PDA

View Full Version : SILVERBACK; Defensive Player of the Month

BlacknGold Bleeder
10-29-2009, 01:24 AM
Just got a text on my phone saying that James "Silverback" Harrison will be annouced by the NFL as the Defensive Player of the Month !! Woo Hoo !! :tt02::tt02::tt02:

Hope it's true !!

Big T
10-29-2009, 01:50 AM
He definitely deserves it...he's had like 7 sacks this month haha. He's second in the league in sacks and is on pace to break the steelers single season sack record of 16 which he set last season. I looked up some stats on NFL.com, he leads the league in forced fumbles and out of the top 50 sack leaders in the league(I only looked at the top 50), James has the most tackles. That is why he should definitely be in the conversation for Defensive Player of the Year once again when this season is all said and done. These are the types of things that set him apart from almost all the other guys that put up big numbers, like DeMarcus Ware last year an Elvis Dumervil so far this year. He is willing to do the dirty work and put in that much more effort to help his team win games.

BlitzburghRockCity
10-29-2009, 09:31 AM
Quite a turn around from the first couple games when everybody was going crazy about him and Wood not getting any sacks and the defense not getting pressure. It was just a matter of time before we got our act together on defense this season and started getting back to form.

Congrats to Silverback, well deserved once again!

HUNT4SEVEN
10-29-2009, 09:31 AM
Congrats to James:clap::clap:

ejsteeler
10-29-2009, 10:29 AM
He is who we thought he was.......:lol: :cope:

igor0190
10-29-2009, 10:32 AM
Then you got guys like Jared Allen and Odom racking up sacks against Green Bay...
Hopefully the Pack don't have their line shored up before we play them.

75Steeler
10-29-2009, 11:17 AM
He is who we thought he was.......:lol: :cope:

And then some!!!! :cope:

Ironman
10-29-2009, 12:30 PM
Quite a turn around from the first couple games when everybody was going crazy about him and Wood not getting any sacks and the defense not getting pressure. It was just a matter of time before we got our act together on defense this season and started getting back to form.

I think most of the pressure was comin' down on Woodley, but Harrison's slow start certainly didn't evade criticism - in his case, it was just a matter of getting the reps and getting back into the swing of things.

Well deserved, can anyone say consecutive defensive MVP awards?

DanRooney
10-29-2009, 02:03 PM
If Woodley would hustle as much as Harrison does (I know he has the athletic ability), we would be a pretty unbeatable team right now. Woodley has stepped it up a notch in the past two weeks but should be on pace for 10-11 sacks instead of less than half of that.

LatrobePA
10-29-2009, 02:24 PM
I still think our D hasn't shown much this year and the second half with a rested healthy group the pressure will be applied!

Blazedby92
10-29-2009, 03:32 PM
I still think our D hasn't shown much this year and the second half with a rested healthy group the pressure will be applied!

:crossfingers: I was kind of thinking the same way.

coldrolled
10-29-2009, 03:56 PM
:crossfingers: I was kind of thinking the same way.

arians has not shown anything yet either... maybe he is saving the offense for the second half?

ben should go no-huddle at least once a qtr....

:cope::cope::cope:

SteelCityKid5
10-29-2009, 04:14 PM
Im praying for the Broncos win this weekend: A) to beat Baltimore cause they would have another loss and B) so we can show the "world" on MNF just who the hell we are by beating the Broncos. I still believe the Steelers havent come close to firing on all cylinders. If or when they do....boy look out

UKSTEELER
10-29-2009, 08:16 PM
I've never doubted debo, the guy is a beast and never stops hustling and making plays, and although Woodley has begun to awaken a little, he is still by far and away this seasons biggest disapointment.:popcorn: :imho:

DanRooney
10-29-2009, 08:35 PM
I've never doubted debo, the guy is a beast and never stops hustling and making plays, and although Woodley has begun to awaken a little, he is still by far and away this seasons biggest disapointment.:popcorn: :imho:

Has anyone noticed Timmons on the outside for a couple of snaps in the last two games?

Sir Blitzelot
10-31-2009, 09:44 AM
It is much deserved, congratulations to the Silverback! :tt02: :clap: