PDA

View Full Version : Anyone Catch This On ESPN?

BlackGold4vr
11-10-2009, 09:52 AM
Did anyone catch that Adam Schefter said that the team that Larry Johnson wants to play for is the Steelers? I wonder if he or his agent has contacted the Steelers? I personally don't think he would be good for team chemistry or the development of Rashard Mendenhall. :2cents:

ejsteeler
11-10-2009, 09:55 AM
I hope not.......we have what we need right now, no sense muddling up the waters.....

cmerrifield
11-10-2009, 09:55 AM
He can want to play for us all he wants, in fact, I bet a whole lot of people would like to play for us, however, he is one of the last people I want to see in black and gold. He is a jerk and I dont care how talented he is, I DONT want him, and I doubt Tomlin, as high as he is on character, wants him either.

LatrobePA
11-10-2009, 09:57 AM
Brownies will snag him....

Stlrs4Life
11-10-2009, 10:33 AM
I can believe that, why wouldn't he want to play for the Steelers?

Zachintosh66
11-10-2009, 11:02 AM
no comment :evilshake:

CANCER

K Train
11-10-2009, 11:23 AM
i would be for it....a change of scenery would be good for him, they could put willie on the shelf. its not like he would play a huge role.

schefter is just about always right too

75Steeler
11-10-2009, 11:27 AM
Doesn't everyone want to play for the Steelers? I know I do!

:cope:

Big T
11-10-2009, 11:47 AM
I would be ok with it....he was a cancer in KC because they were so bad and he wanted out...I think he would do alright here...he would barely see the field but for depth I would be ok with it...I don't think he wants to be a backup though.

Scorp
11-10-2009, 12:20 PM
He would be a very nice addition. But we have everything going our way without him as well. So, we'll see what happens.

Ibleedblk&gld
11-10-2009, 12:25 PM
yeah they were saying that he's from PA, wanted to be drafted by the steelers, and if he clears waivers, he'd love to play for the steelers...but i agree, his character is enough to keep him out of the black and gold uniform

K Train
11-10-2009, 12:35 PM
I would be ok with it....he was a cancer in KC because they were so bad and he wanted out...I think he would do alright here...he would barely see the field but for depth I would be ok with it...I don't think he wants to be a backup though.

he clearly knows he would be a backup....he would be cheap, motivated because its his hometown team, solid depth since willie cant be counted on and he wants to get a ring....cant really blame him

Blazedby92
11-10-2009, 12:36 PM
I would take him, I don't think he would be a cancer for us because we win and if he started his crap I am pretty sure there are a few players that would put him in his place.
Redzone RB that won't fumble the ball:cope:

K Train
11-10-2009, 12:55 PM
Redzone RB that won't fumble the ball:cope:

:rolleyes:

maybe you should just be the goal line back

BlitzburghRockCity
11-10-2009, 01:00 PM
He hasn't been the same since he hurt his knees, and the way he's acted in KC over the last few years I don't think there's any way the Rooney's would bring him in anyways.

Putting his character aside, from a standpoint of having a motivated backup which Im sure he would be coming to Pittsburgh, it wouldn't be a bad idea. Parker can't be counted on for anything and his time in Pittsburgh is over after this year anyways so that only leaves Moore to carry the rock for the time being other than Mendenhall.

K Train
11-10-2009, 01:06 PM
it would be like signing davenport, only more talented

igor0190
11-10-2009, 01:28 PM
If he really wants to come to Pittsburgh he would play for the minimum.

BlitzburghRockCity
11-10-2009, 02:23 PM
I was just reading on usa today over lunch, all the stuff he's pulled over the last few years there's no way in hell the Rooney's would bring him in, no matter how talented he is. Honestly when you call your coach out on twitter, ridicule fans and use inappropriate terms to make fun of them,question your coach and get suspended, and generally just not be a positive influence in a locker room; well the Rooney's won't have much to do with you.

