PDA

View Full Version : How Big is Tonights Game?

SteelCurtainYinzer
11-09-2009, 11:57 AM
Huge! If we win we are in a virtual tie with the Bengals all things considered going into next week. Yes the Bengals have us by virtue of beating us a few weeks back and yes they have beaten the Ravens twice are are now perfect in the conference with only 2 games left. We on the the other hand still have 4. They beat Chicago/we didn't so in order to get on the right track against them we need to beat the Broncos. If we don't I our chances of claiming the AFC North Title will start to look more bleak going into next week.
A loss tonight and next week we better get used to looking at next year. These are the two most critial games of the season coming up and we need to get it done tonight and then start preparing on the plane ride back for Sunday!

LatrobePA
11-09-2009, 12:09 PM
If we lose tonight, we'll need to be playing for a wildcard spot....

yinzer
11-09-2009, 12:13 PM
here comes my Tomlinism..

It's a big game because it's the next game.

Scorp
11-09-2009, 12:45 PM
Bigger than my balls the size of grapefruits. GO STEELERS!!!

JensK
11-09-2009, 12:49 PM
If we lose tonight, we'll need to be playing for a wildcard spot....

Not really, no... If we lose tonight and win against Bengals next week we'll be all even in the division..

SteelCurtainYinzer
11-09-2009, 12:52 PM
We can't afford to go into next Sunday's game with the season on the line....

Steel Trap86
11-09-2009, 01:54 PM
No, even if we lost tonight we would still be 5-3, 2nd in the division, and playing the Bengals next Sunday. After that our schedule gets softer with the Cheifs, Raiders, Packers, Browns, Ravens, Dolphins...all winnable games. There's no wild card spot over here, we're taking the division. The Steelers are in good shape right now and I think they win this game tonight, Denver's offense doesnt have **** on the Steelers defense. With Mendenhall, Moore, Ward, Holmes, Miller, Sweed, Wallace & Big Ben on the other side, I like our chances!! Watch for a big game from Heath Miller tonight!

Troyisabeast_43
11-09-2009, 02:42 PM
Whether the Steelers win or lose tonight they MUST beat the Bengals next week regardless or it's going to make winning the AFC North that much more of a problem. You dont want this division coming down to tiebrakers with the Bengals having swept you and also having a better division record. So regardless of what happens tonight in Denver the Steelers better have a short memory and forget about it real quick and start focusing on the Bengals in 5 days because that is really the game they cannot afford to lose...

KSSteelerfan
11-09-2009, 02:43 PM
It's epically huge!! :greenbounce2:

LatrobePA
11-09-2009, 03:12 PM
Bigger than my balls the size of grapefruits. GO STEELERS!!!

Couldn't of said it better! Priceless!!

Bengals are f'd, Henry's broke in half arm put the biggest SMILE on my face!

jackhammer1
11-09-2009, 03:37 PM
Between the mile high Denver advantage and our defense hurting, the offense is going to have to win this one tonight. Get a lead, grind it out, and let the D rest on the sideline for the 4th quarter. If we let them get up on us and the D is out there all night, the 4th quarter could get ugly

BlackGold4vr
11-09-2009, 03:45 PM
Whether the Steelers win or lose tonight they MUST beat the Bengals next week regardless or it's going to make winning the AFC North that much more of a problem. You dont want this division coming down to tiebrakers with the Bengals having swept you and also having a better division record. So regardless of what happens tonight in Denver the Steelers better have a short memory and forget about it real quick and start focusing on the Bengals in 5 days because that is really the game they cannot afford to lose...

:plus1:

A win tonight would also be good. Need to knock the Broncos back down to size and rid them of any thoughts of a first round bye in the playoffs. The Colts will take the first spot, it is now a fight for #2 in the AFC. The Colts just don't have enough difficult games left on their schedule. Couple of losses for Denver will bring the AFC North and East winners into a fight for that second seed.

Troyisabeast_43
11-09-2009, 04:02 PM
:plus1:

A win tonight would also be good. Need to knock the Broncos back down to size and rid them of any thoughts of a first round bye in the playoffs. The Colts will take the first spot, it is now a fight for #2 in the AFC. The Colts just don't have enough difficult games left on their schedule. Couple of losses for Denver will bring the AFC North and East winners into a fight for that second seed.

