PDA

View Full Version : If there's any doubt left about Mendenhall, it should be gone

BlitzburghRockCity
11-10-2009, 01:04 AM
This kid coming up big on MNF, responding when he's called upon, that's exactly what you want to see. He's going to make his mistakes now and then, cough it up at the wrong time, miss a blitz pickup here and there, but the more experience he gets the more you can see him just getting more and more confident. He's hitting the holes with authority, running downhill, falling forward, all the things you want to see a good RB do. Even with the slow start in the first half, he took the adjustments that the coaches made at half time and really kicked it into gear. The Broncos are/were #3 vs the run going into this game so having a big day on the ground is quite an accomplishment.

There will still be growing pains to deal with, you can be sure, this any doubt of whether or not this kid has it should be gone. All he needs is continued reps in game situations and he'll be scary good!

K Train
11-10-2009, 01:10 AM
basically what ive been preeching since day one.....it was only a matter of time

HUNT4SEVEN
11-10-2009, 01:18 AM
Mendenhall is the man, but he still needs to learn to carry that ball higher, but he's getting faster an better week in an week out, that was an sick run he had to give us a first down after we had them penalties in the 4 th quarter.

Big T
11-10-2009, 01:23 AM
Look at every post I've ever had regarding Rashard. I knew he would be fine. He is showing exactly why he was picked where he was. I can honestly say that if he keeps this up, he will be a pro bowl back sometime in the next couple years. He is monster and has earned more carries...he needs the rock more. He is on his way to 1,000 yards this season.

Ibleedblk&gld
mendy is just what the doctor ordered for our run game...the willie situation still sucks, and i'd hate to see him go, but mendy and memo are a great tandum

K Train
i would like to add that i love the spin move....little reckless? maybe, but its delicious when he does it

Black@Gold Forever32
11-10-2009, 01:26 AM
The kid was a first round pick for a reason.......I never called him a bust and was patient with him and he showing what I expected from him.....But one point to make is there were some huge holes out there tonight so major props to the OL but Mendhenhall hits the hole hard with authority and exploded through the hole.....Yea he dances to much at times and loves his spin move a tad to much at times but you can't hate on this kid anymore and he is starting to live up to his draft status.....He is going to be a beast for years to come......

Ibleedblk&gld
11-10-2009, 01:26 AM
yeah, he's good w/ the spin, minus the 3 yd loss when he spun into a defensemen, lol....did you catch santonio's little spin that opened him up for a catch in the middle? that was nice

Big T
11-10-2009, 01:29 AM
i would like to add that i love the spin move....little reckless? maybe, but its delicious when he does it

He'll probably fumble now and then because of it but it's awesome seeing him spin out of tackles. He is exciting.

--- Added 11/9/2009 at 11:29 PM ---

yeah, he's good w/ the spin, minus the 3 yd loss when he spun into a defensemen, lol....did you catch santonio's little spin that opened him up for a catch in the middle? that was nice

Santonio's spin = beautiful

LarryNJ
11-10-2009, 08:19 AM
Props to Rasard, he's really starting to mature. I guess that Tomlin knew what he was doing benching his *** a few weeks ago! :)

Blazedby92
11-10-2009, 08:34 AM
He's good when he has the ball protected but he FUMBLES way too much especially in the redzone. He will win some games for us and he might just lose a some for us. HIGH AND TIGHT, HIGH AND TIGHT!!!!!
And to be honest with you he was going to be a bust until Tomlin put a foot in his arse. Now Coach needs to get him something to hold the ball with, he is fumble prone, reminds me of Thurman Thomas.

lloydfan4life
11-10-2009, 08:54 AM
Mendy had a great game. Didn't quite understand why he ran out of bounds in the late stages of the fourth quarter rather than lowering a shoulder and plowing that little db over. :dunno: Would've been nice to keep the clock running at that point.

155 yards against the #3 run D speaks volumes of our Oline and of Mendy's abilities! :cope: It's going to be exciting watching him grow in our system.

Sir Blitzelot
11-10-2009, 10:00 AM
Mendenhall had an outstanding game last night. What impresses me the most about him is his acceleration once he hits the hole. He also did a great job of closing on that final offensive drive in the fourth quarter. My props to Rashard, he played one hell of a game. :clap:

Ibleedblk&gld
11-10-2009, 10:05 AM
Didn't quite understand why he ran out of bounds in the late stages of the fourth quarter rather than lowering a shoulder and plowing that little db over. :dunno:

the altitude may have played a part...he probably lost his breath and decided to end the play instead of try to make something happen in fear he might lose the ball

LatrobePA
11-10-2009, 10:14 AM
the altitude may have played a part...he probably lost his breath and decided to end the play instead of try to make something happen in fear he might lose the ball

Yep, the clock kept running too, not sure if they thought he was pushed out???

steelcitysfinestXL
11-10-2009, 10:43 AM
Mendy had a great game. Didn't quite understand why he ran out of bounds in the late stages of the fourth quarter rather than lowering a shoulder and plowing that little db over. :dunno: Would've been nice to keep the clock running at that point.