Blazedby92
11-10-2009, 02:43 PM
:rolleyes:

maybe you should just be the goal line back

I can't be any worse at it than Mendy. I let you make that decision since you are the SELF PROCLAIMED SCOUT and the only one on this site that knows all who is good and who isn't , the kid is scared of contact what I seen last night, don't get me wrong he is good but like I said not long ago, he needs to lower the shoulder and hit someone and I haven't really seen it yet.

Remove your lips from his balls and quit being a Steeler Homer. :yellowthumb:

K Train
11-10-2009, 04:34 PM

really? this is a joke....please read through some of the threads made after the game, especially the one about ward if you wanna see some steeler homers.

i would much rather have parker in there in goal line situations just to get stuffed.....it might be time to realize not every RB is gonna be bettis.

Steel Trap86
11-10-2009, 04:54 PM
I wouldn't mind trying LJ out, why the **** not? He was a "cancer" in KC because the Cheifs are bums and he wanted out. He wouldnt pull that **** in Pittsburgh, there are enough players that would keep him in check and if he wants to play with the Steelers he'd shut his mouth and play ball, he knows they don't need him.

K Train
11-10-2009, 05:24 PM
I can't be any worse at it than Mendy. I let you make that decision since you are the SELF PROCLAIMED SCOUT and the only one on this site that knows all who is good and who isn't , the kid is scared of contact what I seen last night, don't get me wrong he is good but like I said not long ago, he needs to lower the shoulder and hit someone and I haven't really seen it yet.

id also like the add that mendenhall only has 2 fumbles.....willie parker has 2 fumbles, ben roethlisberger has 2 fumbles

actually so does thomas jones, adrian peterson, kevin smith, matt forte, larry johnson and steven jackson.

but mendenhall has less fumbles than beanie wells, jonathan stewart, deangelo williams, darren mcfadden, and tim hightower....all of whom share carries with another back.

and he has 2 less than michael turner....one of the most sure handed backs in the league last year. and he has 3 less than steve slaton.

idk, i think were in pretty good hands....and considering hes only started 5 games and has more yards than all but 11 backs who have started all the games, i think hes on pace for a pretty good season as a first time starter

Blazedby92
11-10-2009, 07:19 PM
He would even have more if he didn't use the sideline to end his run. I never said he was terrible I said he fumbles too much in critical situations 2 of his fumbles was trying to cross the goalline not just running the ball down field and so what if all those back have more fumbles than him, maybe since other QB's have x number of INT's than Ben it must mean it's OK for Ben to throw more. I don't know about you but I expect better from the Champs, we didn't win the SB because it was OK to turn the ball over every now and then.

No I don't want him to be Bettis, I want him to pound it down their throat, otherwise put a shoulder down and hit somebody, I think he is scared too and the goaline situation is a no brainer since we don't have a capable short yardage back it has to be him but atleast protect the ball. I give em props on the edges but as soon as he see a defender he runs and of bounds.
:imho:

ejsteeler
11-10-2009, 09:21 PM
I don't always agree with K, but calling him a homer is really far off the mark. He'll slam a Steeler long before anyone else. That being said, I just don't think LJ would fit. I hear all the cheap and motivated talk and don't disagree, I just don't see him all of a sudden becoming a team player regardless of role or team......:dunno:

K Train
11-10-2009, 09:40 PM
think corey dillon to NE, or randy moss to NE....theres more example of troubled players that go to a new enviroment and become standup team mates, those 2 just stick out to me.

and its not by accident that they are both NE, pittsburgh and NE are run nearly identically and when disgruntled immature players want to come to a winning, disciplined it does usually work out. moss wanted to come here, marshall (from pittsburgh) wanted to come here....its just a good place for people to play. the steelers arent all choir boys, but the team keeps them in check pretty good

ejsteeler
11-11-2009, 06:49 AM
Can't argue with that, it all makes sense. It's just not something I would do. Good thing I'm not a coach.......:yesnod: