincy. he says "even over new england?" WHAT!? new england won 2 big games against garbage teams. even considering them an elite team is laughable. you take away the wins against the titans, who quit on the field in the first half of that game, and the bucs, who are flat out pathetic, and they aren't that great. this anti-pittsburgh pro-new england biases in the media are absolutely ridiculous. this isn't 2007. the pats aren't that great and the steelers are pretty damn good but the media as always has to spin it to make it look the other way around. please. let's get real, espn

Lunchbucket
11-11-2009, 01:29 AM
Let's not forget ,Ben is just plain damn FUN to watch.He has more "Playground" skills than anyone in the league.Yea,he takes sacks, but no one makes big plays like this guy.They can keep the Prima Donna QB's in New England and Indy WE got the guy who brings some fun to the table.

franchise3
11-11-2009, 09:35 AM
to respond, tony kornheiser aka biggest moron on the planet, doesn't even mention indy or cincy. he says "even over new england?" WHAT!? new england won 2 big games against garbage teams. even considering them an elite team is laughable.

Pats are a better team than Cincy

LarryNJ
11-11-2009, 10:26 AM
It's funny how every teams fans think that thier team gets no national respect. I believe it's just that you tend to get defensive when something negative is said and it sticks in your mind. When something positive is said you hear it and move on. Other than the O line the Steelers and Ben get plenty of national props. Because a few may think that a team or player is better doesn't mean they get no respect.

Scorp
11-11-2009, 10:58 AM
Can we just put this to sleep already. Big Steel Ben is the best and the most fun to watch and has most "playground skills" and is a kick *** QB and is very great and is a true ELITE QB and tops all other qbs. Ben does not need records only CHAMPIONSHIPS. He's not through yet. :cope:

Lunchbucket
11-11-2009, 11:13 AM
Can we just put this to sleep already. Big Steel Ben is the best and the most fun to watch and has most "playground skills" and is a kick *** QB and is very great and is a true ELITE QB and tops all other qbs. Ben does not need records only CHAMPIONSHIPS. He's not through yet. :cope:

Well said!

SteelWolf62
11-11-2009, 04:16 PM
I personally hope it come down to Ben vs Brady for the right to go to the Super Bowl and then Ben vs Brees with the Steelers winning the 7th Super Bowl title. Then all this who is the best QB stuff will be put to rest.

Now THAT would be interesting to see how the media reacts.

coldrolled
11-12-2009, 04:49 PM
This pisses me off. Ben is 27 years old and already has 2 superbowl rings. He has one of the best QB ratings ever in the NFL and he is huge. He can throw the ball as good if not better than anyone in the league and he can take a hit. The sports media has never given him the respect he deserves. Did anyone see Mendenhall throw up that block to protect Ben last night? Mendenhall has really become just what we needed since Bettis retired.

:cope:

Ben is tops.. The media sees the steelers having a usual one or two quarters a game with 0 offensive points... they lay that problem on Ben.

I lay that on Bruce. We fix that and we will be an unbeatable machine.

Then Ben will be the king of QB's in the medias eyes.