155 yards against the #3 run D speaks volumes of our Oline and of Mendy's abilities! :cope: It's going to be exciting watching him grow in our system.

:clap: THANK YOU... get some stones kid!!! LOL! In all seriousness... i LOVE the way he runs the ball (when there is a whole) BUT i hated watching him run out of bounds TWICE after long runs. He's our guy, and i LOVE it, but that $hit needs to end NOW! If 52 year old Hines Ward is hurdling mugs at the 3 yard line, the Mende can at least, protect himself first and stay in-bounds! Esp. under late in the 4th! But his explosiveness is through the hole... AWE-INSPIRING!

GoBenGo
11-10-2009, 11:23 AM
This is what I had hoped for when we drafted him...bAdass...did ya see that last long run?! He took it to yet another level. That last drive, you KNEW he would get it done. When was the last back that made you feel like that :cope:

jpele
11-10-2009, 11:29 AM
He gets better every week,if only they'd give him more carries.High and tight Rashard high and tight.

GoBenGo
11-10-2009, 12:00 PM
[QUOTE=Blazedby92;316724... good when he has the ball protected but he FUMBLES way too much especially in the redzone...[/QUOTE]
Imho this team fumbles way too much in The RZ. Now and historically. Too many times I have been reduced to tears in the RZ by a drive ending fumble:cope:...bus,ben,ward,fwp,mendy,etc it is the ultimate gut wrencher :helmet:

ejsteeler
11-10-2009, 01:00 PM
I'm sold and I'll be the first to admit I was downing him and pushing Willie coming into the season. I am happy to be wrong in cases like this. He can easily be the man the next several years if he continues on this path. Gotta love it!! :cope:

75Steeler
11-10-2009, 01:20 PM
Did you guys see him throw up that big block for Ben? Mendenhall is becoming a true Steeler!

Scorp
11-10-2009, 01:38 PM
I just want to say great job Mendenhall. Never doubted you bro. :cope:

KemoTherapy
11-10-2009, 08:08 PM
The kid is doing well in what could be considered his rookie season but he still looks like he's going to drop the rock with every carry. That one they reviewed late in the game was as close to a fumble as they come.

MOTORKRAFT
11-11-2009, 01:06 AM
Mendenhall needed time to adjust to the pro game, he is still learning. Watch this video (turn the volume down) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gzZNrBkN2bU . He runs to go out of bounds. Watch this video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tfJybuzkMT0 . If Mendenhall would run like that all of our problems would be solved.:cope:

K Train
11-11-2009, 01:26 AM
did you even watch that video? never once did he run just to go out of bounds and when he did go to the sideline he lowered his shoulder until he was forced out. i do not think it was a great move to run OOB against the broncos last night but damn hes not the first to ever do that. all i saw in that video was something to be excited about, a player with the potential to be special. and you saw clips of mendenhall becoming a RB.

trying to get the edge is his style and hes got the speed, theres nothing wrong with that....the video showed me him running behind his pads and having elite vision with some of his cuts

TEEMONT
11-11-2009, 09:50 AM
I'll always be a FWP fan, but I guess I gotta put the team first and say Mendy is the man right now. The line has been absolutely playing solid for him too, which is huge, but when the dude gets to the second level he does seem to make the defenders pay. And he absolutely has that burst.

I know Willie won't be back next year, there is no sense in renewing his contract at this point, unless he gives a huge discount. However the dude has had a taste of what its like to be the man, and I don't think he enjoys playing second fiddle. I just pray to God that they don't bring Redman in on the active roster.

Even Jerome Bettis ran out of bounds....

Blazedby92
11-11-2009, 12:05 PM
Mendenhall needed time to adjust to the pro game, he is still learning. Watch this video (turn the volume down) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gzZNrBkN2bU . He runs to go out of bounds. Watch this video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tfJybuzkMT0 . If Mendenhall would run like that all of our problems would be solved.:cope:

:plus1:

did you even watch that video? never once did he run just to go out of bounds and when he did go to the sideline he lowered his shoulder until he was forced out. i do not think it was a great move to run OOB against the broncos last night but damn hes not the first to ever do that. all i saw in that video was something to be excited about, a player with the potential to be special. and you saw clips of mendenhall becoming a RB.

trying to get the edge is his style and hes got the speed, theres nothing wrong with that....the video showed me him running behind his pads and having elite vision with some of his cuts

He NEVER once lowers his shoulder and the one time in the video he did go up the middle he dropped to the ground as soon as he seen a defender. RAY RAY has put the fear of being hit in him. He is an out of bounds guy and that won't ever change, there is a reason he was in Tomlins doghouse because his work ethics and heart.

You see this just like I do but since he is YOUR guy you won't critisize him. He has the talent NO DOUBT but not the heart.

I'll always be a FWP fan, but I guess I gotta put the team first and say Mendy is the man right now. The line has been absolutely playing solid for him too, which is huge, but when the dude gets to the second level he does seem to make the defenders pay. And he absolutely has that burst.

I know Willie won't be back next year, there is no sense in renewing his contract at this point, unless he gives a huge discount. However the dude has had a taste of what its like to be the man, and I don't think he enjoys playing second fiddle. I just pray to God that they don't bring Redman in on the active roster.

