PDA

View Full Version : If the Steelers win in Denver...

Troyisabeast_43
10-29-2009, 06:04 PM
Eleven days from now on Monday night and the Ravens win their next 2 games against the Broncos in Baltimore this Sunday, and then at Cincinnati next Sunday the Steelers would be 6-2 in first place in the AFC North and even more importantly they would then currently be the number 2 seed in the AFC behind the Colts going into the Bengals game to start the 2nd half of the season. I know it might not mean that much right now but it never ever hurts to start looking at playoff seedings and scenarios once the middle of November rolls around. So believe it or not if the Ravens win their next 2 games against the Broncos and the Bengals they could actually help the Steelers take over first place in the AFC North from the Bengals and also take over the 2nd seed in the AFC from the Broncos. The Colts schedule as well is going to get tougher the next 4 games as well in the quest to chase them down for the possible number 1 seed in the AFC. The Colts have played a cupcake schedule so far but the next 4 weeks it gets a bit tougher. The Colts have 3 straight home games against the 49ers,Texans,and Patriots,and then go to Baltimore to play the Ravens a week before the Steelers play the Ravens in Baltimore on Sunday night. While that schedule is not brutal for the Colts it will be more challenging and I could definitely see the Colts possibly dropping a game or two in that stretch. Just a little food for thought and something to keep in mind being on a bye week.

DanRooney
10-29-2009, 07:58 PM
A little too early to play the if's game. Just keep hoping the Bengals and Ravens lose while we win until the last 3 weeks in the regular season.

Black@Gold Forever32
10-29-2009, 08:13 PM
I'm rooting for the Broncos this weekend against the Ravens....I can never root for the Ratbirds.....The Broncos will fall and I'm not worried about them at all....I also don't really care about the homefield either....The Steelers beat the Colts in Indy on their way to Super Bowl XL......I think we can take them down again in Indy....Plus if the Steelers play a play-off game in Indy then I will be there....Indy is only 3 hours from my house....lol

Troyisabeast_43
10-29-2009, 08:37 PM
I'm rooting for the Broncos this weekend against the Ravens....I can never root for the Ratbirds.....The Broncos will fall and I'm not worried about them at all....I also don't really care about the homefield either....The Steelers beat the Colts in Indy on their way to Super Bowl XL......I think we can take them down again in Indy....Plus if the Steelers play a play-off game in Indy then I will be there....Indy is only 3 hours from my house....lol

Id still rather play Peyton Manning on a sloppy cold field in mid-January at Heinz Field then play him and the Colts at Lucas Oil Stadium inside where he has a dry field and less crowd noise in his favor. I know the Steelers went on their amazing 6 seed run in 2005 where they won 3 straight games in a row on the road against the top 3 seeds, but the fact of the matter is you dont want to have to push your luck and try and do something like that again. The easiest road you can take to the Super Bowl is get one of the top 2 seeds, get that week off and get at least one home game after the bye and then like last year hope the number 1 seed gets knocked off much like the Titans did and then you have a chance to host the Championship game at home. The way the Steelers have played at home since Mike Tomlin has been the head coach losing only 4 games since 2007 I have more faith and trust in him to win big playoff games at home then I ever did with Bill Cowher especially since he has already done it winning his first AFC Championship game at home last year something Bill Cowher failed to do time and time again.

LarryNJ
10-29-2009, 09:35 PM
A little too early to play the if's game.

Not for TIB! His anal ytical ;) mind is always giving us what if scenerios! :)

Black@Gold Forever32
10-29-2009, 10:23 PM
Id still rather play Peyton Manning on a sloppy cold field in mid-January at Heinz Field then play him and the Colts at Lucas Oil Stadium inside where he has a dry field and less crowd noise in his favor. I know the Steelers went on their amazing 6 seed run in 2005 where they won 3 straight games in a row on the road against the top 3 seeds, but the fact of the matter is you dont want to have to push your luck and try and do something like that again. The easiest road you can take to the Super Bowl is get one of the top 2 seeds, get that week off and get at least one home game after the bye and then like last year hope the number 1 seed gets knocked off much like the Titans did and then you have a chance to host the Championship game at home. The way the Steelers have played at home since Mike Tomlin has been the head coach losing only 4 games since 2007 I have more faith and trust in him to win big playoff games at home then I ever did with Bill Cowher especially since he has already done it winning his first AFC Championship game at home last year something Bill Cowher failed to do time and time again.

I'm not worried about the Colts in Pittsburgh or in Indy...I think we match up with them and can beat them anywhere......

LatrobePA
10-29-2009, 10:24 PM
I'm rooting for a complete blood bath in Baltimore this weekend. Bring the front loader in to get the beat up players off the feild!

Black@Gold Forever32
10-29-2009, 10:35 PM
I hope Elvis Dumervil rips Joe Succo's arm off and beats him with it....lol

LatrobePA
10-29-2009, 11:38 PM
I hope Elvis Dumervil rips Joe Succo's arm off and beats him with it....lol

Or eats it!:cope:

Stlrs4Life
10-30-2009, 08:47 AM
I hope the Steelers play the 1 game at a time approach. It is early.

BlitzburghRockCity
10-30-2009, 09:43 AM
The good thing with Tomlin is that he's grounded, not like Cowher who's teams always got caught looking ahead. Whether or not this years team can take care of business is yet to be determined, but we know the talent is in place.

It's always interesting to see how the playoffs will unfold in the NFL, because there is only 16 games. Every game is important and any game on any given week can greatly affect your places chances.

IF, the Steelers beat Denver then we are in a very good position and setting ourselves up nicely for the stretch run. I can't ever cheer for Baltimore but having them beat Cincy would work out nicely for us. The good thing about the Ratbirds and us, and the bad thing for the Cincy is; both the Steelers & Ratbirds will be primed, ready, and pissed off from the loss earlier in the year. When Cincy comes to town you can bet it's going to be ugly and I firmly believe it's going to be a loss for the Bengals on both occasions.

memphissteelergirl
10-30-2009, 10:30 AM
I'm rooting for a complete blood bath in Baltimore this weekend. Bring the front loader in to get the beat up players off the feild!

:lol::plus1:

coldrolled
10-30-2009, 10:50 AM

a great call for a blood bath.. that will play in our favor. not that we will need it.

the ravens and steelers will both beat denver the next two games.

thats my call, denver played only one team with a defense ranked over #18

the pats..

and they played cinci when cinci didnt realize that they were better than last year.

:helmet:

LatrobePA
10-30-2009, 11:40 AM
Orton doesn't seem to bright, I think the confusing Steelers D will be too much!