PDA

View Full Version : Ryan Clark cleared to play Denver

Big T
10-31-2009, 07:43 PM
Doctors clear Ryan Clark to play in Denver
Posted by Gregg Rosenthal on October 31, 2009 5:43 PM ET

The last time safety Ryan Clark played a football game in Denver, he became nearly deathly ill because of how his blood and sickle-cell trait reacted to playing in the thin air.

Clark lost 30 pounds, had his spleen and gall bladder removed, then missed half of the 2007 season.

Clark and the Steelers head to Denver after their bye, and Clark is more than understandably cautious about playing there again.* Doctors have cleared Clark to play, but a final decision has yet to be made about his status.

"I think kind of the competitor in me, the ego of a football player, it's not so much I want to go beat the Broncos, as I would like to come back fully from a situation that brught me near death and kind of conquer playing in a place that made me ill in that kind of way," Clark said this week, before noting that he has a family and career to worry about.

Doctors have apparently cleared him, but Clark needs to hear more.*

"I mean, you can hear certain things, they can put papers in front of you and tests in front of you, but until you're completely comfortable with what you're hearing, it's going to be a tough decision," Clark said.* "And right now I haven't taken in enough information to make a decision either way."

Clark sacrifices his body every week for the Steelers.* The last time they were in Denver he nearly sacrificed a lot more.* The organization should do him a favor and simply make the decision for him.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2009/10/31/doctors-clear-ryan-clark-to-play-in-denver/

I hope the coaching staff makes the right move and keeps Ryan out of this game. One game isn't worth risking his career and possibly his life.

lloydfan4life
10-31-2009, 08:10 PM
I hope the coaching staff makes the right move and keeps Ryan out of this game. One game isn't worth risking his career and possibly his life.

I agree with you 100%. Football is just a game. I don't think Ryan even needs to take a chance regardless of how much information he takes in.

Zachintosh66
10-31-2009, 08:39 PM
hmmmmm, dont know how i feel about this one

Phenomenal TJ
11-01-2009, 02:28 AM
I'm kind of undecided for this one as well.

The doctors have already said he's good to play. But on the other hand, there's definitely got to be SOME risk there.

I see Tomlin and company allowing Clark to make the call, and since he's got the heart of a champion he's going to want to play.

HUNT4SEVEN
11-01-2009, 10:42 AM
I agree with you 100%. Football is just a game. I don't think Ryan even needs to take a chance regardless of how much information he takes in.

I'm with u an Big T this cat has sickle cell an the high altitude in Denver is what caused it to flare up why would he risk another flare up? me personally i would have to sit this one out:imho:

BlitzburghRockCity
11-01-2009, 10:57 AM
Tests or not, if Ryan goes out there and plays he's going to be thinking about that the whole time and if nothing else it'll be a distraction..I mean how could it not be, the dude almost died last time.

Tomlin needs to do the right thing here and make the depth step up and keep Ryan on the sidelines or not even make the trip.

SteelCityKid5
11-01-2009, 11:11 AM
I don't see why you would even attempt playing. If you almost died the last time, why would you risk your life for 1 game? Keyword: game. It's definitely not worth it, let Mundy get some playing time and come back the following week against the Bengals.

75Steeler
11-01-2009, 12:22 PM
I agree with not playing him in Denver. He has the rest of his life and his family to think about first. There is still a ton of football left in this season and we will need him healthy in later games. I still hope they offer him a contract at the end of this season and keep him with the Steelers. Clark has proven himself to us and deserves a decent contract with the Steelers.

:cope:

Sir Blitzelot
11-01-2009, 01:00 PM
I agree with not playing him in Denver. He has the rest of his life and his family to think about first. There is still a ton of football left in this season and we will need him healthy in later games.
:cope:

:plus1: I agree, one game is not worth risking his long-term heath.

TEEMONT
11-01-2009, 08:16 PM
I don't see why you would even attempt playing. If you almost died the last time, why would you risk your life for 1 game? Keyword: game. It's definitely not worth it, let Mundy get some playing time and come back the following week against the Bengals.

When you get paid as much as these dudes get paid its not a game...it's a job. I have no sympathy for any of these players when it comes to being injured and almost dying. It's his line of work, no one makes him do it. He could be a soldier and then it would be expected of him to die.

he needs to suck it up and play, if they got paid like normal people, I would be all for better protetion for these guys, but they get paid way too much

tuggysteel822
11-01-2009, 08:27 PM
Thats true they get paid a lot, but it's an entertainment business, death shouldn't be something we should be looking at in football. Just my opinion.

SteelCityKid5
11-01-2009, 09:18 PM
You're an idiot if you say you don't care if he dies? What kind of person are you? Your basing your whole argument on "these guys". And when you say "these guys" I'm guessing your talking about professional athletes or pro football players? His situation is a complete exception from all the other injuries the league. Clark lost his spleen and gall bladder in separate surgeries after the sickle-cell trait caused oxygen deprivation to several major organs during the Steelers' game at Denver in 2007. This isn't a "suck it up" injury, it's a disease. He can't suck it up, it's something he has to deal with and suffer from. And if it is a job in the context of your argument, then thousands apon thousands of people wouldnt be paying money to watch these men just do their job. No one is paying to watch an average joe do his work. They pay to see these men play a game and be entertained. And if no one makes him do it, then how is it his job? He could be a soldier but he's not so that's completely irrelevant.

Big T
11-01-2009, 09:25 PM
When you get paid as much as these dudes get paid its not a game...it's a job. I have no sympathy for any of these players when it comes to being injured and almost dying. It's his line of work, no one makes him do it. He could be a soldier and then it would be expected of him to die.

he needs to suck it up and play, if they got paid like normal people, I would be all for better protetion for these guys, but they get paid way too much

Are you ****ing kidding me bro? he has a blood disease. This has nothing to do with "getting injured and almost dying." this is non-work related. It has nothing to do with maybe his knee hurting and he doesnt know if he can stand the pain. Its a ****ing life-threatening disease. It's not a common hazard for his line of work.

In a "normal" job, if you get sick or have a disease that may cause you to not be able to do your job and possibly end your life, you get the necessary time off. Next time you miss a day of work because you have a tummy ache, remember your post. "He could be a soldier and then it would be expected of him to die", well guess what dumbass? he's not, and its not in his job discription to risk his life in matters in which he can control.

No matter how much someone makes, a life is a life and no "job" or "game" is worth risking your life. I cant believe Im actually wasting my time replying to your idiotic and ignorant post.

TEEMONT
11-01-2009, 09:39 PM
You're an idiot if you say you don't care if he dies? What kind of person are you? Your basing your whole argument on "these guys". And when you say "these guys" I'm guessing your talking about professional athletes or pro football players? His situation is a complete exception from all the other injuries the league. Clark lost his spleen and gall bladder in separate surgeries after the sickle-cell trait caused oxygen deprivation to several major organs during the Steelers' game at Denver in 2007. This isn't a "suck it up" injury, it's a disease. He can't suck it up, it's something he has to deal with and suffer from. And if it is a job in the context of your argument, then thousands apon thousands of people wouldnt be paying money to watch these men just do their job. No one is paying to watch an average joe do his work. They pay to see these men play a game and be entertained. And if no one makes him do it, then how is it his job? He could be a soldier but he's not so that's completely irrelevant.

You think Ryan Clark would care if an average joe died doing his job?

No one makes you do what you do to earn money, but it's still your job. I don't care if someone is making money shooting ogly girls on video and then putting it online. It's still a job, and it's what he get paid to do. We pay a **** ton of money to see them play, and we deserve what we pay for. If he can play, he should play. If he doesn't play due to a non-football injury then he shouldn't get a paycheck, simple as that. I really don't have any sympathy at all for football player or any professional atheletes these days.

If the dude can't go he should donate his check to a Sickle Cell charity.

--- Added 11/1/2009 at 07:39 PM ---

Are you ****ing kidding me bro? he has a blood disease. This has nothing to do with "getting injured and almost dying." this is non-work related. It has nothing to do with maybe his knee hurting and he doesnt know if he can stand the pain. Its a ****ing life-threatening disease. It's not a common hazard for his line of work.

In a "normal" job, if you get sick or have a disease that may cause you to not be able to do your job and possibly end your life, you get the necessary time off. Next time you miss a day of work because you have a tummy ache, remember your post. "He could be a soldier and then it would be expected of him to die", well guess what dumbass? he's not, and its not in his job discription to risk his life in matters in which he can control.