PLEASE show me a clip or tell me a game he(mendy) makes anyone pay and I will shut up. I don't remeber jerome ever going out of bounds except after being winded anyways jerome was a north and south runner he couldn't coward to the OB line. Mendy is like the old C. Benson when goes N and S he drops the first person that touches him. Like I said RAY RAY put the fear into him and we will see it come out when we play them.

--- Added 11/11/2009 at 10:05 AM ---

This is the Mendenhall I thought the Steelers drafted. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O7OiYXlBEZU

He runs the the OB alot but he would cut it back inside to extend the run.

K Train
11-11-2009, 02:10 PM
look 55 second in and 108.....to say hes NEVER lowered his shoulder is ignorant, and to say he will never get better or change is just ****ing retarded...hes just getting going and is no where near at his best. theres not a DB that would say rashard mendenhall is fun to tackle.

and its not because hes "my guy" that i defend him, i just havent seen anything but improvments from him and have no reason to slam him unlike everyone else that expects him to be bettis or peterson and be a reckless, punishing runner. his style of running works fine and his vision is off the charts imo

BlitzburghRockCity
11-11-2009, 02:49 PM

You and I were the main FWP supporters around here the last couple years, even in the face of all the "parker sucks" talk..LOL. I agree Parker won't be back, there's plenty of teams that will snatch him up to be the main guy for them. You can't help but like what Mendy is doing right now, he's getting more and more confident every week and seeing him hit the hole with authority and being able to see the field better, just makes you realize how special this kid is going to be if he keeps progressing at the rate he has been so far.

75Steeler
11-11-2009, 09:17 PM
I supported FWP more than anyone but Mendenhall is what is best for the Steelers. It will be sad to see FWP go but only because of what he has done in the past for us. But for right now FWP is a good back up to Mendenhall and I'm sure FWP has been helping bring him along as a rookie.

:cope:

DanRooney
11-11-2009, 09:21 PM
Fast Willie Parker won't be the main guy anywhere after he leaves this season. He's done and was done since 2006.

Big T
11-11-2009, 09:43 PM
I love how some of you guys (blazedby92) just look for **** to criticize about. Ya he ran OoB a couple times Monday night but of course you won't talk about that 10-15 yard rum he had in the redzone toward the end of the game where he broke a couple tackles, spun, and kept his legs moving. Or where he was in the open field one-on-one against the DB where he made him miss, broke the tackle and kept running. How bout inside the redzone against san Diego where on first down he ran for a good 5 yards up the middle and lowered he shoulder right into a linebacker, knocking that bitch silly. Or his second TD against San Diego when he plowed over a couple guys to get in the endzone. How
bout against detroit when he broke like 4 tackles and hurdled a few times.

He also has the 2nd best YPC out of any back in the NFL with 100+ carries, only behind Chris Johnson. If he got as many carries as AP and others, he would have top 5 stats across the board and would be a pro bowl player THIS year. He is still on pace for 1,000+ yards though he's only started 5 games.

You guys love to talk about the negatives but won't give him props where they are due. Also remember that he hasn't even played 16 games yet and has only played like 5 as a starter. He's getting better and better every week and I LOVE what I'm seeing out of him. The dude is gonna be a monster for us for years to come and I would bet anything that he will be All-Pro very soon.

Black@Gold Forever32
11-11-2009, 09:49 PM
You and I were the main FWP supporters around here the last couple years, even in the face of all the "parker sucks" talk..LOL. I agree Parker won't be back, there's plenty of teams that will snatch him up to be the main guy for them. You can't help but like what Mendy is doing right now, he's getting more and more confident every week and seeing him hit the hole with authority and being able to see the field better, just makes you realize how special this kid is going to be if he keeps progressing at the rate he has been so far.

I never hated on Parker....I just stated that since the Steelers spent a first round pick on Rashard Mendenhall then he needed to be the starter sooner rather then later......I will always respect Willie Parker for what he done for the Pittsburgh Steelers.....He was a very good RB in his own right and had the longest TD run in Super Bowl history which had a hand in the Super winning Super Bowl XL.....Willie Parker was an undrafted FA and exceeded my expectations of him......I also wouldn't right off Parker just yet.....You need more then one RB in the NFL.....I still think Parker will make some huge plays for this team this year......

Blazedby92
11-11-2009, 10:09 PM
Sounds familiar, Is the shoe on the other foot now? When people cheer for someone else all K and his disciples(Big T) always seems to be is neg. towards them because thats not K's guy. And yes every time K puts something on the site here comes T and guess what you agree with K EVERYTIME, remove your lips.:grin1:

Big T
11-11-2009, 10:29 PM
Sounds familiar, Is the shoe on the other foot now? When people cheer for someone else all K and his disciples(Big T) always seems to be is neg. towards them because thats not K's guy. And yes every time K puts something on the site here comes T and guess what you agree with K EVERYTIME, remove your lips.:grin1:

Why don't you do a little bit of reading before you go and make a complete *** out of yourself....sure K and I agree on a lot here but there are quite a few things that, are you ready for this, we actually disagree on. Check back to any post that had to do with Ryan Clark being cleared to play in Denver. I thought Mike should sit him, while Train called him a pussy if he decided not to play.

