PDA

View Full Version : Wallace making most of opportunity

jpele
10-27-2009, 09:15 AM
From the beginning, Wallace did everything right. He learned the Steelers' complicated offense. He watched veterans Hines Ward and Santonio Holmes -- each a Super Bowl MVP -- to see how they carried themselves and went about their business. He did his work and kept his mouth shut, the way all rookies should, especially on a Super Bowl team. He caught just about everything thrown to him. He stayed out of trouble. He limited his splash plays to the field instead of taking them to parking lots outside of bars. He didn't tussle with any cops.

Read more: http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/09300/1008563-66.stm?cmpid=steelers.xml#ixzz0V8YMWUQ9

The Steelers hit paydirt with this kid,he's a great story.

Which brings me to Limas Sweed. The guy has talent,he runs good routes and always gets open,why can't he catch the ball. We have time to work with him as I'm sure Ward has another year or two.

What I don't want to see is the Steelers using another draft pick on a reciever,we have some games coming up against Kansas City,Oakland and Cleveland, were I think they could let Sweed play and build some confidence.

Any thoughts ?

LatrobePA
10-27-2009, 09:32 AM
Sweed will be needed this year! Don't count him out yet!

Where can I buy his jersey? Wallace is badass!

Lunchbucket
10-27-2009, 10:37 AM
Like Wallace's work ethic,attitude,good hands and awareness.With Hines,Miller,and Holmes helping he will only get even better.Oh and don't forget kids,SPEED KILLS!

JensK
10-27-2009, 12:02 PM
The Steelers hit paydirt with this kid,he's a great story.

Which brings me to Limas Sweed. The guy has talent,he runs good routes and always gets open,why can't he catch the ball. We have time to work with him as I'm sure Ward has another year or two.

What I don't want to see is the Steelers using another draft pick on a reciever,we have some games coming up against Kansas City,Oakland and Cleveland, were I think they could let Sweed play and build some confidence.

Any thoughts ?

Id love to see Sweed get some snaps against those teams, but i think Tomlin too focused on winning to swap Sweed into a game now - I Tomlins mind, he had his chance and he blew it. I think, by now, its clear that Tomlin does not tolerate mistakes, and Sweed made one too many. I wouldnt be surpriced if we didnt see him at all untill next year, like it or not

KemoTherapy
10-27-2009, 02:27 PM
Got to give him credit, he actually catches the ball and holds onto it. Something that can't be said for Dumbass Sweed.

Big T
10-27-2009, 02:29 PM
Id love to see Sweed get some snaps against those teams, but i think Tomlin too focused on winning to swap Sweed into a game now - I Tomlins mind, he had his chance and he blew it. I think, by now, its clear that Tomlin does not tolerate mistakes, and Sweed made one too many. I wouldnt be surpriced if we didnt see him at all untill next year, like it or not

Limas will get more chances this year....Tomlin said it himself when he demoted him....he said that Limas had opportunities and didn't take adantage and next time he better. I still have faith in him. They just need to get him involved early...give him small, easy routes to get a catch or two to build his confidence then try longer things. He can play in this league, he knows it and so do I.

HUNT4SEVEN
10-27-2009, 03:30 PM
I'm not gonna give up on Sweed yet either, but he has to take advantage of the opportunities he has ,it's all on him to make it or not, Wallace on the other hand was a STEAL in the 3rd round, if Sweed get's it together this wide reciever tandum will be one of the best in the league for years to come.............I hope Sweed get's it together soon:crossfingers:

K Train
10-27-2009, 03:50 PM
wallace is exactly what al davis was hoping darius heyward-bey would be at #7 overall

memphissteelergirl
10-28-2009, 10:42 AM
Some players take longer to develop, and I guess Sweed is one of them. I think Coach T knows there is potential in him, but right now he can't take the chance on him in crucial game situations.

Meanwhile, Wallace GETS IT! He is proving himself every week! I told one of my fellow fans watching the game with me that if he keeps up this level of play I'm buying a Wallace jersey! LOL.

Silverback
10-28-2009, 11:58 AM
wallace is exactly what al davis was hoping darius heyward-bey would be at #7 overall

Ha thats exactly what I said to this Raiders fan the other day.

SteelCityKid5
10-28-2009, 01:34 PM
I think from here on out the Stees will try to get a speedy receiver late in each until they wont need anymore WR's (especially under BA). I'm a believer that speed kills. It's an intangible.

TampaSteelGirl
10-28-2009, 01:39 PM
He's fantastic although...I almost pooped in my pants last sunday when he did a somersault in the endzone with the football....I thought if he fumbles that ball and we don't get the TD i'm going to fly up there now and kill his arse!! :grin1:

That being said I'm sure Tomlin pulled him aside and told him to stop the circus act and just get it safely in the endzone!!

Great choice the Steelers made but I think Sweed just needs a year or 2 to grow up..lots of talent, just needs more focus. :imho:

ejsteeler
10-28-2009, 03:22 PM
Sweed better be showing them something in practice or his Steeler career may be awful short.

DanRooney
10-28-2009, 04:32 PM
Sweed for Ted Ginn, Jr.? I heard he's in the doghouse in Miami for dropping balls. Can you imagine Holmes and Ginn playing together for the first time since college?

Big T
10-28-2009, 04:47 PM
Sweed for Ted Ginn, Jr.? I heard he's in the doghouse in Miami for dropping balls. Can you imagine Holmes and Ginn playing together for the first time since college?

No thank you. they both dont catch the ball but Ted has had a **** load more opportunities and Limas has more potential...Limas will be fine with time and reps.

K Train
10-28-2009, 05:10 PM
ginn had a rough game last week....hes not really known for dropping passes though....that would be some serious speed.....asking ginn to be our 4th wr with other speed options like holmes and wallace would be great for ginn, he would dominate.

but the trade deadline is passed and he comes with a very high 9th overall salary

Stlrs4Life
10-28-2009, 07:52 PM
Wallace does look pretty good. hope he keeps it up.

steelcitysfinestXL
10-30-2009, 10:34 PM
That being said I'm sure Tomlin pulled him aside and told him to stop the circus act and just get it safely in the endzone!!

On the contrary, i heard somewhere that Tomlin told him... "Hey Kid! Next time, MAN UP, and do 2 flips! I'd subscribe to that!"