No matter how much someone makes, a life is a life and no "job" or "game" is worth risking your life. I cant believe Im actually wasting my time replying to your idiotic and ignorant post.

first of all I'm not your bro. Second of all I don't get to miss work due to "tummy aches". I'm not in high school anymore. I deploy and guess what, no one misses work over there, or over here for that matter. I have zero sympathy for him, zero. If he can't play, he shouldnt get paid for the game, simple as that.

K Train
11-01-2009, 09:51 PM
he should not be a pussy and play if the doctors say he can

steelcitysfinestXL
11-02-2009, 12:25 AM
If the team lets him play... He'll play, so all this talk is not needed! All you people blasting TEE for saying what he said need to realize: you chose to join a forum where people are gonna say things you dont agree with!!!

I personally want to see him play! This is a challenge for him! He said it wasnt about beating the Broncos, it was about going back and playing at Mile High (Invesco whatever) and proving to himself he COULD do it! I bet if he does play he'll be a man posessed!

SteelCityKid5
11-02-2009, 01:14 AM
No, I can take two sides of an argument. But to say he's a pussy for not playing to me is absurd. I would understand if it was a finger injury. But I just don't see how teemont would be perfectly fine if during or after the game ryan clark dies just for playing one regular season football game. Because this is what that is. I can see where your coming from for regular injuries but this is abnormal. Again, I could agree if we were talking about someone with a wrist injury and not playing. But to have a condition to where you can die from it and you have a chance to prevent it from even happening, I think your insane to be fine with it. These are my opinions, I understand your not going to agree with them but I just don't understand your logic, when you compare him to being a soldier and shooting ugly girls on the internet for a job? If that's your example, maybe your just twisted, I honestly don't know.

Big T
11-02-2009, 01:48 AM
No, I can take two sides of an argument. But to say he's a pussy for not playing to me is absurd. I would understand if it was a finger injury. But I just don't see how teemont would be perfectly fine if during or after the game ryan clark dies just for playing one regular season football game. Because this is what that is. I can see where your coming from for regular injuries but this is abnormal. Again, I could agree if we were talking about someone with a wrist injury and not playing. But to have a condition to where you can die from it and you have a chance to prevent it from even happening, I think your insane to be fine with it. These are my opinions, I understand your not going to agree with them but I just don't understand your logic, when you compare him to being a soldier and shooting ugly girls on the internet for a job? If that's your example, maybe your just twisted, I honestly don't know.

:plus1:

DanRooney
11-02-2009, 03:05 AM
Absolutely ridiculous. The Steelers cannot allow him to play. He almost died last time he played in Denver. God forbid anything happen to him, but the Steelers will be a disgrace to the NFL if anything does.

Let him sit. A Mundy/Townsend rotation will be alright for this game.

--- Added 11/2/2009 at 01:05 AM ---

It's because Teemont is a ****ing idiot. He could give a **** about Clark dying on the field, but we all know he was crying in bed when his boy Willie Parker stubbed his big toe.

JensK
11-02-2009, 05:02 AM
If he can play, well play him, however, Tomlin has shown us plenty of times that he'll bench a player who is not 100% focused on the task ahead, which Clark obviously is not - which is why i believe he will not play, but it'll be coaches decision, not Clarks.

TEEMONT
11-02-2009, 08:45 AM
Absolutely ridiculous. The Steelers cannot allow him to play. He almost died last time he played in Denver. God forbid anything happen to him, but the Steelers will be a disgrace to the NFL if anything does.

Let him sit. A Mundy/Townsend rotation will be alright for this game.

--- Added 11/2/2009 at 01:05 AM ---

It's because Teemont is a ****ing idiot. He could give a **** about Clark dying on the field, but we all know he was crying in bed when his boy Willie Parker stubbed his big toe.

You really wanna open that can of corn? A ****ing idiot? You think I really give two shits about any of these players health? **** no I dont. They ae paid outrageous amounts of money to entertain me. Outrageous ****ing sums of money. I could be a CEO and make 300 grand a year, and football players would still make outrageous sums of money comapred to me. No sympathy for any of them, they are paid to be on the field on Sunday if they are physically able.

Just b/c you masturbate all over pictures of Rashard Mendenhall does not mean I give a flying **** abotu Willie Parker on any day other than Sundays, don't lump me into your crazy bin of fan-awesomeness.