So before you try to go and act like your **** don't stink and you're always right, do a little thinking and decide if you really want to make yourself sound like the *** you are.

Everyone has their own opinion, and I respect that, but you don't have to go a be a douche about it.

JensK
11-12-2009, 04:27 AM

You will probably find that its because they are the less biased ppl on the site, which is why they tend to agree... Its not like they do it the whole time, but they have the same opinions on alot of things - Normally stuff where others get their feelings hurt, because its not ultra positive about their beloved Steelers...

Blazedby92
11-12-2009, 09:26 AM
Why don't you do a little bit of reading before you go and make a complete *** out of yourself....sure K and I agree on a lot here but there are quite a few things that, are you ready for this, we actually disagree on. Check back to any post that had to do with Ryan Clark being cleared to play in Denver. I thought Mike should sit him, while Train called him a pussy if he decided not to play.

So before you try to go and act like your **** don't stink and you're always right, do a little thinking and decide if you really want to make yourself sound like the *** you are.

Everyone has their own opinion, and I respect that, but you don't have to go a be a douche about it.

I think you need to read alittle because I said YOU always agree with K not you both agree on stuff and I am proud of you for having a opinion for yourself for once.:clap:
And yes everyone has an opinion and I voiced mine and of course here comes K and his followers to disagree with me because K did, so before you try and lecture me about acting like I know eveything and my **** don't stink you need to look in the mirror or are you still attached to K's balls.

Mendy has alot of the Qualities to be a good back but I still think he lacks heart and he can't learn to hold onto the ball in the redzone. If he can lower his shoulder to Ray Ray when we play the Ratbirds and not run out of bounds I will quit beating him up but until then you need to quit making an *** of yourself.

You will probably find that its because they are the less biased ppl on the site, which is why they tend to agree... Its not like they do it the whole time, but they have the same opinions on alot of things - Normally stuff where others get their feelings hurt, because its not ultra positive about their beloved Steelers...

And there is a reason you have a "K" in your name too.:thinking: So what you are saying it's OK for them to be less biased to others but when I do it I'm out of line and yes they do it all the time. So now that I point out some neg. that isn't ultra positive about Mendy and their feelings get hurt.
Dude, You know nothing about anything so shut the ***k up and go watch some Futbol.:nahnah:

JensK
11-12-2009, 11:42 AM
And there is a reason you have a "K" in your name too.:thinking: So what you are saying it's OK for them to be less biased to others but when I do it I'm out of line and yes they do it all the time. So now that I point out some neg. that isn't ultra positive about Mendy and their feelings get hurt.
Dude, You know nothing about anything so shut the ***k up and go watch some Futbol.:nahnah:

Sigh... You must be the most mature member on this site.

First off, i have a K in my name because my name is Jens Korsgaard - i'll give you a few minutes to figure that one out.

Second off, they just debate - the don't get all butt-hurt if we agree with them or not, but they have their opinions and they stick with them. Also, there is no point what so ever in pointing personal attacks against me - all i stated was that they are unbiased unlike most of this site (not once did i mention you btw), but they don't go crazy and start yelling at people if we don't agree. Oh and they do have some pretty valid points in this topic too - Mendenhall does not run oob all the time. He did it one time, maybe two against Denver, other than that he havnt done it at all, and the posted vids back that up pretty well. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=00ZNRusGexI if you want more prove... So really, relax a little and chill some. Its hilarious that an internet forum can make you freak out like that and make you all hurt and stuff.

K Train
11-12-2009, 01:46 PM
i like how you think i post to please other people. i dont give a **** whether someone agrees with me or not, and people rarely do cause people cant seem to face reality alot of the time and are just blind steeler lovers who are just all about the rah rah go steelers smashmouth football and if they dont play a perfect game its not good enough. im about the furthest thing from that

Big T
11-12-2009, 01:58 PM
i like how you think i post to please other people. i dont give a **** whether someone agrees with me or not, and people rarely do cause people cant seem to face reality alot of the time and are just blind steeler lovers who are just all about the rah rah go steelers smashmouth football and if they dont play a perfect game its not good enough. im about the furthest thing from that

Don't forget about how I'm attached to your balls because we agree.

I'm just a college bum having a little fun..... I love how some people get so worked up

Blazedby92
11-12-2009, 02:00 PM
Sigh... You must be the most mature member on this site.

First off, i have a K in my name because my name is Jens Korsgaard - i'll give you a few minutes to figure that one out.

Second off, they just debate - the don't get all butt-hurt if we agree with them or not, but they have their opinions and they stick with them. Also, there is no point what so ever in pointing personal attacks against me - all i stated was that they are unbiased unlike most of this site (not once did i mention you btw), but they don't go crazy and start yelling at people if we don't agree. Oh and they do have some pretty valid points in this topic too - Mendenhall does not run oob all the time. He did it one time, maybe two against Denver, other than that he havnt done it at all, and the posted vids back that up pretty well. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=00ZNRusGexI if you want more prove... So really, relax a little and chill some. Its hilarious that an internet forum can make you freak out like that and make you all hurt and stuff.

