PDA

View Full Version : Who's stadium is this anyway?

LarryNJ
11-10-2009, 07:29 AM
This certainly isn't a surprise but it's still fun to read. This is a first place team not the Bucs so that makes it even sweeter!

http://www.denverpost.com/news/ci_13752175?source=searchles

This is my favorite line of the article:

Super effort, Pittsburgh. The Steal City can snatch a stadium as well as the Continental Army captured Fort Ticonderoga.

And my favorite comment:

The fans who sold their tickets are absolutely disgraceful, plz sell them to real broncos fans and never return to invesco again. I've never seen anything like that before it was completely shameful, I bet you'd NEVER in a million years see a steelers fan sell their tickets to an opposing teams fans.

lloydfan4life
11-10-2009, 07:46 AM
:lol: Pregame showed Dawkins screaming to his teammates "This is our house" :blah::blah::blah:

It sure didn't look like 'their house'. :rofl:

Way to represent, Steeler Nation! :cope:

StlersGuy
11-10-2009, 08:00 AM
The Steelers came with the no-huddle; the Broncos replied with the all-muddle.

I love it :lol:

memphissteelergirl
11-10-2009, 08:46 AM
Hehe...I had to laugh when they showed the stadium nearly empty around the 2-minute warning.

I asked some other Steeler fans at the bar with me: "Hey! Where'd everybody go??" :lol:

And to see nothing but Black and Gold fans left in the stands waving their Terrible Towels....BEAUTIFUL!! :tt02::tt02:

LatrobePA
11-10-2009, 09:31 AM
56 was raising his arms to the crowd to get loud, love it.....

floodcitygirl
11-10-2009, 09:41 AM
I agree. Fun read if you're a Steeler fan! They do just love to hate us, huh?! :tt02:

Stlrs4Life
11-10-2009, 10:40 AM
56 was raising his arms to the crowd to get loud, love it.....

Was telling that to my brother! Thought it was some new signal or something?

jpele
11-10-2009, 10:44 AM
"We became one-dimensional," McDaniels said.

The Steelers do that to teams Josh. :tt02:

The 20,000 season-ticket holders who sold their seats in every section, on every level to the Steelers

How quickly they forget, we did the same thing to them during the playoffs'. Of course we do it to everyone everywhere.

BlitzburghRockCity
11-10-2009, 10:45 AM
Every game is a home game for us! :tt02: Man it must really **** those players off to see Steeler fans take over their home turf every time we travel :towelwave:

Big T
11-10-2009, 11:41 AM
One of my favorite points in the game was when Heath miller caught a pretty routine little 6 yard pass and the crowd just broke out with the "Heath" chant...beautiful

lloydfan4life
11-10-2009, 11:48 AM
One of my favorite points in the game was when Heath miller caught a pretty routine little 6 yard pass and the crowd just broke out with the "Heath" chant...beautiful

:lol: you picked up on that too? I told my daughter, Listen to 'em chanting "Heathhhh".

75Steeler
11-10-2009, 11:54 AM
Wow! We are Steeler Nation and we represent our team better than any other fans in the NFL. Steeler fans don't have to travel for Steeler games, we are already in every city in the country. Our team comes to play and so do our fans!

:tt02: :cope: :tt02: :cope:

memphissteelergirl
11-10-2009, 12:18 PM
Wow! We are Steeler Nation and we represent our team better than any other fans in the NFL. Steeler fans don't have to travel for Steeler games, we are already in every city in the country. Our team comes to play and so do our fans!

:tt02: :cope: :tt02: :cope:

:clap::plus1:

Steel Trap86
11-10-2009, 02:49 PM

lol i caught that too :cope:

RIVERS OF STEEL
11-10-2009, 03:21 PM
The very moment the bronkohs looked like they might tank the remaining denver fans started leaving the stadium en masse(in large numbers). I mean a least watch your team to the end. Steelers fans: win, lose, or draw we are always there till the end. West coast fans are pure wusaroos."we are so used to winning that losing is not an option" me.

KemoTherapy
11-10-2009, 07:24 PM
Paige is a clown but he is correct in noting that the famed "high altitude advantage" really seemed to be a non factor and I for one was impressed with the Steeler's fitness levels. Especially considering the length of time the D was on the field in the first half.

lloydfan4life
11-11-2009, 07:58 AM
The very moment the bronkohs looked like they might tank the remaining denver fans started leaving the stadium en masse(in large numbers). I mean a least watch your team to the end. Steelers fans: win, lose, or draw we are always there till the end. West coast fans are pure wusaroos."we are so used to winning that losing is not an option" me.

wusaroos :rofl:

SteelWolf62
11-11-2009, 03:20 PM
My daughter and I were at the game and it was simply amazing how that place emptied out (during the game)!!! There was definitely 20,000 of nation there and probably more like 25,000-30,000. I have to say it felt a LOT like being home!!!! Heeeeeeea-th sounds brought everyone (waving the towel) to their feet and it definitely sent chills down the spine. I wonder what he thought?

greennick
11-12-2009, 10:30 AM
The article writer, Woody Paige, is one of the regular guys from Around the Horn, right? If so, I like that guy, he is a character.

LarryNJ
11-12-2009, 11:07 PM
Yes that's him..he they are talking about the Denver game.

http://sports.espn.go.com/espnradio/player?context=podcast&id=4642774