I wouldnt say that just yet the Colts have tough games the next 3 weeks having to play the Patriots,at Baltimore,then at Houston who almost and probably should have beat them yesterday. Either way the Steelers will get help in that Pats Colts game because it will either give the Colts one more loss and bring the Steelers within a game of them for the first seed, or if the Pats lose it give the Patriots 3 AFC losses to the Steelers 1 and put the Steelers one game ahead of them in the standings as well for the number 2 seed. This game in Denver is huge tonight I dont want anybody to think that I dont think this game is not important. A win tonight really puts the Steelers in good shape to go win the division and still get that number 1 or 2 seed.

BlackGold4vr
11-09-2009, 04:27 PM
I wouldnt say that just yet the Colts have tough games the next 3 weeks having to play the Patriots,at Baltimore,then at Houston who almost and probably should have beat them yesterday. Either way the Steelers will get help in that Pats Colts game because it will either give the Colts one more loss and bring the Steelers within a game of them for the first seed, or if the Pats lose it give the Patriots 3 AFC losses to the Steelers 1 and put the Steelers one game ahead of them in the standings as well for the number 2 seed. This game in Denver is huge tonight I dont want anybody to think that I dont think this game is not important. A win tonight really puts the Steelers in good shape to go win the division and still get that number 1 or 2 seed.

I don't see the Colts losing more than 2 games if any. So if they finish 14-2 we would need to win out the rest of our games to compete for the #1 seed. I don't see that happening. We have at least another 2 losses in these last 9 games. I'm thinking that we end up 12-4 or 11-5. Its going to be a dogfight for the division title as it doesn't look like the Bungholio's are going away. I also don't think the Patriots are going to lose more than 2 or 3 more. That will put The Steelers, Bengals, Broncos, and Patriots fighting for the #2 seed. Even though the Steelers play pretty well on the road I would prefer them NOT playing as a wildcard! That would ensure them playing ALL road games again like they did in 2005. :thinking:

Captcoolhand
11-09-2009, 04:30 PM
If only the Steelers could play better on the road......:thud:

Troyisabeast_43
11-09-2009, 04:40 PM
I don't see the Colts losing more than 2 games if any. So if they finish 14-2 we would need to win out the rest of our games to compete for the #1 seed. I don't see that happening. We have at least another 2 losses in these last 9 games. I'm thinking that we end up 12-4 or 11-5. Its going to be a dogfight for the division title as it doesn't look like the Bungholio's are going away. I also don't think the Patriots are going to lose more than 2 or 3 more. That will put The Steelers, Bengals, Broncos, and Patriots fighting for the #2 seed. Even though the Steelers play pretty well on the road I would prefer them NOT playing as a wildcard! That would ensure them playing ALL road games again like they did in 2005. :thinking:

Right now if I had to guess Id say one our remaining losses will either be tonight in Denver,at Baltimore,or at Miami. The Steelers wont lose to at KC,they wont lose to Oakland here or at Cleveland. They also wont lose to the Packers at home who just lost to the Bucs,and if they lose to the Ravens in Baltimore in 2 weeks they will definitely beat them in the rematch 2 days after Christmas at Heinz Field...A lot of people last year I remember were saying I dont see the Steelers winning in New England,against Dallas here and at Baltimore and they won all 3 of them so who knows what will happen. If the Steelers play like they are capable of playing each and every week they can win every single game they have left on their schedule and end up 14-2 it's not totally ridiculous to suggest that at all looking at the games left on the Steelers schedule after these next 2 with the Broncos and Bengals...

SteelCityKid5
11-09-2009, 04:41 PM
It's a big game. If they lose are they screwed? Eh, no causethey have the Bengals next week. But we still have the daunting task of having to beat the Ravens twice. You always throw records out the window when the Steelers and Ravens meet. I say win any time you can win. I've never heard of a bad win. Bengals are tough but losing Henry does hurt.

Black@Gold Forever32
11-09-2009, 05:00 PM
I think this game is very important tonight.......The Bengals still hold the tiebreaker on us.......We can all hope for the Bengals to lose games but they keep finding ways to win....So the Steelers need to handle their business tonight and next week against the Bengals.......Really every game is important the rest of the way......

K Train
11-09-2009, 05:16 PM
i dont think this matchup is fair....the broncos wont be able to hang

Art Rooney
11-09-2009, 05:35 PM
The Bronco's D will be quick . I think Turdberger needs better protection to pull this one off in Denver.

Stlrs4Life
11-10-2009, 11:44 AM
Not as big as next weeks game.