First off, K for Korsgaard it wouldn't be personal if you wouldn't have stuck your nose where it doesn't belong. Don't speak unless you rspoken too and i'll give you a few minutes to figure that out:yellowthumb:

Second off, we are debating and I'm not the one butt-hurt apparently you homers are, I was the one stating my opinion and it must of hurt K and you guys(K followers) feelings.

And thank you for supporting my fact of him running OOB when he could of extended the run OR Lowered his shoulder OR done one of his ridiculious spins in the Denver game:clap:

If he doesn't run OOB he is running next to it 90% of the time.
And noone has yet to show me a clip where lowers his shoulder and runs over someone.

Like I said since you know nothing about nothing go watch YOUR Futbol.

Danger DANJ
11-12-2009, 02:10 PM
I love what Mendy has been showing, especially knowing he will get better... That's a bit scary. But, there were 2 runs against Denver that he never should have run out of bounds. 1 of those runs especially... he could have had another 5-10 yards or possibly a TD if he breaks the tackle. On that run even my girl, who doesn't watch much football, was screaming for him to keep running. lol. Maybe the Denver altitude tired him out or maybe he didn't want to risk any injury in a game the Steelers were running away with? I don't know, but I hope he doesn't do that in a game where the score is close or the Steelers are behind. I've seen Mendy lower his shoulder more than a few times this season, so I'm pretty confident he isn't afraid of contact.

Blazedby92
11-12-2009, 02:12 PM

Dude You just described yourself in this quote "if they dont play a perfect game its not good enough" One thread someone put how Evander did a couple of good things and here you go saying that he didn't do much and you hated him getting drafted and since that wasn't your guy he will never be good in your eyes and that isn't the only time you did that about a player.

I actually respect you a little for your opinions, I may not agree
It's your followers that I have little respect for if any.

Don't forget about how I'm attached to your balls because we agree.

I'm just a college bum having a little fun..... I love how some people get so worked up

JensK
11-12-2009, 02:13 PM
First off, K for Korsgaard it wouldn't be personal if you wouldn't have stuck your nose where it doesn't belong. Don't speak unless you rspoken too and i'll give you a few minutes to figure that out:yellowthumb:

Second off, we are debating and I'm not the one butt-hurt apparently you homers are, I was the one stating my opinion and it must of hurt K and you guys(K followers) feelings.

And thank you for supporting my fact of him running OOB when he could of extended the run OR Lowered his shoulder OR done one of his ridiculious spins in the Denver game:clap:

If he doesn't run OOB he is running next to it 90% of the time.
And noone has yet to show me a clip where lowers his shoulder and runs over someone.

Like I said since you know nothing about nothing go watch YOUR Futbol.

Well sir, last time i checked, this is an open forum, so i think i can put my nose where i want to, although one should be able to join a debate without someone going all crazy.

I really don't think i need to display that I don't know football, after reading your post. You obviously don't know **** about Mendenhall or his way of running. He runs to the edges, and that is how he is running - Obviously its working, since he is having the second biggest YPC amongst RBs with 20 carries or more.

Also, he made a spinmove like two times - one time it was on a blitz where it was doomed already - he got hit behind LOS. Second time was that run inside where he used a spinmove, made a man miss and gained 10 more yards because of it - Sure, i can see how that is a stupid move.

There have been displayed 3 vids now, where he is taking on tackles all the time - He may not lower his shoulder, but he is big enough not too. Its not like he is Willie Parker who needs to get lowest because he is kinda undersized.

Also, there is no such thing as a "K" homer, fan or follower, unless agreeing with a point he makes you a homer...

Zachintosh66
11-12-2009, 02:18 PM
The only (out of bounds) one i was upset with was: i think it was like a 22yd'r with like 2min and change on the clock. I thought he shoulda threw a shoulder to keep the clock running.

Other than that im not gonna bust his balls b/c the average RB NFL lifespan is about 5 years... then they are done and gone. So im all for a RB trying to preserve himself.

We have been asking ourselves since The Bus retired who is the next "bus". Fact of the matter there is only one... While most of Pittsburgh Nation might like the hard, tough and physical running style of Jerome. There has only been one Bettis, but several... Okaye's, Morris's, Fosters etc.

Big T
11-12-2009, 02:27 PM
I'm still trying to figure out how/when I became one of K's "followers."

Do you have to sign up or what? I'm a little confused blazed, so if you could explain that would be great.

K Train
11-12-2009, 02:28 PM
Dude You just described yourself in this quote "if they dont play a perfect game its not good enough" One thread someone put how Evander did a couple of good things and here you go saying that he didn't do much and you hated him getting drafted and since that wasn't your guy he will never be good in your eyes and that isn't the only time you did that about a player.

