PDA

View Full Version : You gotta be proud of Ben today !

BlitzburghRockCity
11-19-2006, 05:12 PM
Ben was horrific in the first half, 3 picks and couldnt do anything. The 2nd half he comes out firing and throws for 2 TD's and most of his yards !!!! His entire season has been up and down, but he came through today ! With all the problems, the picks, the taking sacks, he made big plays and clutch plays when he had too in the 2nd half. Im proud of him !

There is no one as tough as Ben, with everything he's gone through this year, he battled and battled in this game and came out a winner !!!

Black@Gold Forever32
11-19-2006, 05:15 PM
Well Ben hung in there and made the plays when it counted. True champions do that. How about Hines Ward? That guy hurts his knee or thats what it looked like and comes back in there . About Ben and his 3 picks. I really think only 1 was totally his fault today. Props to Santonio Holmes for stepping up today. He is really coming along as a WR.

BlitzburghRockCity
11-19-2006, 05:16 PM
Everybody on this team has the heart of a champion !!!

Black@Gold Forever32
11-19-2006, 05:19 PM
Everybody on this team has the heart of a champion !!!

Except Bill Cowher

SteelerFan87
11-19-2006, 05:26 PM
I just looked up the stats. Ben was 25 of 44 (44!) for 272 yrds, 2 TDs and 3 picks, which were off crazy bounces. I'm really impressed with the way Ben played in the 2nd half, and look! He threw over 30 times and we WON THE GAME! Suck on that ESPN.

Prosdo
11-19-2006, 06:43 PM
I am proud of Ben. I saw lots of the "old" Ben in there today. To those people who kept saying put in Batch get a grip.

Koopa
11-19-2006, 07:04 PM
after 3 picks and one for a td, can you blame me for saying that?? but yeah i gotta give props to ben for the end...hopefully that can carry over to next weeks game, cause i don't want to lose to the ****ing ravens

SteelersfaninPhilly
11-19-2006, 07:13 PM
Now bring on the Ratbirds :tt02:

House of Steel
11-19-2006, 07:19 PM
**** THE RATBIRDS!!!!!!!!!! BRING EM ON, PANSIES!!! I know TG and I are going to go wild on this week's captioning.

AZ_Steeler
11-19-2006, 08:33 PM
Ben's performances in the first and second half were like night and day! He showed a lot of character today by putting the first half behind him and lighting it up in the second half! HoS said in his post game that he was like 20 of 26 for over 200 yards in the fourth quarter... those are some awesome numbers for rallying your team in the end to pull off a "W"! :tt02:

House of Steel
11-19-2006, 09:46 PM
Sure was. I am definitely regretting for not attending this game in person. I am a little upset at myself. I missed a hell of a live game.

BBC
11-19-2006, 10:07 PM
after 3 picks and one for a td, can you blame me for saying that??

Yes.

Ben looked very good. Even his interception to Santonio was hardly his fault. He overthrew him, but it was just another freak bounce right into the defender's hands. He played a great game, interceptions or not.

BlacknGold Bleeder
11-19-2006, 10:23 PM
Except Bill Cowher

Bill does also, my what a short memory you have !!

House of Steel
11-19-2006, 10:27 PM
You noticed Bill did get a bit into it, but overall, he was his same old pathetic *** I don't give a damn for this team attitude.

Black@Gold Forever32
11-19-2006, 10:31 PM
Bill does also, my what a short memory you have !!

I'm sorry I question Bill Cowher and caring 100 percent about coaching this year. To me his hear isn't in it 100 percent this year and he has already retired in my mind. Now he can prove me wrong and not retire after this year. But by his actions most of this season he seems like a lame duck coach.

Steelersfan
11-19-2006, 10:38 PM
I'm sorry I question Bill Cowher and caring 100 percent about coaching this year. To me his hear isn't in it 100 percent this year and he has already retired in my mind. Now he can prove me wrong and not retire after this year. But by his actions most of this season he seems like a lame duck coach.