BlitzburghRockCity
11-02-2009, 10:05 AM
Him giving his paycheck to charity, or just simply offering to not get paid if he doesn't play is an option to explore, but you also have to consider his contract situation and what, if any, provisions are in it for something like this. This isn't something the NFL deals with every day so it's not like there is past experience to draw on here, atleast not as far as I know.

Clark is a competitor, if he is able to go there is no reason to think he won't. This whole deal isn't so much about if Clark wants to play but if Tomlin should let him or not.

Danger DANJ
11-02-2009, 10:28 AM
I can't find the article, but I swore I read that Clark would be docked a game check if he didn't play. I read it last week I think.

yinzer
11-02-2009, 11:56 AM
It's Clark's call if he plays, HIS call.

"Coach and I have talked about it, the doctors talked about it, my wife and I. We'll figure it out," Clark said in the radio interview. "I'll be there either way. I'll be at the game. When the decision is made, I'll let coach decide when to tell the media and everybody whether or not I'm going to play, and I'm going to kind of stay out of it from that standpoint, but I will make the decision."

Read more: http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/09305/1009907-66.stm#ixzz0ViZT2WI4

http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/09305/1009907-66.stm

SteelersWoman
11-02-2009, 05:45 PM
This is how the military handles a person with sickle cell:

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/2197408
Sickle cell trait and military service.

James CM (http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed?term=%22James%20CM%22%5BAuthor%5D&itool=EntrezSystem2.PEntrez.Pubmed.Pubmed_ResultsP anel.Pubmed_RVAbstract).

In the community great efforts have been made to educate those with sickle cell trait that their condition is not a handicap and that they are fit to lead a normal life. It would be seen as a retrograde step for the Armed Forces to imply that they are in some way unfit for normal duties.

The evidence presented demonstrates that with the exception of a small excess risk of sudden unexplained death during training there is no objection to recruiting those with sickle cell trait.

At present those with sickle cell disorders are barred from service in the Marine Commandos and from diving, submarine and aircrew service. On the basis of the evidence presented in this review a case can be made for allowing those with sickle cell trait to enter as aircrew in helicopters but not as pilots.

In view of the requirements for military divers to operate in cold water under stressful conditions the exclusion of those with sickle cell trait is entirely justified.

The overriding requirement must be the safety of both the affected individual and of others and the current regulations reflect this.

So they don't treat them as though they're handicapped--however, they won't risk that person's life (or anyone else's who may be around them), so they won't put them in certain situations, or require that they do certain jobs. I think the Ryan Clark situation is the same thing. Yes, he's able to play football, but SHOULD he (or should he be expected to) play in situations that might cause him to have life threatening complications? No--not even the military would ask him (or let him) do that.

JensK
11-02-2009, 05:58 PM
This is how the military handles a person with sickle cell:

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/2197408
Sickle cell trait and military service.

James CM (http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed?term=%22James%20CM%22%5BAuthor%5D&itool=EntrezSystem2.PEntrez.Pubmed.Pubmed_ResultsP anel.Pubmed_RVAbstract).

So they don't treat them as though they're handicapped--however, they won't risk that person's life (or anyone else's who may be around them), so they won't put them in certain situations, or require that they do certain jobs. I think the Ryan Clark situation is the same thing. Yes, he's able to play football, but SHOULD he (or should he be expected to) play in situations that might cause him to have life threatening complications? No--not even the military would ask him (or let him) do that.

If people in the military was payed half of what Clark is, im guessing the military would see a high raise in applications though :P

K Train
11-02-2009, 06:10 PM
^true that

lloydfan4life
11-02-2009, 06:12 PM
You think I really give two shits about any of these players health? **** no I dont. .

Of course not, because that's just the kind of guy you are.

So basically what you're telling us is that Ryan Clarks life is expendible because you pay good money to be entertained by him on Sundays?

I think your posts are for nothing more than shock value. Nobody can be as cold hearted as you want us to believe you are.

TEEMONT
11-02-2009, 07:23 PM
Of course not, because that's just the kind of guy you are.

So basically what you're telling us is that Ryan Clarks life is expendible because you pay good money to be entertained by him on Sundays?

I think your posts are for nothing more than shock value. Nobody can be as cold hearted as you want us to believe you are.

No its not expendable b/c of how much I pay to see him play, it is b/c of how much he gets paid to play. Millions of dollars to play a game.

