PDA

View Full Version : Early Draft Favorite: George Selvie

BlackGold4vr
11-07-2009, 01:03 PM
I love this guy! He is my early favorite as our #1 pick. This guy is a beast! Plays as a DE at USF but would be an easy convert to LB.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WJZLb6jdnZ0

:clap:

I like Charles Scott, RB from LSU as our second pick. He is big and fast!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ROrIY31e7yE

K Train
11-07-2009, 01:53 PM
selvie has been near the top of my list for 2 years....south florida is becoming a defensive nfl prospect school. he could be a good 43end if we cant grab a NT eventually. hes more in the 2nd round range though theres a ton of better end prospects and a few conversion guys like graham from michigan and kindle from texas and mcclain from bama

JensK
11-07-2009, 02:11 PM
I read somewhere that, if Cody is gone, which he will be, there is some guy from Baylor who can play NT - i think the name is Phil Taylor... Is he any good?

Id love Selvie, but not as our first pick. I really believe that there is other needs to be filled than LB. Ktrain's got a point tho, that if we were to switch to 4-3, he would be ideal. He could fall the second round though. We might have to move up in second to get him tho.

K Train
11-07-2009, 02:22 PM
boo robinson (wake), kendrick ellis (hampton), dan williams (tenn), al woods (lsu)and demarcus granger(OU) are the next tier of NT prospects....theres alot of elite DTs this year and cody has some conditioning issues that concerns teams....however with him being so one dimensional as a mountain of a man run stuffin phenom, he would make the hood pick worth it imo

Phil taylor might even be better than cody, he would have gone before cody if he wasnt expelled from penn state. hes 6-4 355....hes a giant man, same mold as shaun rogers. he was expelled for fighting i think? but i would expect him to shoot up the draft boards after the season if he works out as good as advertised

BlackGold4vr
11-07-2009, 02:25 PM
I like Dan Williams from Tennessee as a mid-round steal at NT. He is a beast! :yesnod:

Also like Charles Scott from LSU. He seems to have very nimble feet for a big back.

JensK
11-07-2009, 04:13 PM
Just watched some videos with Phil Taylor and man, that guy is big... If we could snack him in the second (maybe even trade out of first to pick him, if it looks like he falls) that would be great. He could get a year behind Hoke (who i would trust the starting job for a year) and then be a big fat man for years to come. I don't see this as unrealistic, since he got expelled.

K Train
11-07-2009, 06:19 PM
phil taylor=kris jenkins, rogers, ngata, ratliff, seymour

in that they are explosive and get penetration

cody=pat williams, sam adams, wilfork, jamal williams, casey hampton

in that they are clogs in the middle but not much of a pass rusher

cmerrifield
11-08-2009, 09:10 AM
Train, you should forget about Taylor, Character matters to Tomlin and he is not picking someone who has been kicked off the team or expelled. Dungy is his mentor and Dungy always told Colts fan at draft time that there may be people with more talent, but he will always pick for character and work ethic first, talent second.

K Train
11-08-2009, 12:35 PM
hes not a bad guy though, he has shown alot of maturity and he is pretty intelligent and interviews quite well. if tomlin talked to his coach at baylor (who was a coach at penn state and like a father to taylor most of his life) he could probably be persuaded to it....he got involved into a fight, people grow up and i think tomlin although high on character...would give another chance to someone who seems to be driven and shown matureness

Black@Gold Forever32
11-08-2009, 01:27 PM
There is a ton of NT's in this class...Ktrain and I have talked plenty about the NT's that we both like......Robinson and Ellis are two on my list after Cody.....Steelers will not switch to a 4-3 so Selvie would have to make a transition to 3-4 OLB.......I like Selvie even if he isn't having a monster senior season.........South Florida has a proven track record as of late.....

K Train
11-08-2009, 10:30 PM
allen baily is still one of my favorite dline prospects...the man is pure steel. this years tyson jackson

V_83
11-09-2009, 05:29 PM
How about Mike Iupati OG from Idaho? Not our biggest need, but an explosive interior lineman couldn't hurt our running game.

K Train
11-09-2009, 05:34 PM
mes a mammoth guard....it depends on how they feel about essex at the end of the season, i would say tackle is more of a need that guard and center is more of a need than tackle......we have so many guards on the roster

V_83
11-09-2009, 08:57 PM
mes a mammoth guard....it depends on how they feel about essex at the end of the season, i would say tackle is more of a need that guard and center is more of a need than tackle......we have so many guards on the roster

That's true, its just that I think our tackles are much better than our guards/centers. Quality over quantity.

JensK
11-09-2009, 09:18 PM
That's true, its just that I think our tackles are much better than our guards/centers. Quality over quantity.

If any of our tackles go down, we dont have any quality back-ups tho. Essex can get the job done sure, but he is not a good tackle...