PDA

View Full Version : Has Wallace unofficially taken over for Sweed?

BlitzburghRockCity
11-10-2009, 12:57 AM
Let's face it here guys, Wallace is making big plays every week and tonight he adds another TD and 69 yds receiving. The dude took advantage of his chances and there's no way this kid is gonna be supplanted by Sweed anytime soon no matter how much he improves, IMO.

K Train
11-10-2009, 01:09 AM
no doubt....sweed needs to still work hard and improve in case something goes wrong and we need him to play significant time

igor0190
11-10-2009, 01:09 AM
Let's face it here guys, Wallace is making big plays every week and tonight he adds another TD and 69 yds receiving. The dude took advantage of his chances and there's no way this kid is gonna be supplanted by Sweed anytime soon no matter how much he improves, IMO.

I think this happened a couple weeks ago already. Wallace has his spot LOCKED up.

Big T
11-10-2009, 01:10 AM
I don't think there has been any question who the third reciever is since week 1. Mike Wallace has taken the job by force an will never look back. When Limas gets his **** together, which I believe he will, he will be a very solid #4. but there is no question who the number three reciever is and there is no question that Mike Wallace is in the running for rookie of the year.

HUNT4SEVEN
11-10-2009, 01:11 AM
I'm still not giving up on Sweed just yeat! But Wallace has earned the number 3 job right out! he has been money for us since week 1

BlitzburghRockCity
11-10-2009, 01:15 AM
Sweed still need reps, we need him to improve because you can't have too many good WR's in a long NFL season. The more reliable weapons Ben has at his disposal the better. Tomlin won't give up on Sweed, it wouldn't be right too either, but as for how this team is rolling now, Wallace is certainly making great strides every week.

Black@Gold Forever32
11-10-2009, 01:30 AM
If Sweed starts stepping up and making plays then this offense is going to be scary good.......Holmes, Ward, Wallace, Sweed, and Miller, then factor in Mendenhall and Moore........I keep waiting for Limas to start flashing that ability of his and I know we will see it sometime this year......

As for Wallace he is the number 3 WR and has been for some time.......

Captcoolhand
11-10-2009, 06:55 AM
It's been a long time since I've seen a nice trio on this team (that didn't included 3 different positions).....:clap: :tt02: :tt02:

Seeing Mendenhall, gaining more and more confidence every game, is an added bonus too! :woot:
Is it to early to say, "Thanks for everything Willie!" Maybe they can start using him on returns with Stefan....lol

JensK
11-10-2009, 07:41 AM
Wallace is gold, no doubt about it. I still don't get it with Sweed though. He gets in on two plays (as far as i saw, and besides from ST). One a runningplay, and the next Ben throws it at him, but it was badly underthrown and not even Miller makes that catch all of the times. Not exactly the way to build on his confidence. But i guess that it just shows again, that he can get open - He just don't get to see the field enough to be consistant.

LatrobePA
11-10-2009, 09:38 AM
no doubt....sweed needs to still work hard and improve in case something goes wrong and we need him to play significant time

Agree 100% Sweed will be needed down the stretch!

But damn is Wallace a beast!

greatfish
11-10-2009, 10:39 AM
I pulled hard for Sweed this year in camp, really hard, but I saw weeks ago that Wallace is the future and Sweed is the next big talent to play for the Titans (or Ravens, Bengals, Browns, etc.).

steelcitysfinestXL
11-10-2009, 10:46 AM
Mike Wallace is my hero! But think how nice its gonna be when Sweed does comes around... and he will!!! 4 dangerous WRs and Heath!!! He needs time, reps and oppurtunities! The work ethic is there!

jpele
11-10-2009, 11:19 AM
Wallace is our # 3 receiver for now, but Sweed had better clear his mind and get it in gear. Holmes contract runs out at the end of the year and he reminds me of a guy that takes the money and says thanks for the rings and the memories.

I hope I'm wrong about that,but if not we'll need Sweed.

Stlrs4Life
11-10-2009, 11:32 AM
I think he passed him a couple of weeks ago.

75Steeler
11-10-2009, 01:36 PM
Wallace has stepped up in a big way and he has become a huge part of our offense. I think we will be seeing more of Sweed though. I just hope he learns how to hang on to the ball.

greg1964
11-10-2009, 01:48 PM
man.....I think you are a few weeks late on this one: Since Sweed drop the TD pass vs Cinn. I haven't given up on him yet, but until Ward retired he will never be more than the 4th receiver on this team. Ward, Holmes, and Wallace are clearly ahead of him, but remember Benson (Cinn. RB) was consider a bust until he received an second chance.

Troyisabeast_43
11-10-2009, 03:57 PM
Sweed got in the game last night in the 4th quarter and Ben threw a pass his way that hit Sweed's hands and was a bit low and what does he do?? He drops it...Sweed right now is irrelevant on this team and unless somebody goes down to injury you wont be seeing much of Sweed if any at all...

JensK
11-11-2009, 04:37 AM
Sweed got in the game last night in the 4th quarter and Ben threw a pass his way that hit Sweed's hands and was a bit low and what does he do?? He drops it...Sweed right now is irrelevant on this team and unless somebody goes down to injury you wont be seeing much of Sweed if any at all...

As i said before, that throw was probably the second worst throw he made all day. The last two times Ben have thrown to Sweed, the ball have been badly underthrown and either behind him or way infront of him - That is not the way to get a guy reps...

Troyisabeast_43
11-11-2009, 04:38 PM
As i said before, that throw was probably the second worst throw he made all day. The last two times Ben have thrown to Sweed, the ball have been badly underthrown and either behind him or way infront of him - That is not the way to get a guy reps...

Oh well I could care less if he gets reps or not at this point it...They dont trust the guy that's why they arent throwing to him...If Sweed could catch the Steelers would be 7-1 and would be in first place in the AFC North ahead of the Bengals going into their showdown with them this Sunday...

portcityblackandgold
11-15-2009, 09:37 AM
I like Sweed but he needs to focus and until he gets that focus, he is going to be very situational. Wallace on the other hand is FOCUSED!