I actually respect you a little for your opinions, I may not agree
It's your followers that I have little respect for if any.

dont expect me to praise hood for seeing 4 snaps a game with a Dline decimated by injuries. he was an awful pick and i stand by that. can he change my opinion on him? sure he can i just dont think he will. hes a terrible fit. if we move to a 43 next year or draft a cody or a taylor it might legitimize the pick, even drafting allen bailey to rotate in evander might be worth something as an interior pass rusher.

its not that i hated him for him not being my guy, i looked at him as being an undertackle in a 43, i think he has potential to be great in that, but his potential s very limited as a 5 technique. i dont really have to explain myself to you but i was more referring to those who claim the season is a wash cause the steelers lose a game, or flip out cause ben throws a bad pass, or a ball gets dropped, or GOD FORBID a runningback fumbles. i just dont expect the steelers to win the superbowl every year and alot of members here get so butt hurt when anything goes wrong and i dont get it. trust me, i love them. football is a passion of mine but members here (especially new ones that join after a superbowl win) are such big homers is almost unbearable. im just saying games can be won ugly and everything can be ok...especially when a team like the steelers knows how to win games.

you dont have to like my thoughts on evander, or mendenhall...or anything really cause i really dont care, i dont post for you. i have nothing against you....i know for a fact people dont like my for the most part radical or realistic opinions.

and one more thing about this perception that i only like "my guys", well i spend alot of time looking at pro prospects and have an opinion formed on most players that get drafted, not only that but i have an opinion on whether i think they would be a good fit for the steelers and if not who they would be a good fit for if any. it just interests me and im not gonna say im always right but im right quite a bit of the time. i said shipley wouldnt make the team, i said summers would be out of football in a year...i mean those are just some recent late round examples but im sticking to my opinion on hood, hes jsut a bad fit unless the defense is looking to overhaul. also i'll add bruce davis....i despised that pick there were some quality players on the board and davis was damn near off my radar at all. cliff avril was a first round hopeful in the mold of anthony spencer, another purdue product, as well as some real quality dline and CBs at that point that i would have loved. well bruce davis was a huge reach and i knew that and 1 year later hes out of football. how dare i question the steelers front office ever right? i mean they did win 6 superbowls. give me a break

Zachintosh66
11-12-2009, 06:43 PM
I'm still trying to figure out how/when I became one of K's "followers."

Do you have to sign up or what? I'm a little confused blazed, so if you could explain that would be great.

Did you drink the purple kool-aid? :lol:

MOTORKRAFT
11-13-2009, 03:37 AM
K Train is an internet tough guy that uses words like " I don't care what anyone thinks of me ". That is a sign that he does. Also he likes to use the word **** alot ( I know that scares me ). What a joke this turned out to be. K Train is a joke. All he has to say is negative and anything he says positive is putting somebody down. If I met him in real life I would throw him on the ground. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ym_fZGNBynQ .

JensK
11-13-2009, 04:56 AM
K Train is an internet tough guy that uses words like " I don't care what anyone thinks of me ". That is a sign that he does. Also he likes to use the word **** alot ( I know that scares me ). What a joke this turned out to be. K Train is a joke. All he has to say is negative and anything he says positive is putting somebody down. If I met him in real life I would throw him on the ground. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ym_fZGNBynQ .

The maturity of this treat just went up a notch with this insightful post...

To correct my self, Mendenhall is actually second in NFL in ypc amongst RBs with 100+ carries, only behind Chris Johnson. That means he is ahead of some pretty darn good RBs like....say.....AP? :o

K Train
11-13-2009, 05:01 AM
lol just kill yourself....i cant help it i have huge e-muscles but at least i dont claim that i would beat someone up that i have no idea about.....damn you just sent chills down my spine

Blazedby92
11-13-2009, 08:30 AM
To correct my self, Mendenhall is actually second in NFL in ypc amongst RBs with 100+ carries, only behind Chris Johnson. That means he is ahead of some pretty darn good RBs like....say.....AP? :o

Yeah so, Trent Dilfer has a SB ring and Dan Marino doesn't, do you think I would want dilfer instead of marino. So that brings me to the obvious, I would much rather have AP, Stats don't mean everything.:bunny:

JensK
11-13-2009, 08:55 AM
Yeah so, Trent Dilfer has a SB ring and Dan Marino doesn't, do you think I would want dilfer instead of marino. So that brings me to the obvious, I would much rather have AP, Stats don't mean everything.:bunny:

Not once did i state that i would take Mendenhall over AP, but i did state that Mendenhall ranks up there - as for RBs, stats don't lie. You either run good or bad. While a RB may not be great behind a bad line, he'll still make people miss and have a good ypc, which is what Mendenhall has, despite a line that doesnt rank amongst the elite lines in NFL, like the one AP have.

I also don't think that you can compare this to QBs since they have a whole other responsibility than a RB.

I am not going to say that i would take Mendenhall over AP, because i wouldnt, but atm, Mendenhall is doing better statwise, and you know... Just look at the game between Vikings and Steelers - who was the better back?

Blazedby92
11-13-2009, 11:24 AM
Not once did i state that i would take Mendenhall over AP, but i did state that Mendenhall ranks up there - as for RBs, stats don't lie. You either run good or bad. While a RB may not be great behind a bad line, he'll still make people miss and have a good ypc, which is what Mendenhall has, despite a line that doesnt rank amongst the elite lines in NFL, like the one AP have.