You think Ryan Clark would give a **** if sickle cell got in the way to perform your job? I doubt it, I also doubt he would give a **** about it getting in the way to do my job. Would it be a tragedy if he died on the field? Sure...it would be, and honestly it would suck. If its the altitude thats gonna kill him then how does the guy fly anywhere? Why isn't he bussed to every game. The doctors have cleared him, he can play, he should play. If the doctors said, "No you will die if you step on the field and run around dropping interceptions," Then keep him off the field...but they cleared him to pay, Dr's who will be held liable and get their asses sued off if they were wrong.

SteelersWoman, if I had sickle cell, the Air Force would make sure I got my flight pay taken away from me, since I wouldnt be able to do my flight duties. the same should happen to Clark. If he can't play, he shouldn't get no pay.

lloydfan4life
11-02-2009, 09:19 PM
I agree that if he doesn't play he shouldn't get paid. I don't know that this has even been a topic up for debate.

The bottom line is, whatever decision Ryan makes I hope he makes the one that is right for him. If that means he doesn't play, I support that. If he plays I pray that he stays healthy and I wish him the best.

DanRooney
11-02-2009, 09:29 PM
Weird if I get injured on the job, the military pays for my medical and still gives me my salary.

Guess the military should not give a **** and take that away.

TEEMONT
11-02-2009, 10:50 PM
Weird if I get injured on the job, the military pays for my medical and still gives me my salary.

Guess the military should not give a **** and take that away.

not if ur cleared to do your job.

and it works different for fliers....if I cant fly they take my extra flight pay away

BlacknGold Bleeder
11-03-2009, 01:43 AM
From what i have seen the doctors have not really been able to explain why his body acted the way it did... yes it was the sickle cell but as to why it did what it did at that point in time ,there really isn't an explanation...

Sooo given the nature of the game and the speed and hitting of the game, why is it even played?? I mean these guys take a risk every time they go on the field,just ask Darryl Stingley. It is a violent sport and at any given time somebody could hit another player and kill them. I don't wish that on anybody,but it could happen...

Bottom line is he has been cleared to play and it should be his decision because if he is out there playing with this weighing on his mind then he will get hurt. Anybody that plays has to have their mind on playing,not thinking about what might happen...:2cents:

lloydfan4life
11-03-2009, 08:48 AM
Link to Post Gazette Article (http://www.pittsburghpostgazette.com/pg/09307/1010375-66.stm)

"It's more than the sickle-cell trait. There are a lot of people that play football in Denver with the sickle-cell trait. Ryan is a unique case where it's the sickle-cell trait and a combination of something else, which I am not educated to speak on. But it is sickle-cell trait in combination with some other pre-existing medical issue that creates it.

"So, Santonio is not at any unique risk, unless he too shares that same medical situation, which I believe at this point he does not."

Tomlin reiterated that Clark "received medical clearance to play in this football game" after coach and player met with a team of doctors Thursday. He said a decision will be made later in the week and that it's not all Clark's choice.

"The decision lies with he and myself," Tomlin said.

"His physical health, his well being, of course, is paramount. We're going to attempt to do what's right, we're going to weigh all our options, and we're going to come to a decision here at some point later this week. Really hadn't put a timetable on it at this point."

Ward would not play
Hines Ward knows what he would do if he were in Ryan Clark's place.

"If it were me, no I wouldn't go," Ward stated flatly yesterday after the Steelers returned from a week off and went through their first practice since they beat Minnesota Oct. 25.

"You know what? Football's second when it comes to someone's life. Life is more important than football to me."

Ward, though, said he can understand why Clark might want to play in Denver.

"We as competitors, it's hard to keep anyone from playing because that's one game you never get back.

"I know he wants to be out there but life is way more precious than football. When football ends, you can still go on and have a productive life. What Ryan went through the last time he was there, to see him lose his spleen and to come to find out it was because of the Denver trip ... if it were me, I wouldn't play. It's not even a question. But I can't speak for somebody else. I don't know how he and his family feel about the situation."

cmerrifield
11-03-2009, 11:37 AM
I think Clark should be cautious, I wont hold it against him if he doesnt play. I think either way, losing Clark wont be as bad as losing Troy, so we wont see the same decline if he doesnt play

Steelersfan
11-03-2009, 11:38 AM
not if ur cleared to do your job.

and it works different for fliers....if I cant fly they take my extra flight pay away

Key word, Extra. You would still get paid your salary and if you played the game right get paid every month the rest of your life.