I'm about 50/50 on him thinking retirement and not caring but you have to think about what has gone on this year. The accidents, injuries, turnovers, stupid penalties, etc. As a coach I would be ready to give up when the players keep doing the same stupid things over and over. How much can you coach about how to NOT turn the ball over or how to NOT make stupid mistakes?
Sometimes I see him in games and he looks pissed as hell! Others times like he just doesn't care and then again other times when he just shakes his head like WTH is wrong with these guys! As a fan I get the same way at times. Granted I don't get paid to coach them but I can understand how he must feel at times during this season.

BlacknGold Bleeder
11-19-2006, 10:42 PM
I'm about 50/50 on him thinking retirement and not caring but you have to think about what has gone on this year. The accidents, injuries, turnovers, stupid penalties, etc. As a coach I would be ready to give up when the players keep doing the same stupid things over and over. How much can you coach about how to NOT turn the ball over or how to NOT make stupid mistakes?
Sometimes I see him in games and he looks pissed as hell! Others times like he just doesn't care and then again other times when he just shakes his head like WTF is wrong with these guys!

I agree 100 % Your post was right on target, bullseye !!

BBC
11-19-2006, 11:21 PM
If the players were going out there and executing perfectly, you might be able to blame it on the coach.

Unfortunately, that isn't happening. The players are losing these games all by themselves, it's got nothing to do with Bill. Any speculation as to what Bill is feeling right now is simply that - speculation. We have no idea what he is thinking, or if he's going to retire this year or in 10 years. Don't act like you do.

Black@Gold Forever32
11-19-2006, 11:27 PM
If the players were going out there and executing perfectly, you might be able to blame it on the coach.

Unfortunately, that isn't happening. The players are losing these games all by themselves, it's got nothing to do with Bill. Any speculation as to what Bill is feeling right now is simply that - speculation. We have no idea what he is thinking, or if he's going to retire this year or in 10 years. Don't act like you do.

BBC I'm not acting like I know whats going on in Bill Cowher's head. Just stating my opinion which an internet message board is intended for.

Black@Gold Forever32
11-19-2006, 11:29 PM
Sometimes I see him in games and he looks pissed as hell! Others times like he just doesn't care and then again other times when he just shakes his head like WTH is wrong with these guys! As a fan I get the same way at times. Granted I don't get paid to coach them but I can understand how he must feel at times during this season.

Yea I would agree with alot you said in that post. But at times this year it looked like Bill Cowher had no control on this team and the team was just playing reckless. That reflects coaching.

Steelersfan
11-19-2006, 11:37 PM
Yea I would agree with alot you said in that post. But at times this year it looked like Bill Cowher had no control on this team and the team was just playing reckless. That reflects coaching.

I agree with you on that and I've even said it looked like he had no control. I was just trying to point out how he might be feeling just like some of us fans at times. Not really giving up but more like being at a loss for what is wrong with this team.

BBG7
11-19-2006, 11:37 PM
The one thing you can look at though is his emotion on the side line and it's just not there this year. I haven't even seen the jaw much. When you look at that, you can tell the fire is gone.

House of Steel
11-19-2006, 11:55 PM
He was into the game a little bit today cause I watching his facial emotion, he gotten a bit ticked off on some crazy calls. He was cussing someone out.

Steelersfan
11-19-2006, 11:58 PM
That was on the punt return for a TD wasn't it?

BBG7
11-20-2006, 12:02 AM
I agree evvery once in a while he will show that emotion we know him for, but look at the past and this year, and you will find a lot less.

BlitzburghRockCity
11-20-2006, 01:38 AM
I don't question Bill as far as not caring about the team. I know he cares, he's been through too much with these players through the years to not care. I do question though how much his heart is in coaching anymore. I can understand him being at a loss for words, hell we all are.

I honestly dont think he'll come back next year unless something drastically changes.