I also don't think that you can compare this to QBs since they have a whole other responsibility than a RB.

I am not going to say that i would take Mendenhall over AP, because i wouldnt, but atm, Mendenhall is doing better statwise, and you know... Just look at the game between Vikings and Steelers - who was the better back?

I was making a point not comparing QB's to RB's.
Ok let me slow this down for you, You are comparing Mendy to AP on YPC and that tells me you like Mendy over AP because of a STAT, which you are saying because of the STAT that Mendy is better and since you are saying we have a worse O line than the Vikes and Mendy's STAT's are better than AP's that tells me you would rather have Mendy than AP because of a STAT.

You still with me on this because here comes my answer to your "STAT's don't lie"
OK JensK
You have 2 running backs in the game and at the end of the game they both have 100 yards BUT #1 RB carried the ball 20 times for 100yds that = 5ypc
#2 RB carried the ball 5 times for 100yds that = 20ypc

Here's the tale of the tape #2 RB made one long run for 85 yds, you take that 85 yard run away from #2 RB and his YPC 4 times 15 yds = 3.75ypc
STATS ARE OVERRATED:thinking:

And some depend on the quality of the teams you play and AP played the Steelers that game!

JensK
11-13-2009, 12:13 PM
I was making a point not comparing QB's to RB's.
Ok let me slow this down for you, You are comparing Mendy to AP on YPC and that tells me you like Mendy over AP because of a STAT, which you are saying because of the STAT that Mendy is better and since you are saying we have a worse O line than the Vikes and Mendy's STAT's are better than AP's that tells me you would rather have Mendy than AP because of a STAT.

You still with me on this because here comes my answer to your "STAT's don't lie"
OK JensK
You have 2 running backs in the game and at the end of the game they both have 100 yards BUT #1 RB carried the ball 20 times for 100yds that = 5ypc
#2 RB carried the ball 5 times for 100yds that = 20ypc

Here's the tale of the tape #2 RB made one long run for 85 yds, you take that 85 yard run away from #2 RB and his YPC 4 times 15 yds = 3.75ypc
STATS ARE OVERRATED:thinking:

And some depend on the quality of the teams you play and AP played the Steelers that game!

So what? Vikings ranked over Steelers against the run last year - they are not easy to run against. Also, don't try to analyse what i mean, but read what i write please - Im saying that AP is the better back of these two, but Mendenhall is actually ahead of him in YPC. Also, you cant use all those numbers for anything, because im not talking 5 or 20 carries - i said with RBs with 100+ carries, which means they have touched the ball a lot, which is also why their YPC is not comming from one big run now and then.

Big T
11-13-2009, 12:36 PM
Yo this dude never once said he would rather have mendenhall over AP....and you always gotta make **** personal blazed. I don't know why you can't just debate your opinion like we are actually human....

And you still haven't explained how I am a K follower....is this Twitter now?

--- Added 11/13/2009 at 10:36 AM ---

Yo Train, there's no ****ing point in arguing with that dumbass MOTORKRAFT....he's also the same guy who said Tomlin was a ****** coach and he wanted him out after the Bengals loss.... Internet threats are so awesome.

Blazedby92
11-13-2009, 03:46 PM
So what? Vikings ranked over Steelers against the run last year - they are not easy to run against. Also, don't try to analyse what i mean, but read what i write please - Im saying that AP is the better back of these two, but Mendenhall is actually ahead of him in YPC. Also, you cant use all those numbers for anything, because im not talking 5 or 20 carries - i said with RBs with 100+ carries, which means they have touched the ball a lot, which is also why their YPC is not comming from one big run now and then.

It goes the same for a 100+ carries too, Do you think they take all the long runs out of their stats?,they can still have a few or a bunch of long runs in those carries.:yellowthumb:

--- Added 11/13/2009 at 01:46 PM ---

[QUOTE=Big T;317204]Yo this dude never once said he would rather have mendenhall over AP....and you always gotta make **** personal blazed. I don't know why you can't just debate your opinion like we are actually human....

And you still haven't explained how I am a K follower....is this Twitter now?

--- Added 11/13/2009 at 10:36 AM ---

It isn't personal at all for me, you all make it personal, I just stated what I don't like about Mendy and here comes K and his followers.

Big T
11-13-2009, 05:19 PM
It's funny.....you keep calling us K followers and I keep asking you to explain yourself.... So?

SteelerSteve
11-13-2009, 06:38 PM
Theres way to much e-tosterone here, I am going to get out before I get hurt lol

K Train
11-13-2009, 06:46 PM
if anyone is following me please stop, i know i am the truth but the truth likes his privacy

JensK
11-13-2009, 06:51 PM
if anyone is following me please stop, i know i am the truth but the truth likes his privacy

People who speak the ultimate truth have got to know, there will be followers! Just look at that guy who proclaimed Matt Jones to be god of all players - He did speak the ultimate, undebatable truth, and he had a huge band of followers! With greater ultimate truth comes the followers!

