WoodsonsGirl
11-02-2009, 06:35 PM
1-2 1b beef roast
3 32 oz boxes or cans of Swanson Beef Broth
1 16oz box thin spaghetti
3 beef bouillon cubes
salt
pepper

I cook roast in crock pot for about 6-7 hours. Add enough water to cover the roast 1/2 way. I add 3 bouillon cubes and salt & pepper to taste. After the 6-7 hours of cooking time the roast should be tender so you can pull it apart, like you would pulled pork. Take the uncooked spaghetti noodles and break them into bite size pieces. Cook the spaghetti according to directions on box. While spaghetti is cooking I put the beef broth and the beef roast into a larger stock pot and heat up the broth. When the spaghetti is cooked, drain well and pour into the beef broth. Turn stove to warm/low setting.

I make this for Lloyd on Sundays during football season. He can eat this all afternoon.

This is his mothers recipe.

Hint: I make my roast a day ahead and leave it in the juice that I cooked it in. It takes less time for me then on Sundays.

lloydfan4life
11-02-2009, 08:03 PM
:drool: Delicious!! :yellowthumb:

This is Steelcityboy43's favorite football food and one of our long-standing Sunday traditions. :cope:

steelcityboy43
11-02-2009, 09:43 PM
OMFG :drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool:

i have been waiting to get my hands on this !!!!

steelersgal86
11-03-2009, 06:33 AM
thanks...i am gonna try this...I think I might even have everything to make it....nope...just need more beef broth...will get that and make it this weekend i hope

lloydfan4life
11-03-2009, 07:35 AM
thanks...i am gonna try this...I think I might even have everything to make it....nope...just need more beef broth...will get that and make it this weekend i hope

be sure to report back

steelersgal86
11-03-2009, 07:58 AM
be sure to report back

Will do..wish I could have it tonight

steelcityboy43
11-03-2009, 11:05 AM
omg its sooooooo good

lloydfan4life
11-03-2009, 11:42 AM
OMFG :drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool:

i have been waiting to get my hands on this !!!!

omg its sooooooo good

now, now... don't squirt in your shorts. It's not THAT good! :lol:

WoodsonsGirl
11-03-2009, 12:49 PM
now, now... don't squirt in your shorts. It's not THAT good! :lol:

For crap sakes Lloyd! Was that necessary? He is just a child! :evilshake:

steelersgal86
11-03-2009, 12:51 PM

:thinking: could of fooled me

lloydfan4life
11-03-2009, 01:14 PM

:anon:

Bucsfan4ever
11-03-2009, 01:20 PM
I'd like to try this...since it's just the two of us, should I cut down on anything?

lloydfan4life
11-03-2009, 01:31 PM
I'd like to try this...since it's just the two of us, should I cut down on anything?

You could probably cut everything in half.
Shell's recipe makes quite a bit.
The key is keeping a lot of beef broth in it. (the noodles tend to suck up the juice the longer it sits.)

Bucsfan4ever
11-03-2009, 01:33 PM
You could probably cut everything in half.
Shell's recipe makes quite a bit.
The key is keeping a lot of beef broth in it. (the noodles tend to suck up the juice the longer it sits.)

Thanks...sounds yummy!

steelcurtaingurl
11-03-2009, 11:37 PM
:eek1: not spaghetti soup!!! It is good.. but I think I'm done with that tradition guys... It was good while it lasted I would rather our Ham and Green Beans, Chicken Corn Soup, or Chicken Pot Pie... Spaghetti soup :stirpot: has lost my vote, I think its cause we eat it tooooooooooooooo much :evilshake:... But to everyone else out there you will love it!

WoodsonsGirl
11-04-2009, 07:37 AM
:eek1: not spaghetti soup!!! It is good.. but I think I'm done with that tradition guys... It was good while it lasted I would rather our Ham and Green Beans, Chicken Corn Soup, or Chicken Pot Pie... Spaghetti soup :stirpot: has lost my vote, I think its cause we eat it tooooooooooooooo much :evilshake:... But to everyone else out there you will love it!

The boys love it but now it's your turn to cook Tiff. Chinese sounds great! :yellowthumb: I know they will both looove it! :yesnod:

lloydfan4life
11-04-2009, 07:47 AM
They boys love it but now it's your turn to cook Tiff. Chinese sounds great! :yellowthumb: I know they will both looove it! :yesnod:

:barf:

Steelerlyn
11-05-2009, 03:21 AM
I make this but instead of water, I use caned Heinz beef gravy about 4 cans of it and I just throw the spagett unto the same pot. You can also use this recipe without the spagetti and just use it as pot roast and make mashed potatoes, a vegetable and your favorite salad. I also make mine a day ahead. The longer it slow cooks the better it is.

lloydfan4life
11-05-2009, 08:12 AM
I make this but instead of water, I use caned Heinz beef gravy about 4 cans of it and I just throw the spagett unto the same pot. You can also use this recipe without the spagetti and just use it as pot roast and make mashed potatoes, a vegetable and your favorite salad. I also make mine a day ahead. The longer it slow cooks the better it is.

That sounds delicious too, Lynn. Since yours is using gravy I'm assuming is it a thicker consistency than with the thin beef broth?

steelcurtaingurl
11-05-2009, 10:39 PM
The boys love it but now it's your turn to cook Tiff. Chinese sounds great! :yellowthumb: I know they will both looove it! :yesnod:

HAHA Sounds good to me!! Its easy to make to... I pick up the phone...let them know what we want... Wait ten minutes pick it up... and Ready to serve... Feeds as many as needed and a very yummy meal... HAHA :bunny:

WoodsonsGirl
11-06-2009, 12:55 PM
HAHA Sounds good to me!! Its easy to make to... I pick up the phone...let them know what we want... Wait ten minutes pick it up... and Ready to serve... Feeds as many as needed and a very yummy meal... HAHA :bunny:

ok...you are in charge two weeks from now! :greengrin:

Bucsfan4ever
11-26-2009, 07:53 AM
We're going elsewhere for Thanksgiving so have the roast and bouillon cubes slow cooking right now for tomorrow evening. Spaghetti is one of my hubby's favorite dishes so hope he likes it!

WoodsonsGirl
11-26-2009, 09:09 AM
Hope you enjoy it Bucsfan! :yellowthumb: