PDA

View Full Version : Update on Parker, Timmons & Kirschke

Steel Trap86
11-04-2009, 02:28 PM
Running back Willie Parker was not at practice on Monday, sent home with an illness.

“He was running a fever so we sent him to the docs,” said Tomlin. “We didn’t want him to deliver anything to anybody else. I anticipate him being fine.”

Also missing practice were linebacker Lawrence Timmons (ankle) and defensive end Travis Kirschke (calf), who were both injured against the Minnesota Vikings.

“Both of those guys are questionable here at this point,” said Tomlin. “Again it’s the early part of the week. There is a little bit more optimism in regards to Lawrence than Travis at this point. We’ll let it play out as we always do.”

http://www.steelers.com/article/113346/

Blazedby92
11-04-2009, 02:57 PM
http://www.steelers.com/article/113346/

That's about all the running FWP has done.:grin1:

LatrobePA
11-04-2009, 04:16 PM

That's no lie! Put him on IR!!

Callax
11-04-2009, 04:39 PM
Pittsburgh running style has chnged from an offense that can open gaping holes and allow a smaller, speedy back to runthru large holes to one that makes small creases and a power back with some speed has to plow thru (bettis like ) and make some yards after contact... Not get dropped as soon as he's touched.
That is why Parker will not be resigned next year and Redman will be on the active roster. Mendenhall, Moore and Redman will be the running attack next year and it will be a very solid attack. Pitt can either get another center next year in the draft (unless it's Urbik, Shipley or another F/A pickup) I think the line you see now will be the starters for the next few years, which will be solid.

jpele
11-04-2009, 06:59 PM
Defensive end Travis Kirschke said next week “might be too soon” for him to return from a calf injury that knocked him out of the Steelers’ 27-17 win over the Vikings on Sept. 25.

Kirschke, who has been starting at left defensive end, said he has a tear in his calf and that the injury generally requires 3-6 weeks of recovery time.

Full story (http://blog.triblive.com/view-from-the-press-box/2009/11/04/kirschke-not-likely-to-play-in-denver/)

3-6 weeks is not good news, hopefully Eason steps up big for us.

TEEMONT
11-04-2009, 07:12 PM
Pittsburgh running style has chnged from an offense that can open gaping holes and allow a smaller, speedy back to runthru large holes to one that makes small creases and a power back with some speed has to plow thru (bettis like ) and make some yards after contact... Not get dropped as soon as he's touched.
That is why Parker will not be resigned next year and Redman will be on the active roster. Mendenhall, Moore and Redman will be the running attack next year and it will be a very solid attack. Pitt can either get another center next year in the draft (unless it's Urbik, Shipley or another F/A pickup) I think the line you see now will be the starters for the next few years, which will be solid.

I dont think Parker will be back...but Redman will not be in the active roster next year...barring some bad FO moves....and Shipley will probably not wear a Steelers uni during any regualr season game...unless the entire O-line goes down in a plane crash.

Stlrs4Life
11-04-2009, 07:13 PM
I hear ya, this is going to hurt.

Zachintosh66
11-04-2009, 07:23 PM
grrrrrrreat... Nick Eason :(

75Steeler
11-04-2009, 09:07 PM
I dont expect FWP to be in a Steelers uniform next year either. I just wish we could have seen more of Redman than preseason. He looked like a real powerhouse. Monday night is going to be a real dog fight!

:cope:

Black@Gold Forever32
11-04-2009, 09:14 PM
Well shave my sac.....not good at all.......hope Eason/Hood can hold the fort down until Kirschke is 100 percent.....

SteelCityKid5
11-04-2009, 10:22 PM
Do they go out and sign Roye? They worked him out the same week when news broke Smith was done for the year. I want to see what Hood and Harris can do haha.

BlitzburghRockCity
11-05-2009, 09:02 AM
Well that definitely sucks, Eason & Hood it's your time to shine guys. I still think we can win this game without Clark and Kirschke but we can't afford to lose any more until those guys get back because we're already playing the depth as it is at those 2 positions.

ejsteeler
11-05-2009, 09:33 AM
Now is when we find out if the FO's and Coaches faith in our backups is justified......here's hoping.....:crossfingers:
And of course, they do not need a "break-out" game, they just need to be solid.

HUNT4SEVEN
11-05-2009, 07:41 PM

:hehheh:GOOD ONE!