Big T
11-13-2009, 07:41 PM

Well I'm sorry since Blazed said that I am your "follower" I must be. I mean I've never heard of people agreeing on some things and one not follow the other. Since Blazed knows everything it has to be true... But for your sake I will "try to remove my lips" (pffffftt) and try to go on without you :(

it may be tough Train but it's obviously for the best.

Ps. Blazedby92, you are a tool.

TEEMONT
11-14-2009, 10:10 AM
I love this thread so much...I only wish I wouldnt have been on a trip, so I could have participated in it more.

JensK
11-14-2009, 10:52 AM
I love this thread so much...I only wish I wouldnt have been on a trip, so I could have participated in it more.

You could always stir the pot a little again :stirpot:

TEEMONT
11-14-2009, 12:13 PM
You could always stir the pot a little again :stirpot:

no need to...lol..you guys pretty much got it handled...been watching any futbol lately? lol

and people wonder why the world hates america...

Black@Gold Forever32
11-14-2009, 12:25 PM
Wow I just can't believe some of sh$t in this thread........I better not agree with Ktrain since I might be labeled a Ktrain follower....lol The talk in this thread makes Ktrain sound like some cult leader brain washing the masses....lol If people agree with Ktrain it doesn't make them a follower....lol

As for Rashard Mendenhall.....Really how can anybody knock him this year?......Mendenhall is having a very nice season and is showing why the Steelers spent a first round pick on him.......

Zachintosh66
11-14-2009, 12:44 PM

Change your name to K Truth :lol:

Blazedby92
11-14-2009, 01:57 PM
Do you really want to know what makes you a Kult follower:lol:? Everytime someone disagrees with K,:bunny::banana: especially a new member,Big T, and JensK come to his rescue and I'm sure K dosen't care but apparently they do, go to any thread and big t is right after K reassuring him his man love for him. It's always THE KULT against whoever goes against THE K LOVE KULT:greengrin:.
Maybe you need to put a K in your name too, maybe "little k" and Jens already has one. Looks like a few more guys might be joining soon.

I didn't ever say Mendy sucked I said he needs to quit being a coward and lower his shoulder instead of running towards OB or out of bounds. And i also said if anyone can show me a clip of him doing it i would shut up and i am still waiting.Honestly please find one I bet you can't:nahnah:

JensK
11-14-2009, 02:30 PM
Do you really want to know what makes you a Kult follower:lol:? Everytime someone disagrees with K,:bunny::banana: especially a new member,Big T, and JensK come to his rescue and I'm sure K dosen't care but apparently they do, go to any thread and big t is right after K reassuring him his man love for him. It's always THE KULT against whoever goes against THE K LOVE KULT:greengrin:.
Maybe you need to put a K in your name too, maybe "little k" and Jens already has one. Looks like a few more guys might be joining soon.

I didn't ever say Mendy sucked I said he needs to quit being a coward and lower his shoulder instead of running towards OB or out of bounds. And i also said if anyone can show me a clip of him doing it i would shut up and i am still waiting.Honestly please find one I bet you can't:nahnah:

Just when i thought you had hit your ceiling of stupidity, you amaze me again...

first off: Big T joined this forum before you did. Second, im pretty sure Ktrain, or anyone else on this board for that matter, needs to be saved or need help with an argument. All there is to it is we often have the same meaning of stuff, and thats really what it is.

btw: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WthAF-vU7V0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q2Pc4IpuYPM - plenty of clips there too, where he does lower his shoulder.

Blazedby92
11-14-2009, 02:44 PM
Just when i thought you had hit your ceiling of stupidity, you amaze me again...

first off: Big T joined this forum before you did. Second, im pretty sure Ktrain, or anyone else on this board for that matter, needs to be saved or need help with an argument. All there is to it is we often have the same meaning of stuff, and thats really what it is.

btw: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WthAF-vU7V0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q2Pc4IpuYPM - plenty of clips there too, where he does lower his shoulder.

And when I assumed that you where smart enough to understand what I mean you surprise me.

I posted that video 2 pages ago and no he doesn't lower his shoulder anywhere on it and yes He had A beautiful block thats not what I said and it was one. I swear I have looked every where, Good luck!!!

I'm sure K doesn't need your help especially yours since your rarely know what the hell your talking about.:imho:

JensK
11-14-2009, 03:34 PM
And when I assumed that you where smart enough to understand what I mean you surprise me.

I posted that video 2 pages ago and no he doesn't lower his shoulder anywhere on it and yes He had A beautiful block thats not what I said and it was one. I swear I have looked every where, Good luck!!!

I'm sure K doesn't need your help especially yours since your rarely know what the hell your talking about.:imho:

You know what, whatever. I'm done in this topic, since you are as easy to talk football with, as a stone. There have been plenty of vids now where he lower his shoulder - Noone ever claimed that the guy is the RB in the league who does it best, but he does it, and he does it in pretty much all of the vids of him out there to a certain degree. Its funny how everyone but you can see that, but i guess you are the most blessed all-knowing football expert here anyways.

im out

Big T
11-14-2009, 08:28 PM
Yo Jens, there's no point in agruing with that tool. And you know what the best part is? Blazed is the only one who thinks we are "K followers"....

Here, Lets go see if Train needs our help in another thread.