From what i have seen the doctors have not really been able to explain why his body acted the way it did... yes it was the sickle cell but as to why it did what it did at that point in time ,there really isn't an explanation...

Sooo given the nature of the game and the speed and hitting of the game, why is it even played?? I mean these guys take a risk every time they go on the field,just ask Darryl Stingley. It is a violent sport and at any given time somebody could hit another player and kill them. I don't wish that on anybody,but it could happen...

Bottom line is he has been cleared to play and it should be his decision because if he is out there playing with this weighing on his mind then he will get hurt. Anybody that plays has to have their mind on playing,not thinking about what might happen...:2cents:

That is why they get paid what they get paid. People take risks commuting back n forth to work but they go to work. There are workers with far more dangerous jobs than football players but the bottom line is I don't think ANY company in their right mind would put someone in a knowing situation where they were more at risk to die or be injured. Not counting the military of course.

K Train
11-03-2009, 05:03 PM
if clark plays, which i think he should....i think it will be like watching a wrecking ball terrorize the broncos offense

profellisdtrails
11-03-2009, 06:34 PM
if he can breathe

Steel Trap86
11-04-2009, 05:51 PM
Steelers starting free safety Ryan Clark is highly unlikely to play Monday night in Denver, according to league sources, because of a rare sickle-cell trait that can trigger life-threatening complications at altitude.

Clark needed emergency surgery to remove his spleen when he played in Denver in 2007, and he also experienced serious complications from playing there with the Redskins in 2005.

Doctors cleared Clark to participate in the game, citing a low risk of him experiencing those same chronic issues again, but it can’t be ruled out entirely. Despite Clark protesting to play — I know him well, and he’s as driven an individual as you will find in this game — the Steelers are virtually certain to make an organizational decision to have him sit out the game against the Broncos, the sources said.

A final decision hasn’t been made, and Steelers coach Mike Tomlin has said he wouldn’t make any further statements on the matter until Thursday at the earliest, but internally, there is a strong feeling that protecting Clark is paramount. If this was the AFC Championship Game, the Steelers might be more inclined to let Clark make the call, but that is highly doubtful in this circumstance.

Clark, who hits hard and plays well above his modest 5-foot-11 stature, is having what might be his best season. The eighth-year NFL veteran is eligible for unrestricted free agency in March should the sides not reach an extension agreement before then. http://blogs.nfl.com/2009/11/04/steelers-likely-will-protect-clark-sit-him-vs-broncos/

Looks like the doctors cleared him to play, but Tomlin will not. I doubt we see #25 out there Monday night.

lloydfan4life
11-04-2009, 06:47 PM
Looks like the doctors cleared him to play, but Tomlin will not. I doubt we see #25 out there Monday night.

and if that's the case, I say kudos to Mike Tomlin. :clap:

TEEMONT
11-04-2009, 07:03 PM
Key word, Extra. You would still get paid your salary and if you played the game right get paid every month the rest of your life.

No...if I couldnt fly...my first option would be to re-train. If that didn't work out, and I was MEDICALLY cleared to do other jobs, I would be out on my ***. The AF, or the military for that matter doesnt take too well to people being medically cleared to do work, and then opting not to do it.

Once a Dr. says you are healthy enough to do your job, in almost any line of work, I believe most employers would expect you to do it. Millionaires should not be exempt from that.

If this was the AFC Championship Game, the Steelers might be more inclined to let Clark make the call, but that is highly doubtful in this circumstance.

lol...it is a business after all.

Stlrs4Life
11-04-2009, 07:11 PM
If he can play, well play him, however, Tomlin has shown us plenty of times that he'll bench a player who is not 100% focused on the task ahead, which Clark obviously is not - which is why i believe he will not play, but it'll be coaches decision, not Clarks.

Where does it say Clark is not focused on the job? The media is making a big deal out of it, not Clark.

K Train
11-04-2009, 11:26 PM
hes listed as doubtful

JensK
11-05-2009, 04:52 AM
Where does it say Clark is not focused on the job? The media is making a big deal out of it, not Clark.

I think its pretty obvious? If he was 100% focused on this game, he would have made up his mind a long time ago and said that he would play, which he havnt so far.