PDA

View Full Version : Steelers Secondary.

OC Steel Curtain
10-26-2009, 03:42 PM
They are making it look like we lost the key to our secondary with Mcfadden gone. They are playing way below their level.. Lets GO! :cursin:

Sir Blitzelot
10-26-2009, 03:56 PM
They are making it look like we lost the key to our secondary with Mcfadden gone. They are playing way below their level.. Lets GO! :cursin:

And with Ryan Clark possibly being out against Denver, it's not going to get any easier for them.

Ibleedblk&gld
10-26-2009, 04:18 PM
it would be nice is gay would stop playing so deep on his man...and if ike could go a game w/o being burned

another thing, ike, when the pass is incomplete, and you were 5 yds off your man...stop doing that stupid ****ing hand-face thing...you had nothing to do w/ the play, so stop acting like you were the reason it was broken up

JensK
10-26-2009, 04:35 PM
it would be nice is gay would stop playing so deep on his man...and if ike could go a game w/o being burned

another thing, ike, when the pass is incomplete, and you were 5 yds off your man...stop doing that stupid ****ing hand-face thing...you had nothing to do w/ the play, so stop acting like you were the reason it was broken up

I think its part of LeBeaus scheme - while i dont agree with it, Steelers would rather give up 3-4y throws than give up the long bombs.

BlitzburghRockCity
10-26-2009, 04:43 PM
I think its part of LeBeaus scheme - while i dont agree with it, Steelers would rather give up 3-4y throws than give up the long bombs.

That's exactly what it is; Lebeau's defenses have always played off the WR. They'd rather give you a cushion then get burnt for a big gainer. The times when they do man up you always see Troy or Ryan back there to help out on deep routes with the double team.

It drives me nuts too, it drives us all nuts, but for the most part it usually works. The reason is usually works is because the front 7 is getting pressure. If they get pressure then it's all good, if they don't then the secondary is in trouble.

OC Steel Curtain
10-26-2009, 04:51 PM
Our Safeties are laying the hat. Ike is too worried about being burnt and Gay is just a second slow to react.

K Train
10-26-2009, 05:09 PM
some really dumb posts in this thread....ike was all over rice all game and in perfect position. lets give favre some credit....alot of his passes were straight up beautiful passes. they didnt have a great game but they played against a truly great QB that has incredible chemistry with rice and harvin despite only playing with them a few weeks. theres nothing wrong with the secondary

igor0190
10-26-2009, 05:30 PM
some really dumb posts in this thread....ike was all over rice all game and in perfect position. lets give favre some credit....alot of his passes were straight up beautiful passes. they didnt have a great game but they played against a truly great QB that has incredible chemistry with rice and harvin despite only playing with them a few weeks. theres nothing wrong with the secondary

:plus1:

TheButt
10-26-2009, 07:13 PM

11 catches for 136 yards....LOL Im glad he was all over him. He woulda got 22 and 336 if not.

Farve picked us apart using 10 diff. receivers and went 34/51 for 334 yards.

Umm... they shouldnt get as much credit as you say.

K Train
10-26-2009, 08:06 PM
11 catches for 136 yards....LOL Im glad he was all over him. He woulda got 22 and 336 if not.

you are underestimating how great of a game favre played....he was making brilliant throws all day long, until that one at the end of the 4th. and rice's body control was incredible. the chemistry they have is very impressive and if you cant admit that you are just a typical homer *** steeler fan that if its not a 35-0 win its just not good enough.

Big T
10-26-2009, 09:23 PM
you are underestimating how great of a game favre played....he was making brilliant throws all day long, until that one at the end of the 4th. and rice's body control was incredible. the chemistry they have is very impressive and if you cant admit that you are just a typical homer *** steeler fan that if its not a 35-0 win its just not good enough.

:plus1:

SteelCityKid5
10-27-2009, 05:23 PM
Preach K Train, preach!

Phenomenal TJ
10-27-2009, 05:30 PM
Yeah, since we were playing one of the league's best QB's...I don't see what the problem was.

The only really horrid play was Gay getting trucked by AP, but that's to be expected. lmao.

Polamalu's returning to old form, I've never been a fan of Gay, Clark's banged up, Ike Taylor just has mental lapses at some point, but he's never going to be considered one of the top corners in the league simply because he can't pick anything off.

All in all, we won the game against one of the best offenses in the league, and they stepped up and didn't allow Favre to do anything to come back.

DanRooney
10-27-2009, 05:46 PM

Actually, Rice was not Ike's duty the entire game. The play where he ran to the 2 yard line and Polamalu tackled him was a soft zone where Rice got lost in a soft spot behind Polamalu. On another play, he was also Troy's responsibility and he ended up missing a tackle by not wrapping him up.

TheButt
10-27-2009, 08:26 PM
Actually, Rice was not Ike's duty the entire game. The play where he ran to the 2 yard line and Polamalu tackled him was a soft zone where Rice got lost in a soft spot behind Polamalu. On another play, he was also Troy's responsibility and he ended up missing a tackle by not wrapping him up.

Actually I never said Ike had him the entire game.

And K-train.. I never said Farve didnt have a great game.

You cant sit there and say .. ohhhh Ike was all over him, ,, we played great D . Cause we did not. over 400 yards ???????? A tip play here and a tip play there and we lose.
But we didnt.

K Train
10-27-2009, 08:33 PM

You cant sit there and say .. ohhhh Ike was all over him, ,, we played great D . Cause we did not. over 400 yards ???????? A tip play here and a tip play there and we lose.
But we didnt.

ike has always had trouble with bigger, more physical receivers unless they were supposed to own him like TO....he never had a problem with TO. but rice has surprised alor of people this year....and its not like rice schooled ike all day, ike had great position ALOT of the time, but i do believe the cliche that a perfect pass beats perfect coverage and thats what we saw

steelers4life66
10-27-2009, 10:09 PM

:ditto:

DanRooney
10-27-2009, 10:43 PM

But we didnt.

Yeah but most of those 100+ yards you talked about came from when Ike was not supposed to be in man coverage with Sidney. Also remember that beautiful catch he made on the sideline on a 3rd and forever? Nothing anyone could do about that. Ike did struggle a bit in the 2nd half though.